Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1524441 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mzstephh(f): 6:12am On Oct 05, 2017
woke up to some nice email from cic I checked and I was sent an ITA. I didn't even know the draw was yesterday. We thank God ooo, congrats to others who received theirs too. Ehen people please a quick question abeg, do I have to pay the processing fee and right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) same time sad . they say it speeds up the application. Did anyone pay all $1040 at one go?

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tspice2015(f): 6:34am On Oct 05, 2017
MostBlessed:
With great joy and deep gratitude to God, I am happy to announce that I have received the PPR mail at last!!
My time line is ;

AOR in February 21st 2017
NA in April 28th 2017
Ip2 on the 29th of September 2017
PPR mail on the 2nd of October 2017

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jummolami: 7:07am On Oct 05, 2017
Congrat. At last UI has released u.
ITA sure smiley

balogunsam:
@threadstone @senors @jummolami, WES finally got docs on October 3rd and status was changed. Just checked now again and saw status showing this yet ETA is October 24th. Though i strongly believe this will be much faster. Told them via chat to help expedite the process as i had lost a month due to their technical errors.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:21am On Oct 05, 2017
MostBlessed:
With great joy and deep gratitude to God, I am happy to announce that I have received the PPR mail at last!!

Guys please on planning... the way further,
What is the best way to convert funds from naira to Canadian dollars and also open an account in canada /transfer the funds into canada.

Congratulations! It's been a long time coming! I am so happy for you.

You can get a lot of useful post-PPR tips on the "Living in Canada" thread. Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by crazyinlove: 7:30am On Oct 05, 2017
Congrats to all got ITA and PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 7:30am On Oct 05, 2017
Mzstephh:
woke up to some nice email from cic I checked and I was sent an ITA. I didn't even know the draw was yesterday. We thank God ooo, congrats to others who received theirs too. Ehen people please a quick question abeg, do I have to pay the processing fee and right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) same time sad . they say it speeds up the application. Did anyone pay all $1040 at one go?
Congratulations on your ITA. Paying the money at a go just ensure you don't get the request to pay the money later on. You can just chillax and await the golden mail. However, except the extra few days you might incur to effect the payment later on, I don't think it's a significant determiner.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 05, 2017
Kontagious:

You queries are not too clear but are you saying you made a transcript request in your school and someone who's no more a staff sent the transcript? How did the person get hold of your transcript if s/he is no more a staff? Can you confirm the courier used, if you can get the tracking number, you should be able to query the intended address. That would confirm if the transcript is headed in the right direction or not.

You can edit your address on WES portal, so there's really no need to cancel the express courier.

I have paid for the courier but the verification request has not been sent. I hope I can remove my Bsc certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2017
12go:

I have paid for the courier but the verification request has not been sent. I hope I can remove my Bsc certificate.
Stop confusing yourself.
WES would acknowledge the receipt of your transcript and certificate before your status will change to Document Verification in Progress.
All you need to do now is track the transcript to make sure it has been delivered. After you have sent your certificate and all has been acknowledged, that is when verification will start.
You can edit your WES account if you are not interested in evaluating the BSc again. You can also mail them.

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2017
Wes is frustrating me at the moment. I agree a mistake was made to have included my Bsc. The emails I send to Wes gets a generic response. Is there a way to remove my Bsc or get Wes to send their request to my institution?

They are always insisting they have sent the requests to Knust but it is untrue. Abeg brethren, sisthren, mod, ladies, gentlemen, oga, madam, help me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=DatechMan post=61120483]
Stop confusing yourself.
WES would acknowledge the receipt of your transcript and certificate before your status will change to Document Verification in Progress.
All you need to do now is track the transcript to make sure it has been delivered. After you have sent your certificate and all has been acknowledged, that is when verification will start.
You can edit your WES account if you are not interested in evaluating the BSc again. You can also mail them.

All the best
[/quote

My transcripts and Bsc results got to WES but my status has been saying waiting for verification from institution.

I had to travel to Ghana and found out that Wes' email and package did not get to Knust. I assumed the school did not respond to WES' message but Wes is culpable in this.

I also tried to edit my portal to remove my bsc but it's not possible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2017
I have mailed them severally but there's no good response. They just reply saying they are waiting for verification from my institution.

Wes no try for me. Spending money to travel cos of Wes as person still dey gather Pof.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by revlane: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2017
Congratulations oooooo. May PPR shower move round us oooooo

MostBlessed:
My time line is ;

AOR in February 21st 2017
NA in April 28th 2017
Ip2 on the 29th of September 2017
PPR mail on the 2nd of October 2017

Many Thanks to all elders and members of this forum for their selfless contributions. @Jesusdway, Triv, 40manlappy,dupyshoo, vcole, Salford, esosa 4real.... etc

Guys please on planning... the way further,
What is the best way to convert funds from naira to Canadian dollars and also open an account in canada /transfer the funds into canada.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 8:35am On Oct 05, 2017
Hello House,

Its ITA finally. grin

Abeg I have started filling the forms and have a few questions for now.

1) I applied in 2014 for permanent residency through the paper based application, but was returned that my NOC has capped, and they wrote my UCI number in pencil on my form. Now I'm being asked if I have applied for PR before and I answered yes, and they asked for my PR file number and I dont have any such number, and the form keep showing incomplete without the PR file number. What should I do?

2) I have a Canadian pikin, will he go through medicals as well?

3) This same Canadian pikin does not have Nigerian Passport yet, but I stated that he is a Nigerian citizen as well, do I need to do a Nigerian passport for the sake of this application?

Thanks all for your anticipated responses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jbaby09: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2017
Good morning House!! Please has any U.K. LAW DEGREE HOLDER used ICES for ECA? Considering the waiting time of IQAS.

Best regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2017
I have responded. What campus did you finish from because they process transcripts separately. Okija or Elele?

Olisedinma:
PM sent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 9:12am On Oct 05, 2017
Jbaby09:
Good morning House!! Please I'm about processing my PR. But please I've got a question regarding ECA. For U.K. Law degree holders. Which is better? ICES IQAS OR WES? I would appreciate your response as I intend to begin my process today..

I don't know about UK Law degree holders but generally, Law degree holders have been recommending IQAS due to their assessment of their LLB degrees as MSc equivalent. Please note that they are now very slow, about 30 working days or so. If you don't mind the processing times, IQAS seem to be better for lawyers.

Please read the posts of the following members for more insights while other lawyers also weigh in. What do you have-LLB or LLM?

https://www.nairaland.com/iphie25/posts/

https://www.nairaland.com/4barr/posts

cc: perks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jbaby09: 9:19am On Oct 05, 2017
40manlappy:

I don't know about UK Law degree holders but generally, Law degree holders have been recommending IQAS due to their assessment of their LLB degrees as MSc equivalent. Please note that they are now very slow, about 30 working days or so. If you don't mind the processing times, IQAS seem to be better for lawyers.

Please read the posts of the following members for more insights while other lawyers also weigh in. What do you have-LLB or LLM?

https://www.nairaland.com/iphie25/posts/

https://www.nairaland.com/4barr/posts

cc: perks

Thanks for the prompt response.
I've got LLB
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mzstephh(f): 9:25am On Oct 05, 2017
Thanks G..
DatechMan:

Congratulations on your ITA. Paying the money at a go just ensure you don't get the request to pay the money later on. You can just chillax and await the golden mail. However, except the extra few days you might incur to effect the payment later on, I don't think it's a significant determiner.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2017
Jbaby09:

Thanks for the prompt response.
I've got LLB

Ok. In the absence of information on ICES, you may consider IQAS since WES is not known (at least, so far on this forum) to have assessed LLB degrees as MSc equivalent. However, check the current processing times on their website.

You can for more dig information around ICES to make an informed decision. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jbaby09: 9:35am On Oct 05, 2017
40manlappy:

Ok. In the absence of information on ICES, you may consider IQAS since WES is not known (at least, so far on this forum) to have assessed LLB degrees as MSc equivalent. However, check the current processing times on their website.

You can for more dig information around ICES to make an informed decision. All the best!

Thanks a lot!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bozoris: 9:47am On Oct 05, 2017
Hi house. I need advice on this matter. I am a contract teller seconded to a nigerian bank. I have three years experience and a bsc in accounting. Unfortunately, the noc skill level is C which does not qualify for EE. Apparently, in Canada, tellers are high school graduates. Is there anyone who has succesfully navigated this challenge ? Is there another noc that can be modifed to serve same purpose ? Please assist with inputs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 9:51am On Oct 05, 2017
Seniors please weigh in on my matter. @40manlappy, Canadianfly, Kontagious etc.

Abeg i ddnt want to call names but i need response. Thanks.

Virt:
Hello House,

Its ITA finally. grin

Abeg I have started filling the forms and have a few questions for now.

1) I applied in 2014 for permanent residency through the paper based application, but was returned that my NOC has capped, and they wrote my UCI number in pencil on my form. Now I'm being asked if I have applied for PR before and I answered yes, and they asked for my PR file number and I dont have any such number, and the form keep showing incomplete without the PR file number. What should I do?

2) I have a Canadian pikin, will he go through medicals as well? Modified: - He didn't need medicals

3) This same Canadian pikin does not have Nigerian Passport yet, but I stated that he is a Nigerian citizen as well, do I need to do a Nigerian passport for the sake of this application?

Thanks all for your anticipated responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2017
Virt:

Bwahahahah. The fear of the ''Badt gang'' is the beginning of not mentioning names. grin grin

I can only tackle below question:

I had a File number too .It was written in the mail they sent to you at that time your prior application was returned. Mine starts with B0 followed by numbers with [SW1] in bracket at the end. e.g. B056761222[SW1].
If you check the top right part of the letter sent by CIC to you ,you should find it there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2017
Dear house
Please a friend finished his mba from OAU in 2012 (that is transcript date) but his certificate reads 2015. When he called OAU, he was told people who finished around then had same discrepancy as school did not approve results till 2015.
Please how will he go about this?
1. Will WES accept the certificate like that?
2. Post ITA, how best will he explain this descrepancy or its not a deal breaker?
3. OAU grads, pls is this excuse from the school true or the contact is coooking it up?

Thank you for your responses ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 10:38am On Oct 05, 2017
I believe WES would accept it because they would request for verification from OAU in any case. So if there are any discrepancies, as long as its not from him/her... it should be fine.

Post ITA, he can include it in his LOE.

uptown17:
Dear house
Please a friend finished his mba from OAU in 2012 (that is transcript date) but his certificate reads 2015. When he called OAU, he was told people who finished around then had same discrepancy as school did not approve results till 2015.
Please how will he go about this?
1. Will WES accept the certificate like that?
2. Post ITA, how best will he explain this descrepancy or its not a deal breaker?
3. OAU grads, pls is this excuse from the school true or the contact is coooking it up?

Thank you for your responses ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 10:42am On Oct 05, 2017
Virt:

1)I don't know about file number but I believe what it's asking is for that UCI number of your previous file. I had to fill mine too, though it was a UCI number for my work permit but I believe it's asking if you have ever applied to IRCC at anytime. Then the UCI number. Do put in the one they wrote in pencil, should be like 8 numbers.

2) I no get Canadian pikin. Na America I know grin

3) You don't need Naija passport. That is not what determines the baby is also Nigerian. You being Nigerian is what makes the baby Nigerian because Nigeria does citizenship by parent. And why fill Ningerian and have your profile calculate fee for the pikin? Abeg go Canadian all the way. My thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 10:45am On Oct 05, 2017
ajiifixing:

Bwahahahah. The fear of the ''Badt gang'' is the beginning of not mentioning names. grin grin

1) I applied in 2014 for the mail they sent to you at that time your prior application was returned. Mine starts with B0 followed by numbers with [SW1] in bracket at the end. e.g. B056761222[SW1].
If you check the top right part of the letter sent by CIC to you ,you should find it there.[/b]

Lmao @ fear of badt gang. Abeg oh, I'm a church girl. Not a terrorist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 05, 2017
Bozoris:
Hi house. I need advice on this matter. I am a contract teller seconded to a nigerian bank. I have three years experience and a bsc in accounting. Unfortunately, the noc skill level is C which does not qualify for EE. Apparently, in Canada, tellers are high school graduates. Is there anyone who has succesfully navigated this challenge ? Is there another noc that can be modifed to serve same purpose ? Please assist with inputs.

Lets have like a break down of your job function maybe we can point you to the appropriate NOC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 10:50am On Oct 05, 2017
Thanks ajiifixing. I've checked the mail, there was no such number. The only details on the far right ofthe mail is their address.

ajiifixing:

I had a File number too .It was written in the mail they sent to you at that time your prior application was returned. Mine starts with B0 followed by numbers with [SW1] in bracket at the end. e.g. B056761222[SW1].
If you check the top right part of the letter sent by CIC to you ,you should find it there.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 05, 2017
You can write them a letter, quote your WES reference No, sign and fax it to them.
Cheers.
12go:
Wes is frustrating me at the moment. I agree a mistake was made to have included my Bsc. The emails I send to Wes gets a generic response. Is there a way to remove my Bsc or get Wes to send their request to my institution?

They are always insisting they have sent the requests to Knust but it is untrue. Abeg brethren, sisthren, mod, ladies, gentlemen, oga, madam, help me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 10:54am On Oct 05, 2017
Thanks Canadianfly. All points noted but for the first question, there is a place to include the uci number as well as the PR file number.

Canadianfly:

1)I don't know about file number but I believe what it's asking is for that UCI number of your previous file. I had to fill mine too, though it was a UCI number for my work permit but I believe it's asking if you have ever applied to IRCC at anytime. Then the UCI number. Do put in the one they wrote in pencil, should be like 8 numbers.

2) I no get Canadian pikin. Na America I know grin

3) You don't need Naija passport. That is not what determines the baby is also Nigerian. You being Nigerian is what makes the baby Nigerian because Nigeria does citizenship by parent. And why fill Ningerian and have your profile calculate fee for the pikin? Abeg go Canadian all the way. My thoughts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 10:57am On Oct 05, 2017
smslive2:
I believe WES would accept it because they would request for verification from OAU in any case. So if there are any discrepancies, as long as its not from him/her... it should be fine.

Post ITA, he can include it in his LOE.

Thank you for your prompt response. I truly appreciate
Pls more suggestions& contributions or even any1 with same issue can advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.