Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (47932 Views)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / 2000-Year-Old Ritual Bath Found In Gethsemane Where Jesus Spent Final Night (Pix / Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by 0079jaBond(m): 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
How can you relate this scriptural parable to a lame asoebi clothing? Gosh! I don't even know what to call you
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by GuntersChain(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
what goes into a man does not make him unclean but what comes out from his heart.
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by Funkybabee(f): 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
PrecisionFx:

""The word Aso Ebi originated from the Yoruba tribe of Nigeria but now practiced by other African countries where they are also called Asoebi""

Oga u people have started lying again abi

I don't really sure if other African country are practicing it or not
But you can't denied the origin of that language bro
Even your east sister cannot denied this
Aso-ebi
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2017
Funkybabee:

I don't really sure if other African country are practicing it or not But you can't denied the origin of that language bro Even your east sister cannot denied this Aso-ebi

Reread my statement nne.
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by Funkybabee(f): 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
chibowobbed:
well, I don't believe it originated from yoruba, in my place what we say is "ashebi" and it's from the English line "l shall be" that's, I shall be like you.
mainly adressed to a group of girls organised by a bride during her traditional marriage.
?

You too know what you said now is not relevant!!!!!!I shall be lol....
So that is how they are going to match I shall be to make ashebi hmmmmmmmm bro tiro gbosa for you

Ask your sister what language is that
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by Bsc(m): 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
chibowobbed:
well, I don't believe it originated from yoruba, in my place what we say is "ashebi" and it's from the English line "l shall be" that's, I shall be like you.
mainly adressed to a group of girls organised by a bride during her traditional marriage.
I think you are right .. Most of the ashebis are single ladies... Exactly
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by Elnida: 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
chibowobbed:
mainly adressed to a group of girls organised by
a bride during her traditional marriage.

must everything originate from the whites.
Be proud of your colour.
modern day enslavement
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by judgedredd22(m): 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
Rossikki:

Actually no, it's YOU that's stupid.

You and the other ignorant dolts here that are insulting the OP.

The fact is that the OP has a VERY VALID BASIS for suggesting that Aso Ebi could very well be linked to a very ancient custom that was practiced by some ancient Africans who DID live in the ancient Middle East.

The reason people like you are so resistant to the idea is because you have images if your FAKE WHITE JESUS plastered all over your churches and your heads, even though the bible is very clear that 'Jesus' had ''hair like lamb's wool, and feet like burnt brass'' - AS CLEAR A DESCRIPTION OF A BLACK MAN AS IS POSSIBLE.

So please do not insult the OP just because you have been colonised and brainwashed into associating the bible with the ''white man''.

THE OP IS CLOSER TO THE TRUTH THAN YOU CAN EVER BE IN A MILLION YEARS.

Nonsense....

Do you realise that there are specific old testament biblical practices which Igbos for instance, perform today? For instance, the old testament instructs that when gathering crops in a harvest, you must never return to collect the crops left over by mistake. They must be left for the poor who are searching for food. Do you know that traditional Igbos practice that very custom today? How the hell do you explain that?

Instead of you to go and study the clear linkages, and know your history, you are too busy worshiping white people and bleaching your skins and hating yourselves. Fcking goats.

Let me hear anybody attack the OP again and you will know that khaki is not leather. Umu anuofia!!

you are a recalcitrant dolt for daring to put words in my lane! read through the drivel you spat up there and ask yourself if you made anything close to sense. People are talking reasonably you are busy spewing brain farts.Next time when people that have actual ideas about a topic are speaking, hide under your rusty bushel and observe with your timid and underdeveloped faculty, you might just learn something.
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by Easynexx(m): 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
Dnockeror333:
Matthew 13:13 came hitting home:

You tried anyway. You don't understand it well!

That parrable mean the gathering of those who love Him alike, those who are called according to His purpose, those who are righteous alike, those who are holy alike. Those who are His saints! These are those to whom the parable refers to not ASO-EBI! And when there was a sinner in their mist, the Master commanded His servants "throw this man into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth...!"

For, hearing, they would not hear nor understand ... this was why he spoke in PARRABLE!

Can you see...?

Thanks.

I am not with this but I stand to correct you on what you said. What you said was what our Sunday school teachers teaches us then in Sunday schools. The verse can be translated into many meaning because it is the holy spirit that translate THE WORD and it can have diverse meaning.
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by Dnockeror333(m): 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
grandstar:

This topic makes no sense at all.

Being righteous over much makes no sense
YES, IT DOES'NT! But the righteousness of the invited guest was to love the righteousness of the Inviter, the Bride.

What are they? Their righteousness are like rags, if not that they'd been coverd by the Rugged and Holy Blood "we would have been like those who dream while in pangs!- JOB'

The geusts themselves are the Bride, and within them the Bridegrom found an unseeming man wearing no `wedding gown' and out into outerdarkness, crying and gnashing of teeth he was commanded to be thrown! The man was an embodiment or dipiction of sin, the sinners, "he who sins shall die!"

Goodnight sibling'(s) in these world. May we justly arrive at the Gate of God.
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by NewLola(f): 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
Read the scriptures clearly....nor be asoebi o “When the king entered and looked over the scene, he spotted a man who wasn’t properly dressed. He said to him, ‘Friend, how dare you come in here looking like that!’ The man was speechless. Then the king told his servants, ‘Get him out of here—fast. Tie him up and ship him to hell. And make sure he doesn’t get back in.’
Matthew 22:11‭-‬13 MSG
http://bible.com/97/mat.22.11-13.MSG
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by SURElee(f): 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
The way I hate this aso ebi eh! Little wonder after aso ebi have been bought, some guests scamper for food, drinks and souvenirs as they feel they are entitled to it since they paid for aso ebi, another annoying thing is the way the host look out for aso ebi wearing guests to to serve food and souvenir. I would love an event where I can identify guests based on their cultures depicted by their dressing not by aso ebi dictates.
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by KingdomofGOD: 9:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
Dnockeror333:
Matthew 13:13 came hitting home:

You tried anyway. You don't understand it well!

That parrable mean the gathering of those who love Him alike, those who are called according to His purpose, those who are righteous alike, those who are holy alike. Those who are His saints! These are those to whom the parable refers to not ASO-EBI! And when there was a sinner in their mist, the Master commanded His servants "throw this man into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth...!"

For, hearing, they would not hear nor understand ... this was why he spoke in PARRABLE!

Can you see...?

Thanks.

Yea. We know that it was a proverb but Jesus actually told about the then marriage tradition, which according to the Scripture above endorses Aso-ebi.
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by Dnockeror333(m): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
KingdomofGOD:

Yea. We know that it was a proverb but Jesus actually told about the then marriage tradition, which according to the Scripture above endorses Aso-ebi.

...because we are flesh we look at the physicality of words. You are looking at the physical angle and I at the Spiritual angle.
Its written ":::::" "...`be born of the Spirit that you may be like blowing wind!'..."
"Explaining things from out of this world perspective are not always acceptable to men of flesh!"

Goodnight.
Re: Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? by ayokellany: 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
Narldon:

Okay.

Please, I would like to apply to become a Nairaland Moderator?

You are kidding right ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Phillip Frimpong Proposed To Carrisa Sharon Oyakhilome By Kneeling Down For Her / "How Pastor Adeboye's Prayer Aided The Arrest Of Evans, The Notorious Kidnapper" / Could It Be Spirit Husband Or My Ex After My Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.