Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers (21273 Views)

ASUU STRIKE: We Have Reached Agreement With Lecturers – FG (see Details) / Strike: Osinbajo To Head Negotiation With ASUU / LAUTECH VC Pleads With Lecturers To Resume Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by blackpanda: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
MrHistorian:
I'm saddened at this ugly development of ASUU's strike action.

In as much as the ASUU is trying to justify its stand on the strike by emphasizing on the meagre funding of education in Nigeria.I'd enjoin them to exhibit an enviable charismatic action by calling off this strike amidst the negotiations with FG.

As for FG,I'm bittered at their late reaction.This Strike action has been looming for Months,Why was the VP and the Ministry of Education docile??..Why were they not proactive to engage them before it gets full-blown??

For Once...I'm disappointed in Acting President Osinbajo.

i dont agree with you. This issue of strike by nigerian universities is becoming too much. It has turned into political sabotage. The ASUU seems to be ever so eager to strike. They are complaining of payment of allowances, but guess what, they are not only the ones being owed salaries and allowances. what if all the policemen decide to strike or all staff of ministry or health, education and power also decide to strike Are they not human beings too? And by the way, all they fees being paid by students where does it go to? They are not accountable to anybody but always eager to grab money from govt
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by dahmie101(m): 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
olipee:
Please negotiate quick o, cos ASUU went on strike in my second semester 100L now this is 500L second semester and as a matter of fact, I have just 6 weeks to go.

FUT minna I guess
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by piagetskinner(m): 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
the FG is thinking of ways to resuscitate the already dying economy...

ASUU is bringing its oloriburuku head for strike..
they should go and sit down abeg...no work no pay
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by abdulramanOla1: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
Sometimes the needful need to b done to bring about a change. With the current situation on ground,the strike is needed.Senators r gifted 13milion cars and you want lecturers to starve and work?
That's why most of us now no longer want to be a lecturer b t rather a senator. Nigeria is a flaw full of flaws...........
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by DaBillionnaire: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
RIPEnglish:
I want the strikes to went on please, FG shouldn't payed them yet o.

Hmmm, jst like ur monicker, RIP to English

savage you are

no chill you have grin

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by prevail23(m): 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2017
wristbangle:

His moniker says it all dude
na bush man
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by jayriginal: 7:38am On Aug 16, 2017
MrHistorian:
I'm saddened at this ugly development of ASUU's strike action.

In as much as the ASUU is trying to justify its stand on the strike by emphasizing on the meagre funding of education in Nigeria.I'd enjoin them to exhibit an enviable charismatic action by calling off this strike amidst the negotiations with FG.

As for FG,I'm bittered at their late reaction.This Strike action has been looming for Months,Why was the VP and the Ministry of Education docile??..Why were they not proactive to engage them before it gets full-blown??

For Once...I'm disappointed in Acting President Osinbajo.

Must you talk?

Are you not aware that the strike is because of the non implementation of a 2009 agreement? That's almost ten bloody years. If ASUU hasn't been patient what do you call this?

In your quest for likes try and make sense sometimes
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by olipee(m): 10:35pm On Aug 16, 2017
dahmie101:

FUT minna I guess
Na so
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
How are they sure that the minister received their letters?
Caseless:
In 5 months they wrote 5 times without a reply from the ministry and the stvpid adamu adamu had to wait for them to go on strike before opening a negotition table.

b) make post to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,
c) like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .
d) automatically added to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps
e) follow all listed Danites
illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, EmeeNaka, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, thoth, Axeman2, lonelydora, rusher14, LoveMachine, ugosample, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, Caseless
If you want to become a Danite simply quote me and tell me
Please copy block of text save it on your PC and paste it to bottom of your posts in appropriate threads or any thread for that matter.
join our email list by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com as soon as you can manage to .
If you want to become a Danite simply quote me and tell me
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Confirms Negotiation With Lecturers by Educareful: 12:01am On Sep 07, 2017
Be prayeful ASUU meeting today with FG does not end in deadlock....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six Madonna University Students, Lecturer Regain Freedom / School Pupils Skip A Rope In Amazing Way (Video) / ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.