Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts (12062 Views)

7 Most Recycled Car Parts / These Amazing Art Pieces Were Created From Salvaged Vintage Car Parts / 5 Car Parts Potholes Can Damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by FileTent: 11:43pm On Aug 12, 2017
Every automobile owner will tell you that maintenance is critical. By taking care of your vehicle, you can dramatically increase its lifespan. There are some car parts that should be at the forefront of your mind during road trips or even your daily commute. Here are five automobile components that need to be replaced frequently.

Spark Plugs

Some manufacturers suggest you change your spark plugs every three years in order to keep your vehicle running smoothly. Engine idling, engine misfiring, high fuel consumption, engine surging, or a lack or acceleration all indicate that it's time for new spark plugs.

Headlights

In order to see properly and drive safely at night, you need working headlights. As technology changes, owners have seen a decrease in the frequency of replacing the car parts associated with headlights. That is because more manufacturers are using LED technology, which outlasts traditional lamps. Of course, these do cost more, so when the time comes to replace the bulbs, you probably will spend a little more money if you have a newer vehicle.

Tires

Depending on the brand of your tires, you could have to replace them after as little as 30,000 miles of travel. You should regularly check the tread for signs of wear. If you place a penny in between the treads of a tire and can see the head of Abraham Lincoln, then the rubber has worn down too much.

In addition, if you have a newer vehicle with a tire pressure monitoring system, you will eventually need to replace this component. Over time, the sensor will wear out. This system offers significant benefits, as it warns drivers when the pressure is too low. Even though the replacement of this system adds to an automobile's maintenance pricetag, many choose to pay the extra price.

Brakes

Stopping your vehicle takes its toll. Brake pads eventually wear down and have to be replaced. In order to avoid incurring additional expenses, you should have your pads replaced at the first sign of wear. This could be a noise or noticing that it takes more pressure or time to come to a complete stop. If you wait too long, not only will you have to replace the pads, but you may also have to replace the rotors underneath.

Batteries

New technology is making it so that your vehicle's battery does not have to be replaced every three years. However, even if you have a five-, seven-, or ten-year battery, you should make sure the battery gets testing during your annual maintenance tune-up. By checking it annually, you can replace the battery before it dies, avoiding the hassle of finding your automobile dead one morning.

There are many different car parts that you will eventually have to replace. However, these five are the most common and will need to be changed more often than other components. If you perform regular maintenance on your automobile, it will last for years.

Source: https://www.mokoshalb.com/
mynd44 lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by mokoshalb(m): 11:45pm On Aug 12, 2017
cool
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:21am On Aug 13, 2017
hmm bow joints nko?

7 Likes

Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by timifakay(m): 4:52am On Aug 13, 2017
Oil filter - each engine service.
Brake pads - when considerable drop in brake oil is noticed.
Stabiliser linkages and sway bar bushings - noise while driving on rough road.
Air filter and cabin filter - when too much dust is on the surface.
Serpentine belt - when name and specs start rubbing off and cracks are noticed.
Drive shafts - noisy clicks at bends suggest wear of the joint.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by 400billionman: 8:23am On Aug 13, 2017
Engine oil.

Oil filter.

Brake pad.

These are the most commonly changed parts. I drove spark plugs for 4 years. Some tyres 4 years.

Please writer, don't write when you are asleep..

19 Likes

Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by OVA200(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2017
When I saw the topic of the thread all my expectation was that Autojosh have created another frontpage topic but after opening the topic i am dissapointed, OP thanks by the way but correct that your tyre.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by idrisolaide(m): 8:25am On Aug 13, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by paymentvoucher: 8:25am On Aug 13, 2017
HONDA:

BOW JOINT

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by Caustics: 8:26am On Aug 13, 2017
shocked
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by Federov(m): 8:26am On Aug 13, 2017
Okay
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by 400billionman: 8:27am On Aug 13, 2017
OVA200:
A
paymentvoucher:
H

Caustics:
shocked
idrisolaide:
grin

See them..

Leaders of tomorrow .
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by MadCow1: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2017
Nigerians don't change headlights unless it is broken in an accident o.. Instead they will buy fog lamps and attach. grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by OVA200(m): 8:29am On Aug 13, 2017
400billionman:

See them..

Leaders of tomorrow .
lol you don vex, sorry follower of tomorrow.
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 13, 2017
Dashboard? shocked
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by can89(m): 8:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Hmmm ok oo
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by bigass123(m): 8:30am On Aug 13, 2017
400billionman:

See them..

Leaders of tomorrow .

Abi leaders of yesterday undecided
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by stankezzy: 8:37am On Aug 13, 2017
These things are waste of money , i have only changed my break pad and tires since 8 yrs but still my toyota corola is cruising fine
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by localblood(m): 8:38am On Aug 13, 2017
What bout side mirror smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by obaival(m): 8:45am On Aug 13, 2017
Wetin aqain u wan replace, d body
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by worlexy(m): 8:45am On Aug 13, 2017
Shock absorber for naija road users

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by aolawale025: 8:54am On Aug 13, 2017
A good spark plug can do about 100000km. That's almost half a cars life span. Just we have mostly sub-standard ones in the market.
Try to buy your plugs abroad.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by Generalmac(m): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2017
As I no come get car nko, Wetin I go replace?
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by psalmson001: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2017
Oil filter should top the list as servicing is done more regularly.
Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by Yazmin: 9:05am On Aug 13, 2017
For cars used in Nigeria, the horns should be replaced every year.

Nigerian drivers press their horns an average of 50 times daily.

This,according to researchers, has been found to be the cause of rising cases of 'Wicklow' , finger cancer in drivers and ear cancer amongst general commuters.

The research went further to state that: ' ......

.....please check the next thread for the research findings

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts by busybeei5(f): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2017
Generalmac:
As I no come get car nko, Wetin I go replace?
Your shoes, maybe lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Litres Of ATF Do I Require? / Ford Says Driving Sports Car Is More Enjoyable Than Kissing & Watching Football / How Much Does It Cost To Learn How To Drive A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.