Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? - Pets (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? (24600 Views)

Jungle Justice On A Pet Python: Man Inspired By Pretty Mike Acquires N23k Python / Which Animal Will Rule The World / Online Store For All Animals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by eclatjoe: 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2017
I'll choose a lion

Incase if my Uncle's wife come visiting
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by charlsecy(m): 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
jerrywill:
I will go with any of the wild cat...
I will go for tiger.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by slurity1: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
Dino
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by slimhomiequan(m): 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
Tiger
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by slimhomiequan(m): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
Tiger, Lion and Wolf
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Jammey6551(m): 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu KING OF THE ZOO
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by temicyborg(m): 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2017
jerrywill:
If it happens that all animals were tamed, domesticated and turned a pet, which animal will you love to have as a pet?

I will go with any of the wild cat sha

as for lala, you and I know the choice
lion
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Rick9(m): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
Leopard, Tiger & Lion,
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Dorxxy: 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
A Lion and an Eagle
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
Maned lion
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by oluwashedy: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
A polar bear
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by hssl(m): 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
Tigers

Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Johnpaul09(m): 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ok
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Johnpaul09(m): 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Some sentence sound great but are wrong cos rules of grammar example concord isn't obeyed

Whenever u’re talking about something that isn’t a reality at the moment, It doesn’t matter whether we are referring to a single person or a group of people subject. As soon as we cross the border between reality and speculation, “were” is the word to be used...

Examples of what I mean:

I was rich and I owned a house at the seaside.(reality: was will be used)
If I were rich, I would have owned a house at the seaside. (hopeful reality i.e non existent at the moment: were will be used)

He was the captain of the team and he chose a different strategy.

If he were captain of the team, he would have chosen a different strategy.

So, for ur above statement:

If it happens that all animals were tamed, domesticated and turned pets, which animal would you love to have as a pet?
See you wey dey correct person wey dey correct another person.
You said...If I were rich, I would have built a house at the seaside (wrong).
Instead of...If I were rich, I would build a house at the seaside OR If I had been rich, I would have built a house at the see side. The same goes with your second example about the team captain.
Then in the real case study...If it happens that all animals were tamed, domesticated and pets, which animal would you love to have as a pet? You got it right here, but if you said...would you have loved to be as a pet?...you would be wrong.
NOTE: If you're using past tense in the principal clause, then you MUST use the same past tense in the subordinate clause, and not past conditional. If you use past perfect in the principal clause, then the following clause will be in the past conditional case.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
Johnpaul09:
See you wey dey correct person wey dey correct another person.

You said...If I were rich, I would have built a house at the seaside (wrong).
Instead of...If I were rich, I would build a house at the seaside OR If I had been rich, I would have built a house at the see side. The same goes with your second example about the team captain.

The in the real case study...If it happens that all animals were tamed, domesticated and pets, which animal would you love to have as a pet? You got it right here, but if you said...would you have loved to be as a pet?...you would be wrong.

NOTE: If you're using past tense in the principal clause, then you MUST use the same past tense in the subordinate clause, and not past conditional. If you use past perfect in the principal clause, then the following clause will be in the past conditional case.

Good evening sir..calm down...go to ur fridge..drink water...and calm down...
Den read ur post...read my post.....cos wht u wrote is different from what u said I wrote....frankly speaking I'm not really getting ur point sir
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Coolgent(m): 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
I will go for Nmandi Kanu
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by fastgyal(f): 11:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
Chikelue2000:
Men for me its definitely Lion

Fastgyal will agree with me
hi
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Chikelue2000(m): 7:06am On Aug 19, 2017
fastgyal:
hi
Good morning
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Ranoscky(m): 9:19am On Aug 19, 2017
polar_bear
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2017
Kowor:

Haha... Please don't kill me with laughter.
I know right. I can be too realistic grin A person who is true to herself.

1 Like

Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
A lot of people choosing polar bear. Naturally I like eagles, but an eagle is not meant to be tamed.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Rozaytee: 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
Racoon
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by kehnton(m): 10:25am On Jul 08, 2018
a unicorn!!!
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by davillian(m): 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2018
My love for the fastest animals land,air and sea.
Cheetah ,falcons and sailfish.
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by frowland(m): 12:41pm On Jul 08, 2018
whale of course!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by lordjudex2017: 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
lions, tigers, leopards, rhinos and hippopotamus
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by jbblues24(m): 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
It makes me laugh... smiley
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by wizi44(m): 8:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]wolf
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by lilbarracuda(m): 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
A whale maybe
So I can leave this country by see
Re: If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2019
frowland:
whale of course!

sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Introducing My Girl Ariel Of Pearl Kennel / My Puppy Has A Swollen Stomach / Best Dry Food Available In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.