Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) (61663 Views)

Inside Vietnamese Cat Market Where Cats Are Butchered For ₦25,000 Delicacy(Pics) / Man Eats A Plate Of Eba And Cat Head, Shows It Off (Photos) / Chinese Guy Eats Hungrily On Abuja Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by 2bam: 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Are u sure if she is really eating that food maybe she just want to cause traffic.
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by Martin0(m): 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
gypsey:
No different between eating snakes, which some nigerians do.

Eh eh,how do you know nigerian's eat snakes?grin
Have you witnessed anygrin

Coz if you have u will have interest to eat snakes toogrin
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by iyamchee(m): 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
Has any of you ever stopped to think.... The picture is just to gain attention.... Take a good look at the soup.... I cook so I know that is just a mere mixture of Maggi salt and pepper.... plus probably a few ingredients.... also she was never pictured eating the food.....
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by Tecno66: 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
Caustics:
sad Rat meat is good for women with fertility issues and also as a charm to attract husband.
Without operating the rats to remove the internal organs? I wont eat this for a billion naira. They even look like house rats. This is simply appauling.
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by kobijacobs(m): 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
this is super disgusting
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by haryorbarmie83(m): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Photo shop! I don't believe the shit...
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by rayobaba(m): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Staged
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 10:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
nothing go make me chop dis food.
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by luckysmills: 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
eeeeeeeewww. my intestine wan troway. kiss kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by caye(m): 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
doctimonyeka:
Blood of Moses!!!!!!

Ayanma!!!

Just when you think you have seen it all..

First and foremost, it is clear that this article is fake news; a click-bait. Why?

The lady didn't remove the heads, no pix of her putting the rodents in her mouth, and check out the stew...is that stew?
And why is the plate like one used to make sacrifices to the deities?

Sorry, FAKE NEWS.
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by iukpe: 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
All I see is a lady who has successfully created a trending / viral post.
1. That's not how you make food, with rats boiled whole with the hairs on the skin. If it was to be a real rat soup, she would have roasted the rats at least the hairs would be off.
2. The belly would have been cut open and the meat cleaned or at least cut into bite size pieces.
3. The meal would not be eaten from a rough pan like that with disgusting looking swallow on the side as if thrown into the pan from the bin.
4. The soup would look like soup, not just colored rat liquid with whole peppers drooped in. Where's the onions, oil and other things that would gave added to make it a meal.

Therefore this is but a picture well created just to draw amazement and comments.
QED

1 Like

Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by DonBobes(m): 12:27am On Aug 18, 2017
lilmarley:
lipsrsealed
Abeg no vex shift small go up make i ......................

Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by DonBobes(m): 12:28am On Aug 18, 2017
Let me come n go n faint.
Abeg make nobody stop me o

Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by Jayslyder: 12:46am On Aug 18, 2017
who's to say she's not eating d witches in her village... but then again e get where rat go frustrate u reach u sef dey consider am as meat for soup.... but her soup no b here
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by mikron(m): 1:35am On Aug 18, 2017
have u guys asked urselves if the lady in question is a TIV from benue state? for goodness sake that is their best delicacy in terms of meat, rat meat is their own version of beaf or should i say bush meat, dem like that rodent die. before we condemn lets put 2 and 2 together.
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 18, 2017
Just another cooked up webpage traffic generating story. Recession times call for desperate measures.
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by Eportal123: 4:40am On Aug 18, 2017
Rats have the causative organism if lassa fever which does nothing to rats nut harmful to humans.

She should be monitored before she starts showing symptoms of viral hemorrhagic fever.
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by tobsvent: 6:20am On Aug 18, 2017
Reveal Delicacy Specie!
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by lonji: 7:13am On Aug 18, 2017
Y dem no show us how she dey put am for mouth. Iffa hear sey she chop am. Na to popular she dey find
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by Biggers82(m): 7:40am On Aug 18, 2017
And She Is A Yoruba Lady That was why I will not marry a Yoruba Lady at all
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by mechanics(m): 7:57am On Aug 18, 2017
hmmmm, she should beware of Lassa fever.
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 18, 2017
gypsey:
so it would have been better if she had roasted it? you sound like you have done this before grin
looooooollll at least to make it look presentable
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by zinny377(f): 8:41am On Aug 18, 2017
Yuck! Who sent me to open this thread shocked shocked shocked so disgusting!
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by rossychik(f): 9:20am On Aug 18, 2017
GROSS
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by Trishiana(f): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2017
Gross....
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by Jackienitee(f): 9:58am On Aug 18, 2017
This is horrible! Gosh!!![font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
That lady is really something else..she really has mind o... Goodness gracious! shocked shocked
Re: Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 19, 2017
OneHead:
Photos of this unnamed lady eating a special Rat soup delicacy has since gone viral the photos which have been shared thousands of times of facebook clearly depicts a lady seriously eating swallow with 3 small rats.

Rat Soup It is unclear where the lady is from but many facebookers are claiming that she is from Nigeria and that recession pushed her into discovering her Rat eating talent

Rat Soup

Does This Child Belong To Fr Emma Obimma (Ebube Muonso)?

But i think eating rats is to be avoided simply because they eat human garbage. They are likely to have consumed pesticides, heavy metals, human excrement and all sorts of other garbage that you really don’t want to be eating.

Rats also carry a variety of parasites, but they aren’t especially worse in that regard than most other wild animals including many that are routinely eaten. The worst of the rat parasites is probably bubonic plague, and since fleas abandon their hosts once the body temperature starts to fall, you are increasing you exposure to that by eating rat. However is the parasite in found in the local rat population you have probably been exposed anyway.

But if you could secure a supply of rats that hadn’t been eating human garbage, there’s no reason not to eat them. They are a perfectly good source of protein. I’ve eaten bush rat, not the same species as town rats, and it’s very nice meat, somewhat like rabbit or a heavily flavoured pork. I would guess that town rats would have a very similar flavour.

IOW, there’s nothing inherently wrong with rats as a food. The problem is what the rats have been eating

more pictures..
http://www.naaija.com/2017/08/girl-enjoys-rat-soup-delicacy-see-soup/

Fake stunt! She for pose with them inside mouth for more fame. Nonsense!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) / Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date / You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.