Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (2251 Views)

Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Talk2Bella(f): 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2017
I have always been spiritual than religious, i believe God is an entity who cannot be reached through a single source, he's like a firm rooted tree with sprouted branches. We all say we worship same God then why do we feel our religion is the only and direct source to him?

Recently my neighbor came to preach to me, he's been on my neck ever since i told him i wasn't religious and wouldn't attend his church. The day he came to preach we argued and argued, i told him God cannot be worshiped through a single source, if you invite me to a mosque i will attend, if you invite me to an Osun festival i will attend i don't have to attend a church because i am seeking God.

I told him God gave us freewill to think, he gave us scientists and doctors and plastic surgeons, he gave us pharmacists and medicines, he wanted us to know there was more to him that's why we discovered other universes, thats why we can clone a human thats why we ca do IVF, thats why we can do inter sex change and etc.

I reminded him that Christians see Muslims as unbelievers and Muslims see Christians as infidels, none of them are right of course but what do they know. He told me to repent that hell is real, i told him i have seen hell, i have seen the rapture more times than i can count, i told him not to believe everything he read in the bible as it was written by human beings like us, he got up looked at me and said "Na God hand u de" lol.

Now back to my question, i get fascinated when people speak in tongue, in some churches if you don't speak in tongues u never belong, i had a flatmate in my hundred level then who stays with her boyfriend, after dem nack finish you go hear her then speak in tongue lol.

During the halleluyah challenge, i was praying, crying, in spirit, whenever i pray to God i cry, because i feel his awesomeness through me, even when im singing praises, during this time i was praying i found myself speaking a language i do not understand, i was scared so i stopped lest i blasphemed, i continued praying and it started again, but i couldn't understand what i was saying so i stopped again.

Dear christians, when you speak in tongues do you understand what you're talking about? i thought some people were gifted with interpreting this speaking in tongues while others spake it? how come we have less interpreters and more speakers?

Isabella Ibeji

Mynd44

Lalasticlala

http://www.talk2bella.com/2017/08/do-people-who-speak-in-tongues-fake-it.html

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by sampatdikachi(m): 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2017
God understands the language grin
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
Talk2Bella:
I have always been spiritual than religious, i believe God is an entity who cannot be reached through a single source, he's like a firm rooted tree with sprouted branches. We all say we worship same God then why do we feel our religion is the only and direct source to him?

Recently my neighbor came to preach to me, he's been on my neck ever since i told him i wasn't religious and wouldn't attend his church. The day he came to preach we argued and argued, i told him God cannot be worshiped through a single source, if you invite me to a mosque i will attend, if you invite me to an Osun festival i will attend i don't have to attend a church because i am seeking God.

I told him God gave us freewill to think, he gave us scientists and doctors and plastic surgeons, he gave us pharmacists and medicines, he wanted us to know there was more to him that's why we discovered other universes, thats why we can clone a human thats why we ca do IVF, thats why we can do inter sex change and etc.

I reminded him that Christians see Muslims as unbelievers and Muslims see Christians as infidels, none of them are right of course but what do they know. He told me to repent that hell is real, i told him i have seen hell, i have seen the rapture more times than i can count, i told him not to believe everything he read in the bible as it was written by human beings like us, he got up looked at me and said "Na God hand u de" lol.

Now back to my question, i get fascinated when people speak in tongue, in some churches if you don't speak in tongues u never belong, i had a flatmate in my hundred level then who stays with her boyfriend, after dem nack finish you go hear her then speak in tongue lol.

During the halleluyah challenge, i was praying, crying, in spirit, whenever i pray to God i cry, because i feel his awesomeness through me, even when im singing praises, during this time i was praying i found myself speaking a language i do not understand, i was scared so i stopped lest i blasphemed, i continued praying and it started again, but i couldn't understand what i was saying so i stopped again.

Dear christians, when you speak in tongues do you understand what you're talking about? i thought some people were gifted with interpreting this speaking in tongues while others spake it? how come we have less interpreters and more speakers?

Isabella Ibeji

Mynd44

Lalasticlala

Yes we have less interpreters because it all boils down to man. If man decides in his heart he wants to interpretation of tongues, he will get it so the ball is at the court of man.mind you it's a natural gift from Yahweh nothing something that can be faked.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by DePartfinder: 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
Some understand it while some fake it.

Here's my proof

I have this girl back in the days, am a Muslim, this girl ain't and we use to hangout together plus she's a twin. We went on a trip with some students. On this faithful day, we are planning a small birthday party, night before the "day", this spirit entered into her and started speaking in tongues. Nobody understands what she was saying, so I quickly suggest we put a call through to her father cos he's a pastor. We draw the phone close to her for her father to hear what she was uttering. To all our surprise, her father said we are trying to do a party which involves some people coming to join us and there is going to be an accident which might involved life. Damn! that's exactly what we planned. Meanwhile, have been with this chick all day, no call was received especially from her father.

I didn't believe speaking in tongues were actually real until that day

3 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by thesicilian: 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
We do not fake it. We speak in tongues because we believe in it and it is a language of the spiritual. Hence man cannot understand it, at times we cannot even understand it ourselves, for speaking in tongues is not usually for the benefit of those around, but rather to build you up spiritually, communicate with God, amongst other reasons.

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by brandonobi(m): 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2017
I know people who say, they learn their in their church, they actually have lessons on this (spiritual language(finger quotes intended)), some I've heard just keep repeating the same thing over and over again, some just enter battle mode and start with diff. Kinds of blablabla that u wonder if different blablas mean one word. Eg. Ribi yobo robe, robo sambaribo, aya lele raba etc all mean the same thing, u know wen u pray, u say some things severally along the line, but those battle blablablas just go on and on with diff. new blablas grin grin grin
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Talk2Bella(f): 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2017
DePartfinder:
Some understand it while some fake it.

Here's my proof

I have this girl back in the days, am a Muslim, this girl ain't and we use to hangout together plus she's a twin. We went on a trip with some students. On this faithful day, we are planning a small birthday party, night before the "day", this spirit entered into her and started speaking in tongues. Nobody understands what she was saying, so I quickly suggest we put a call through to her father cos he's a pastor. We draw the phone close to her for her father to hear what she was uttering. To all our surprise, her father said we are trying to do a party which involves some people coming to join us and there is going to be an accident which might involved life. Damn! that's exactly what we planned. Meanwhile, have been with this chick all day, no call was received especially from her father.

I didn't believe speaking in tongues were actually real until that day

so she saw a vision?
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by DePartfinder: 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
Talk2Bella:

so she saw a vision?
it's complicated.... but something like that
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by lollytk(f): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
DePartfinder:

it's complicated.... but something like that
maybe they are celestial or cherubim members, they are d ones that speak in tongues and someone else understand and interprets.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by DePartfinder: 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
lollytk:
maybe they are celestial or cherubim members, they are d ones that speak in tongues and someone else understand and interprets.

Exactly.... she used to wore a with garment with no shoe/slippers
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Talk2Bella(f): 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
DePartfinder:

Exactly.... she used to wore a with garment with no shoe/slippers
they have different types of speaking in tongues?
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by RexEmmyGee: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
Some fake it because they want to feel among when there neighbor in the church or any gathering starts speaking. But biblically, speaking in tongues is one of the gifts of the spirit
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by NPComplete: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
thesicilian:
We do not fake it. We speak in tongues because we believe in it and it is a language of the spiritual. Hence man cannot understand it, at times we cannot even understand it ourselves, for speaking in tongues is not usually for the benefit of those around, but rather to build you up spiritually, communicate with God, amongst other reasons.

Bullfuckingshit. Obviously u have been reading your bible upsidedown. People who spoke in tongues in the bible were understood by other people speaking the language. It was a physical language. Keep speaking your rubbish shekeroboroboshikishaka and be calling it tongues. You can only deceive yourself. Clowns called modern Christians.

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Talk2Bella(f): 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
thesicilian:

if man cannot understand it how does man know he ain't saying rubbish? in the old days others spake and others interpreted
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by uboma(m): 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2017
Talk2Bella:

if man cannot understand it how does man know he ain't saying rubbish? in the old days others spake and others interpreted

You are on point my dear.

Speaking in tongues is same as preaching the word of God in different languages so others can benefit from the word of God being preached and repent.

today no one understands the jargon coming out from those who claim to speak in tongues.

if people around you cannot understand Jack from your speaking in tongues, then of what value is it?

I no longer take those who claim to speak in tongues serious these days. I simply ignore them....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by DePartfinder: 9:54pm On Aug 20, 2017
Talk2Bella:

they have different types of speaking in tongues?
That, I cannot say cos I have no idea how they even know that language
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Talk2Bella(f): 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
uboma:

You are on point my dear.

Speaking in tongues is same as preaching the word of God in different languages so others can benefit from the word of God being preached and repent.

today no one understands the jargon coming out from those who claim to speak in tongues.

if people around you cannot understand Jack from your speaking in tongues, then of what value is it?

I no longer take those who claim to speak in tongues serious these days. I simply ignore them....

exactly
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by McSterling(m): 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
It's all gibberish. Glossolalia.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by michaelwestern(m): 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
NPComplete:

Bullfuckingshit. Obviously u have been reading your bible upsidedown. People who spoke in tongues in the bible were understood by other people speaking the language. It was a physical language. Keep speaking your rubbish shekeroboroboshikishaka and be calling it tongues. You can only deceive yourself. Clowns called modern Christians.

1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1Co 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself;

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in anunknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

There are times when speaking in tongues is just personal prayers to God through the Holy Spirit.

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holyfaith, praying in the Holy Ghost.

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by monex(m): 11:48am On Nov 23, 2017
michaelwestern:

1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in anunknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

There are times when speaking in tongues is just personal prayers to God through the Holy Spirit.

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holyfaith, praying in the Holy Ghost.

the below is the context of 1st Corinthians 14. you must not read it in isolation:

For the one who speaks in a tongue [to an audience unfamiliar with his language], is not speaking to men [in any meaningful way], but to God [since only God would be able to know what was being said]; for no one [in this audience] would understand, but in his spirit he [the speaker] would be speaking mysteries [that which could not be understood due to the language barrier] to his alien audience.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/692-what-are-the-so-called-mystery-tongues-of-1-corinthians-14

it is still other (foreign) tongues and not some mystery language that does not exist on earth

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Maamin(m): 12:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
michaelwestern:

Can you differentiate between "Holy Spirit" And "Holy Ghost"?

Cause I believe they are not the same. undecided
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by OtemSapien: 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Some fake it
Some actually excited themselves to that kind of realm the drunkards get excited to, then words come out of their mouths at random.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by connectikut89(m): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
michaelwestern:

For starters, the word "unknown" does not appear in the original Greek manuscripts. Recent English versions of the bible have corrected this error so you won't find "unknown" or "heavenly", it's just tongues. Thus, it is not an unknown language but one that exists on earth but miraculously never learnt by the speaker. Acts 2:4-12

Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:27-28 guides on how we should conduct our services with regards to speaking in tongues and says tongue speakers should keep quiet if there's no interpreter. It's quite simple; No interpreter, no tongues. How many of our churches adhere to this?
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by OttoKorrect: 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by sonofluc1fer: 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
thesicilian:
We do not fake it. We speak in tongues because we believe in it and it is a language of the spiritual. Hence man cannot understand it, a.
Repeating meaningless words and phrases that aren't intelligible to you or others.. That's insanity, not spirituality.

Language of the spiritual? Lwtmb. cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Sirakj(m): 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
Get this book 'tongue,beyond the upper room by Kenneth E. Hagen.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by godwinstringed1(m): 10:55pm On Feb 28, 2019
Talk2Bella:

Isabella Ibeji

Mynd44

Lalasticlala

Lalasticlala, please let's see this

(1) (Reply)

The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian / 7 Human Species That Existed On Earth Before Us / TB Joshua: 'We Thought It Was Heaven But Then Terrible Things Happened'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.