Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1512349 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by gracelevel: 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hello house
please has anyone here processed UniAbuja transcript ? abeg help with how you went about it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
abbeykun:

From cic site, "If your passport expires within six months from the day you apply, you should renew it. Then, update your passport information in your application. This will make sure it is valid when we process your application.".

I think this means you Can, but should update post ITA if you get ITA before passport comes out, or update your records before ITA.

Summary is you should have the new passport details before submitting post ITA as this is when processing of your application commences.

OK thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
babahameedah:

My brother! your response actually helped me.

Please for someone who has Pension fund which is half of the money that is going to be declared, Does that work?

Regards.

You can use your pension fund but only 25% of the total sum as that is what will be available to you at once after retirement or four months out of work.

Only 25% of your pension fund can be used sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
boldinc:
Did you falsify any documents you presented to the Visa Officer?

Hi boldinc, no I wasn't asked for any documents. But a friend in the US had earlier applied for a diversity visa for me using another country of birth instead of Nigeria where I was born, without my knowledge. When I got shortlisted in the lottery, he contacted me and asked me to find a way of getting the country's passport and documents which I declined as I wasn't aware that was what he had claimed in the visa lottery application. It came as a surprise to me when I was asked about the diversity visa application during my US visitor's visa interview. The visa officer refused to listen to my explanations about being unaware of the application my friend in the US made on my behalf, and said I misrepresented myself as the visa lottery application was filled with another country of birth...so much for friends!

Please do you have any idea on the impact of US visa denials on the Canadian PR application?

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Sugaro: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
Kontagious:

Hello Sir/Ma,

You worry too much, like Elfmann will say... Your worry get muscle!

Just to clear you, there's a section called personal history - this section applies to you and your spouse - where you have to fill in activities (education, employment, etc) for the past ten years. I am certain your spouse work history will be captured under this section regardless of your answer to him/her having work history. So, you application will still show your spouse worked or still working thereby justifying the money coming from him/her.

Please relax ehn.
lol, e reach to get muscle na. Thank U so much, clarified.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2017
Listrab110:

Hi boldinc, no I wasn't asked for any documents. But a friend in the US had earlier applied for a diversity visa for me using another country of birth instead of Nigeria where I was born, without my knowledge. When I got shortlisted in the lottery, he contacted me and asked me to find a way of getting the country's passport and documents which I declined as I wasn't aware that was what he had claimed in the visa lottery application. It came as a surprise to me when I was asked about the diversity visa application during my US visitor's visa interview. The visa officer refused to listen to my explanations about being unaware of the application my friend in the US made on my behalf, and said I misrepresented myself as the visa lottery application was filled with another country of birth...so much for friends!

Please do you have any idea on the impact of US visa denials on the Canadian PR application?

Thanks!

Wawu.

For me, the more important issue here is if CIC would also have access to the database that the US Consular Officials obtained this information from. If they do then I think that you have an issue.

Have you asked your friend to withdraw the diversity visa application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
Wow! It's likely you have a gotten ban... I believe Canada and US share info and once you declare your refusal as you should during your application, they might investigate. Plus you would be asked by you were denied... I do not know what imact this could have on your application.

Wish you all the best!

Listrab110:

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ferfer(m): 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
wale006:
Hello my people,

I greet you all o, pls has anyone done ECA with FUTA (Akure)?

Any tip on how to speed up the transcript and school response?

Thanks.

Yes , I have, masters. Send a pm ...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2017
boldinc:
Wow! It's likely you have a gotten ban... I believe Canada and US share info and once you declare your refusal as you should during your application, they might investigate. Plus you would be asked by you were denied... I do not know what imact this could have on your application.

Wish you all the best!

Oh yes, I sure can't avoid declaring the refusals and the reason for the denials. Thanks a lot for your time!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
geebaby10:

Wawu.

For me, the more important issue here is if CIC would also have access to the database that the US Consular Officials obtained this information from. If they do then I think that you have an issue.

Have you asked your friend to withdraw the diversity visa application?

Yes, I can imagine! The application was a few years ago, I'm sure the file is closed already. Many thanks for your time!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by talk2jt(f): 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hi guys,

I need to ask a question. When I was filling my EE profile, I only put the work experience I claimed points for. I was told post ITA, I will have to list all the places I have worked in the last 10years. Does this mean I have to get a reference letter from all of them? I haven't gotten ITA yet but I'm trying to put all my documents together. Thanks a lot guys.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekchic(f): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hi,
You won't get a mail but when you click on 'Documents' and 'Medical degree or diploma' your status will read SENT FOR SOURCE VERIFICATION.
All the best

Obi1conte:
Hello all

Please a question for doctors here and those who have passed through, does one get a mail on their mcc portal from ECFMG notifying that ones document has being sent to issuing institution for source verification?
Mine seems to have being on hold since last week after canada medical council identification number was issued.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
I guess you can give it a shot then... You will have room in your application to explain yourself adequately.

All the best!

Listrab110:

Oh yes, I sure can't avoid declaring the refusals and the reason for the denials. Thanks a lot for your time!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
How long ago? They usually ban people for 5 years...

Listrab110:

Yes, I can imagine! The application was a few years ago, I'm sure the file is closed already. Many thanks for your time!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
Obi1conte:
Hello all

Please a question for doctors here and those who have passed through, does one get a mail on their mcc portal from ECFMG notifying that ones document has being sent to issuing institution for source verification?
Mine seems to have being on hold since last week after canada medical council identification number was issued.

yes you get a mail in your physicians apply account. you can also check the status of your documents and it will indicate if it has been sent for source verification
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
boldinc:
I guess you can give it a shot then... You will have room in your application to explain yourself adequately.

All the best!

Yeah, I'll commence by next year, the application was 4 years ago though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by gracelevel: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
I think it's now 50% from Dec 1st
Aig84:

You can use your pension fund but only 25% of the total sum as that is what will be available to you at once after retirement or four months out of work.

Only 25% of your pension fund can be used sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Naturalized(m): 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
miliicarter:

I was a student in the UK, towards the end of my program I wanted to visit Spain , I was denied. Since then my status has changed, I got married, I and my spouse applied for the Us Visa and travelled alone and returned. I also renewed my US visa recently.

Thanks for this information. I think you are consistent enough and your getting ADR shows they need clarification (or as the case may be stronger proof of eligibility). Since you have other documents requested such as you and your spouse's passport and all, then the problem isn't so much your data as my check as you or i may think.

I read you have gotten some .xls format documents showing past payments, this should suffice with a letter of explanation as to why you didn't include or use the job to get into the pool in the first place.

Apologies for any typos and all the best with your Application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by adaifx: 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
Please how long will it take nipost to send a parcel to WES office
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
Forever grin just kidding max of 15 working days if you register it. Nipost is somehow more effective than Royal mail.
adaifx:
Please how long will it take nipost to send a parcel to WES office

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Obi1conte: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
[

Thanks
quote author=Ethelia post=62616277]

yes you get a mail in your physicians apply account. you can also check the status of your documents and it will indicate if it has been sent for source verification [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekchic(f): 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
Register it, How do you mean please, how much did you pay to send your certificate to WES using NIPOST? I sent mine since last month, it's over 20 working days and my profile still says 'awaiting documents' but I only paid 450naira so I can't really complain.

funshobabs:
Forever grin just kidding max of 15 working days if you register it. Nipost is somehow more effective than Royal mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Obi1conte: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
Thanks

Ethelia:

yes you get a mail in your physicians apply account. you can also check the status of your documents and it will indicate if it has been sent for source verification
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jesunferanmi: 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hi, Please I seriously need help with my transcript application at Unilag. Can you please inbox me to discuss better? Thank you. Much appreciated!
Ehimen100:

thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Obi1conte: 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
Thanks so very much for the clarification

quote author=sleekchic post=62616195]Hi,
You won't get a mail but when you click on 'Documents' and 'Medical degree or diploma' your status will read SENT FOR SOURCE VERIFICATION.
All the best

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hello People, in the section where they asked about Visa refusals and one answers yes and puts in the country that refused the visa application. Do you go ahead to put in details of why you were refused at this stage or theres another space for that after submitting your application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Macy4real200: 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
Good evening house, pls I need ur help. Am creating my WES profile and they asked me to include my secondary and first degree info. Meanwhile is only my MBA I intend sending for assessment. Should I fill in only my MBA data or I can fill in from secondary education, degree education then my masters but just send only MBA transcript. Also, do they accept notification of result as my certificate is not ready yet. Awaiting ur responses. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by pampem: 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
Macy4real200:
Good evening house, pls I need ur help. Am creating my WES profile and they asked me to include my secondary and first degree info. Meanwhile is only my MBA I intend sending for assessment. Should I fill in only my MBA data or I can fill in from secondary education, degree education then my masters but just send only MBA transcript. Also, do they accept notification of result as my certificate is not ready yet. Awaiting ur responses. Thanks
Fill Masters only
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cheapphones: 5:29pm On Nov 22, 2017
sleekchic:
Register it, How do you mean please, how much did you pay to send your certificate to WES using NIPOST? I sent mine since last month, it's over 20 working days and my profile still says 'awaiting documents' but I only paid 450naira so I can't really complain.

Save yourself the wait and fax your certificate to Wes, see picture attached for their fax number. They'll get it almost immediately, use hellofax for free fax services.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Boss13: 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
Listrab110:
Hello guys,

Please I'm new here and really need your advice. I intend applying for this express entry program, but wanted to find out if US visa denials affect one's chances of securing the Canadian immigrant visa and PR. I've been refused a US visit visa twice now, and after the second US visa interview, the consular officer said to me "you wouldn't be going to the US in a loooonngg time", and then passed me the normal 214b blue visa denial document. Please does anyone know about the effects of US Visa denials on the express entry application so I can know what step to take next?

Many thanks!

Hmm there is no harm in trying. However, your application will be highly scrunitzied. Just indicate you have been denied a visa and state the reasons why you were denied a visa. I read somewhere where your friend applied for a diversity visa for you. I think you need to play around words when you are explaining, because stating that your friend used a different country to apply is not a substantial reason. Even me don’t believe your story.

Anyways I wish you all the best of luck. Give it a shot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by holameyde: 6:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
Good day peeps,

Kudos to y'all for all ur advices and comments....if not 4 God and una...plenty pple 4 don lost....

Btw i want to ask if ontario is no longer nominating...stayin on 435 can be frustrating...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ofei(m): 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hi

Please can i use a Different NOC code on my EE profile and another on my MPNP?

On my EE, its purchasing officer, 1225 while for manitoba PMP no purchasing officer but supply chain supervisor 1215. They both have similar job roles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.