Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? (1013 Views)

Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! / Where Is This Generation Heading To what married women doing to themselves / He Met Me In My Mom's Shop 10 Years Ago,Now This Is Happening; Lady Reveals.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by Maxvasia(m): 10:25am On Aug 16, 2017
This post is ONLY for those few who are still willing to be true human beings. I advice irresponsible enthusiasts to keep off and hold their peace. As for the malevolent ones here on NL, they will find their sentence in the following words!

As soon as one stops to think just a little, he will come to realise that nothing seems to concern or catch the interest of this generation other than sex, romance, and marriage. They talk about nothing else......nothing that will be of any use to their SPIRIT and earthly personal development other than vain idle prattle, a perfect distraction from REAL LIFE and strife towards true liberation of the spirit. You talk about and ever wondered where the Devil/Darkness lurks? Search no more.......search YOURSELVES, for your WILL has ALWAYS been FREE!
Now listen:

People should actually seek and look around them to see how they can make themselves useful to their society by way of what they have to offer to e.g, nation and environmental building, the secret to the so called mysteries of life do not lie in idle prattle but in books! In life!! They should set high goals for themselves with a view for personal improvement and advancement. We talk about the elders giving way for "We the youths" to take over development of the nation when our values are skewed and ooze of wanton unproductive forms, bereft of noble ideas. Man must finally learn to seek, ask valuable questions, must learn to spiritualise every thought, word and deed!
This post is to induce reflection ONLY.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44, you will do well to take this to front page for the careful consideration of only those who are still willing at all to be true human beings. For it will be useful to some out there.
Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by Caustics: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2017
you have stated the problem. now what is the solution. if thisbis meant for the few human beings why do you want it on front page?
Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by ochobaba(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2017
This isn't a front page materials
Do I say you're insensitive or incapacitated to know that if you don't do any aforementioned it doesn't it doesn't change the fact you will still die someday
I won't be so stupid to at the same time undermined your opinion about it..
Note: we are in global world, we just have to deal with it
And please note that many of us have unrealistic expectations , we expect the world to be ideal, when we're in the world of appearance not the real world
Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by Maxvasia(m): 10:38am On Aug 16, 2017
Caustics:
you have stated the problem. now what is the solution. if this is meant for the few human beings why do you want it on front page?
This post is to induce reflection only. And not for Nairaland frontpage validation. Having said that, i would also say that People should actually seek and look around them to see how they can make themselves useful to their society by way of what they have to offer to e.g, nation and environmental building, the secret to the so called mysteries of life do not lie in idle prattle but in books! In life!! They should set high goals for themselves with a view for personal improvement and advancement. We talk about the elders giving way for "We the youths" to take over development of the nation when our values are skewed and ooze of wanton unproductive forms, bereft of noble ideas. Man must finally learn to seek, ask valuable questions, must learn to spiritualise every thought, word and deed!

Thanks for drawing my attention to the aspect i left out. Let me include it in.
Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by TANKDESTROYER(m): 10:49am On Aug 16, 2017
shallowness everywhere....
Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by Homeboiy: 10:51am On Aug 16, 2017
I dont even understand wat you wrote there
Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by Maxvasia(m): 10:57am On Aug 16, 2017
Homeboiy:
I dont even understand wat you wrote there
Then ignore it.
Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by AlexCk: 11:23am On Aug 16, 2017
But @Op,

Those are not the only thing(s) mentioned that people talk about, u may have noticed a 'significant few' that talk about it mostly on NL, or other social medias, but definitely not everyone.
U may(or not) have a point about what people gist about, but in all fairness, one can't speak for the whole generation.
Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by Maxvasia(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2017
AlexCk:
But @Op,

Those are not the only thing(s) mentioned that people talk about, u may have noticed a 'significant few' that talk about it mostly on NL, or other social medias, but definitely not everyone.
U may(or not) have a point about what people gist about, but in all fairness, one can't speak for the whole generation.
Agreed. But the fruit of the majority is representative. Just like any study and its conclusions. There are few different people here and there. Thats y the post is not meant for everyone. For instance, take a look at some of the comments, it shows some ppl are no longer capable of seeing things normally anymore and they are not even aware of it. This post calls out to d few who are still upright. U know if this post was about a sex scandal with pics on how a depraved celebrity crashed her marriage via illicit sex, u would automatically see 200 comments with it taken to FP. This is why the world is on a fast lane towards it ignominious end. So let d dead bury their dead. The message has been passed, my work is done. What they choose to do with it is their affair.
Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by AlexCk: 11:48am On Aug 16, 2017
Maxvasia:
Agreed. But the fruit of the majority is representative. Just like any study and its conclusions. There are few different people here and there. Thats y the post is not meant for everyone. For instance, take a look at some of the comments, it shows some ppl are no longer capable of seeing things normally anymore and they are not even aware of it. This post calls out to d few who are still upright. U know if this post was about a sex scandal with pics on how a depraved celebrity crashed her marriage via illicit sex, u would automatically see 200 comments with it taken to FP. This is why the world is on a fast lane towards it ignominious end. So let d dead bury their dead. The message has been passed, my work is done. What they choose to do with it is their affair.

Lol,
I get ur point,

The point about more comments tho, lol, humans love scandals, or anything explicit, it's in our nature.
Then the front page ish, lol, let's be honest, NL is someone's vault, he knows that news like that on FP will bring more traffic, more $$$, it's all business.
But occasionally, there are some decent threads on FP though.

Just don't read too much meaning to it .
Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by Maxvasia(m): 11:54am On Aug 16, 2017
AlexCk:

Lol,
I get ur point,

The point about more comments tho, lol, humans love scandals, or anything explicit, it's in our nature.
Then the front page ish, lol, let's be honest, NL is someone's vault, he knows that news like that on FP will bring more traffic, more $$$, it's all business.
But occasionally, there are some decent threads on FP though.

Just don't read too much meaning to it .
Lol....yeahh. But its not about me reading any meaning to anything. I just speak the truth for those who care to listen and leave out all the rest. The Truth remains independent of whatever it is that we think bro. So life forges ahead while we human beings busy ourselves with making excuses wink
Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by AlexCk: 11:59am On Aug 16, 2017
Maxvasia:
Lol....yeahh. But its not about me reading any meaning to anything. I just speak the truth for those who care to listen and leave out all the rest. The Truth remains independent of whatever it is that we think bro. So life forges ahead while we human beings busy ourselves with making excuses wink

Hehehehe,
That's life grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To This Generation? What do we really want? by Janeyinspires(f): 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
Well,this is one,out of the many answers to your question.
The human mind is hedonistic.And what is "Hedonism"?
It is a belief that pleasure is the most important thing in life.
Naturally,people tend to gravitate towards activities,stories that elicit pleasure to themThey are ready to spend ample time just to gratify it.A case in point is your citation of topics sexual in nature.
We all know there's more to life than engaging in pleasure seeking and gratifying ventures.If people will learn to control that part of them that seeks pleasure everytime and focus more on worthwhile ventures,then this generation will fall back into the right track.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Question For D ladies Only / Ladies Take Note! / Can You Still Recite The National Anthem From Memory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.