Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511293 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
Use your Nigerian address. If you live in a place that is not traceable, you may want to consider using your office address if you're sure you'll definitely get it.

Petrelli112:
Please house, what should I fill as the billing address on the WES application payment page, sorry if the question may offend anyone, just don't want to make any mistake, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
Sorry I have to post this again

Hi,

My Sis, who is based in UK and is a Medical Consultant, wishes to relocate to Canada. Do any one have an idea of the process or the thread i can go to. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
If you have someone in Canada that can help you receive it and scan to you, that could be faster than waiting for standard delivery to Nigeria... Otherwise, you can go ahead with your plan.

lovetree:
cc smslive2

Thank you so much for your response. Changed to standard shipping....233CAD.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2017
Petrelli112:
Please house, what should I fill as the billing address on the WES application payment page, sorry if the question may offend anyone, just don't want to make any mistake, thanks.
Address u used when u created the bank account.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
I think Billing address is the address for the Card you will use in paying.

Its a thought.

yimiton:
Use your Nigerian address. If you live in a place that is not traceable, you may want to consider using your office address if you're sure you'll definitely get it.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Patterns18: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
Good evening , Please what's sufficient document for "legal change of name doc" , will just marriage certificate and newspaper publication do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2017
yimiton:

OH.. Not what she was asking of.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2017
Kontagious:
Modified
Slowlybtsurely, I saw my Bigbroda - Bigfido giving a Kissoflife to a damsel Toyogirl well known as Hephgirl, her eyes beaming like a GlitteringStar. Definitely both were Crazyinlove displaying their affection under a Lovetree. Unknown to them, there was a Canadianfly about giving a Kontagious sting.

Because Godisawesome, they were able to meet Drhopeful who like a Ballerz gave a Billy treatment.

All these happened while we all wait to receive a Judgment that has seen a Blackbuddy and a Merrymum (40manlappy and Mummyjaygirls) spending Winter with JustinTrudeau.

At the end, we all will testify to having an AwesomeGod.

Creative and humorous smiley

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ddu: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
Patterns18:
Good evening , Please what's sufficient document for "legal change of name doc" , will just marriage certificate and newspaper publication do?
Yes ke
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2017
folamingo:
Yes, for instance, ignoring a full stop, or downplaying minor errors in speaking, e.g stopped talking when not told to do so, the examples could be endless. If a marker was strict or extremely detailed and they decided to be less strict during remark, what will you call that? So unmerited might be a harsh word...it can be "let my people go"......at least you deserve that for your wasted time, effort and monies paid. After all they know your reason for a remark.

I strongly disagree with you on this. If u check on previous EE thread, Vcole was given LRSW 7,7,7,6.5 when she checked online. She was really surprised because it's way below her expectation. When she went to collect her TRF from BC, she was told her result was randomly picked for QA/QC purposes but she later received it few weeks after the reassessment. Shockingly, her TRF showed new scores LRSW 8.5,8.5,9,7.5. Pls note she didn't ask for remark so the issue of empathy here is baseless.
In fact, it's because of crap like these that gave rise to random QC/QA checks. How do u explain the huge band differences even in Reading and Listening? Mistake? I guess not.
BC guys, just as elfman pointed out, capitalize on the long remark duration to rob people.
Giving scores based on 'let my people go' only applies to our universities here, oyibo people no send you; they have reputation to protect.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dammie2017: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
Hello... pls what's the best exchange rate to use when submitting pof.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2017
Algbenguze:

I strongly disagree with you on this. If u check on previous EE thread, Vcole was given LRSW 7,7,7,6.5 when she checked online. She was really surprised because it's way below her expectation. When she went to collect her TRF from BC, she was told her result was randomly picked for QA/QC purposes but she later received it few weeks after the reassessment. Shockingly, her TRF showed new scores LRSW 8.5,8.5,9,7.5. Pls note she didn't ask for remark so the issue of empathy here is baseless.
In fact, it's because of crap like these that gave rise to random QC/QA checks. How do u explain the huge band differences even in Reading and Listening? Mistake? I guess not.
BC guys, just as elfman pointed out, capitalize on the long remark duration to rob people.
Giving scores based on 'let my people go' only applies to our universities here, oyibo people no send you; they have reputation to protect.
I follow you to hell.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2017
elfmann:
I follow you to hell.
LMAO, Bro, na heaven we go go, no worry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by A14: 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
Patterns18:
I used just affidavit, of course marriage certificate was uploaded where needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Cannie(m): 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
Algbenguze.
You are very on point on this.

The whole concept about remark was alien to me before now not until my wife had a 6.5 in reading and she was so sure she did better. She always scored 38-40 all through the practice test

But you know what! In all my research everyone keep saying getting upgrades in reading and listening is almost impossible.

Reason being the "almighty objectivity" of the answer keys. I kinda understand but...
Who says mistake can't be made?

Human and computers make mistakes alike
We have even made it easy for BC to tow that line by the remarking statistics on those sections

PLEASE let's stop discouraging ourselves especially when you are not sure of the individual performance and abilities

It's even worse when you are not allowed to verify the remark process

68000 is not beans o. Moving to Canada will make us have a rethink of 68000 equivalent in canadian dollar

15000 will not hurt if you are tripple sure, that is the you can afford it.
You think BC don't know what they are doing by the long timing of the remark process?

Something is definitely wrong, and if we don't fight this stereotyped mindset, lots of upcoming people will pay for this.

But Again, we all don't have a choice, we can't wait for 6-8weeks. We want to run away from this NIGERIA, including me

Walahi this BC guys are in business for long #conspiracy
Happy ielting!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by A14: 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2017
koonlay5:
Sorry I have to post this again

Hi,

My Sis, who is based in UK and is a Medical Consultant, wishes to relocate to Canada. Do any one have an idea of the process or the thread i can go to. Thanks
Everything you need is detailed on page 0 of this thread. It's a pretty easy and straight forward process. Read through it, if you have any questions we'll be here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2017
Hi, Yes, if you are the principal applicant. You have to tick "yes" if any family member in your application has been refused visa and give explanation(s) in the box below as provided.

mstunz:
Good day everyone, happy Sunday. Please I need your urgent response concerning this schedule A form.

Do I have to fill in the details of all my family members that have been refused visa in the past.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by caon: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
linuslynx:
I thought I was the only worried about that listening of yesterday I've been really worried myself since yesterday bt God dey he would see us through.

[color=#006600][/color]All mentions and good wishes from you all are appreciated. You guys are really really wonderful. I'm touched.
Billy, Threadstone, Elfmann, Philip3, Cochtrane, Hephgirl. Thank you all. Hephgirl, you know I can't skip your name here before you vex for me wink

On another note, I fear I have dashed BC 68K - my listening might not meet the required band cry. I can relate with Abol4luv, that listening get as e be and be giving me fever since yesterday.
abeg was d listening dat hard?i am scheduled for sept 30 n am already getin scared
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by helio(f): 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2017
Good evening house;
Please i have some questions to ask concerning the express entry process
1.For reference letter from my office -is it possible to use my previous employer where i worked for 3 and half years as i have less than 2 years experience where i currently work.
2.My wedding is slated for first week of november after which i intend to enter the pool;is there any need to do a change of name and a new intl passport as i did my IELTS and IQAS with my former name.
3.Can my husband transfer the proof of funds to my account as a lump sum as he intends funds from the sale of a property;in this case will there be need of a letter of explanation .
4.I am aware that my previous travel history will be required and i have visited dubai in 2016 ,dubai visa is a paper and passports are stamped on entry;what will be used as the visa page in this case.
5.Is it compulsory for my husband to write IELTs as i will be the primary applicant ;he doesnt really have time to study for the exam now due to work related travel and his previous result wasnt good enuf.
6.I was rejected US visa previously ,i used an agent then who filled in my application as a married instead of single;will this have any effect on my express entey application with CIC .

i know my questions are much but please house kindly assist so i can know the best way to start my application .

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2017
Please help a sister, I need materials for ielts reading, like a couple of them. Most of all this sites have just one or two and the Cambridge isn't downloading on my phone don't no why . Please I'm writing on the 30th .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 9:39pm On Sep 11, 2017
helio:
Good evening house;
Please i have some questions to ask concerning the express entry process
1.For reference letter from my office -is it possible to use my previous employer where i worked for 3 and half years as i have less than 2 years experience where i currently work. Yes. you can choose to claim points for that particular employment. the rest shld go to personal history section of d post ITA form
2.My wedding is slated for first week of november after which i intend to enter the pool;is there any need to do a change of name and a new intl passport as i did my IELTS and IQAS with my former name. It is totally your choice. You may or may not change your name. You could enter the pool wit your current passport and commence your request for change. even if u get an ITA, u can always raise a cse to upload d new passport.

3.Can my husband transfer the proof of funds to my account as a lump sum as he intends funds from the sale of a property;in this case will there be need of a letter of explanation . Yes he can do u a lump sum. You could then attach a LOE frm him and also mention his transfer in your own LOE.

4.I am aware that my previous travel history will be required and i have visited dubai in 2016 ,dubai visa is a paper and passports are stamped on entry;what will be used as the visa page in this case...if you have a scan/photo copy of d paper visa, u could include it....if not, then just upload d stamp and mention d paper visa in your LOE

5.Is it compulsory for my husband to write IELTs as i will be the primary applicant ;he doesnt really have time to study for the exam now due to work related travel and his previous result wasnt good enuf. If your CRS with or without his previous ielts is in the current ITA range,then it shouldnt be a problem if he doesnt write.

6.I was rejected US visa previously ,i used an agent then who filled in my application as a married instead of single;will this have any effect on my express entey application with CIC . let us hope u will be married by the tym u are filling your ITA form...so that your marital status will be in tandem

i know my questions are much but please house kindly assist so i can know the best way to start my application .

Thanks

Hi....see my thots in green.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2017
nnekdre:
Please help a sister, I need materials for ielts reading, like a couple of them. Most of all this sites have just one or two and the Cambridge isn't downloading on my phone don't no why . Please I'm writing on the 30th .

I thought you just wrote on the previous page that you can't find Sept 30th date in Benin?

Go to mini-IELTS.com. Too many practice tests there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2017
nnekdre:

Try this also http://www.mediafire.com/file/6wifaxe6hm2a95y/ l got it from a thread here on nairaland you can also search through the thread for more materials it will help you in your preparation https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here/67#56490439

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by helio(f): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Hi....see my thots in green.
thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2017
caon:
abeg was d listening dat hard?i am scheduled for sept 30 n am already getin scared

You don't need to be scared. You need to have a positive attitude towards your exam to increase your chances of performing well.

Below are some tips to help you with the listening section (That is my own strong point grin wink)

*Read and follow the instructions---Use word where word is needed and number where number is needed. For example, a question that says "not more than TWO WORDS"….Writing 18 dollars or $18 as answer is wrong. The correct answer should be EIGHTEEN DOLLARS.

*To be on the safe side write all your answers in capital letters.

*Cross-check all your answers. For example, make sure the answer for question 7 goes for question 7.

*For map completion/diagram/flowchart, answers do come in order.

*For multiple choice questions, most times the correct answers would be paraphrased. You may likely hear all the options also.

*Underline key words and listen for them.

*Predict the answers i.e ask yourself will the answer be a name, date, number e.t.c

*Write the exact word you hear and correct spelling.

*Learn alphabets, numbers, names of streets, places etc. Practice this on ieltsliz.com.

*If cost is mentioned and the currency sign is not given in the question, don’t forget to put the sign. However, if the sign or symbol for currency has been given, you don’t need to use sign again.

*Above all practice and remember that full concentration is needed on the exam day.

Read some of the tips that @Cochtrane and Osemigho shared last month too.

I wish you and other September 30th IELTS test takers good success.

For those of us who are expecting positive remark result (EOR) and all September 9th test takers, may God crown all our efforts with good success.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jesuba: 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olajide21: 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2017
[quote author=dannio post=60361915][/quote]

Have you tried IELTS advantage.com?
Ieltsonlinetest.com. try using a laptop or desktop computer to download the cambridge, it very helpful. Besides, academic practice questions once in a while. It helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jesuba: 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2017
nnekdre:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2017
You will make a good teacher!!! I need to enroll in your class ohh!!!

GlitteringStar:

Below are some tips to help you with the listening section (That is my own strong point grin wink)

*Read and follow the instructions---Use word where word is needed and number where number is needed. For example, a question that says "not more than TWO WORDS"….Writing 18 dollars or $18 as answer is wrong. The correct answer should be EIGHTEEN DOLLARS.

For those of us that are expecting positive remark result (EOR) and all September 9th test takers, may God crown all our efforts with good success.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by gentleluv: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
Please house, I have a question concerning ielts. Please what's the best way to tackle multiple choice (a, b, c) questions must especially in section 3 n 4 of listening. Dats the must challenging. Any idea how to overcome this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by gentleluv: 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
Efamily please a friend of mine using WES has been on awaiting verification for months and he has two masters from the same university. The university said it has sent verification for the both masters but WES only acknowledge for one and said its awaiting verification for the other masters. Please wats the way forward and advice for this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.