Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509977 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ray78: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
Im July AOR and LVO as well
ErekeBam:
Hi guys,

Please any July AOR whose application is in London VO, kindly PM me. Its important.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nwandy218: 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
Shipping the physical certificate via UPS to Nigeria
just15:

Hi Hamiltondreamer, please why did you pay like 322$ for WES, i checked their site and the cost is 200 canadian dollar, which is like N284 /naira
what else did you pay for that amounted to 322$?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
kareemHunt:
I have completed my MBA but I am still waiting for my certificate. My school says they can give me a covering letter as well as academic transcripts if required. Please does anyone know if this will be accepted by WES to do an ECA?
Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
elfmann:

Pls I'm new here..where is page 0?
Buhahahahaha...Bros you no well...ok let me go back and catch-up grin grin ;
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2017
Diploma has to be two years and above. I doubt you can get a point to prelim program.

Abbylee:
Guys please help!!!

Can i get points for a one year diploma i did to get into University of Lagos for my BSc through direct entry? Does WES assess such

Does the one year-diploma and my Bsc degree count as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degree"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dtaminator: 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
From my experience, the only diplomas WES will recognize are OND and HND. I also tried to evaluate my unilag diploma and it was ignored. They just pretended they did not see anything but my B.Sc.

Abbylee:
Hello

Your question 1 attracted my attention. Does one get extra points for a one-year diploma of direct entry into University? I tried to access it with WES but i think they ignored it completely.

I need all the points i can get too.

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
cuteguy201:
The only update now is that I have a friend at the Transcript office who has ascertained that my verification request by WES has been seen and it's being worked on.

@cuteguy201 any info yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
Abbylee:
Hello

Your question 1 attracted my attention. Does one get extra points for a one-year diploma of direct entry into University? I tried to access it with WES but i think they ignored it completely.

I need all the points i can get too.

Thanks!!!

I just hope they evaluate Unilag diploma and bsc as two or more certificates mehn. Tho I have OnD from offa polytechnics but to go there and request for transcripts is money and time consuming unlike getting to send the diploma and bsc I both have from Unilag to WES. Sigh!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
My people, plz how long does it take WES to update one's profile after receiving transcripts. Wifey's own has delivered on Tuesday morning which they confirmed receipt to me via their twitter handle.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tobigo12: 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hello house. I need your advice. I will be done with my NYSC next year and i wish to leave Nigeria. I have over £10,000 in my domiciliary account. Which country do you suggest even though i prefer Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
Tobigo12:
Hello house. I need your advice. I will be done with my NYSC next year and i wish to leave Nigeria. I have over £10,000 in my domiciliary account. Which country do you suggest even though i prefer Canada.
Afghanistan, bro!

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MrsBee: 8:52pm On Oct 05, 2017
elfmann:

Afghanistan, bro!

Savage ���
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

elfmann:

Afghanistan, bro!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kingspaco: 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
elfmann:

Afghanistan, bro!
elfmann.... It's not fair o. Lol
But the question the guy is asking though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
Virt:
Thanks ajiifixing. I've checked the mail, there was no such number. The only details on the far right ofthe mail is their address.

You can leave the field blank if you have forgotten the number. That's CIC's recommendation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ehrnie: 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
Tobigo12:

Hi - this is a personal decision which I think you've answered in your "even though I prefer Canada" statement. If indeed you prefer Canada then start reading the 1st page of this thread. Check that you meet the minimum requirement for work experience though.

If you are eligible, you will be required to show proof of funds of $12300 CAD for your Express Entry application, so this is where your £10000 will come in handy.

All the best!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
Tobigo12:
I don't think you should leave a decision as important as this to people. Do your research and decide where you want go. Australia, New Zealand, Canada and a bunch of other countries have this PR thing in place. With the right research you can identify where you should leave Nigeria to.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by arizona20: 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
codeworks:
Go to Page 0 you see all info you need. You graduated from FUTO?

Yes I finished from FUTO and you?.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
You wicked I swear!!! I could not help but burst into laughter when I saw this.

elfmann:

Afghanistan, bro!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Tobigo12:

Guy, u no wan even hustle small for naija. It's not fair o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by vcole: 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
MostBlessed:
With great joy and deep gratitude to God, I am happy to announce that I have received the PPR mail at last!!
My time line is ;

AOR in February 21st 2017
NA in April 28th 2017
Ip2 on the 29th of September 2017
PPR mail on the 2nd of October 2017

Many Thanks to all elders and members of this forum for their selfless contributions. @Jesusdway, Triv, 40manlappy,dupyshoo, vcole, Salford, esosa 4real.... etc

Guys please on planning... the way further,
What is the best way to convert funds from naira to Canadian dollars and also open an account in canada /transfer the funds into canada.

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by legaltender: 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
Lizme21:
Hi house,

I have some few questions to ask please... I'm an nurse here in Nigeria, under 30years but I have not been working for awhile due to the lack of employement state in Nigeria. I can only prove work experience of 6months, but husby has been working for years so he can prove years of employement of more than 10years but he will soon pass the 39years age range( meaning if he doesn't apply b4 he clocks 40, his points will be reduced, thereby reducing his chances of applying).. Please, who do think should apply knowing that I dont have the required experience needed and my husby's age will soon be above the age range 39 in less than 6months.. unless your husband has a masters degree and can achieve very high scores in all the IELTS components, you will struggle to get enough points to qualify, given his age. You may have to look into Sasketchewan Provinivial Nomination, https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program
This program requires experience in a very limited number of occupations and slots fill up very quickly.

tough ....... you need at least one year of continuous work experience in a qualifying occupation, which you don't have. Even with one year experience, you are unlikely to score high enough to qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker stream and might have to look into getting a provincial nomination.
2] if eventually one of us will be the primary applicant, is it a must for the second person and ECA..? Yes and yes

3) please, I need the link on the process of Evaluating credentials ECA... Thanks all - search online for "WES ECA" or "IQAS ECA"

4] does Wes accept ND and HND?No idea

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eyoiba(m): 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
Good evening my Canadian family,

Please i need guidiance on the filling of my EE profile as i am currently stucked and unable to edit my profile after submission

1) After filling the EE profile i was deemed ineligible despite the fact that i used the Come to Canada tool and i was deemed eligible

2) I indicated a settlement fund of CAD 22900 for family of 4

3) I did not see any place to fill the details of my other dependants (Children) except for my wife

4) I did not see any place to input my WES Ref number though i saw a place for IELTS TRF No and i have inputed it.

5) After ifilling the form, i clicked a " TRANSMIT INFOMATION" button and my information are now locked and uneditable.

6) What have i not done or done wrongly?

Your suggestions please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by legaltender: 10:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
shygunXs:
Dear Ancestors smiley

Please I would like to know how long, end-to-end, this Express Entry takes for Canadian Skilled Workers Program.

Also, I've been to the Republic of Benin in the past, do I need to go there to get the Police clearance as well?

Plenty questions ooo. cheesy

Can I dump my expired passport that I used for the trip to republic of Benin? No other meaningful visa on it. I don't want to stress myself for a clearance from the country since I have a new passport.

I'd be glad to know.

Thanks in advance.
You don't need police clearance from Benin unless you were there for a total of 6 months at least

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=eyoiba post=61145934]Good evening my Canadian family,

You can't edit an ineligible profile create a new one.

When filling click yes If you have your ECA and the eca boxes will come up for filling where you input your Wes number and date on eca letter.

Take your time, be patient a make sure you understand every question asked before filling in the answer. No rush.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by legaltender: 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
eyoiba:
Good evening my Canadian family,

Please i need guidiance on the filling of my EE profile as i am currently stucked and unable to edit my profile after submission

1) After filling the EE profile i was deemed ineligible despite the fact that i used the Come to Canada tool and i was deemed eligible

2) I indicated a settlement fund of CAD 22900 for family of 4

3) I did not see any place to fill the details of my other dependants (Children) except for my wife

4) I did not see any place to input my WES Ref number though i saw a place for IELTS TRF No and i have inputed it.

5) After ifilling the form, i clicked a " TRANSMIT INFOMATION" button and my information are now locked and uneditable.

6) What have i not done or done wrongly?

Your suggestions please.

Are you using the correct tool? you can't enter manually enter an amount under settlement funds, you can only select a range from a picklist. Did you select the correct dropdown option for settlement funds for your family size?
Did you enter a valid IELTS test date? No later than 2 years ago? Are your scores high enough?
You will be able to enter your children's details after you've been deemed eligible for the express entry pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tobigo12: 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ehrnie:

Hi - this is a personal decision which I think you've answered in your "even though I prefer Canada" statement. If indeed you prefer Canada then start reading the 1st page of this thread. Check that you meet the minimum requirement for work experience though.

If you are eligible, you will be required to show proof of funds of $12300 CAD for your Express Entry application, so this is where your £10000 will come in handy. Thank you for your support.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by vcole: 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hello everyone. Part 2 and it's over 200 pages already shocked
Where my people 40manlappy, onlineise, esosa4real at al. Copr don land?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eyoiba(m): 10:59pm On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=Deebay post=61146371][/quote]

Thanks. Do I need to delete the ineligible one or just create another one. If need to delete, how do I go about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eyoiba(m): 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
legaltender:

Are you using the correct tool? you can't enter manually enter an amount under settlement funds, you can only select a range from a picklist. Did you select the correct dropdown option for settlement funds for your family size?
Did you enter a valid IELTS test date? No later than 2 years ago? Are your scores high enough?
You will be able to enter your children's details after you've been deemed eligible for the express entry pool.

I will check the tool again.

My ielts is good for EE profile
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by belushi7: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
Momentum2017:
Hi Guys, I have got a letter from CIC to pay RPRF, is that a good sign?

Hi @Momentum2017. You posted a while back how you got WES to update your dob by presenting government issued ID.

I will like to know the channel you used where you could attach such document to them.

How exactly did you go about getting them to update the wrong dob.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Beblessedbaba: 3:34am On Oct 06, 2017
True that means you need to reach out to them via phone or tweet at them
Onedimple:

I did asked them via email too and i got a response that they accepts statement of result. But when i called to ask why they are still awaiting document from me, the guy i spoke with said, the person evaluating might be thinking, since i got certificate for HND, i should be able to get for OND.

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.