Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511535 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 10:57am On Oct 05, 2017
Virt:
Thanks Canadianfly. All points noted but for the first question, there is a place to include the uci number as well as the PR file number.

Oh..then I dunno. It could be the number that starts with a letter? Google this and see what the Internet or other people have done, maybe canadavisa forum?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lizme21(f): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2017
Hi house,

I have some few questions to ask please... I'm an nurse here in Nigeria, under 30years but I have not been working for awhile due to the lack of employement state in Nigeria. I can only prove work experience of 6months, but husby has been working for years so he can prove years of employement of more than 10years but he will soon pass the 39years age range( meaning if he doesn't apply b4 he clocks 40, his points will be reduced, thereby reducing his chances of applying).. Please, who do think should apply knowing that I dont have the required experience needed and my husby's age will soon be above the age range 39 in less than 6months..

2] if eventually one of us will be the primary applicant, is it a must for the second person to do IELTS and ECA..?

3) please, I need the link on the process of Evaluating credentials ECA... Thanks all

4] does Wes accept ND and HND?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2017
Just got a response that my file is being processed at the London Visa Office. I am not even sure whether to laugh or cry.

Time to be patient.

Congrats to ITA and PPR recipients!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2017
This is what sb on another forum advised.

"If it asks for IRCC, you can just mention yes and the UCI number, since you already have one. For PR, I think you'll have to say NO as you don't have the file number as you did not get an AOR from the paper based application."

Pls did you get an Aor before your application was returned?

ajiifixing:

Bwahahahah. The fear of the ''Badt gang'' is the beginning of not mentioning names. grin grin

I can only tackle below question:

1) I applied in 2014 for permanent residency through the paper based application, but was returned that my NOC has capped, and they wrote my UCI number in pencil on my form. Now I'm being asked if I have applied for PR before and I answered yes, and they asked for my PR file number and I dont have any such number, and the form keep showing incomplete without the PR file number. What should I do?

I had a File number too .It was written in the mail they sent to you at that time your prior application was returned. Mine starts with B0 followed by numbers with [SW1] in bracket at the end. e.g. B056761222[SW1].
If you check the top right part of the letter sent by CIC to you ,you should find it there.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 11:37am On Oct 05, 2017
Good morning friends....

E jo is it true that if you have a visa denial, you must fill Schedule A form upfront or you will get an ADR for it??

I've didnt know that o!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 05, 2017
Lizme21:
Hi house,

I have some few questions to ask please... I'm an nurse here in Nigeria, under 30years but I have not been working for awhile due to the lack of employement state in Nigeria. I can only prove work experience of 6months, but husby has been working for years so he can prove years of employement of more than 10years but he will soon pass the 39years age range( meaning if he doesn't apply b4 he clocks 40, his points will be reduced, thereby reducing his chances of applying).. Please, who do think should apply knowing that I dont have the required experience needed and my husby's age will soon be above the age range 39 in less than 6months..

2] if eventually one of us will be the primary applicant, is it a must for the second person to do IELTS and ECA..?

3) please, I need the link on the process of Evaluating credentials ECA... Thanks all

Chai
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2017
MRSDA:
Good morning friends....

E jo is it true that if you have a visa denial, you must fill Schedule A form upfront or you will get an ADR for it??

I've didnt know that o!

I would like to know this too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 11:50am On Oct 05, 2017
Lizme21:
Hi house,

1. You wouldve been the best candidate as the PA but due to low years of work exp, your husband will have to be the PA.
2. Please evaluate your credentials and write ielts to increase your scores and chances.
3. https://www.wes.org/
4. Yes they do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 05, 2017
uptown17:

Thank you for your prompt response. I truly appreciate
Pls more suggestions& contributions or even any1 with same issue can advise
Bro, wetin again? .. Na wetin OAU get they give una.. Give am to WES like that. It's like ielts Reading.. Don't change dat dial.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2017
geebaby10:
Just got a response that my file is being processed at the London Visa Office. I am not even sure whether to laugh or cry.

Time to be patient.

Na so them tell me sey l dey Accra VO now.l just dey speechless l no fit shout
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
Canadianfly:

Lmao @ fear of badt gang. Abeg oh, I'm a church girl. Not a terrorist.

angry angry "wish Shursh" grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
DereI:

1. You wouldve been the best candidate as the PA but due to low years of work exp, your husband will have to be the PA.
2. Please evaluate your credentials and write ielts to increase your scores and chances.
4. Yes they do.

@Lizme21: In addition to the above, I suggest that you go back to page 0 and read very diligently to take advantage of all the resources that are there and go through the entire thread gradually. Otherwise, you may still have to come back for more questions that have already been answered. Wish you the best!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
Virt:

"If it asks for IRCC, you can just mention yes and the UCI number, since you already have one. For PR, I think you'll have to say NO as you don't have the file number as you did not get an AOR from the paper based application."

No, I did not get an AOR (although I used an agent then).But I was asked to pay landing fee at that time ($550) maybe that was why a file was opened for me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 12:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
DereI:

4. Yes they do.

I still think she can be the better applicant. She can claim two or more certificates. For work experience she can maybe add NYSC. Do nurses do NYSC in Nigeria?

Anyway if she and hubby do ECA & IELTS with her being PA, they get circa 438. She'll get mad points for age than he will get for work experience. Except maybe when Skill transferability applies

@ Lizme21

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
Canadianfly:

I still think she can be the better applicant. She can claim two or more certificates. For work experience she can maybe add NYSC. Do nurses do NYSC in Nigeria?

Anyway if she and hubby do ECA & IELTS with her being PA, they get circa 438. She'll get mad points for age than he will get for work experience. Except maybe when Skill transferability applies

@ Lizme21
seconded, but you have to plan to acquire another 6 months of working to be eligible, you can use that time in preparing for ielts, ECA and then cross your Is and Ts...you will be fine

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
uptown17:
Dear house
Please a friend finished his mba from OAU in 2012 (that is transcript date) but his certificate reads 2015. When he called OAU, he was told people who finished around then had same discrepancy as school did not approve results till 2015.
Please how will he go about this?
1. Will WES accept the certificate like that?
2. Post ITA, how best will he explain this descrepancy or its not a deal breaker?
3. OAU grads, pls is this excuse from the school true or the contact is coooking it up?

Thank you for your responses ooo

Someone completed his MBA in 2007. FUTA gave him a certificate dated 2009 November. No issue was raised by WES or CIC and the guy is in NA2 (No documents needed) now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dupyshoo: 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
Is it possible to put a dummy PR number? Then you can include a letter in the general LOE section explaining your situation.

I was in a kinda situation as I had applied for Alberta PNP before years back and my application was returned as incomplete. I did not even get to see the returned form. I said "No" to all the statutory questions and when I was asked to submit a Schedule A form, I used that opportunity to explain the situation.

Virt:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 12:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hello Madam,

Some people just try to be proactive but it is not compulsory to upload upfront. I gues people do it upfront to avoid ADRs that could delay PPR.
London is notorious for asking for explanation on UK visa refusals from people who did not submit upfront but that did not prevent them from getting PPR.

Do not stress yourself out with worry okay, your PPR will come without issues. I have observed that you worry a lot o. grin

MRSDA:
Good morning friends....

I've didnt know that o!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 12:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
Geebaby be hopeful, Deeore whose file was transferred early september has already gotten ADR to pay RPRF and summarize POF. I also saw on the tracker that someone whose file was transferred to London early september is on IP2 already. Apparently London VO is working on the files already.

Let us be positive that our transfer to London will end with good news.

geebaby10:

Time to be patient.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hello Dannio, are you sure? When did they start sending files to Accra? You are the only person i heard whose file was transferred to ACCRA or is it paperbased?

I am so sorry if i sound this way but just really surprised.

dannio:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
Yewwygraceful:
Geebaby be hopeful, Deeore whose file was transferred early september has already gotten ADR to pay RPRF and summarize POF. I also saw on the tracker that someone whose file was transferred to London early september is on IP2 already. Apparently London VO is working on the files already.

Let us be positive that our transfer to London will end with good news.

Thank you for this. Honestly the wait is tiring and any glimmer of hope makes it easier.

Amen!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
ajiifixing:

Someone completed his MBA in 2007. FUTA gave him a certificate dated 2009 November. No issue was raised by WES or CIC and the guy is in NA2 (No documents needed) now.

From what I have read on older posts, this may not mean the person is entirely in the clear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
dannio:

I hear that Accra VO is now faster than London sef. Let our PPR sha come.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by damilola1978: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
Please has anyone here used on treasury bill certificate without and reference letter from the bank??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
Yewwygraceful:
Hello Madam,

Some people just try to be proactive but it is not compulsory to upload upfront. I gues people do it upfront to avoid ADRs that could delay PPR.
London is notorious for asking for explanation on UK visa refusals from people who did not submit upfront but that did not prevent them from getting PPR.

Do not stress yourself out with worry okay, your PPR will come without issues. I have observed that you worry a lot o. grin

Ah me? Worry ke? Hahahaha...it's all these forum where you hear all sorts jare. I probably should not have joined the Whatsapp group. Thanks though, I'm actually not worried, I was just surprised because a couple of people were sure I should have submitted it.
I am now as chilled as iced water...PPR will come jo. If they need information, let them ask...1 month or 6 months....the end is the golden mail.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
Yewwygraceful:
Hello Madam,

What stage are you at?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
primeson1:
Good evening all,

Please I'm getting difficulty in obtaining a work ref letter (6 months) from one of my previous company.

Please what can suffice for a proof of work?

Well for my hubby we didn't get work reference letter for his current job because we didn't want to jeopardize his promotion. His office had victimized those that requested for in the past. We used his appointment letter, previous promotion letters and three most recent payslips.

For me, I started a new job after ITA so for that new job I used my appointment letter and explained that I was still in training in the LOE but I worked over 40 hours a week etc.

I am the PA and currently our application is on NA2 and no documents needed so it MAY have worked.

But bear in mind that for our previous jobs (me - over three years, hubby - over six years) we got proper work reference letters. And it was this previous job I used in getting ITA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
I know right, that is why i refused to join any Whatsapp group. I will not let them come and give me high BP before i relocate abeg. We need good health to work in Canny jare. grin

On NA2, my file moved to London i think around 26th or 27th but i got the "No documents needed change" on the 20th of September. July 20 is my AOR.

MRSDA:

Ah me? Worry ke? Hahahaha...it's all these forum where you hear all sorts jare. I probably should not have joined the Whatsapp group. Thanks though, I'm actually not worried, I was just surprised because a couple of people were sure I should have submitted it.
I am now as chilled as iced water...PPR will come jo. If they need information, let them ask...1 month or 6 months....the end is the golden mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
damilola1978:
Please has anyone here used on treasury bill certificate without and reference letter from the bank??

Treasury bill "certificate" is an acceptable proof of fund (POF) on its own without needing any reference letter, especially if bank account balances are not part of your POF. Reference letters are normally obtained alongside bank statements.

Please refer to page 0 under PROOF OF FUND.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
elfmann:

Bro, wetin again? .. Na wetin OAU get they give una.. Give am to WES like that. It's like ielts Reading.. Don't change dat dial.
Looool..thanks bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
40manlappy:

Treasury bill "certificate" is an acceptable proof of fund (POF) on its own without needing any reference letter, especially if bank account balances are not part of your POF. Reference letters are normally obtained alongside bank statements.

Please refer to page 0 under PROOF OF FUND.
I don't know why page 0 is hated. Just want u to sing d same song all over.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
ajiifixing:

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.