Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511678 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Saintp(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
Kontagious:

Sir, If there's a transcript, then the listening is no more listening but turned to reading! There's no transcript and audio is only played once.

What device are they going to play the audio from? For the reading, will they give a question paper containing the passages or will you have to read from a device?
Please can you explain how the exam is administered. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prideandjoy: 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
I wish we can do more reading.

����

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 1:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
redocean:

I hail my people,

IRCC no get joy these days o. Meanwhile, will one get a personal email notification when Medicals is passed or would it require checking online account on intervals. Ordinary AOR for about 10 days now.

You'll only receive a mail notification that your account has been updated. You'll need to sign in to your cic account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by IAMCOMING: 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone, Please has anyone done his passport himself via their online portal and gotten his passport and how long did it take to......thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prideandjoy: 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
If you visit the recommended website/resources for the exam - ieltsliz.com , ieltsbuddy.com etc- you will know all about the exam.

Saintp:

What device are they going to play the audio from? For the reading, will they give a question paper containing the passages or will you have to read from a device?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2017
Read this and understand the test format

https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare-test/understand-test-format

Saintp:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by redocean: 1:34pm On Oct 25, 2017
prideandjoy:
I wish we can do more reading.

����

You know if it takes a lot from you to guide someone, there is always the option of ignoring the post. Sometimes, people need to be reassured that they are on the right track even if they have read about it.

Best wishes,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tippex(f): 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2017
Mavor:
Just go and practice your letter writing and essay writing. Know the difference between Formal, Semi-Formal and informal letter writing structure. Also knowing how to listen and comprehend what you heard quickly will help. The rest dey very easy. Na English wen we dey speak from birth. I no know why peeps for 9ja dey fear IELTS or TOEFL sef. Except you and Akpos go the same school.

Thank you sir!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olajide21: 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2017
Please, who has done PCC in Abuja? Which is better, Louis Edet house or Police CID Garki 2? Whats their charges like? Any link to an officer?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prideandjoy: 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mamacajah: 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
@Jumdah20, @sammyengr, please assist to outline the steps for MPNP here so as not to derail the other thread. Thanks. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
Kontagious:

Bros, it can be the fear of LVO o... But truly, when can one request to know? How do you know when CIO transfers your file to a VO?
Usually file has been transferred when additional documents changes to 'no additional documents needed' and at this stage you are still in NA2.
It is only when the VO has picked it that it changes to IP2. So depending on the LVO it can change to IP2 pretty fast or like majority of files in London VO, it might just be lying idle.

In some rare cases like mine, file got transferred while in IP1 cos of ADR. So it just moved to IP2 without NA2.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by redocean: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
prideandjoy:
Uncle/aunty redocean pls don't quote me for anything silly. If you caught your sub, bad for you.

I will guide you to go to the toilet as well.

Your comments speak a lot about your character and temperament. I wonder what makes you feel you're more knowledgeable simply because you know "one" way to the toilet. Hope you are also knowledgeable on how to keep a toilet clean after use... I won't gratify you with a response on the subject any further.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
Buhahahahaha (in hephmama's voice). The sub was not only caught, it was grabbed cheesy cheesy

prideandjoy:
Uncle/aunty pls don't quote me for anything silly. If you caught your sub, bad for you.

I will guide you to go to the toilet as well.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by philip3(m): 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
men all of una that can keep cool during this wait I envy y'all. I don tire for traffic and containers oh.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
redocean:
I hail my people,

IRCC no get joy these days o. Meanwhile, will one get a personal email notification when Medicals is passed or would it require checking online account on intervals. Ordinary AOR for about 10 days now.
Sometimes, you get a mail saying you application has been updated, sign in to check your status. But if you're like some of us that checks profile every 30 minutes, you'd probably get to see the update before the mail comes.

I got the mail a day after I noticed the medical passed. You might want to look in the range of 2 weeks for medical passed, just my observation though.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
mamacajah:
@Jumdah20, @sammyengr, please assist to outline the steps for MPNP here so as not to derail the other thread. Thanks. grin
Hella interested in this too, is it mandatory to have a close relative already in Manitoba? It seems that option gives more points and what about those of us who don't?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
Thanks jare. I am in the clear then. I have almost 80 with the 3 years ish. I am not including my other 4 years experience in my application.
cochtrane:

Yes, while using the CRS tool you only have the option of 3 years. Express entry, the platform on which they decide whether you should get an invitation to apply or not, has 3 years as maximum number of work experience years. This is where you create a profile.
However, you are applying as a Federal Skilled Worker. In that case, if you have 6 years work experience then you earn 4 more points than if you have 3 years experience. This is towards scoring 67 or more / 100. This is actually what determines your eligibility under the Federal skilled worker program.
People who are applying for the Federal Skilled Trades (another program entirely) also need to submit their application under express entry. So, express entry is like a platform for everyone. You get? They also have different requirements to meet under work experience. They need two years of work experience as minimum, unlike those in the FSW who need only 1 year experience.

This is why you need to take the eligibility test first. If you pass it with only 3 years of work experience, then you are good. Means you don't need the whole 6 years then. It's only 4 more points after all. 4 more points towards getting a 67/100; not 4 more CRS points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
Saintp:

I have a friend who organises an online class for IELTS/PTE listening. For now, it's free. If you are interested and there are up to 7 people, I'm pretty sure he can do something for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
GlitteringStar:

wink How the go dey go?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
Saintp:
Well, I understand where your concern stems from. At a point prior to my 1st attempt, I was tempted to ask if pen is allowed for the test grin.

To your question. The exam is paper based. For listening which comes first except in rare cases where it comes later, you'd all be given an infrared headphone, question paper and answer sheet. The listening audio is played from a central device but you only hear it through your headphone. So each test taker hears the tape individually. The headphone comes with volume control, you can adjust the volume to your comfort.

Reading comes next, you'd be given a booklet (question paper) where you have your passages and questions. No device, just paper. Answer sheet for reading is the back page of listening answer sheet. So, you have front page as listening answer sheet, back page as reading answer sheet. If your test starts with listening, your headphone will be collected during the reading test.

Writing follows, but your answer sheet which contains answers for both listening and reading is collected before writing starts. You'd then be given your writing question booklet and answer sheets - One sheet for task 1 and the other for task 2. The task is clearing written on the papers so you are to adhere strictly to using the right paper for the right task. The colours are different too, white and light brown. You are not to open the question paper till you're told to do so which most likely will be when every task taker has his question and answer sheets.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
GlitteringStar:
We dey try wink
*Clears throat* We're watching this space grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sexymj(f): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
thank you very much.

GlitteringStar:

You can request to know your visa office when your application status changes to "medical passed" and you've been assigned UCI number.

Cc: Kontagious

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Twinks20: 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hello,
I came across b.y mafit study center. They offer lectures on IELTS, ETC.I gave them a call and they said i can register for my IELTS with them plus the lectures fee which sums up to about 80k. Pls has anyone used or heard of them before?? Though they said I can pay at their office. Guys please I need your take on this.

http://www.gregmattoeflnigeria.com/ieltscentresinnigeria/

Byhisgraceid:

Thank you fir this clarification. The same thing has been confusing me. I have been checking crs which is the basis of ITA. Please at what point does FSW come in? Is it after you have been invited to apply ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Twinks20: 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I'm interested pls

cochtrane:

I have a friend who organises an online class for IELTS/PTE listening. For now, it's free. If you are interested and there are up to 7 people, I'm pretty sure he can do something for you guys.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
Dont burst the bubble yet... We are observing silently

Kontagious:

*Clears throat* We're watching this space grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
redocean:

I hail my people,

One will not necessarily know VIsa office after passing medicals. My application has been at CIO and i passed medicals on Sept19/20. I don't think it necessarily follows.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
MRSDA:

One will not necessarily know VIsa office after passing medicals. My application has been at CIO and i passed medicals on Sept19/20. I don't think it necessarily follows.

Did you send any mail to request for it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ultimate Goal

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.