Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria (2255 Views)

Getting The Most Out Of Your Laptop Battery / How To Increase Your Internet Speed With TP Link Router / Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 18, 2010
Hello guys. Am aware that some us are downloading with higher speeds such as 340kb/s, and this is a monster compared to my 13kb/s. Please I need you guys to tell me how I can get such high speeds in Nigeria.
Re: Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria by Dclique(m): 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2010
Its all bout your ISP.
Re: Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 18, 2010
@dclique. I know its the Isp. But my question is which are the fast ISP's that can provide speeds up to 340kb/s? How much does it cost?
Re: Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria by puskin: 2:20am On Feb 19, 2010
erm. . . .erm. . . . . . for that one, U go need to go do ur private research?? and comeback to tell us!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria by v3: 8:32am On Feb 19, 2010
vladimir puskas grin,

U nor well @ all grin grin grin
Re: Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2010
pls you guys should say something. Are you guys not the ones showing off your screen shot speeds in a previous thread?
Re: Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria by obinna5000(m): 8:47pm On Feb 19, 2010
@eina
Asking for the best or a fast ISP in Nigeria is like asking what is the best antivirus to use.
If I mention some names now, someone will tell you those ones are not fast.
Do your research wisely.
Re: Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 19, 2010
ok let me put it this way, which ISP can give you a download speed of 300kbs?
Re: Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria by heebakutty: 4:21am On Feb 16, 2012
Hey,just follow some tips to make your speed up
-->Configure your browser so it won't display graphics, animations, sound, video or other multimedia content (see "How to Turn Off Sounds, Pictures or Video on Web Pages"wink.
-->Surf when Internet traffic is low. Heaviest traffic is usually on weekends and evenings.
-->Use your cache effectively. "Cache" refers to storage space where your recently visited Web sites are saved. You may need to resize your cache allotment, or you may need to purge your cache periodically. Look through your browser's menus for items named Cache, Temporary Internet files and so on.
-->Upgrade your modem.
-->Consult with your Internet service provider to ensure that your modem is configured correctly.
-->Replace your telephone modem with a fast-access connection such as wave, ISDN, DSL, satellite, a cable modem.
and now check your connection speed here Scanmyspeed.com
even then your connection speed didnt get speed up then you better contact your service provider,

2 Likes

Re: Getting The Fastest Internet Speed In Nigeria by Digriz(m): 11:20am On Feb 18, 2012
@poster,first of all check which network has a 3g in ur area.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem / Router Configuration / My Ip Address Has Expired Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.