Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us (12765 Views)

Top 5 Interesting Places In Lagos To Celebrate Nigeria @ 59 / 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State / 5 Interesting Things About South Africa Most People Don’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by Opinionated: 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
It might be surprising to know just how much traveling can affect a person. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 interesting ways traveling affects us all.

Gives You a New Perspective on Life

Watching other cultures interact, seeing beyond your immediate environment and interacting with people of different perspectives and approaches to life has a way of giving you a new perspective on life. Traveling can help put things you previously took for granted in perspective and help you appreciate your roots more.

Helps Develop Emotional Stability

This might seem funny but traveling, in its own subtle way, actual helps increase emotional stability. You’ll typically experience a lot of changes and uncertainty while traveling, especially if you are a frequent traveler. As a result, you are likely to become less anxious to changes in your day-to-day life because you have, more or less, become used to it. Rather than dealing with changes with unease or anger, travelers are more likely to be open, flexible and willing to accept and deal with things that deviate from the norm.

You’re More Likely to Fall in Love

This is more likely if you’re traveling for leisure, mainly because you are removed from your reality, leaving behind most or all your worries and responsibilities to enjoy the new and exciting place you’re in. Besides, falling in love is much easier when you’re relaxed and enjoying yourself.

Your Diet Can Change Drastically

You are less likely to keep a rigorous eating habit while traveling because you either don’t have the time to source for the necessary ingredients or you’re too relaxed and happy to care. As a result, when you travel you’re more likely to indulge in groceries or local foods that have high-calorie or fat content, because those are the ones that are readily available and easier to get.

Traveling Can Affect Your Personality

Extended travel has a way of affecting the traveler’s personality and taking the person out of his/her comfort zone. Relating with new people that have different perspectives and watching or partaking in the culture of others, tends to make the traveler more flexible and open to new things.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-interesting-ways-traveling-affects-us/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

11 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by MhizzAJ(f): 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
I love travelling
It exposes u to a lot of things

21 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by jbkomo(m): 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
It affect ur pocket too. Especially with our exchange rate. So op adjust.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by maxiuc(m): 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hmmmmm where else I dey travel go sef

From abuja to owerri every 6months that's all

I love traveling sha

3 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by Brymo: 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
;Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by Horlazuncanmi(m): 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
just passing
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by Deem: 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
Travelling exposes you to new perspective about life

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by VickyRotex(f): 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
I love to Travel! cool cool Jumia Travel, come and sponsor me to explore Jupiter with NASA's Juno. angry
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by tpbehappy(m): 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
However you need to consider the financial implication. I ve seen people that travelled on hols and came back begging people who re using their money to build houses in Nigeria for money. These are people who will rather do things according to what they can afford and not struggling to travel all in the name of their friends traveling or trying to join the band wagon.
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
Welcome to Nigeria where your leave allowance (if ur company pays) is used to solve problems. How u wan take travel

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2017
As for me...

EXCESS VOMITING sad sad sad sad sad

I'm always with more than 3 polybags before the journey begins

Tom tom
Petrol

Etc.
No dey stop ahm

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by Chukazu: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
Would really love to travel to the North even na Sambisa forest I don't mind.

cry not just to stay one place, I need someone to take me round
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by chuks34(m): 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
I have not traveld a lot, but hope to see many parts of the country and the world at large.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by clems88(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2017
I travel twice every month cheesy its really fun

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by Quality20(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2017
pls tell all those Igbos and other narrow and super shallow minded zealots who stay in their water logged villages instigating all manners of hate and genocidal tendencies/crimes. They just remain in one place gulping gallons of alcohol n talking rubbish

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by MhizzAJ(f): 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
clems88:

weldone sir cheesy
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by clems88(m): 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
MhizzAJ:

weldone sir cheesy
thanking you kiss
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by ruffcoin09(m): 3:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
To onitsha and aba
clems88:
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by clems88(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
ruffcoin09:
To onitsha and aba
SMH I'm sorry for you.
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by expozey(f): 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
Nice piece. Travelling makes one more open-minded, sociable and knowledgeable

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by adekhingz(m): 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
I hate travels.
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by SageTravels: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2017
adekhingz:
I hate travels.

Why
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
Lol
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
All these apply to me except the falling in love part
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by WetinConsignMe: 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2017
You forget it takes away your money
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
MhizzAJ:
I love travelling
It exposes u to a lot of things

*coughs*
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by LEXYCOM: 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hmmmmm cool is that? Sambisa on my mind
Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by silentrock(m): 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
I used to think hausas are dirty beggars until I went to Kano. I was overwhelmingly dissapointed. since then I'll never judge a tribe with the actions of few individuals.
nysc have its advantage after all

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by IMASTEX: 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
Remains one of the best form of learning. I am yet to see what else I love more than traveling.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Ways Traveling Affects Us by olujastro: 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
I can totally relate. Just came back from my summer vacation to Southern Europe and I feel anew, refreshed and excited about life once again.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Airlines To Receive 40 Brand New Aircraft In 36 Months / Russia-Ukraine Tensions: Nigerians In Ukraine Urged To Register With Embassy / What Do You Love About Some Places And States In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.