Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive (19273 Views)

Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) / See How Long It Takes The World’s Richest People To Pay Off Their Cars / If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Teel012(m): 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
washed my father's car for plenty years and learnt d pedals and how to shift gear, eventually when I was 15, I gathered liver and stole d car with d help of a friend. I had just 3 days ( cos if popc come back come catch me ehn, I don die) so I learnt within d 3 days. first day was madt! plenty swerving in d middle of express, Na God save us, but by d third day, I already got d hang of it.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by jnizzle(m): 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
learnt to drive a manual car in 3days. attended a driving school tho
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by charlypoker(m): 1:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
I started driving a Ford Bus and learned in the process. 2 weeks maximum, I started driving on highway, Benin-Auchi expressway, Benin byepass Benin to Ekpoma.............................and the most interest thing about it is that, I didnt place a learner L board on the bus. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Azeeztaophic(m): 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
I am still learning after 8 years +
Good of you

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by CoCoLav(f): 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
6 months. Wasn't easy but I'm confident on the wheels now.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Ochima75(m): 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
CoCoLav:
6 months. Wasn't easy but I'm confident on the wheels now.

Love seeing ladies behind d wheels kinda sexy
Hope u Ain't d rough type. grin grin
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by CoCoLav(f): 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
Ochima75:

Love seeing ladies behind d wheels kinda sexy
Hope u Ain't d rough type. grin grin

Naah, I like to think of myself as a safe driver.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by pensilpyper(m): 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
i learnt how to drive in 3 days on a manual transmission with a tutor but took a brave step with an automatic transmission alone and was good since then I swear I've not touched a manual transmission
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by ojoadeola: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
45mins. My teacher was such a 'mean' man, he took me to the express road, asked me to face oncoming vehicles and trucks. He took me through a busy street and asked me not to panic, went up the hill and descended the hill. Pushed, pushed and pushed me. The manual car we were using had an extended pedal, he was there to control it whenever I was to veer off. After 45 mins, he told me to go and come back the next day to continue my class.
By evening, from the boldness i had gotten from my lecture in the morning, I set out with my car, which i could not drive before then. I took one of my neighbours, who could drive, in the car (this is to get someone to bail me out in case I am stuck). I drove round my street (and mistakenly brushed the rear of a new vehicle owned by one big man in my area. He asked me to pay, even after much plea. I paid). I did not go back for the driving lessons. I started driving on my own, since then.

Those lessons learnt that day made me to become careful with my driving. I am a better driver today.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by cinoedhunter: 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2017
2 days..
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by thesicilian: 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
I am still learning after 8 years +
Thank you. One thing I have come to realize is that the prudent man is always learning and never ashamed to admit that. I would rather meet a learning person to teach me than one who claims to be perfect.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Coolgent(m): 6:45am On Aug 17, 2017
24Hours
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 17, 2017
Driving na mind. Bought my own car, and in less than a week, I was on the highway already.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Ochima75(m): 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
CoCoLav:

Naah, I like to think of myself as a safe driver.

Hhmmm u lyk to THINK ....

Issok dt means u myt actually not be eehhh anyways kudos
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by ayokellany: 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
Uniqueness01:
I had Phobia for driving.......Now that I have summoned courage to learn, my brother is doing shakara so I have decided to enroll in a driving school.
. If you reside in Lagos I can teach you and you do not even need to pay a dime. So when do we start ?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Dreydoe(m): 3:53am On Nov 09, 2017
7footre:
Didn't take me long, already wanted to drive since my ss1 but my dad didn't let me till ss3. Handled d steering quite well on my 1st attempt.. it took a little under a month for me to be perfect and that's cos I learnt using manual transmission

Proud to have taught over 10 people how to drive over the years!!

I love driving sha
cum teach me... ride no dey yet tho...but i rili
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by 7footre(m): 5:36am On Nov 09, 2017
Dreydoe:
cum teach me... ride no dey yet tho...but i rili

Find a driving school and check in with them bro

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive by Donwyz(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
learning how to drive is just about confidence and concentration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? / Hypercar On Steroids,See The New 2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO / Lexus Undergoes Its Own Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.