Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,759 members, 7,813,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand (184116 Views)

Ondo State's Sunshine Travels: 8 Things You Should Know (Photos) / Any One In New Zealand And Living There / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by woligentle(m): 9:53am On Oct 28, 2020
I appreciate each and everyone that are keeping this glorious forum alive. Infact this forum is really a blessing to this generation thanks to u all.

My story might be a bit long but I will appreciate if I can get a positive response from all the Oga's in the building.

Going through from page 1 let me just be factual and open up.

Some weeks ago my father-in-law called me he asked me if am interested in traveling out of the country I said YES. He said some years back he helped one of his friend son to travel out (either financially, morally or spiritually that o can't say) he said the guy came to Nigeria and they met, he said d guy said he wants to appreciate all what he did for him back then by sponsoring someone from him. That's why my father-in-law put a call to me if am interested. He said the man said he will do all the processing from his side that I should just get international passport first and some little change for processing (going through this forum I think maybe is passport verification sending to SA). After going through this forum I notice getting sponsor with different name might not be easy bcoz I have no relationship with this man and our names are different. My question now is will it be easy to secure NZL visa if yes the visa will be under which category and also what will be required of me.
NOTE: The man lives in NEW ZEALAND

ALL RESPONSE WILL BE APPRECIATED
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by woligentle(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
cc:
@femijck
@ugsams
@ticha
@davodyguy
@Fekonzy

Bosses, have posted for close to 30hours now and I haven't get response from any of u guys. I really need your help. going through this forum increase my love from coming to New Zealand. I just need your mentorship I have no idea about traveling I just see this invite as an opportunity which I wish to accept with my whole heart. My Oga's pls tell me something. Already on my passport processing.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
woligentle:
I appreciate each and everyone that are keeping this glorious forum alive. Infact this forum is really a blessing to this generation thanks to u all.

My story might be a bit long but I will appreciate if I can get a positive response from all the Oga's in the building.

Some weeks ago my father-in-law called me he asked me if am interested in traveling out of the country I said YES. He said some years back he helped one of his friend son to travel out (either financially, morally or spiritually that o can't say) he said the guy came to Nigeria and they met, he said d guy said he wants to appreciate all what he did for him back then by sponsoring someone from him. That's why my father-in-law put a call to me if am interested. He said the man said he will do all the processing from his side that I should just get international passport first and some little change for processing (going through this forum I think maybe is passport verification sending to SA). After going through this forum I notice getting sponsor with different name might not be easy bcoz I have no relationship with this man and our names are different. My question now is will it be easy to secure NZL visa if yes the visa will be under which category and also what will be required of me.

If the said man lives in New Zealand then he should know better. Just follow him diligently and play safe. At the moment, it doesn't seem to me like he has proposed anything. No enlightened person living in New Zealand will open his mouth to guarantee you of a visa when you're not a part of his nuclear family and even at that INZ has the final decision to make.

A little bit about yourself might help us suggest better with the type of visas that are available to you but if I'm being straightforward with the reality at the moment student's visa seems the most feasible option in recent time(pre-COVID19).

INZ is still not fully back yet and someone was telling me 2 days ago that it may take INZ up to 3 years before they are fully back due to all the backlogs they've had.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
If all he's asked for is a passport, I will advise u get the passport and follow his guidance just as @ugsam had advised....keep us updated with any other request or info from him.

I don't know how he planned to bring u in, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. People challenge the system all the time but it's not advisable.

I believe he's got a plan...you've got nothing to loose by getting a passport and giving it a shot.

Goodluck
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by woligentle(m): 6:17am On Oct 30, 2020
thanks for your response @ugsams and @femijck like I said earlier have not met with the man it was my in-law that he give the slot to and he ask if am interested. I believe as soon as am done with the passport I will have access to the man & with the help of this forum and the knowledge have gather I will be able to ask and even clear his doubt on some issues. I promised to keep updating u guys as e dey go.

my in-law said the man said presently he still has some cash with him that I should try and get the passport ASAP before he used the money for something else. That phrase I don't really understand.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 6:14am On Oct 31, 2020
woligentle:
thanks for your response @ugsams and @femijck like I said earlier have not met with the man it was my in-law that he give the slot to and he ask if am interested. I believe as soon as am done with the passport I will have access to the man & with the help of this forum and the knowledge have gather I will be able to ask and even clear his doubt on some issues. I promised to keep updating u guys as e dey go.

my in-law said the man said presently he still has some cash with him that I should try and get the passport ASAP before he used the money for something else. That phrase I don't really understand.

Good luck mate
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by woligentle(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hello my people, am back again I promise to always keep u updated as e dey go. I sent my international passport to my in-law through whatsapp diz morning which he forwarded to him. the man now send him a voicenote that he will start the processing on Monday, that after submission it will be out after 10days. he said I should prepare #30k for validation or so.

My question is are we still on track?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 12:54am On Nov 07, 2020
woligentle:

If it's through education or employment, anyone can sponsor you. For a student visa, you will need to show very strong ties to Nigeria to show you're coming back etc. First and foremost, you need to find out what kind of visa he wants to sponsor you for.
Currently, work visas are not being issued unless it's of critical importance (ie very high stakes and high wages $140k and above)
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by woligentle(m): 5:17am On Nov 12, 2020
Hello my people, am here again since I promised to keep updating us. I received this msg in my email not quite long. I will appreciate if anyone can help me do justice to it. I need explanation on the whole thing. anyone with what it means should pls say something

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by woligentle(m): 5:20am On Nov 12, 2020
Name: TAIWO SAMUEL OKUNOLA
Passport number: A11593221
Passport nationality: Nigeria
NZeTA reference number: E2710081
NZeTA expiry date: 12 November 2022
Your New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) has been issued.

You are now authorised to travel to New Zealand on a cruise ship. If you are flying to New Zealand to join your cruise, you must apply for a visitor visa before you travel.

This NZeTA also authorises you to pass through Auckland International Airport as a transit passenger on the way to or from Australia.

When you travel to New Zealand, you must check in with the passport listed here.

When arriving in New Zealand, you must declare any biosecurity risk items.

Now your NZeTA has been issued, what next?

Check that the details in this notification (including your given, middle and family names) exactly match your passport details. If they do not match, or your details change, you will not be allowed to travel to New Zealand using this NZeTA. You can use our online form to correct some details, otherwise you must request a new NZeTA.

Before you travel to New Zealand check that you meet all other requirements. This may include evidence of your onward travel arrangements, ie either:

A return ticket to your home country or

An outward ticket to a destination that you have the right to enter. You must have the appropriate visa or travel authority for that country, and be entitled to enter that country on a one way ticket.

You must have sufficient funds for your stay and you are strongly recommended to hold travel insurance.

You must ensure that your passport expiry date complies with the rules about how long it must be valid for at the time of travel.

As a cruise ship passenger you will be deemed to hold a visitor visa for up to 28 days when you arrive at your first New Zealand port.

Note that if you are intending to use this NZeTA to transit New Zealand, Auckland International Airport is the only airport with transit facilities. You cannot transit via any other airport in New Zealand.

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivery to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any use is strictly prohibited. Please delete the message and any attachment from your computer.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by woligentle(m): 6:31am On Nov 12, 2020
cc: @femijck @ugsams @ticha @davodyguy @Fekonzy
waiting for the Oga's to say something abeg
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2020
woligentle:

cc:
@femijck
@ugsams
@ticha
@davodyguy
@Fekonzy

waiting for the Oga's to say something abeg

What do u want us to say if I may ask?.....I didn't see any question in ur post.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by woligentle(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
woligentle:

You are now authorised to travel to New Zealand on a cruise ship. If you are flying to New Zealand to join your cruise, you must apply for a visitor visa before you travel.

This NZeTA also authorises you to pass through Auckland International Airport as a transit passenger on the way to or from Australia.

When you travel to New Zealand, you must check in with the passport listed here.

Check that the details in this notification (including your given, middle and family names) exactly match your passport details. If they do not match, or your details change, you will not be allowed to travel to New Zealand using this NZeTA. You can use our online form to correct some details, otherwise you must request a new NZeTA.

Before you travel to New Zealand check that you meet all other requirements. This may include evidence of your onward travel arrangements, ie either:

An outward ticket to a destination that you have the right to enter. You must have the appropriate visa or travel authority for that country, and be entitled to enter that country on a one way ticket.

You must have sufficient funds for your stay and you are strongly recommended to hold travel insurance.

You must ensure that your passport expiry date complies with the rules about how long it must be valid for at the time of travel.

As a cruise ship passenger you will be deemed to hold a visitor visa for up to 28 days when you arrive at your first New Zealand port.

Note that if you are intending to use this NZeTA to transit New Zealand, Auckland International Airport is the only airport with transit facilities. You cannot transit via any other airport in New Zealand.

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivery to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any use is strictly prohibited. Please delete the message and any attachment from your computer.

This is what I received in my mail. I want u to interpret it for me. Does it mean have been issued Visa or what?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2020
woligentle:

This is what I received in my mail. I want u to interpret it for me. Does it mean have been issued Visa or what?

you guys no dey hear word. With the way we have been preaching against this ETA, if anyone of you fall victim to this ETA fraud then I guess you have yourself to be blamed. If you even read what you posted above you will see that what you have is not a visa as it is clearly explained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by woligentle(m): 8:07am On Nov 13, 2020
ugsams:

you guys no dey hear word. With the way we have been preaching against this ETA, if anyone of you fall victim to this ETA fraud then I guess you have yourself to be blamed. If you even read what you posted above you will see that what you have is not a visa as it is clearly explained.

Does it means I can't travel with ETA of a thing? please this the reason I need more explanation. pls I need clarification abeg
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by hammed71(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2020
woligentle:

Does it means I can't travel with ETA of a thing? please this the reason I need more explanation. pls I need clarification abeg
Baba Nigeria is not eligible for eta.No allow person scam you
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2020
woligentle:

If you are flying to New Zealand to join your cruise, you must apply for a visitor visa before you travel.

This part of your earlier post already highlighted that it's not a tourist visa and that you can't fly to New Zealand without a tourist visa.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by suxes2005(m): 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2020
woligentle:

Just because you saw the visa from their website does not mean it is right.

Nigerians are exempted from ETA visa.

The agent probably filled wrong information for you.

SHALOM
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 9:37am On Nov 15, 2020
woligentle:

NZ is not issuing any visas apart from partnership and specialist work visas. The borders are not open. Any visa you get in after March 2020 till further notice is fake.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 9:42am On Nov 15, 2020
Just in case it's not clear.

New Zealand is not issuing any general (study or work or tourist) visas. The borders are closed and there is no date for opening it yet. So unless you're applying for a partnership visa and you must have applied for a special dispensation visa first or you are being brought in as a specially skilled worker - eg the Russian fishermen then it's 100% certain that the visa you have been given is fake. It is nigh on impossible to geta visa to NZ now for anyone even Australians and Pacific Islanders are not allowed into NZ and that should tell you all you need to know regarding the border closure.

All NZ HCs abroad are closed. No offshore visas are being processed. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, stop wasting your money!!!!
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by woligentle(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
Ticha:
Just in case it's not clear.

New Zealand is not issuing any general (study or work or tourist) visas. The borders are closed and there is no date for opening it yet. So unless you're applying for a partnership visa and you must have applied for a special dispensation visa first or you are being brought in as a specially skilled worker - eg the Russian fishermen then it's 100% certain that the visa you have been given is fake. It is nigh on impossible to geta visa to NZ now for anyone even Australians and Pacific Islanders are not allowed into NZ and that should tell you all you need to know regarding the border closure.

All NZ HCs abroad are closed. No offshore visas are being processed. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, stop wasting your money!!!!
I later received another email from New Zealand immigration stating the boarder closure and not ready to open their boarder anytime soon. I received the msg directly from them to my email
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by flora608(f): 10:57am On Nov 16, 2020
Does newzealand have their embassy in Lagos Nigeria?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Tosstos89: 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2020
Let us talk about dis visa
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 7:43am On Nov 17, 2020
flora608:
Does newzealand have their embassy in Lagos Nigeria?

None in Nigeria. 3 in Africa - Egypt, Ethiopia and South Africa
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by vicidomini: 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
Good Day All,

Woke up this morning to a Whatsapp message with a PDF attachment with a Visa Grant Letter/ eVISA for New Zealand from a fellow class mate in my university which i have long graduated from who's working with a travel agency, Unfortunately i hadn't come across the thread before now, Seeing the eVisa's posted in some of these post makes me doubt the authenticity of what i just received this morning, I went ahead to the website to www.immigration.govt.nz to check the status of the visa and it was confirmed that i had been 'Issued' an eVisa.

Now my question is verifying how true this is since the official website declares this to be true. I would like to know if anyone has an idea of what exactly a visa issued to a Nigerian by the New Zealand Immigration should look like and its process for verification, I would appreciate every meaningful contributions to this post and not backlashes.

Thanks.

cc:
@femijck
@ugsams
@ticha
@davodyguy
@Fekonzy
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
vicidomini:
Good Day All,

Woke up this morning to a Whatsapp message with a PDF attachment with a Visa Grant Letter/ eVISA for New Zealand from a fellow class mate in my university which i have long graduated from who's working with a travel agency, Unfortunately i hadn't come across the thread before now, Seeing the eVisa's posted in some of these post makes me doubt the authenticity of what i just received this morning, I went ahead to the website to www.immigration.govt.nz to check the status of the visa and it was confirmed that i had been 'Issued' an eVisa.

Now my question is verifying how true this is since the official website declares this to be true. I would like to know if anyone has an idea of what exactly a visa issued to a Nigerian by the New Zealand Immigration should look like and its process for verification, I would appreciate every meaningful contributions to this post and not backlashes.

Thanks.

cc:
@femijck
@ugsams
@ticha
@davodyguy
@Fekonzy

Post a copy here for us to see
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by promzy555(m): 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
Please how is club work in new Zealand? Someone said there is a contact for direct employment for new Zealand and the nature of the job is to work in d club, and the salary is 750k free flight ticket and accommodation.

Please how true it is and the pay? Someone pls help out
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Subomi007: 10:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
promzy555:
Please how is club work in new Zealand? Someone said there is a contact for direct employment for new Zealand and the nature of the job is to work in d club, and the salary is 750k free flight ticket and accommodation.

Please how true it is and the pay? Someone pls help out

Club? grin angry
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Sweetas2(m): 2:24am On Nov 26, 2020
davodyguy:

Post a copy here for us to see

Good one
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by promzy555(m): 6:46am On Nov 26, 2020
Subomi007:

Club? grin angry
Yes, explain to me
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Sweetas2(m): 5:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
Any good ticketing agency? looking for a reliable one abeg people wey don travel from nija to NZ help o how do you go about the expensive ticket ... need a cheap one way flights from Lagos to Auckland NZ
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by rasheed329(m): 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
Sweetas2:
Any good ticketing agency? looking for a reliable one abeg people wey don travel from nija to NZ help o how do you go about the expensive ticket ... need a cheap one way flights from Lagos to Auckland NZ

Fresh visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (54) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.