Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511777 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
geebaby10:

From what I have read on older posts, this may not mean the person is entirely in the clear.

This is due to no fault of his.
Certificates in Nigerian schools are issued after the Senate has concluded their seating. No Student can determine when that will happen.

CIC knows there are peculiarities...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lordnath(m): 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
geebaby10:
Just got a response that my file is being processed at the London Visa Office. I am not even sure whether to laugh or cry.

Time to be patient.

Congrats to ITA and PPR recipients!!!

Take your time off the anxious wait and enjoy the remaining time before you fly out. Once I realized my application was moved from CIO to London VO I just took my mind off everything. I remember checking my CIC account every day, but not anymore.

Wishing you the best outcome and a successful landing. wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by manlikegb: 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
I really thought the house would be interested in dissecting the situation in the post below to help many people that might be in the kind of situation but I noticed its been few days and contributions are minimal. Anyways, please is there anyone in the house that claimed work experience points by adding their NYSC year? I have 2 question for y’all.

1. Was their a gap between your NYSC year and the year you started your other job after service year?
2. Was your NYSC NOC thesame or different from your other job NOC?

Why I’m asking is this; for an applicant to have been able to add their NYSC year to their work experience, then there’s a big chance that the 1yr NYSC NOC will be different from the NOC of the job they landed post Service year. Except of course if they were retained at their PPA. So if they were able to claim points for the above mentioned, then we can conclude that its possible to combine two NOCs and also possible to use two employers(jobs) to claim the most points one can.

Please contribute seniors in the know, help a member not to make a costly mistake. Thanks for your help.

manlikegb:
@dupyshoo has shed more light on the matter "combining more than one NOC to get max points for 3years" with this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp I know we all have our opinion but would implore us to read this few lines from the link and share ideas to put this matter to bed ones and for all.

Please take note of the bolded in the article.

Foreign work experience

25 (1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1); and
(d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission.

Requirements

(2) In order to be assigned points under section 23 or 24 for their foreign work experience, a foreign national

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their foreign work experience[/i]; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.

@dupyshoo, @40manlappy, @blackbuddy, @cochtrane, @boldinc, @MummyJaygirls, @DereI, @bigfido, @dannio, @hiscules, @Algbenguze, @Kontagious, @Algbenguze

Also @Hephgirl & @Impish (B** Gang)

and @everyone that I forget to mention can contribute too pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
I think this worked because of the bolded, CIC figured you are still qualified for the draw that got you ITA even if your current work reference is excluded.
@ Primeson1, do you also have reference letter of 3years on other job(s)? and you will still be able to sleep well at night if those 6months without reference is excluded from your application.
Look out for guidance from other seniors that has scaled through with work experience without reference letter, what they submitted, and if geebaby10 document suffice.
geebaby10:

Well for my hubby we didn't get work reference letter for his current job because we didn't want to jeopardize his promotion. His office had victimized those that requested for in the past. We used his appointment letter, previous promotion letters and three most recent payslips.

For me, I started a new job after ITA so for that new job I used my appointment letter and explained that I was still in training in the LOE but I worked over 40 hours a week etc.

I am the PA and currently our application is on NA2 and no documents needed so it MAY have worked.

But bear in mind that for our previous jobs (me - over three years, hubby - over six years) we got proper work reference letters. And it was this previous job I used in getting ITA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ErekeBam: 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hi guys,

Please any July AOR whose application is in London VO, kindly PM me. Its important.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
MRSDA:
Good morning friends....

E jo is it true that if you have a visa denial, you must fill Schedule A form upfront or you will get an ADR for it??

I've didnt know that o!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
Canadianfly:

I still think she can be the better applicant. She can claim two or more certificates. For work experience she can maybe add NYSC. Do nurses do NYSC in Nigeria?

Anyway if she and hubby do ECA & IELTS with her being PA, they get circa 438. She'll get mad points for age than he will get for work experience. Except maybe when Skill transferability applies

@ Lizme21
except that she's a nurse and their process is Oh well lemme say shady
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
We plenty o, Whats Up?

ErekeBam:
Hi guys,

Please any July AOR whose application is in London VO, kindly PM me. Its important.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by primeson1(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
geebaby10:

Well for my hubby we didn't get work reference letter for his current job because we didn't want to jeopardize his promotion. His office had victimized those that requested for in the past. We used his appointment letter, previous promotion letters and three most recent payslips.

For me, I started a new job after ITA so for that new job I used my appointment letter and explained that I was still in training in the LOE but I worked over 40 hours a week etc.

I am the PA and currently our application is on NA2 and no documents needed so it MAY have worked.

But bear in mind that for our previous jobs (me - over three years, hubby - over six years) we got proper work reference letters. And it was this previous job I used in getting ITA.

Thank you for this.

However, i still need this 6 months work experience to make up my 3 years experience.

So, maybe appointment letter and pay slips and an LOE stating ref letter couldn't be gotten. Will that work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by primeson1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
Abby2017:
I think this worked because of the bolded, CIC figured you are still qualified for the draw that got you ITA even if your current work reference is excluded.
@ Primeson1, do you also have reference letter of 3years on other job(s)? and you will still be able to sleep well at night if those 6months without reference is excluded from your application.
Look out for guidance from other seniors that has scaled through with work experience without reference letter, what they submitted, and if geebaby10 document suffice.

No, i don't have 3 years work experience, presently I have 2 years 7 months in different companies, so I do really need that 6 months work ref.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
Yewwygraceful:
Hello Dannio, are you sure? When did they start sending files to Accra? You are the only person i heard whose file was transferred to ACCRA or is it paperbased?

I am so sorry if i sound this way but just really surprised.

Well it is what the call agent told me and l also met someone a Nigerian, on line too whose file is at Accra.Someone also a Nigerian,got PPR from Accra recently and his AOR was June 24th.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 3:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hah, that dummy PR number go hard o.

dupyshoo:
Is it possible to put a dummy PR number? Then you can include a letter in the general LOE section explaining your situation.

I was in a kinda situation as I had applied for Alberta PNP before years back and my application was returned as incomplete. I did not even get to see the returned form. I said "No" to all the statutory questions and when I was asked to submit a Schedule A form, I used that opportunity to explain the situation.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
Wow amazing. It is possible that Accra has started clearing the 2014 files. It seems that was the reason they stopped sending files to Accra because of the huge backlog.

I did not even know they were sending files there talkless of someone getting PPR. Interesting.

Anyways, i wish us all speedy processing (both Accra and London)

dannio:

Well it is what the call agent told me and l also met someone a Nigerian, on line too whose file is at Accra.Someone also a Nigerian,got PPR from Accra recently and his AOR was June 24th.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hello

Your question 1 attracted my attention. Does one get extra points for a one-year diploma of direct entry into University? I tried to access it with WES but i think they ignored it completely.

I need all the points i can get too.

Thanks!!!

yimiton:
With your age and only a BSc, you'll need all the extra points you can get to help you get enough points that can get you an ITA.

1. Do you per chance have a diploma? I know some people get diplomas before direct entry into the university

2. Do you or your spouse have a sibling legally living in Canada?

3. Your spouse definitely needs to write IELTS, that 20 points is critical to you.

If your answer to questions number 1 and 2 are no, you need to ensure you get the English scores in number 4

4. You have to smash your IELTS, aim for L8.5 S7.5 W8 R8

When you've done all the above, you'll pray CRS comes down at some point. If it doesn't, you'll have to go through Provincial nomination.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by arizona20: 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
I am so happy to have seen this thread on Canada immigration. I have been so worried and confused as I do not have anyone to direct me on the application process.

I am currently reading through the thread from page 1 but yet to even go far on the articles.

Things I have done.....

So far, I had created WES account. I have also submitted the application for immigration and made payment of like 322$.

I am currently following up with my institution (FUTO ) for my Certificate and transcript.

My hubby plan to request for his after WES has received my documentation.

But Please I have some clarifications and need assistance.

At what point , would I indicate that am primary applicant.
* When I receive my certificate, can anyone assist me with contact of any one in Canada I can scan my certificate to so the person will assist me to mail to WES as I do not know anyone in Canada currently.
*After my documentation is received, what next.
*At what point would I be required to specify my job experiences as I didn't see where to include that when I filled out application for to WES.

Thank you all. May God answer all applicants with great and amazing responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codeworks(m): 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2017
Go to Page 0 you see all info you need. You graduated from FUTO?

arizona20:
I am so happy to have seen this thread on Canada immigration. I have been so worried and confused as I do not have anyone to direct me on the application process.

I am currently reading through the thread from page 1 but yet to even go far on the articles.

Things I have done.....

So far, I had created WES account. I have also submitted the application for immigration and made payment of like 322$.

I am currently following up with my institution (FUTO ) for my Certificate and transcript.

My hubby plan to request for his after WES has received my documentation.

But Please I have some clarifications and need assistance.

At what point , would I indicate that am primary applicant.
* When I receive my certificate, can anyone assist me with contact of any one in Canada I can scan my certificate to so the person will assist me to mail to WES as I do not know anyone in Canada currently.
*After my documentation is received, what next.
*At what point would I be required to specify my job experiences as I didn't see where to include that when I filled out application for to WES.

Thank you all. May God answer all applicants with great and amazing responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
Guys please help!!!

Can i get points for a one year diploma i did to get into University of Lagos for my BSc through direct entry? Does WES assess such

Does the one year-diploma and my Bsc degree count as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degree"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by HTC2017: 4:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
Have you got a catalyst, please? shocked

ErekeBam:
Hi guys,

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 4:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
geebaby10:
Just got a response that my file is being processed at the London Visa Office. I am not even sure whether to laugh or cry.

Time to be patient.

Congrats to ITA and PPR recipients!!!

HI, what's your time line?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tomiccell: 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
Quick question house.

I booked my IELTS exam for Saturday 11 November. I have heard that speaking comes about a week before the date you book, in my case which might fall on Saturday 4 November. That Saturday will be an issue for me.

Please is this a given? Or can i speak with British council to schedule my speaking for a weekday during the week of the 11th, or any day after i have written LRW?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
bigfido:

HI, what's your time line?

ITA - May 4
AOR - July 27
Medicals Passed - August 9
IP1 - August 10
NA2- 16 August
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Please, has anyone here from Uniport evaluated their transcript through WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=arizona20 post=61134556]I am so happy to have seen this thread on Canada immigration. I have been so worried and confused as I do not have anyone to direct me on the application process.

Things I have done.....

I am currently following up with my institution (FUTO ) for my Certificate

You don't need an address in Canada . You can send your personal document via fax. Put wes fax on the search engine. Fax your documents . Google hellofax.com and and send your documents online.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by manlikegb: 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
Tomiccell:
Quick question house.

I booked my IELTS exam for Saturday 11 November. I have heard that speaking comes about a week before the date you book, in my case which might fall on Saturday 4 November. That Saturday will be an issue for me.

Please is this a given? Or can i speak with British council to schedule my speaking for a weekday during the week of the 11th, or any day after i have written LRW?

@Tomiccell, yes it is possible. I've asked this question there before and was told to send an email to an email address given to me. However, since I have sent the email, I have not heard anything from them and I'm hoping they have received and treated it. Anyways, I'm planning to visit their office again to make sure they follow up with the request so I don't get surprised when the exam dates come out. So my advice is, visit their office.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 5:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
Yes, my wife did.....it was seamless

slimmy2005:
Please, has anyone here from Uniport evaluated their transcript through WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by zaragirl: 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
My COPR timeline.

Passport sent- 31st August
Passport received in Accra- 4th September
MyCIC account status approved- 15th September
Pick-Up Mail- 28th September
Passport delivered- 04th October.

Canada here I come, and for those still expectant. Don't worry, everything will come out positive. See you all.

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2017
Iruosonobrugwhe:
Yes, my wife did.....it was seamless

Thanks. You have an idea how much it cost? I want someone over there do it for me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by just15: 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=Hamiltondreamer post=61136463][/quote]
Hi Hamiltondreamer, please why did you pay like 322$ for WES, i checked their site and the cost is 200 canadian dollar, which is like N284 /naira
what else did you pay for that amounted to 322$?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Triv: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
Wow most blessed big congrats, this people kept you sha, but we thank God. Haven't figured the money transfer yet, ask in the living in Canada forum. I'm sure you'd get answers there. Congrats again
MostBlessed:
With great joy and deep gratitude to God, I am happy to announce that I have received the PPR mail at last!!
My time line is ;

AOR in February 21st 2017
NA in April 28th 2017
Ip2 on the 29th of September 2017
PPR mail on the 2nd of October 2017

Many Thanks to all elders and members of this forum for their selfless contributions. @Jesusdway, Triv, 40manlappy,dupyshoo, vcole, Salford, esosa 4real.... etc

Guys please on planning... the way further,
What is the best way to convert funds from naira to Canadian dollars and also open an account in canada /transfer the funds into canada.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kareemHunt: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
I have completed my MBA but I am still waiting for my certificate. My school says they can give me a covering letter as well as academic transcripts if required. Please does anyone know if this will be accepted by WES to do an ECA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tomiccell: 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
manlikegb:

@Tomiccell, yes it is possible. I've asked this question there before and was told to send an email to an email address given to me. However, since I have sent the email, I have not heard anything from them and I'm hoping they have received and treated it. Anyways, I'm planning to visit their office again to make sure they follow up with the request so I don't get surprised when the exam dates come out. So my advice is, visit their office.

Perfect! Thank you so much. Will visit their office tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.