Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,521 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:04 PM

UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. (5674 Views)

Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe / Buhari's Victory A Referendum On Honesty And Integrity - New York Times / 2019: Atiku Is A Facebook Politician, Buhari Will Defeat Him - Babachir Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by drewxx88(m): 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
attackgat:

There is no single agitation out there for any Niger Delta Relublic so that one is dead in the water.

Let me just assume that Biafra is about Igbos and Igbo speaking people. The Igbos stretches into Benue, the Benue Igbos or Umueze Okoha people, the Ika-Igbo people sometimes called Anioma or Delta Igbos in Delta state and the Rivers Igbos such as Asa, Ndoki and Ikwerre as well as the Ika-Igbos of Edo state or Igbanke.

If all these Igbo elements are gathared together as Biafra then Biafra is not landlocked

Even if Biafra was just the so called 5 Igbo states, it would be landlocked but still have access to the Sea because Onitsha in Anambra, Oguta in Imo state and Obuaku in Abia all have Rivers that run directly into the Athlantic Ocean. There is already a River port in Onitsha. So the issue is not being landlocked but having access to the Sea.

First of all those tribes you called are in other states and believe me they state will refuse to be split to favour the Igbo's mark this anywhere as for the access to the sea study your Mao's well and you will notice yes those rivers run and empty into the Atlantic ocean but and there is a big but it enters another mans territory so that river is no longer yours. if they place a Naval vessel and say nothing g goes through their land tell me how do you plan to resolve this .This brings me to my final point rather than hate speeches chest beating try to convince the so-called minority tribes which I fall under to see and reason with your cause for only one reason in this scenario the minority tribes hold the power and rantings from now till tomorrow won't change this...
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by victor8269: 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
Billyonaire:
Biafra will not come via referendum. Because Referendum is a democratic tool for civilized people. We are aware that we are majorly illiterates in this country and our politics is tribal communism decorated with Dictatorship, but masquerading as democracy.

The bitter truth is that Biafra can only come by War. A little massacre here and there and the world steps in and supports those with Oil, and help them secede.

Unfortunately, this is the fastest way to achieve Biafra. Blood has always been a barter for power and freedom.

Since we can not afford common-sense, it is natural that we must accept our fate.

RIP to those who will die, in advance.
EFCC over to you. Number one hate speecher spotted. Wait ohhh, who would arrest d speechers or Speechers?. Police, EFCC, ICPC, NSCDC, Peace corps or DDS?. When I get d people, I would continue this mention. U go see urself
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
victor8269:

EFCC over to you. Number one hate speecher spotted. Wait ohhh, who would arrest d speechers or Speechers?. Police, EFCC, ICPC, NSCDC, Peace corps or DDS?. When I get d people, I would continue this mention. U go see urself

I am the law.
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by fireprince14(m): 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
victorvezx:

It's like U are the only person getting it here. U really understand this thing. The world will not step in until there is some kind of large scale massacre and fight for ownership of resources. That's is why the only two countries to secede in Africa did not secede without war. South Sudan and Eritrea fought for more than 20 years before being granted referendum, Kanu thinks he will just be in his house relaxing and the Nigerian government will just do it for him like that

Kanu is doing the right thing. He is absolutely brilliant in his methodologies. He is reading the right books I suppose. I can give him a template on how to get that Biafra real quicker. He may not like it.

Those close to Kanu should ask him to make sure the Biafra Security Forces, should take over patrols of their cities and watch the nights with batons, and stop crimes going on in the SE. They need patrol vans. They need batons. They need great Uniforms. They need to raise the consciousness of the people.

Next step, Social Service and Construction workers should start filling pot holes, constructing gutters and gullies and winning more hearts of the people and taking over local politics gradually.

Then Politicians will become shadows and will be hunted by fear of the common-man. This is a strategy that even the Gods will love.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by Daeylar(f): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2017
Billyonaire:

Biafra will not come via referendum. Because Referendum is a democratic tool for civilized people. We are aware that we are majorly illiterates in this country and our politics is tribal communism decorated with Dictatorship, but masquerading as democracy.

True

The bitter truth is that Biafra can only come by War. A little massacre here and there

you say it like its recipe, a little salt here and there, a little massacre here and there, damn

and the world steps in and supports those with Oil, and help them secede.

Unfortunately, this is the fastest way to achieve Biafra. Blood has always been a barter for power and freedom.

Since we can not afford common-sense, it is natural that we must accept our fate.

This is really scary

1 Like

Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
Daeylar:

True

you say it like its recipe, a little salt here and there, a little massacre here and there, damn

This is really scary

Unless our politicians do something about it, it is a matter of time before the Hedge fund overlords take over the opportunity of war and make sells of arms and ammunitions their enterprise. We are approaching the point of no return.

Osinbanjo has no balls.
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by captleonerd(m): 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
attackgat:

We are not moving it in the senate or parliament because Nigeria was not created in any parliament or senate.
don't move it. The only other option is war since the president can't declare a referendum without the senate. War will not happen so no exit for u. QED

We settle for federalism
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
Daeylar:

True

This is really scary

you ehnn undecided
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by Newmanluckyman(m): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
...but referendum clause wasn't in our constitution when the then Midwest was carved out of the western region using the same referendum.

No matter how we try to shift goal post, window-dress and sponsor all kinds of lies the govt should immediately ensure that marginalization of all kinds be it quota system, revenue Formula, uneven distribution of the country's wealth, poor infrastructure etc are keenly put to an end. The signs of a failing and a collapsing state are written all over Nigeria.
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by PenSniper: 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
Cyynthia:
I wish they could give Igbos referendum and we Yorubas too. I guess Fed govt is afraid, because they know what the outcome would be. But whether they conduct referendum or not, we won't stop agitating because freedom is all we seek and freedom we must get.

We must continue until they succumb.

Oduduwa must come.

The Yoruba need no referendum to leave so we are not asking for it. That's more like begging. The general consensus of mainstream yoruba is Oduduwa Republic.
The declaration by YOLICOM was not a ruse or just flying the kite. There was a comprehensive discussions between all self-determination groups in yorubaland and between them and elders in villages and towns.
This calls for the upcoming Yoruba Summit which encompasses all sectors of yoruba at home and in the diaspora.
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by sapientia(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
Billyonaire:

The bitter truth is that Biafra can only come by War. A little massacre here and there and the world steps in and supports those with Oil, and help them secede.

I can confidently tell you that Biafra can be gotten without war and blood shedding.

Only if Kanu can listen.
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by blackfase(m): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
Cyynthia:
I wish they could give Igbos referendum and we Yorubas too. I guess Fed govt is afraid, because they know what the outcome would be. But whether they conduct referendum or not, we won't stop agitating because freedom is all we seek and freedom we must get.

Oduduwa must come.

I think saying the gambaris are scared would be more apt. They are the FG... Parasites!
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by Sagay212: 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2017
Cyynthia:

Oduduwa must come.

Stop being the usual ipod coward pig that you guys always are. You don't need to be creating multiple accounts pretending to be yoruba just to cry for your biafrau.d. Be bold, go out there and join the ogbunigwe secret service.
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by Sagay212: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
Billyonaire:

You see how evil ipods can be. This pigs knows he will not be affected but is urging the village knuckle heads to go waste their lives for an imaginary biafrau.d. Ekwensu.
Re: UK: Instead Of Arresting Kanu, Defeat Him Through A Referendum. by Litmus: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
The prior Labour government promised the British electorate a referendum on Europe but offered none when elected into office in 1997. Indeed, not ones in their entire 3 terms in power did the Labour government grant referendum or even continence it. Throughout this time, there was in the air, among the chartering classes, an unspoken thought that not keeping this promise was somewhat prudent and, among Labour leadership, a naughty school-boyish aura of cheek at having gotten away with it.

The Conservatives made similar promises of granting a Referendum (presumably one they had no intention of honouring) if voted into office in the 2010 election.

Side note: Promising referendums was at the time, one of the popular electorate carrots; however, one reorganised as undesirable even by the politicians that offer them, and by the Intelligentsia, as darn right dangerous even contradictory to the idea of governance.

One could argue therefore that, it was desperation at a time when the Conservatives had been in power long enough to gather moss, that David (pudding mouth) Cameron decided that relenting to a Referendum was a good idea. Forget the fact that,having been deceived once by the elected government of 1997, the British public wasn't going to fall for it a second time and being vocal at every opportunity about their promised referendum was a a good way of informing the current government. In any case, Referendum there was in Britain and not only on Europe but on the Union itself in the year 2016, 23rd of June and 20th February respectively.

It is doubtful, considering the repercussions now, if given a second opportunity, that the Conservative party would offer the British electorate a Referendum. Imagine then, after a thousand years of democracy - Magna Carta up to now - the parliamentary system frowns on the idea of Referendums. Hell, Western democracies wrestle with the very efficacy of the thing. Yet, the British, those damnable British, are encouraging a juvenile, wet-nosed, whelp of a Nation like Nigeria to implement a referendum.

Sad if not tragic...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out Who Buhari Is Gonna Pick As His Next Vp / PMB Flagged-off Validation Exercise Of Africa Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) / NERC: FG Spent ₦‎171.3 Billion On Electricity Subsidy In Six Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.