Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) (29654 Views)

The All-new Mercedes-benz GLE Is Now In Nigeria (PHOTOS) / The All-New 2020 Mercedes-benz GLS SUV / The All New 2019 Honda Pilot Is Finally Here (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by motun2017(f): 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
not fine atall
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Efewestern: 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
Sanchez01:
Efewestern, Amarabae, shall we compare this car starting at N5.2M to the Innoson car of N6.6M for manual transmission and N7.3M for its automatic transmission?

I hope you guys see my point now.

Okay let's do some little calculation.

This car cost 5.5m excluding clearance duty and the rest, if you are importing this car to Nigeria you are expected to pay 35% of the actual money you use in buying it as tax to the government in addition, you will pay surcharge, VAT, shipping and terminal charges as well as other miscellaneous charges. and since this car is a new model I.e 2017 and 2018 cars you are expected to pay surface duty of 70%.

35% duty = 1.85m + 5.2m = 7.2m

70% duty = 3.64m + 5.2 = 8.9m

Add other expenses to it then when should be having I.e 8m for 35% surface duty or 10m for 70%

now innoson motor cost 7m, which is cheaper? grin. grin

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
And innosun want to sell fox for us 7million....... ok continue
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by free2ryhme: 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
ItsJezzy:
Abeg abeg make dem no bring am cm naija o.. I hate d looks

Wetin dis one dey talk sef

U don buy motor before wey u dey tell others not to bring am enter naija as if your opinion counts when the car was been manufactured.

Una don do any for naija before

Nonsense talk
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by rildwanullahi(m): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
This vehicle is scary, Mitsubishi just can't design vehicles their hilux is terrible
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Cuteamigo1(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
why the small tyres
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Sanchez01: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Efewestern:

Okay let's do some little calculation.

This car cost 5.5m excluding clearance duty and the rest, if you are importing this car to Nigeria you are expected to pay 35% of the actual money you use in buying it as tax to the government in addition, you will pay surcharge, VAT, shipping and terminal charges as well as other miscellaneous charges. and since this car is a new model I.e 2017 and 2018 cars you are expected to pay surface duty of 70%.

35% duty = 1.85m + 5.2m = 7.2m

70% duty = 3.64m + 5.2 = 8.9m

Add other expenses to it then when should be having I.e 8m for 35% surface duty or 10m for 70%

now innoson motor cost 7m, which is cheaper? grin. grin

Funny. My point isn't in having this vehicle in Nigeria in the first place but looking, or better still, comparing prices.

If Innoson would clearly calculate the total cost of having a vehicle imported to Nigeria before pegging prices on their vehicles then I guess we are in for it.

Besides, I believe you would agree with me that the specs of the two cars are definitely not the same. It just goes on to prove that our local manufacturers are not ready.

Low end, build relationships and trust with your consumers coupled with quality assurance, if not deep enough, before thinking of competing properly. The rise of Tecno comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Itgloaded(m): 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
Cool �
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
hAlexandro:
undecidedb what's beautiful about it?
Please, park well. Lemme see beautiful thing undecided
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by iamtardey: 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
undecided one of those age of transformers moto abi
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Badonasty(m): 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
autojosh:
Mitsubishi revealed their all-new Mitsubishi Xpander at the Indonesia International Auto Show in Jakarta, Indonesia.

The exterior has prominent lines as well as a pair of sporty looking L-shaped LED taillights.

The seven-seater cabin is spacious. It has a three-spoke steering wheel, metallic accents, and an impressive number of storage compartments including 16 cup holders. In the tech aspect the Mitsubishi Xpander is equipped with digital multi-information display in the instrument cluster and an infotainment system with Bluetooth and Internet connectivity.

The sleek SUV is powered by a 1.5-liter petrol engine that produces a low 103hp. You have the liberty to choose either the five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic gearbox, regardless of your choice, all Mitsubishi Xpanders will be equipped with front-wheel drive.

Pricing starts from N5.2m ($14,152) excluding shipping and clearing, it’s presently only sold at Indonesia, but will be in other markets early 2018.

See more photos below and tell us what you think about the Mitsubishi Xpander;

https://autojosh.com/mitsubishi-xpander-suv-first-launch-indonesia-photos/

Compare it to the one wey innoson wan sell 7.3m
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by bjt(m): 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
kuuljay:
Reminds me of voltrons head

grin
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Efewestern: 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Funny. My point isn't in having this vehicle in Nigeria in the first place but looking, or better still, comparing prices.

If Innoson would clearly calculate the total cost of having a vehicle imported to Nigeria before pegging prices on their vehicles then I guess we are in for it.

Besides, I believe you would agree with me that the specs of the two cars are definitely not the same. It just goes on to prove that our local manufacturers are not ready.

Low end, build relationships and trust with your consumers coupled with quality assurance, if not deep enough, before thinking of competing properly. The rise of Tecno comes to mind.

lol, the guy is a business man, innoson is producing nothing in nwewi apart from soldering iron together, he imports the engine, the wheels, now couple with the cost of $ you don't expect him to sell at loss , this is just my argument here.

The company producing this car produces about A hundred thousand yearly why innoson only produces A thousand, since they are producing in bulk they tend to be cheaper compare to innoson that produces few cars.

Have you see where these cars are been produced?, everything is automated, Within some hours the car is ready, but in innoson they get to hire welder, electricians, engineers e. t. c. grin

I hope you get.
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Beemhan(m): 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
succyblinks:
The front resemble MARK trailer head
True talk but for the record, it's 'MACK'
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Itulah(m): 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
Harbeyg09:
It looks more like a rugged car made for Naija roads

Displacement 1.5L engine, with 103horse power and a front wheel drive rugged and made for naija road?
That got me laughing in Swahili. grin grin

Abeg tell me something else...
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by bigass123(m): 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
The designer no get joy at all... See car face like angry pitbull face.
Nice interior BTW.
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by vertueptime: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
Harbeyg09:
It looks more like a rugged car made for Naija roads

Hmm the parts go cost like tomorrow no de
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by GeneralOjukwu: 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
Sanchez01:
Efewestern, Amarabae, shall we compare this car starting at N5.2M to the Innoson car of N6.6M for manual transmission and N7.3M for its automatic transmission?

I am not an IpOB fan ..my post history reflects that..

But, this car as its slated at 5.2M would like be almost 10.4M if not more when it enters Nigeria with all the import duties et al.

That's my thinking. ..don't know if I am right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Kobicove(m): 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nothing spectacular...just a glorified mini-van undecided
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
Horrible design

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by CarReg(m): 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
It looks cool though, but i have never enjoy the driving experience of Mitsh. products.....
Should anyone of you guys be buying, remember CarReg is here to help you register it

New Vehicle Reg | Change of ownership | Papers Renewal @CarRegNG

Patronizing a corporate organization for vehicle papers renewal guarantees original vehicle documentations.

Value Propositions:
| Payment on delivery | Delivery within 6 hours (Renewal) | Door step delivery Nationwide | 24 hours delivery (New Registration)| 5 days delivery (Change of ownership)|

https://carreg.com.ng/product-list.php?pg1-cid48.html | 09090144706

Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by babatee1985(m): 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
I still love my Acura ZDX than this trash.
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Zeze06(m): 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
As ugly as a pit bull... cry
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Lastborn0074: 3:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
autojosh:
Mitsubishi revealed their all-new Mitsubishi Xpander at the Indonesia International Auto Show in Jakarta, Indonesia.

The exterior has prominent lines as well as a pair of sporty looking L-shaped LED taillights.

The seven-seater cabin is spacious. It has a three-spoke steering wheel, metallic accents, and an impressive number of storage compartments including 16 cup holders. In the tech aspect the Mitsubishi Xpander is equipped with digital multi-information display in the instrument cluster and an infotainment system with Bluetooth and Internet connectivity.

The sleek SUV is powered by a 1.5-liter petrol engine that produces a low 103hp. You have the liberty to choose either the five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic gearbox, regardless of your choice, all Mitsubishi Xpanders will be equipped with front-wheel drive.

Pricing starts from N5.2m ($14,152) excluding shipping and clearing, it’s presently only sold at Indonesia, but will be in other markets early 2018.

The front resembles a bull dog. Looks great though
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Orpe7(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
E be like say design don dey finish for dem head. Besides e wan take small resemble lexus 570 front
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
This bastards copied d design of the rear of Toyota Yaris...............damn
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by sonnie10: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Bros, when you begin to compare things across boarders, most times they don't make sense.

Do you know that average cost of a three bedroom bungalow in the most remote part of US is about $200K. This equivalent to #70M. Yet Nigerians in US are buying those houses, happily.

How do you compare prices when it's not feasible to own the car in Nigeria at the stated price. What you left out is fact that Innoson would have to pay import duty on parts unlike Mitsubishi that most parts are manufactured within Japan
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Airoflaw(m): 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
looks like d head of dis robot

Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by buchilino(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
D DESIGN, I DON'T NO...,
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by Coolgent(m): 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Uncomparable! Expanda is far more better than that can of sardine.
Innoson should focus more on an affordable car within range of 1.5/2millions
Re: Do You Like The All New Mitsubishi Xpander? (photos) by zoedew: 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
autojosh:

Wetin be this?! Ugly look contraption of an SUV!! This one go tumble for Nigerian pot hole riddled roads.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.