Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1521650 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 2:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nettye:
Silent reader alert.

Thanks to everyone here, the process won't have been possible without you guys.

My time line...
ITA- Aug 9th
AOR- Sept 25th
Med Passed- Oct 3rd
ADR-Oct 3rd
NA2- Oct 11th
IP2/PPR (same day) - Oct 19th
Passport submitted - SAME DAY!!! No time

VO- Ottawa

God is awesome... We're out of here!!! See you all in Canada!

Congratulations! But wait, u kennut comman chop PPR and disappear. That's not fair

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by gogedda: 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
Congratz... Pls what was the ADR for?

Nettye:
Silent reader alert.

My time line...
ITA- Aug 9th
AOR- Sept 25th
Med Passed- Oct 3rd
ADR-Oct 3rd
NA2- Oct 11th

VO- Ottawa

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ethelia:

grin grin if I had checked the processing time before asking I wouldn't have even bothered........ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Going with IQAS quietly biko
Vcole, discovered IQAS for Lawyers here.. As their wait time has gone up, I thought sb shld be bold enough to be the Guinea pig. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2017
12go:
I have a question regarding PCC for UAE.

I got fingerprint documents from Abuja for UAE embassy dated 25 July 2017 in the hope that WES will be ready end of August but I will just get my WES October 31.

Do I have to get a new fingerprint document or can I use the previous one as someone will be travelling to Dubai next month and will help me submit the document along with former residence permit, passport photos and other docs.

I want to know if I can save money using the one I have or I have to get a new one.
It should be valid for one year but I don't know if when u still have it, negates that condition.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ykjgirls: 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2017
Onedimple:

You can call their customer care representative. It is easier to call them these days, no more long calls. They acknowledged mine few hours after it was sent.

Pls can i have their customer care no
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
DatechMan:
Sorry guys. I should have updated you since.

PPR - 20 Oct
Single applicant. No travel history.
My application was not flawless but it can only be God. Thank you Lord.
1. There is a discrepancy in DOB on my ECA. I obtained an Attestation of Birth Certificate from NPC and attached an LOE.

Thank you all
Congratulations, I key into your testimony.
Pls how did you apply for the attestation of birth certificate in your state of residence. Thanks an congratulations on again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
I have only my marriage cert and newspaper notification of change of name. Do I need to get an affidavit of name change from a court and also get it notarized?
Sugaro:
it reads CERTIFY so a lawyer with the NBA can, he must put his seal/stamp, notary officer, commissioner for oath. I used a lawyer tho. There are steps to follow I think it comes with the instructions, u shd also certify ur change of name documents (marriage certificate,newspaper and affidavit - I certified and submitted all as I didn't want to take chances)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by emelueobi(f): 6:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
A notarized copy of your marriage certificate and all other notarized documents is all you need to submit

I have only my marriage cert and newspaper notification of change of name. Do I need to get an affidavit of name change from a court and also get it notarized?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 6:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
'All other notarized documents' Which other ones should be? Pray tell.
emelueobi:
A notarized copy of your marriage certificate and all other notarized documents is all you need to submit

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 6:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nettye:
Silent reader alert.

My time line...
ITA- Aug 9th
AOR- Sept 25th
Med Passed- Oct 3rd
ADR-Oct 3rd
NA2- Oct 11th

VO- Ottawa

Congratulations silent reader. Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
DatechMan:
I tried calling them yesterday but wasted #900 without success. I was on hold for about 50 minutes.
I got a mail that I have an update in my account this morning.
Voila. The PPR mail was sent into my account. Thank you Lord
Here is my timeline.
AOR - 21 Sept
Medical Passed - 29 Sept
NA2 - 06 Oct
IP2 - 16 Oct ( That's when I checked)
PPR - 20 Oct
1. There is a discrepancy in DOB on my ECA. I obtained an Attestation of Birth Certificate from NPC and attached an LOE.
2. 2 million was transfered into the POF account as gift deed a day before submission.

It can only be God.
I thank all the Nairaland family for their contributions. I salute you all. The names are too numerous to mention.
My special appreciate goes to elfmann for his personal contribution.

Thank you all

Congrats man! This is good news! Wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2017
victree4:

Thanks bro. You are too much!!!

I think my best option is to focus on Australian Pr. If I manage to score 8, 8, 8, 8 in ielts. I won't need experience points to shoot past the required 60 points
If you are gonna do the Australia PR, please just go write PTE, not IELTS. You should find it easier to score 80 in all sections there.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by phemmi1: 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ethelia:

Thanks. After MCC received your document how long did it take them to contact your school for verification?
Dey have to review them first. Dats the stage I am at, dey haven't contacted my school yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
The way PPR is vexing these days sha. Congrats to everyone who got one.

Meanwhile, it's only fair that you guys share specific details others can learn from, like DaTechMan did. Abeg, it helps a lot. It's not just enough to be a silent reader, get PPR, announce it and bounce out of the thread.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
Huge CONGRATULATIONS @onlineise @ogundre @behati . MORE PPR RAIN PLS
@datechman & @nettye Congrats. Love ur timeline

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tbaby2015: 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
ray78:
Good morning guys,i received a message on my cic portal .Is this PPR?This is what the letter reads:
DEAR XXXY XXXXX
YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.
PASSPORT(S)
High

Congrats to all PPR recipients.....funny though, didnt u receive an email or what?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by irewole1: 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Congrats my Osogbo neighbor!!!!

Thank you all[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sherryz123: 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
Hello all,

if someone has been denied UK highly skilled migrant programme Hsmp due to incomplete document, how do you answer this 2 statutory questions when filling post ITA form

Has Bleep been refused refugee status,or an immigrant or permanent resident Visa. .

Has xxxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave canada or any other country?

The second one is a bit tricky, the person has been issued visitors visa afterwards.Hsmp is just like EE.

Second question , if the date on a masters certificate is June 2008 which is the graduation date but the actual end of masters course is Jan 2008, what end date is meant to filled on the education history in EE?

Pls helppppp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by revlane: 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
Congratulations to all those with PPR, I wish you best of luck in your canny life.

To those spending huge on calling CIC, I bought Glo international call bundle with 1k and got 150minutes. You can try Glo with *777#

To those of us waiting, we will all be celebrated soon

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
elfmann:

It should be valid for one year but I don't know if when u still have it, negates that condition.

The Nigerian PCC on the first page reads "This certificate is valid for three months and issued to the holder to travel to Canada "
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
12go:

The Nigerian PCC on the first page reads "This certificate is valid for three months and issued to the holder to travel to Canada "
Forget that thing.. Embassies see it as 12 months. Do read up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
DatechMan:
I tried calling them yesterday but wasted #900 without success. I was on hold for about 50 minutes.
I got a mail that I have an update in my account this morning.
Here is my timeline.
AOR - 21 Sept
Medical Passed - 29 Sept
NA2 - 06 Oct
IP2 - 16 Oct ( That's when I checked)
PPR - 20 Oct
2. 2 million was transfered into the POF account as gift deed a day before submission.

It can only be God.
I thank all the Nairaland family for their contributions. I salute you all. The names are too numerous to mention.
My special appreciate goes to elfmann for his personal contribution.

Thank you all

CONGRATULATIONS DATECHMAN. A HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
phemmi1:

Dey have to review them first. Dats the stage I am at, dey haven't contacted my school yet.

okay, I pray it goes smoothly smiley smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by perks: 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
Congrats to all PPR recipients. @onlineise, @behati, @ray78, @ogundre, @datechman et al. Hoping to join dat league soonest grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Sugaro: 8:47pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ethelia:

Thanks. After MCC received your document how long did it take them to contact your school for verification?
Mine took exactly 6wks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 8:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
Hello everyone,

Regarding IQAS, please I am a bit confused about how to proceed.

After paying and completing the application Form, do I send the form, passport copy etc to Iqas and then my school will send the transcript separately, or do I give the application form, passport copy etc to my school to include in the same envelop with the transcript and send to IQAS?

Thanks

cc @vcole and @yeyerolling
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
Sugaro:
Mine took exactly 6wks

Wow, did they send the verification request to your school via regular post? is that why it took so long? and is there an option to request for courier? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by perks: 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ethelia:
Hello everyone,

Regarding IQAS, please I am a bit confused about how to proceed.

After paying and completing the application Form, do I send the form, passport copy etc to Iqas and then my school will send the transcript separately, or do I give the application form, passport copy etc to my school to include in the same envelop with the transcript and send to IQAS?

Thanks

cc @vcole and @yeyerolling

Send d form, passport copy, certificate copy and receipt via fax to iqas. Let ur school send ur transcript

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
perks:

Send d form, passport copy, certificate copy and receipt via fax to iqas. Let ur school send ur transcript

Thanks, but what about the Request for Academic records form? I believe I'm to sign it and the bottom part is also to be completed by my school. Does my school need to include this with the transcript? The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently very far from the state and if that form has to be included I will have to courier it down to my school as well cry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
I didn't include the form in mine but I ensured that they wrote the IQAS reference number on the envelope containing my transcript before sending it.
Ethelia:

Thanks, but what about the Request for Academic records form? I believe I'm to sign it and the bottom part is also to be completed by my school. Does my school need to include this with the transcript? The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently very far from the state and if that form has to be included I will have to courier it down to my school as well cry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Sugaro: 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ethelia:

Wow, did they send the verification request to your school via regular post? is that why it took so long? and is there an option to request for courier? Thanks
regular mail. I don't know if u can request for courier but u can mail them to find out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.