Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets (753 Views)

ROMANCE NOVEL:Rise Of The Blue Phoenix (Chronicles of The Girl Who Went Viral 1) / The Rise And Rise Of Award Winning Writer, Esther Itohan Obasuyi (Pics) / The Rise And Fall Of Derico ”nwa-mama” ( True Life Story ) – Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets by KachiUgo(m): 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
Copyright, 2017
By Kachi Ugo

All rights reserved.

Seriously guys, all rights reserved!
Re: Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets by KachiUgo(m): 12:07am On Aug 16, 2017
5 W's of the Prophets

Woe unto all that is good and fine upon the surface of the earth. For in the end, it shall be consumed in fire.

Woe unto the man that stands between a prophet and his prize. For it is better that he were never born.

Woe unto the man that stands against a prophet. For it is a foolhardy enterprise and will result in great loss on his part.

Woe unto the man that is preyed upon by a prophet. For there is no barren rock within, above, and beneath the earth that he shall not be found.

Woe unto the world of men. For the Rise of the Prophets is upon them.

Jonathan Swift and the Rise of the Prophets

Copyright, 2017.
By Kachi Ugo

All rights reserved.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets by nanadeeva01(f): 12:18am On Aug 16, 2017
OK
Re: Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets by KachiUgo(m): 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
Copyright, 2017
By Kachi Ugo

All rights reserved.

Prologue

~6,000 BC

Verlira lay among the dead, the cold piercing through her bones and killing her faster than the poison running through her veins. The cave was wide, but the fallen, which numbered in the hundreds, crowded in on her. The bodies lay strewn around the cave's snow caked ground. The walls of the cave were overlayed with the blood of war in sickening, almost artful streaks, splashes, and splotches. Even from the spiky ceiling, blood still dripped down to the ground. It was supposed to be a battle. But it was not. It was a massacre. The Others had ridden in upon the night's tide and had butchered everyone of them. They had feasted upon them like locust. They had stabbed her in the chest with a poisoned blade and left her to die.

Verlira raised her palm up into the air and spoke the charm. There was a transient twinkle on the tips of her finger. Less than a minute later, a portal appeared in the midst of the room and a man walked through into the cave of the dead. The man rushed to her side and hefted her into his arms.

"Who did this?" the man asked, breaking with tears. He looked around at the many dead prophets before settling his deep, blue eyes upon her face.

"Tell me, Bashir," Verlira managed to say, "did we win the war?"

Bashir nodded, solemn. "We lost so many. We can't stand another attack."

"Yet, that is what awaits us," Verlira replied. "Maybe not this era. Maybe not next. But surely, the Others will come again and there will be no one left to stop them."

Bashir squeezed her shoulders channelling healing power into her body. Verlira felt the cold vanish from her body. Yet, the poison remained.

"It's no use, Bashir," said Verlira. "I wanted your face to be the last thing I saw before I died."

The tears pulled off Bashir's eyes. He remained silent, only sobbing as he fought to keep from wailing. When he regained his composure, he said, "What will I do?"

Verlira turned away as though she were satisfied with seeing him.

"That, I do not know," she replied. The poison was only seconds from her heart. She sighed, and for the first time that horrorful night, she shed a tear. "I don't envy you, husband. When they return, they will consume the whole world. No, I don't envy you. I feel sorry for what you must do next."

Bashir said in reply, "I can't. I don't know how to."

"You must find a way," Verlira replied, her strenght already leaving her. "He may very well be our only hope." Then she went lax with death.

Bashir rose to his feet. For a full minute he stood silent looking upon his dead wife and the countless dead around him. Then he turned away from his wife and reopened the portal. Before he passed through he sent a volley of fire from his hand into the ground, knowing that the fire would devour everything within the cave right down to the hard ground underneath the pile of bodies and snow. After this he was gone. What he did not know was that the Others had seen and heard the entire exchange and that they, too, would be looking for him.

"Woe unto the world of men. For the Rise of the Prophets is upon them."

Jonathan Swift and the Rise of the Prophets is a Fantasy Action Adventure serial by Kachi Ugo. Kachi Ugo absolutely does not know what he's writing in this story. Kachi Ugo absolutely has no idea what happens next. Kachi Ugo wishes that you have a good time reading this story. He promises you that he probably won't finish writing this, but prays that you read it anyhow. Might as well enjoy it whilst it lasts, huh? And, who knows, something great might come out of this. Okay, enough talking (or writing.. .?). Kachi Ugo wishes you well. Bye wink
Re: Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets by KachiUgo(m): 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
nanadeeva01:
OK

Kachi Ugo laughed when he read this. He thanks you for commenting anyway and wishes you a splendid journey in this world of Prophets, Others, and dead men in caves. grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets by nanadeeva01(f): 8:08am On Aug 20, 2017
luv it. when re u posting the next episode
Re: Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets by Speedstar09: 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
Guy,your intro was precisely awesom...this looks promising
Re: Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets by KachiUgo(m): 9:59am On Aug 22, 2017
nanadeeva01:
luv it. when re u posting the next episode

Great!

Within a forth-night. Hopefully...
Re: Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets by KachiUgo(m): 10:00am On Aug 22, 2017
Speedstar09:
Guy,your intro was precisely awesom...this looks promising

THANKS!
Re: Jonathan Swift And The Rise Of The Prophets by Speedstar09: 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2017
KachiUgo:

THANKS!
Where the update na?hope you are faring well

(1) (Reply)

If You Want To Be Rich, YOU Have To Make It Happen / The Abominable Son-in-law / My Love, My Billioniare || Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.