Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? (892 Views)

Is It Okay For Married Couples To Make Love Before Going To Church? / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by bishoprccg(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2010
There is this popular saying that love is blind.
Is it so blind, that a man gets married to a woman older than him?
What age difference is tolerable for a relationship to last longer?
I am asking this question, because there have been cases where older women who got married to men younger than them get over bearing, and the end result is a collapse marriage.
whats your opinion?

http://grelohi.com
http://www.naijamillionaire.com
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by H2O2: 8:54am On Feb 16, 2010
If he's comfortable and she's the right woman for him, then why should age be a deterrence. as long as she's not outrageously older than me i probably wouldn't mind getting to know what she has to offer me.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by madlady(f): 8:58am On Feb 16, 2010
^^^ grin grin grin grin grin

I agree with the poster above, if the difference is not too much. Overbearing should have nothing to do with it.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by BleXyn: 9:39am On Feb 16, 2010
I am bleXyn a university student of AAU ekpoma,jus need sm1 2 care 4me dis my numb 08139237937

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by Kelvinj(m): 9:48am On Feb 16, 2010
BleXyn:

I am bleXyn a university student of AAU ekpoma,jus need sm1 2 care 4me dis my numb 08139237937
why do u need sum1 2 care 4 u? Ur mama n papa don die? Anyways this NL not a motherless baby's forum
@poster
Age shouldnt be a barrier in marriage if u love each other!!
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by madlady(f): 9:49am On Feb 16, 2010
BleXyn:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Kelvinj:

why do u need sum1 2 care 4 u? your mama n papa don die? Anyways this NL not a motherless baby's forum

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by Ben13: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2010
lol
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by madlady(f): 9:58am On Feb 16, 2010
^^^^ eh eh eh eh grin grin tongue
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by googles: 10:06am On Feb 16, 2010
[size=13pt]@ topic
if they both reach a mutual understanding that the age is not going to come between them and they truly care about each other why not ??

@ Blexyn
sowiiii ooooooooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by coolier(f): 10:56am On Feb 16, 2010
Yes.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by badoomusoo: 11:10am On Feb 16, 2010
I am never comfortable wif older ladies, they always feel like they know much, pisses me off
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by Freiburger(m): 11:12am On Feb 16, 2010
@ poster is age difference an important factor when marring?
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by Dark1(m): 9:06pm On Feb 27, 2010
Kelvinj:

why do u need sum1 2 care 4 u? your mama n papa don die? Anyways this NL not a motherless baby's forum
grin grin grin
I luv a sharp retort.

@ topic, mutual understanding and respect can't be over emphasized in this kind of relationship.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? by ThePelican(m): 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2010
There's nothing wrong with marrying a woman older than you. The reasons you're getting married matter more than the preexisting conditions. You might as well get married to someone at least your age mate or younger than you and still have a bad marriage. A lot of people have different reasons for getting married to their spouse of choice, and these reasons differ. You have to equate yours according to what you want, how you want it, when you want, and what makes you want it; you don't have to equate it with what others have been through because, for all we know, you haven't been through the same lot.

If she's older than you, but after close study, she's the best woman for you, go ahead and marry her and don't be bothered about what people's assessment will be. Understand, however, that when you live your life, it's for you and no one else or the same people you long to satisfy will be the first to nail you.

(1) (Reply)

The Biggest backside In Brazil? (not indecency!) / I Really Need Your Advice / I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.