Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,034 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much (1085 Views)

Benue Man Who Snapped Pictures In Coffin Dies 24 Hours After (Photos) / Girl Undergoes Surgery To Correct Her K-leg. Before & After Photos / Lady Shares Before & After Photos Of Her Classmate Who Went 'mentally Deranged' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
This mom of two is on a mission to warn people about the realities of skin cancer with a shocking photo diary documenting her battle with melanoma.

http://www.boredpanda.com/skin-cancer-melanoma-photo-diary-bethany-greenway/

This mom of two is on a mission to warn people about the realities of skin cancer

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
Her shocking photo diary documents her battle with melanoma

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
Bethany Gambardella-Greenway discovered a dark spot on her skin while pregnant with her youngest child

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
undecided
Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
She ignored it in the belief that it was something to do with hormonal changes

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
When she finally got it checked out, the dermatologist reassured her that it was just a liver spot

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
18 months later however, a painful mole appeared

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
A biopsy revealed that it was in fact an aggressive form of skin cancer called desmoplastic melanoma

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
Doctors removed the mole, but after learning that the cancer had spread, she started immunotherapy

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
“The radiation was absolutely the worst part. It was hell plain and simple,” she said

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
“My skin was covered in sores, I lost my ability to taste food, my voice was hoarse”

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
“At about week three my hair began to fall out on the treated area”

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
“It fried the inside of my mouth. My throat was so sore”

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
“By the time I was done with treatment I had lost about forty pounds”

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
Bethany has finished her treatment and is now in the all-clear

1 Like

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
“Please stop sun bathing and going to tanning salons,” she says

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by 1Sharon(f): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
Why post the issues that melanin-deficient women face? What does this have to do with Africans
Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
StephDamielola:
undecided

♤ Damilolã

♤ Aguntasolo cheesy
Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kudos to the medics that made this disappear

1 Like

Re: Mom’s Before & After Photos Should Scare You From Tanning Too Much by RoyalBlak007: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Woman Of 35 Years And Above? I Have Something For You / Is This Normal In Fitness Training? / Frequent Reoccurring Viginal Inchting Pleases I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.