Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? (27606 Views)

Delta Police Arrest Young Lady With Pistol, Stolen Phones & Drugs / "How N37k Was Debited From My Bank Account Through My Stolen Phone" (Photos) / How We Extract Bank Details From Stolen Phones To Withdraw Money —suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by patola080(m): 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
Stevengerd:
Am begging you. pls stay off my mention.
and u too
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by kadree(m): 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2017
Lolz. @OP. No b jazz. I tot it was when dos guyz came in to my friend's apartment I spent the night at and went away with our phones, laptops, wallets and other valuables.
That day, I was unusually deeply asleep (Dat kind sleep wey u go dey experience nightmare) not knowing say na white powder send me deeply asleep. Till dem go uproot the house, carry am go, u no go know. Lolz.
Just be grateful u weren't hurt.... Was told dats what dose badoo guyz uses.
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by patola080(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2017
Yes u re right(quote author=whirlwind7 post=60058212]Now, that's weird.

They broke down your door, and the noise wasn't enough to wake you?
Or you forgot to lock up?
Do you live in a bungalow or on the ground floor without window and door burglary protectors? You didn't say any of these.
If its been three weeks without much effort on your part at locating your stolen properties, then I'm going to assume you have already come to terms that they are gone for good, and you have moved on.

I once heard about such an incident, and the victim insisted that the thieves administered agents such as chloroform through his window to put him into deep sleep before they broke in and carted away his properties.[/quote]
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Homeboiy: 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2017
vchykp:
on system?..
yes

1 Like

Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 02, 2017
GideonIdaboh:
Hello Nairalanders,

Already 3 weeks today, my house was burgled while I was fast asleep (most people say Na jazz) . To my utmost dismay, I woke up to realize that my newly bought smart TV of not more Dan 2weeks old was carted away by the unknown men along side my phones and some money.

I was told I could use the IMEI of one of the phones to track other items stolen but I don't just know how. I have reported to the NPF but I haven't heard anything from them yet. To the ICT gurus in the house, Pls is there anything I can do from my own part Pls?

Go to Samsung office n ask them about how to track phones
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by msylva2147(m): 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2017
Foxyn:
pls can u help me with the person's contact that helped u track the phone?

Pls
I only went to the police station in yola and reported and I also gave them the imei number with 5k. I advise you go to the station close to you and try to sort the person in charge and also try and get his contact I believe within two months or less you will recover your phone. it will be easier to track down the person if he is within your state because they will go to the place in question by themselves but if it is outside the state they will have to liaise with the nearest police station to carry out the arrest.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by GideonIdaboh(f): 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2017
Booyakasha:

Contact this guy.. he's an IT professional: 08073850135
Thanks so much
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by GideonIdaboh(f): 3:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
heritage2009:
Post it here with ur email address
generallazgidy@gmail.com
Infinix X509
That's the IMEI and model of one of the phones. That's the only one I know. I believe if this can be tracked, it may lead me to other stolen items. Thanks
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by 3kay945(m): 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2017
Hope these imei have not been used by those cheat guys.. Don't go arrest innocent guys o

1 Like

Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Beryl007: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2017
tomstories:
With d imei i guess
F**kng scam data plans
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Immacula8(m): 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
If service providers in Nigeria maintains EIR Equipment Identity Register then you may be lucky.

Contact your service provider if the IMEI has been used with another SIM card.

From the SIM card details employ social engineering and wack the clown.

My 2 cents!
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Youngsage: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2017
vchykp:

hmm.. this is the first time am hearing a fone imei can be changed, abi u dey wine us??
chisos! lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Konquest: 7:35am On Jan 26, 2018
For Android phones (and tablets, for that matter), Google created a Find My Device utility (google.com/android/find). If your phone is connected to the Internet and the thief has not logged out of your account yet, this tool can help you track the phone. Additionally, you can remotely wipe all the data from your phone or trigger a sound alarm. You have to act fast though, before the perpetrator get the opportunity to log out of your account. If you do not act fast enough, there is a last resort option of checking out the last location your phone has been seen at. Go to Google Maps and select the ‘Your Timeline’ option. There, you can see all the places you have ever been to, including the last place your phone has been used. That might narrow the search area down to a single district.

iOS devices Apple has also thought of those people who misplaced their phones.
Their utility is called ‘Find My IPhone’. With it, you can lock your phone and track its location, as well as erase all the data remotely. Even if your phone has been switched off, any of these actions will work as soon as it is turned back on. You can also tick the box that says Notify Me When Found to receive a notification for when you phone has been switched back on again. As with the Android devices, it will only work if your iCloud account is still active on your phone.
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
"Find My Device" formerly Android Device Manager... grin
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Awani007(m): 12:35am On Nov 06, 2019
micflo28:
Take your imei to SARS with other tracking details, they will track them down and return to you either with their corpses or them half dead.

How much is the cost?
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by seelawd(m): 2:08am On Nov 06, 2019
contact 08037111012 he helped me track mine some time ago
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Just2endowed2(m): 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2019
seelawd:
contact 08037111012 he helped me track mine some time ago

how much
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Golden1982(f): 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
Just2endowed2:

how much
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Pat081: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2019
GideonIdaboh:
Hello Nairalanders,

Already 3 weeks today, my house was burgled while I was fast asleep (most people say Na jazz) . To my utmost dismay, I woke up to realize that my newly bought smart TV of not more Dan 2weeks old was carted away by the unknown men along side my phones and some money.

I was told I could use the IMEI of one of the phones to track other items stolen but I don't just know how. I have reported to the NPF but I haven't heard anything from them yet. To the ICT gurus in the house, Pls is there anything I can do from my own part Pls?

If they have not changed the IMEI number go to DSS office they will get everything for you am very sure of that. Police are just going to be taking money from u only
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Just2endowed2(m): 11:41am On Nov 24, 2019
Pat081:
If they have not changed the IMEI number go to DSS office they will get everything for you am very sure of that. Police are just going to be taking money from u only

Have you been there before? Their office in Lagos?
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by Pat081: 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
Just2endowed2:

Have you been there before? Their office in Lagos?
no but they have help a friend in osun state
Re: How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? by nicho450(m): 8:57am On Aug 28, 2022
msylva2147:
I only went to the police station in yola and reported and I also gave them the imei number with 5k. I advise you go to the station close to you and try to sort the person in charge and also try and get his contact I believe within two months or less you will recover your phone. it will be easier to track down the person if he is within your state because they will go to the place in question by themselves but if it is outside the state they will have to liaise with the nearest police station to carry out the arrest.

Hi boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jewellery Thief Exposed After She Tried To Rob A House In Lagos / #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten / Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.