Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers (21274 Views)

ASUU STRIKE: We Have Reached Agreement With Lecturers – FG (see Details) / Strike: Osinbajo To Head Negotiation With ASUU / LAUTECH VC Pleads With Lecturers To Resume Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by MaziOmenuko: 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
You have to wait until the strike kicks off formally before you start negotiations?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Titto93(m): 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
Even the presido is on strike
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by jhoesee(m): 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
RIPEnglish:
I want the strikes to went on please, FG shouldn't payed them yet o.
I knw dis z supposed 2 b funny buh it isn't bro
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by jashar(f): 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
MrHistorian:
I'm saddened at this ugly development of ASUU's strike action.

In as much as the ASUU is trying to justify its stand on the strike by emphasizing on the meagre funding of education in Nigeria.I'd enjoin them to exhibit an enviable charismatic action by calling off this strike amidst the negotiations with FG.

As for FG,I'm bittered at their late reaction.This Strike action has been looming for Months,Why was the VP and the Ministry of Education docile??..Why were they not proactive to engage them before it gets full-blown??

For Once...I'm disappointed in Acting President Osinbajo.

I hope you know that he recently was just put in a position to address this issue. What did Buhari, Jonathan, Yar'Adua do about this....
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Pdee28: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
What Are You Thanking God 4
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by wristbangle: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
prevail23:
just look at, if u be student, i wonder how ur English will be by d time we finish d strike

His moniker says it all dude
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by MrHistorian: 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
jashar:

I hope you know that he recently was just put in a position to address this issue. What did Buhari, Jonathan, Yar'Adua do about this....
So because Buhari,Jonathan and Yaradua couldn't solve a problem.He should stay indifferent to the problem too?

I don't know the theory you wish to infer,but he(Osinbajo) was a lecturer before now.He was once a member of this ASUU,he knows the best approach at preempting this ASUU strike.

I express my deep bitterness at the fact that the FG had to wait for the strike to commence before its involvement.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Black052(m): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
u11ae1013:
thankgod ooo,make i go chill for house
smh
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by kennyjam: 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
I await and pray for positive outcome that favours the students and the Union at large.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by olafamo: 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lol English have suffered
If you can say this before the strike,
Wat will happen after the strike
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by august2224(m): 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
MrHistorian:

In as much as the ASUU is trying to justify its stand on the strike by emphasizing on the meagre funding of education in Nigeria.I'd enjoin them to exhibit an enviable charismatic action by calling off this strike amidst the negotiations with FG.

As for FG,I'm bittered at their late reaction.This Strike action has been looming for Months,Why was the VP and the Ministry of Education docile??..Why were they not proactive to engage them before it gets full-blown??

[

my chairman, y u dey contradict urself nau? u want ASUU to call of its strike as a matter of 'enviable charismatic action' amidst negotiation with FG. but u r disappointer that FG did not take proactive action on the looming strike before it really got blown, full scale. ASUU went on strike becos FG pays only lip-service in honouring her side of d bargain. if ASUU calls of its strike because of 'enviable charismatic action' as u would caption it, FG will sit down and do nothing abt it. ASUU knows that the FG does not have the political will to honour its agreements wit ASUU. afterall, most of the wards of our political appointees are either schooling n private universities or doing their degrees abroad

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Caseless: 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2017
In 5 months they wrote 5 times without a reply from the ministry and the stvpid adamu adamu had to wait for them to go on strike before opening a negotition table.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by thorbaba: 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
MrHistorian:

it haff do naa... shebi talks don start sha.. ewo loyinboo.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by trent9002(m): 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2017
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Last weekend was bomb for all strikers.

Lacazette

Lukaku

Sallah

Morata

ASUU
grin grin grin

Not everything is a joke. Why do you guys feel the need to trivalize everything?
This is embarrassing and very unfortunate.for the country. This is 2017 and our Government still hasnt resolved this ASUU issue and the Education sector is seriously underfunded but they can buy cars for themselves in the National Assembly and youths like you turn it into a joke and no one is held accountable for anything. Nigeria is a joke. No wonder our President is very humorous.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by JJuanMiguel: 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Last weekend was bomb for all strikers.

Lacazette

Lukaku

Sallah

Morata

ASUU

grin grin grin
Vardy
Rooney
Giroud
Okazaki
Vokes
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Agimor(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2017
Protest and violence is the only language the government understands very well.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by oyoyoyo: 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
ASUU!!! Na to start my comedy career like akpororo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpH2XL2P1aw
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by shehuaz: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
Ekiti360:
​The Federal Government has confirmed that it is in talks with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), after it embarked on an indefinite strike.

ASUU commenced an indefinite strike action across the nation beginning Sunday, August 13

The Director of Press, Federal Ministry of Education, Mrs. Chinenye Ihuoma, told newsmen that negotiations were ongoing between it and the union on the issues arising from the 2009 agreement and the MoU of 2013.

“If it is on ASUU, just know that the FG/ASUU renegotiation 2009 is ongoing with the government team under the leadership of Dr. B. O Babalakin (SAN),” she said.

Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, in January inaugurated a 16-member team to renegotiate the 2009 agreement.

The committee, headed by Babalakin, was given the mandate to dialogue with the ASUU, Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) and Non-Academic Staff Union of Associated & Allied Institutions (NASU) to ensure sustainable peace and industrial harmony in tertiary institutions.

http://fabinfos.com/ASUU-strike-fg-confirms-negotiation-lecturers/

em dey lyk, let dem no go negotiate the Oga ontop na dia ex.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
MrHistorian:

So because Buhari,Jonathan and Yaradua couldn't solve a problem.He should stay indifferent to the problem too?

I don't know the theory you wish to infer,but he(Osinbajo) was a lecturer before now.He was once a member of this ASUU,he knows the best approach at preempting this ASUU strike.

I express my deep bitterness at the fact that the FG had to wait for the strike to commence before its involvement.
Was Jonathan not a lecturer?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2017
trent9002:

Not everything is a joke. Why do you guys feel the need to trivalize everything?
This is embarrassing and very unfortunate.for the country. This is 2017 and our Government still hasnt resolved this ASUU issue and the Education sector is seriously underfunded but they can buy cars for themselves in the National Assembly and youths like you turn it into a joke and no one is held accountable for anything. Nigeria is a joke. No wonder our President is very humorous.
And yet we wonder why our youths are not taken seriously in this country.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
trent9002:

Vent your anger on the Govt
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by menxer: 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
MrHistorian:

Your post is a slap on your moniker.

An issue ASUU has been at and an agreement was reached since 2009 with FG, what are they renegotiating instead of honouring what was agreed?

If the agreement reached in 2009 was not honoured till now warranting ASUU to strike again, meaning ASUU will wait another nine years or so to see if this renegotiated agreement will be honoured?

The only good thing is, a Pharaoh that knew not Joseph corruption is on the throne.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by jashar(f): 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
MrHistorian:

Uncle, what I'm saying is give him time. Remember, this issue has been pending awhile....
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Nwadiuto247: 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
prevail23:
just look at, if u be student, i wonder how ur English will be by d time we finish d strike

Lolzzz.. Check his username and u will understand him well. He called himself RIPEnglish
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Hakeem12(m): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
RIPEnglish:
I want the strikes to went on please, FG shouldn't payed them yet o.
oh my God, are you for real?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
ASUU is a cheap scam
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by dhateeboi(m): 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
Jusome:
must FG wait for strike before they start talks with ASUU....is just foolishness

Baba check the post again
16-member team was inaugurated earlier this year
January and they've been working on it

We all know we're in Nigeria
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by chloride6: 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
trent9002:

In as much as what you have written is desirable, the truth is that govt can not just give into the whims of any association who threatens to strike. Even in UK, there are strikes. Govt would be giving away it's negotiating power away if it sucuumbed to the threat if strike meaning anyone can just threaten to strike and get away with it. Very soon, TUC, NLC, NUPENG, PENGASSAN, NUT and a host of other trade union would just have to threaten to strike and get their demands met.

The instrument of strike works both ways and in the end equilibrium will be achieved with both parties agreeing to terms.

Imagine if the FG pays ASUU the nearly 1 trillion its asking for, implements the 65k minimum wage, it would be economic bedlam for us all in this country.

I can assure you that Govt fears ASUU much more than you can imagine. Infact outside of PENGASSAN and NLC, I think ASUU is one of the most feared associations.

ASUU unlike the rest are purely a group of intellectuals from every walk of life imaginable. Even your media team will have a hard time engaging them.

Lecturers too are generally respected, I can assure you if there is a lecturer in a community, people would most likely want to listen to him/her.

Imagine 20,000 intellectuals country wide, bashing you in public discussions everywhere, no govt wants that I assure you.

Lastly, ASUU strikes are the most glaring deficiency of the govt and they hurt the govt reputation in no small way. If you complain that the FG didn't fix the Lagos - Ibadan road, in as much as i don't take that route I'm most probably oblivious to that defiency on the part of govt. Hoever , students abound everywhere and are a continuous reminder of the inability of the govt to fix a nagging problem so I assure you, govt wants to take care of this as quickly as possible.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by TourismMan(m): 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2017
MrHistorian:

You seem so knowledgeable and learned as always seen in your posts. Your choice of words add to it all. Keep it up.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by TourismMan(m): 2:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
ASUU has embarked on another strike and news from unreliable sources have started springing up and down again. I wish I had graduated before this their nonsense called strike again. If not that I had to do a diploma course first, I would've been done with school before this their nonsense strike again.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by MrHistorian: 2:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
TourismMan:

You seem so knowledgeable and learned as always seen in your posts. Your choice of words add to it all. Keep it up.
Sir..You just made my day.

I am very much honoured.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six Madonna University Students, Lecturer Regain Freedom / School Pupils Skip A Rope In Amazing Way (Video) / ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.