Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

"There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS (54462 Views)

Man Shares How A Restaurant Cashier Who He Usually Tip Called To Ask For N200k / Man Shares How His Wife Who Is An Architect Suffers Sexism In Her Profession / Man Shares Hilarious Encounter With A Keke Driver In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by ChangeIsCostant: 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
This story of a young man who took the bull by the horn in order to survive - is really inspiring. Despite being a graduate, the young man ventured into furniture making in Abuja to fend for himself due to lack of employment. And now it appears that the young man is getting on his feet financially as he sponsored himself through Masters degree program and is company has also been shortlisted to benefit the world bank GEM project..

Read the story as shared by The Humans Of Abuja

I came to Abuja as a corp member to serve my father's land, after our compulsory training, I found it difficult getting some where to do my primary assignment.

The beautiful female corp members where all accepted. Then I knew I had to take my destiny into my hands.

One particular day, I had only 100 naira with me and I was get back to Federal housing Lugbe. I calculated my movement and I had to walk all the way from 3 arms zone to wuse market but while I was trekking, I passed through Federal mortgage bank headquarters in central area very close to Ceddi plaza. I just walked in and asked to meet the admin personnel. That was how I met a man who happened to be the team leader in the department of organizational resources. I explained my problems to him and he asked me to drop my details and two weeks after I got a call to come to the bank. That was how I got to a placement to serve my nation.

During my service I lived in Kugbo area of Abuja. Kugbo hosts the biggest furniture market in Abuja. Every Saturday,I joined my cousin to his furniture workshop. That was how I developed interest in furniture making and interior works. By the time I passed out from NYSC, I ventured into the furniture business fulltime because by then the white, blue and red collar jobs were not coming and I decided to create my own job. I produced my first wardrobe with the last stipend NYSC paid me in 2011. Sold it and made another one and that's how I started. I had challenges but I kept moving.

In 2015 I registered my company with CAC and that's how EASTERN FOOTHILLS LTD was born. We are into the production of furniture items and interior works like wardrobes, Kitchen cabinet, sofas, school desk, dinning sets etc.

I tell people that there is money in every dump ground you see in Abuja. Just look very well and you will see the money. In every environment you find yourself ,there are business opportunities for you to exploit. Remain focused and do not be discouraged. See opportunity in any situation you find yourself.

Proceeds from my furniture business paid for my masters degree program in ABU Zaria where I studied INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS AND DIPLOMACY.

World bank saw how fast we were growing and our company was shortlisted to benefit the world bank GEM project. Our products are affordable, durable and reliable and we believe in "Made in Nigeria and Nigeria content.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/money-every-dump-ground-see-abuja-man-shares-story-photos.html

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by Yuneehk(f): 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
"There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja".. Take these words literally at your own peril grin grin

226 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by Caustics: 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
this title is misleading. did he find the table in a dump yard? You want to turn our youths to scavengers

136 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by femolacqua(m): 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
In that case, he had better show people the money.

5 Likes

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by MrHistorian: 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
Noted!
Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by liftedhigh: 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by liftedhigh: 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hmm
Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by tossie101(f): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
What a hard working young man. God bless ur hussle.
Lol... some guys will misunderstand his words tho. grin

23 Likes

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by lathrowinger: 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
shocked
Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by onosprince(m): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
Liar..

3 Likes

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by Sleyanya1(m): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
Really? OK Everybody Forward match with your Binoculars and even Microscope to Every Dump ground in Abuja.

@FTC...E be like you just know my mind lol.

There's a Connotative meaning to the statement.

Thank God for the man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by winzy(m): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
I been done dey plan on how to carry tractors enter Abuja oo

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by rozayx5(m): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
grin grin mumu title

grin

8 Likes

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by N0T0RI0US: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
Weh don sir angry
Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by donofdons: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
It's literally true. There is money hidden in every dump yard in abuja. Most especially in the graveyards. If you digg about 20 freshly dug grave in abuja, you will definitely see millions buried inside the coffins. This is most especially true for the military graves along the road to city gate. But be careful, land mines are buried with some of this money
Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
Dignity in Labour.
Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by emekanairaland(m): 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
EASTERN FOOTHILLS LTD

NOTED cool

1 Like

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by GoodBoi1(m): 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
EASTERN FOOTHILLS? What is his name?
Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by Badonasty(m): 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
This story of a young man who took the bull by the horn in order to survive - is really inspiring. Despite being a graduate, the young man ventured into furniture making in Abuja to fend for himself due to lack of employment. And now it appears that the young man is getting on his feet financially as he sponsored himself through Masters degree program and is company has also been shortlisted to benefit the world bank GEM project..

Read the story as shared by The Humans Of Abuja

I came to Abuja as a corp member to serve my father's land, after our compulsory training, I found it difficult getting some where to do my primary assignment.

The beautiful female corp members where all accepted. Then I knew I had to take my destiny into my hands.

One particular day, I had only 100 naira with me and I was get back to Federal housing Lugbe. I calculated my movement and I had to walk all the way from 3 arms zone to wuse market but while I was trekking, I passed through Federal mortgage bank headquarters in central area very close to Ceddi plaza. I just walked in and asked to meet the admin personnel. That was how I met a man who happened to be the team leader in the department of organizational resources. I explained my problems to him and he asked me to drop my details and two weeks after I got a call to come to the bank. That was how I got to a placement to serve my nation.

During my service I lived in Kugbo area of Abuja. Kugbo hosts the biggest furniture market in Abuja. Every Saturday,I joined my cousin to his furniture workshop. That was how I developed interest in furniture making and interior works. By the time I passed out from NYSC, I ventured into the furniture business fulltime because by then the white, blue and red collar jobs were not coming and I decided to create my own job. I produced my first wardrobe with the last stipend NYSC paid me in 2011. Sold it and made another one and that's how I started. I had challenges but I kept moving.

In 2015 I registered my company with CAC and that's how EASTERN FOOTHILLS LTD was born. We are into the production of furniture items and interior works like wardrobes, Kitchen cabinet, sofas, school desk, dinning sets etc.

I tell people that there is money in every dump ground you see in Abuja. Just look very well and you will see the money. In every environment you find yourself ,there are business opportunities for you to exploit. Remain focused and do not be discouraged. See opportunity in any situation you find yourself.

Proceeds from my furniture business paid for my masters degree program in ABU Zaria where I studied INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS AND DIPLOMACY.

World bank saw how fast we were growing and our company was shortlisted to benefit the world bank GEM project. Our products are affordable, durable and reliable and we believe in "Made in Nigeria and Nigeria content.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/money-every-dump-ground-see-abuja-man-shares-story-photos.html

Ok
Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by BOMA2912(m): 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
It's an idiom, there are opportunities in least expected places.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by Jadmchris(m): 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
His luck... Everybody is not lucky that way.... Where is my laptop plz angry angry

4 Likes

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
Arrant nonsense, I should have finished reading the whole thing before renting the digger

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by Edirinjo: 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
Caustics:
this title is misleading. did he find the table in a dump yard? You want to turn our youths to scavengers
Lolz....a square peg in a round hole. l tot d story is about how he came across fortunes on s
dump ground, so dat l go stil begin reason dat mara b4 o.

1 Like

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by maxiuc(m): 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2017
Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by ALKAMO007: 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2017
Beautiful and wonderful initiative
Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by continentalceo(m): 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
Titto93:
Misleading topic
Learn to read Oga...don't be an illiterate.

1 Like

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by labake1(f): 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
Funny
Some persons are already thinking of relocating to Abuja grin

4 Likes

Re: "There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS by SkenolProp(m): 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Who Sells Garri And Palm Oil During Her Service Shows Off Money She Made / Debate: Money Better Than Education (support Or Oppose) / Riots: Indians Accused Of Molesting Female Workers In Atiku's Company In Yola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.