Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,056 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (63534 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by eldee(m): 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2010
chic2pimp:

You've been in the Finals five straight years yet you have just two titles to show for all that effort, how disgraceful tongue

See how fast your argument evaporated. . . hehehe.
Now pick up your Gameboy and go play sumwhere else. tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by edoyad(m): 8:54am On Apr 09, 2010
Area !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 9:47am On Apr 09, 2010
hmmmm, RVP tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by jalether(m): 10:17am On Apr 09, 2010
Van Persie is back to save the gunners from yet another trophyless season. let the party begin cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dipo2much(m): 11:36am On Apr 09, 2010
I think we should still give RVP sometime to get FIT. starting him or playing him from the bench wont guarantee anything.
As per all these 8ers whining about arsenal not winning trophies, I wonder why it a problem to them now. What when the trophies start coming?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by presido1: 11:44am On Apr 09, 2010
dipo2much:

I think we should still give RVP sometime to get FIT. starting him or playing him from the bench wont guarantee anything.
As per all these 8ers whining about arsenal not winning trophies, I wonder why it a problem to them now. What when the trophies start coming?
When will this "when" be?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2010
The season is nearly over. . . .almost time for some really deep soul searching by Arsene Wenger.

If, and it's a massive if, we can win the title then he will feel somewhat vindicated. If we fail to do so, he must dispassionately assess where we continuously come short - in defence and if anything can be done to remedy that.

Secondly, the fate of players like Vela and Eduardo must be closely examined. Do they have a future at the club or are we just wasting our time?

Good news on RVP, but as everyone has said, don't expect miracles. If we get him back for next weekend then I'll be ok - no point rushing him on against the southern scum. We should be able to beat Tottenham, even on their own patch. The players would've had a full week's rest to get the pain of Barcelona out of their system and recover completely.

Here's hoping Villa wear out Chelski and Blackburn give Utd a proper torrid time (not banking on that though, Allardyce is a Fergie boot licker)

Can we still do it? 5 games to go and three points behind. . . . .let's win the next game.

Gunner 1965 cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2010
The season is nearly over. . . .almost time for some really deep soul searching by Arsene Wenger.

Dude, You said the same thing last year after Man ure battered you in the CL semi, If I didnt check the date I would have thought it was the post from last year. Soul searching every year which never changes anything. Just like the NFA drawing board which they keep going to.

Secondly, the fate of players like Vela and Eduardo must be closely examined. Do they have a future at the club or are we just wasting our time?

Vela Eduardo? are those players
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2010
dayokanu:

Vela Eduardo? are those players
What are they?
Mascots?? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
Abeg them be MATTER, anything that has body mass and it occupies space wears a jersey at the emirati grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2010
debosky:

Gunner 1965 cool tongue

Vela is not going anywhere (he is the closest to Messi we have in the team at present in terms of running at players), Arsene has got to get him translating his mexico form into his performances in the Arsenal shirt, he also has to sort out his laid back attitude which recently led to the loss of his passport and his missing the Barca match (Messi is only a year older so the guy shldnt see himself as a kid any longer). Eduardo, I'm not sure and don't even know if I'm bothered, that injury messed up Dudu really bad and while I feel sorry for him I think we just have to move on. Its the upcoming generation I'm bothered about.

I do feel its about time we started integrating more of the upcoming generation, I would go for Lansbury and JET for next season since Owen Coyle seems to want Wilshere anyway and I think if the deal can be arranged quickly he can become the creative fulcrum of Bolton's team just like Cesc is for us particularly if he has a full pre-season with them. This would give him more time to physically adapt to the PL without costing us points and games while gaining immense experience. I trust Coyle enough to get the best out of him if he can have the likes of Muamba scoring goals.

JET and Lansbury have proven themselves in the Championship and are more physically suitable for the PL just like Rambo, I feel it is time to give them their chance. We can rotate early on during the season and keep our players fresh for the latter stages. Arsene really must rotate more and stop this stable central partnership of playing Gallas and Vermaelen in all PL games during the season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2010
Vela is not going anywhere (he is the closest to Messi we have in the team at present in terms of running at players),

OMG. Are you serious? If you say this at the Emirates you might be stabbed never mind in Bouenous Aires or Rosario. Vela to Messi why not compare VUVUZELA to autotune

Eduardo, I'm not sure and don't even know if I'm bothered, that injury messed up Dudu really bad and while I feel sorry for him I think we just have to move on. Its the upcoming generation I'm bothered about.

When would this excuse grow old.

Can you show me the league scoring record of Eduardo before the injury? At least a player should have a good record before we can assume injury did him in

Someone said Eduardo scored 4 league goals as at end of February 2008 yet we blame injury
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2010
duduspace:

Vela is not going anywhere (he is the closest to Messi we have in the team at present in terms of running at players), Arsene has got to get him translating his mexico form into his performances in the Arsenal shirt, he also has to sort out his laid back attitude which recently led to the loss of his passport and his missing the Barca match (Messi is only a year older so the guy shldnt see himself as a kid any longer). Eduardo, I'm not sure and don't even know if I'm bothered, that injury messed up Dudu really bad and while I feel sorry for him I think we just have to move on. Its the upcoming generation I'm bothered about.

With due respect, Vela is NOTHING like Messi, he is one footed, lacks close control and has little physical stamina. He is looking like a wasted investment after so many years, with Ramsey having a bigger impact than him even with his injury.

Eduardo? Maybe a proper pre-season again will help him - frankly I see little of a future for him if Arsene sticks to 4-3-3 with a lone striker model.

I do feel its about time we started integrating more of the upcoming generation, I would go for Lansbury and JET for next season since Owen Coyle seems to want Wilshere anyway and I think if the deal can be arranged quickly he can become the creative fulcrum of Bolton's team just like Cesc is for us particularly if he has a full pre-season with them. This would give him more time to physically adapt to the PL without costing us points and games while gaining immense experience. I trust Coyle enough to get the best out of him if he can have the likes of Muamba scoring goals.

Integrating what? How well have we integrated the 'upcoming' ones already close to the first team? We CANNOT afford to bring in more inconsistent (but likely talented) youth performers at this time - we need to consolidate and bring in some fresh bodies from outside. The best we can do for the upcoming generation is loan them out to lower rung EPL sides and then hope they come back with some quality.

Right now, we don't need any more 'upcoming' players close to the first team beyond the likes of Gibbs, Eastmond, Ramsey and even Vela would be in that category. I could possibly make an exception for Wilshire, but the others are nowhere near as close as they need to be.

Unless we want to be in the same perpetual stage of being nearly good enough, this youth strategy must IMPROVE the side and not simply make up the numbers - there should only be room for the most exceptional youngsters, not bringing in players as stop gaps just because we can't afford any better.

JET and Lansbury have proven themselves in the Championship and are more physically suitable for the PL just like Rambo, I feel it is time to give them their chance. We can rotate early on during the season and keep our players fresh for the latter stages. Arsene really must rotate more and stop this stable central partnership of playing Gallas and Vermaelen in all PL games during the season.

Rotation is not something you practice much at CB - the key is having capable back ups which we lack. I hope Djourou shows some form next season, with Wenger getting rid of Silvestre and Campbell and buying a quality CB to give us a full complement again. The issue with Gallas is that he will always have a major injury close to the business end of the season - it's happened almost every season since he joined us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2010
Jet, Rambo. ROFLMAO

See names

WHy not Dramendra, Amitabb and Chuck Norris
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2010
dayokanu:

Jet, Rambo. ROFLMAO

See names

WHy not Dramendra, Amitabb and Chuck Norris

You no get work today? I am reporting you to your boss ASAP. Leave the gooners alone
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by ritchboy(m): 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2010
DK
The last time i checked, Bayern's best striker(Olic) is responsible for cleaning Eduardo's boots in the Croatia team. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2010
ANd Olic is in the CL semi finals while Eduardo is still learning "MELESIN"

When would he graduate from medical school sef?

Olic has 4 CL goals this season already Tell me how many Eduardo has in his Arsenal career of 3 years
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2010
dayokanu:

ANd Olic is in the CL semi finals while Eduardo is still learning "MELESIN"

When would he graduate from medical school sef?

Olic has 4 CL goals this season already Tell me how many Eduardo has in his Arsenal career of 3 years
why not Compare. . . .
Olic vs Eduardo(International career)
Olic vs Eduardo(Club career)
why restrict it to the last one season?
It's like saying Lyon is better than Real madrid or Bordeaux is better than Juventus
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2010
Maybe you can help us with the stats both of them since they got to Western Europe and not in the jungle of croatia

Olic scored 44 goals in 4 years with CSKA, 48 goals in 3 yrs with hamburg and already in double digits for bayern

tel us about Eduardo scoring records (In non Milk cup competitions)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by allboyz(m): 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
nuffin mch is happening around here. . . no league game  
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2010
@Dayo
google Eduardo da silva and you will see.
despite breaking his leg and on and off appearances he's scored 21 in 64 with 15 assists,
Before breaking his leg in 07/08, he had 12 goals and 8 assists in 31 appearances.
Don't lets talk about International competitions or record breaking stunts with dynamo
Really, he's been poor this season and I think its more mental than physical.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Skyfaze10(m): 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2010
I can't believe we re ending dis season again without any trophy,as for eduardo i think he's still scared,he dosen't want 2 got injured.thank god RVP Is back.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2010
despite breaking his leg and on and off appearances he's scored 21 in 64 with 15 assists,
Before breaking his leg in 07/08, he had 12 goals and 8 assists in 31 appearances.

Pls how many of these games are in the carling cup? Players in other leagues dont play senseless competition like the Milk Cup.

Remove goals from the milk cup and lets see what you have left

I can't believe we re ending dis season again without any trophy,

Na today? Since you started supporting Arsenal, How many trophies have they won.

as for eduardo i think he's still scared,he dosen't want 2 got injured.

Scared after 2 yrs? abeg make una free excuse. before he got injured, what was he doing for ARSENAL?

thank god RVP Is back.

People wont believe you are thanking God for a striker who has never scored 12 league goals in his career
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 10:30pm On Apr 09, 2010
dayokanu:

People wont believe you are thanking God for a striker who has never scored 12 league goals in his career

A thoroughly moronic statement - is his league goal total the issue or whether he can score when it matters? RVP is a quality striker regardless of what statistics like league totals say.

People said the same retarded things about Bendtner when he came back from injuries, and he's scored decisive goals in multiple league games and a hat trick in the CL since he returned.

With each disparaging comment, the gooners return undaunted and still in the chase - 5 games to go and still with a chance, albeit an outside one, to win it.

Gunner 1965 cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2010
To all gooners: Since we don't have a league game this weekend, I've decided to upload a short video titled 'A Night At The Emirates'. Enjoy the sights, sounds and atmosphere of the ground and the best fans in the world.  cool

[flash=486,393]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8oGGm13qWo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Skyfaze10(m): 11:51pm On Apr 09, 2010
Do u know! The only players dat top RVP in highest goal scored, is only jermain defoe nd darren bent,if not d injury he ill also be in d top scorer race.arsenal till hell freeze.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by edoyad(m): 1:02am On Apr 10, 2010
I can still remember the January transfer window, how fast time flies.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Myself2(m): 8:33am On Apr 10, 2010
duduspace:

Vela is not going anywhere (he is the closest to Messi we have in the team at present in terms of running at players.

Surely you meant this as a joke,right?
Vela is a very good contender for the biggest flop of the season.He started his first season with some flash of brilliance,but that fizzled out quicker than it takes to end a very quick quickie.These days he plays like the word self belief and confidence have been extricated from his dictionary,I seriously think a loan spell out of the emirates will do him some good
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Myself2(m): 8:36am On Apr 10, 2010
The fear thing with Eduardo is true.This is the same Eduardo that used to be calm and collcted in front of goals,nowadays he fears to go into tackles and if he get the ball in the opponents goal area he'd quickly shoot in any direction he's facing as if Taylor was coming in with a tackle
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dipo2much(m): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2010
presido1:

When will this "when" be?

Soon,  At least we have proven wrong those that said  arsenal is a team ''in transition''.  Been genuine contenders for ALL major trophies. year in year out.
And we used walcotts and denilsons, and this term they achieve more than the torreses,Gerrards,tevezs and co
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Skyfaze10(m): 11:56am On Apr 10, 2010
U are right man! I can't still believe we re still contending 4 premier league after h/a trash by chepe{chelsea} nd PDP{mau utd} wit no striker nd child abuse players.i think if we could get two more experienced players next season then we ill surely win trophys.gunner till derby county lift premier league.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (100)

Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? / Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.