Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand (183938 Views)

Ondo State's Sunshine Travels: 8 Things You Should Know (Photos) / Any One In New Zealand And Living There / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Shanid(m): 7:25am On Dec 05, 2020
Which is better to live and work , NEW ZEALAND OR CANADA....??
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Fidelismaria: 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2020
ugsams:

Good luck mate

Good evening bro, how much is needed for a masters degree in NZ?, self sponsored.

Thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Johndoxzy: 4:06am On Dec 12, 2020
femijck:
Recently, there have been a few visas uploaded on this thread and some sent to me directly for verification. My position on these visas still remain....However I had a discussion with a friend today who recently came across similar visas ....so far what we know is the city where the visa is originating from in Nigeria...

The authenticity is very questionable....but I heard some people were able to confirm the status on INZ website. If that's true, can anyone share a screenshot as I wasnt able to do that myself...also can u post the exact website address here.

Most of these visas are essential visa linked to Matueka cricket club which is the oldest cricket club in NZ and currently under reconstruction.

Also I heard one of the the criteria for using the NZ visa is to have a temporary Australian resident Visa....all these seems abit complicated and I will advise people do more research on this. Any further information gathered will be posted here....

Peace!!

Good day Mr femijk I about to gi for a New Zealand work visa, and the procedure demands that I can only pay for the visa after confirmation. Just a visa fee of 70k is required for now. I've been following your quotes & I'll appreciate if you can help me confirm the visa when its out. To avioid being scammed. Thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:37am On Dec 12, 2020
Johndoxzy:

Good day Mr femijk I about to gi for a New Zealand work visa, and the procedure demands that I can only pay for the visa after confirmation. Just a visa fee of 70k is required for now. I've been following your quotes & I'll appreciate if you can help me confirm the visa when its out. To avioid being scammed. Thanks

No worries...keep us posted
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 12:18am On Dec 13, 2020
Johndoxzy:

So basically the agent will pay the visa costs upfront for you out of the goodness of their heart?

The visa process -
If applying for a work or student visa for longer than 12 months, you must
Do an xray
Complete a full and comprehensive health check (only at approved clinics) - this is not given to you, it's uploaded directly to the INZ portal
Complete a police check (work visa)
Complete an online visa form and pay the visa application
Include copies of all relevant quals, passport etc which must be certified.
Courier your passport to the nearest INZ offshore centre (SA)
Bank statements - student visa
Admission letter - student visa
Evidence of fee payment - student visa
Insurance payment - student visa

Tourist visa -
Bank statements
Completed online form
Courier your passport to SA

Did you do any of the above? If no, then scam.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Johndoxzy: 4:04am On Dec 13, 2020
@Ticha
@femijk
She said its a company in NZ that's sponsoring the visa.

I've attached a sample of what they've done.

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2020
Johndoxzy:
@Ticha
@femijk

This doesn't look real.

I may be wrong
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by amanv1067(m): 5:46am On Dec 15, 2020
Ready to fly towards the new destinations? Narrow down your searches for cheap flight tickets right away. just reach us and get a flight ticket to anywhere around the world at cheap rates along with trending deals and exciting offers on every booking. If you want to book affordable tickets to any destinations around the world. Call us at our toll-free number. We provide the best discounts deals on every booking.

We are offering a number of packages which are fit for every kind of traveler who traveling on a budget. Now, customers can visit our site or call us on our Toll-free Number to know about flight information and get their flight ticket instantly at the lowest and nominal airfare. And save up to 40% OFF on every booking to all the destinations across the world.
Visit - https://www.airlinesmap.com/air-new-zealand
Visit -https://www.airlinesmap.com/emirates
Visit -https://www.airlinesmap.com/virgin-atlantic
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 8:55am On Dec 17, 2020
Johndoxzy:
@Ticha
@femijk

Quite a few things wrong with it.
1. There's no visa category called employment visa (you can easily check this on the INZ website)
2. No visa - none whatsoever details the wages paid on the visa document
3. The designation also does not exist on the NZ skills list - see link to the list here. https://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/
4. Unless you're being paid over $130k pa and you work in a critical field like health, Viticulture and allied agri fields and IT, no other work visas have been issued since April 2020.

Again - if you have not followed any of the process I listed in the previous post then the visa is not real. C'mon people think na...if it's so easy to get a work visa, everyone will have it!
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 8:57am On Dec 17, 2020
Johndoxzy:
@Ticha
@femijk

What's the name of the company? Hope it's not that non existent one in Motueka?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2020
Femijk

New Zealand increases minimum wage
==========
New Zealand will from April 1, 2021, raise the national minimum wage to 14.26 U.S. dollars per hour, Workplace Relations and Safety Minister, Michael Wood, said on Thursday.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2020
Ticha:

Quite a few things wrong with it.
1. There's no visa category called employment visa (you can easily check this on the INZ website)
2. No visa - none whatsoever details the wages paid on the visa document
3. The designation also does not exist on the NZ skills list - see link to the list here. https://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/
4. Unless you're being paid over $130k pa and you work in a critical field like health, Viticulture and allied agri fields and IT, no other work visas have been issued since April 2020.

Again - if you have not followed any of the process I listed in the previous post then the visa is not real. C'mon people think na...if it's so easy to get a work visa, everyone will have it!

The agents that keeps swindling people are heartless and preying on people's desperation.

Can;t they be arrested?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 1:12am On Dec 19, 2020
davodyguy:

The agents that keeps swindling people are heartless and preying on people's desperation.

Can;t they be arrested?

New agents will just pop up in their place. Plus people need to open their eyes and stop throwing away money. It's easy enough to apply for these visas themselves. If no one patronises the agents, they'll naturally stop being in business.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Oluwasegun664(m): 9:52am On Dec 19, 2020
femijck:
not at the moment but border is still closed I believe....only open to citizens and PR holders

Sir, presently in UAE, but a Ghanaian frnd of mine got this. He's likely to leave any time.

Pls help me check how genuine it is...

Tnxxxx, it urgent

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Zpdzpd: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2020
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Zpdzpd: 11:05am On Dec 19, 2020
Hello, honourable members of this thread. I have a supervisor that is interested in me joining his in research group but he has no funding. He said any time I'm ready to submit my application, I should let him know so that he can put in words for me. However, he suggested if I'm not having a scholarship he wouldn't advise me to go ahead. If a prospective PhD student is able to afford PhD tuition, how easy is it to get a job that can take care of living expenses in New Zealand?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by allenpaul(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2020
Shanid:

ur contact no dey ur dp, i like the brown footwear.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by allenpaul(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2020
Shanid:

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Hills2012: 10:57am On Dec 31, 2020
Zpdzpd:
Hello, honourable members of this thread. I have a supervisor that is interested in me joining his in research group but he has no funding. He said any time I'm ready to submit my application, I should let him know so that he can put in words for me. However, he suggested if I'm not having a scholarship he wouldn't advise me to go ahead. If a prospective PhD student is able to afford PhD tuition, how easy is it to get a job that can take care of living expenses in New Zealand?

I will suggest you package your PhD application well in such a way that you’ll maintain competitive advantage to get a scholarship. I assume you have a masters degree already. Here are few highlights of the things you could do:

1. Try to have publications in highly ranked journals.

2. Have good score in IELTS, make sure no band is below 7.0.

3. Volunteer in any research center to gain research experience.

4. Write a good personal statement.

5. Prepare a quality research proposal in emerging research areas that aligns with the department goals.

You’re lucky to have a supervisor that is interested in you.

All the best!
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Zpdzpd: 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2020
Thanks for the the reply. Among the schools I reached out to, only one Prof. accepted to be my supervisor, but he told me he doesn't have funding. I have IELTS 7.5 aggregate with none below 7, but it's general module. I have 3 journal publications, only one is topnotch. I just finished preparing my proposal in such area and working currently on personal statements. I've also volunteered for core lab experience in two areas. I hope to see if I can get university-wide doctoral scholarship as I am not getting good reception.

I found out that I will be entitled to resident tuition which is under N2m. I am weighing my option should I fail to get funding. I've even started shopping for funded masters, too.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2020
Happy new Year Femi and others in New Zealand
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Hills2012: 2:09am On Jan 01, 2021
Zpdzpd:
Thanks for the the reply. Among the schools I reached out to, only one Prof. accepted to be my supervisor, but he told me he doesn't have funding. I have IELTS 7.5 aggregate with none below 7, but it's general module. I have 3 journal publications, only one is topnotch. I just finished preparing my proposal in such area and working currently on personal statements. I've also volunteered for core lab experience in two areas. I hope to see if I can get university-wide doctoral scholarship as I am not getting good reception.

I found out that I will be entitled to resident tuition which is under N2m. I am weighing my option should I fail to get funding. I've even started shopping for funded masters, too.

That’s good! You’ve got a nice profile, I’ll suggest you write the academic IELTS because most schools won’t accept General module. University based doctoral scholarship would be your best bet. However, the school fee for PhD is cheap in NZ because the government subsidized it which allows international students to pay the same fee local students pays.

In your budget, try to make allowance for 15,000 NZ dollars proof of funds for living expenses, proof of funds for inbound and outbound (over 1m naira for flight - one way (based on current rate for Qatar airways)), and the main school fee.

What’s your course of study?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Zpdzpd: 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2021
Thanks again, @Hills2012. It's Chemical Engineering and I'm looking at research in bioenergy or material science. Based on my budget, I will be able to do something about the tuition if I don't get funded and the other options that I'm exploring fails to work out. That's while I was wanting information on current realities on ground if I can survive on student jobs.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Hills2012: 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2021
Zpdzpd:
Thanks again, @Hills2012. It's Chemical Engineering and I'm looking at research in bioenergy or material science. Based on my budget, I will be able to do something about the tuition if I don't get funded and the other options that I'm exploring fails to work out. That's while I was wanting information on current realities on ground if I can survive on student jobs.

Ohh! Cool...the ogas in the house will be able to guide you better as regards the living expenses and survival tips. Mr. Femi or Mr. Ugosams can advise you better on this.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Zpdzpd: 4:56am On Jan 02, 2021
Your inputs are very helpful. Let me hope they come around. Happy new year.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Hills2012: 8:18am On Jan 02, 2021
Zpdzpd:
Your inputs are very helpful. Let me hope they come around. Happy new year.

Happy new year bro! I wish you the very best �
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:25am On Jan 04, 2021
Happy New Year........
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Hills2012: 10:16am On Jan 04, 2021
femijck:
Happy New Year........

Happy new year sir

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Artistavin: 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
plz brodas how is new Zealand about work, is new Zealand really expensive in living am planning a trip there on 2years working visa.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Artistavin: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2021
plz. someone should show me how work visa to new Zealand looks like those it come as e visa or sticker one ....plz is very important
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2021
Artistavin:
plz. someone should show me how work visa to new Zealand looks like those it come as e visa or sticker one ....plz is very important

All visas are e-visas. If you want a sticker, you have to request and pay extra for that.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Artistavin: 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2021
ok thanks bro plz can you show me how work visa and visit visa for nz looks like.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (54) (Reply)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.