Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511551 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
Good evening everyone, hope you all had a great day.
Well done to all the gurus who take out time to answer questions asked.

Please, concerning PCC... I live in badagry area of Lagos State, but I work as a lecturer in a university across the border in Cotonou. I cross the border almost every day to and from work. I have been doing this for Four years, but I have only passed a night in Cotonou.

Will I be required to produce a PCC for Benin Republic?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jumdah20: 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
[

Hello jumdah20,

@mamacajah, I don't think MPNP peeps many like that, but what do i know. Hope this helps someone

For you to get Manitoba nomination, you have to have ties in Manitoba. Either family ties sister, brother, parents, cousins or friends, the points you get for having family is higher than if you only have friends.

If you have family in other province(s), your score reduces by a 100.

You would have to proof your ties of kinship by showing birth certificates of yourself and your sponsor or assuming you're cousins, then you would have to show birth certificates or declaration of age for both your parents (NPC one), plus family pictures

You express your interest in the province my filling an EOI (expression of interest ) on their website. Just like express entry, they draw out of the pool at intervals, if you meet the cut off of a draw, you'll be asked to apply, kinda like getting ITA, you fill the plenty forms, submit language results, ECA, fees 500 cad (didn't pay during my time) ,bank sttm showing proof of funds for you or spouse, and complete short essays on why you chose Manitoba.

You submit, your sponsor is sent forms which he has to fill letting Manitoba know he would help you settle and the wait starts. They had backlogs before, which they promised to clear with the fees being collected, not sure if the processing time is shorter now, mine was 11 months.

For many months, status was just application submitted, later changed to pending for maybe 3 months, sponsor was interviewed, they had concerns that i have family in Alberta and may not want to stay in Manitoba, he tried to convince them. i was interviewed too, same concerns, i told them i would stay, nomination was a few days later.

We were asked to submit paper application, there's a straight forward guide and checklist to follow strictly.

Now we wait again

All the best
Show quoted text

.quote author=mamacajah post=61758150]@Jumdah20, @sammyengr, please assist to outline the steps for MPNP here so as not to derail the other thread. Thanks. grin[/quote]

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bambam4you: 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
I did my passport myself. I applied and paid online and went to passport office to submit application and for capturing. Passport was ready in 5 days from the day I went for capturing.

quote author=IAMCOMING post=61757489]Hello everyone, Please has anyone done his passport himself via their online portal and gotten his passport and how long did it take to......thanks [/quote]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
Rebarobyn:

That's new! I thought the infrared headphones cut across all centers. So what happens when people murmur or make a noise and you miss out on a part? Do they rewind? cheesy
Hehehe..... grin Nobody made a sound. In fact, that speaker must have been new. It was crystal clear almost like it was being played to an audience of one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
Bambam4you:
I did my passport myself. I applied and paid online and went to passport office to submit application and for capturing. Passport was ready in 5 days from the day I went for capturing.
Learning new things here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
Bambam4you:

quote author=IAMCOMING post=61757489]Hello everyone, Please has anyone done his passport himself via their online portal and gotten his passport and how long did it take to......thanks

Which passport office?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olajide21: 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
enocoded4life:

Please, concerning PCC... I live in badagry area of Lagos State, but I work as a lecturer in a university across the border in Cotonou. I cross the border almost every day to and from work. I have been doing this for Four years, but I have only passed a night in Cotonou.

Do you have Cotonou stamps on your international passport? If yes, you need a "made in cotonou PCC" if no, you never travel before be that hence you only need PCC from Alagbon.... wishing you the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olajide21: 6:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
Glowingx:
Actually, PCC from alagbon is the only recognised for this canada waka. So I guess we are being charged extra cost for TO and FRO sending to lag plus more hands need their cut. [color=#000099][/color] undecided

Hope the one you were given as Alagbon stamps?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
elfmann:

I wish we could.. Wife's ECA not ready till late November. She's d PA. So sad but it's OK.

So Elfmann is married....
Welcome to the
Association of married applicants
Association of we cannot be toasted and we can't toast u.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
Bambam4you:

quote author=IAMCOMING post=61757489]Hello everyone, Please has anyone done his passport himself via their online portal and gotten his passport and how long did it take to......thanks

what state
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bambam4you: 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ikoyi passport office but I belive it can be done by self at any other passport office. Just apply and pay online and make sure you go to the passport office with all the required document which is clearly started before payment is made. They would ask you at the passport office who your processing officer is and you would tell them yourself and they would guide you accordingly. I captured the day I went and they called me 5 days later that my passport was ready.

elfmann:

Which passport office?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nigeria is getting better...

Bambam4you:
Ikoyi passport office but I belive it can be done by self at any other passport office. Just apply and pay online and make sure you go to the passport office with all the required document which is clearly started before payment is made. They would ask you at the passport office who your processing officer is and you would tell them yourself and they would guide you accordingly. I captured the day I went and they called me 5 days later that my passport was ready.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by CannyMode: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2017
6 months on the 28th, still on NA2. undecided cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 25, 2017
Bambam4you:

Great.. So it cost u N17,500 right?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Did you send any mail to request for it?

Yes, twice :-)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hephgirl:

So Elfmann is married....
Welcome to the
Association of married applicants
Association of we cannot be toasted and we can't toast u.
Bwahahahaha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teeteelardey(f): 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
Good evening
I have a little issue please I need to pay for ICES ECA but the credit card i have cannot make international payments hence they keep sending me error mails
Please who can assist.i'll really appreciate it
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2017
CannyMode:
6 months on the 28th, still on NA2. undecided cry
28 of September? Contact them biko.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by abbeykun: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
omesanni:
Hi guys,

Also, I do not have any of my visa refusal letters any more as I trashed them and most of visa denials are from 6-12yrs ago. Now I would like to find out how I can navigate these steep waters given that I don't have tax clearance certificate and visa refusal letters. I did submit my salary account statement and payslips which shows my PAYE tax for each month back in June when I submitted my application.

As regards the visa refusal, Send an email to the UK embassy in naija. Stating the name on your passport, passport number and refusal reference number that was stamped on back page of your passport (most likely). You should get a feedback as regards that... No idea for the rest...new here (still reading hundreds of pages)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
teeteelardey:
Good evening
I have a little issue please I need to pay for ICES ECA but the credit card i have cannot make international payments hence they keep sending me error mails
Please who can assist.i'll really appreciate it
Thank you
If it is a dollar debit card, call them and pay over the phone if not and u want my assistance .. Pm me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bambam4you: 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
Yes 17500

elfmann:

Great.. So it cost u N17,500 right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by CannyMode: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
elfmann:

28 of September? Contact them biko.

28th October
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
area74:
Help is needed from the gurus in the house.

Can WES evaluate my professional certificate from the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers, Nigeria as an addition to my BSc.

I am almost through with the BSc evaluation.

Advice is urgently needed.

Thank you.
I don't think anyone has tried this. CIC suggests that you send ALL of your certificates as you never know which one may finally add to your profile.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
Bambam4you:

Yes 17500

Great stuff! I think that's where I will renew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by curiousme1: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
What website did you see and start the process?
Bambam4you:

Yes 17500

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
enocoded4life:

To cover all bases, it's advisable you get the PCC for Benin republic. You lose nothing by putting it in place.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
CannyMode:

28th October
Call them early November. Tweet at them.. FAX.. ANYTHING U CAN. Keep us in d loop as well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Patterns18: 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2017
enocoded4life:

Lets consider this, then you decide appropriately..

1. Did you get stamps on your passport for everytime you crossed the border ? PCC will be required if Yes.

2. Working in Benin for 4 years, I presume you intend to
add that to you work history? How can you prove that without 1• above? If you can, you still have clearly showed you stayed in the country for over 6 months ...

...The above is only suggestive, you will have to decide.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
Feygbe:

Interesting! I didn't know this. Where I did my IELTS, a DVD player was placed in front of the class. It was adjusted accordingly till everyone could hear clearly and then the listening section started. No headphones. Speaking test was also conducted same day.

Please what centre was this? I do hope this does not occur in my centre (Abeokuta) this Saturday oo.

In another news, Speaking module is out of the way.. OMG, I just trust God for the best outcome. I know I impressed the Ghanaian lady at some point but at another, I could see the expression on her face...he has muddled it up there..lolz. Come to think of it. Them no dey use Nigerians abi na so them no trust US?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2017
olajide21:

Do you have Cotonou stamps on your international passport? If yes, you need a "made in cotonou PCC" if no, you never travel before be that hence you only need PCC from Alagbon.... wishing you the best.

I don't have a Cotonou stamp on my passport, I have my ID card and that's all I need to cross the border. Lots of people work across the border so an official ID card suffices.
Thanks for the response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
Blackbuddy:

To cover all bases, it's advisable you get the PCC for Benin republic. You lose nothing by putting it in place.

Thank you sir for your response, I will get the PCC from Benin Republic.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.