Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu (6837 Views)

Chelsea Have Ruined My Mikel – Siasia / Amodu Blasts His Critics / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by hbrednic: 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2010
Dont worry kanu,you will make us proud in the next nations cup.
In your case age does not matter.
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by vislabraye(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2010
Kanu is still the most decorated footballer in Africa ( Eto is close to him ). But luck in Nation's cup was never his portion, I pity him though.But let him retire peacefully and take it as part of life,
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by SirVee(m): 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2010
Whatsoever illwind that is blowing (especially the Super Eagles) Naija's soccer today was caused by Gen. Sani Abacha!
Abacha's stupidly withdrew Nigeria from the Nations cup in 1996 and caused CAF to ban us from the 1998 competition in Burkina Faso. We were champion in 1994, and could not defend our title in 1996 courtesy of dictator Sani Abacha.
These were the golden years on Nigerian football. Abacha's folly is still costing us dearly!

I am sure Kanu would have scored in the 1996 & 1998 editions at least.
Papillo, if you had not mentioned this, we may not have known. Sincerely it is a record no player your status would envy, coupled with the fact that you have won the African footballer of the year twice. But take nothing away from King Kanu, he is a star!

Papillo may be given a chance to score in the 2012 edition (?)
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by ow11(m): 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2010
vislabraye:

Kanu is still the most decorated footballer in Africa ( Eto is close to him ).

That is simply NOT true!
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by javalove(m): 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2010
this KANU guy is ungrateful to God. . .!

let him substitute his career with that of Okocha who has scored goals but could not achieve much, yet contented and says he wont trade his career for anyone else's career. . .

Kanu should just shut d F up and give God the glory for a career well spent. . . No african player has Kanu's kind of medals. . .he should thank God for that

Giggs hant been to the world cup but his room is filled with trophies and medals. . .
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by vislabraye(m): 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2010
SirVee:

Whatsoever illwind that is blowing (especially the Super Eagles) Naija's soccer today was caused by Gen. Sani Abacha!
Abacha's stupidly withdrew Nigeria from the Nations cup in 1996 and caused CAF to ban us from the 1998 competition in Burkina Faso. We were champion in 1994, and could not defend our title in 1996 courtesy of dictator Sani Abacha.
These were the golden years on Nigerian football. Abacha's folly is still costing us dearly!

I am sure Kanu would have scored in the 1996 & 1998 editions at least.
Papillo, if you had not mentioned this, we may not have known. Sincerely it is a record no player your status would envy, coupled with the fact that you have won the African footballer of the year twice. But take nothing away from King Kanu, he is a star!

Papillo may be given a chance to score in the 2012 edition (?)

I mean we could have won in 3ce times in a row before Egypt did and would have had an African footballer of the year for 98. Okocha would have had the opportunity to win the African footballer of the Year.

Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by henry101(m): 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2010
Kanu is not a selfish player, He probably wud have d highest numba of assists in d national team.
I dnt y Nigerians r neva grateful. God blessed Nigeria with a classy player like Kanu n all u guyz wud say is trash talk.
Very soon Nigerians wud cal Obafemi names if he fails 2score in a game nd wud put his 2goals against Mozabique dat qualified Nigeria 2 d world cup to d trash bin.
God , please help Nigerians with a cure 4 short memory thru ur son Jesus Christ, Amen.
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by Rastamann: 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2010
Kanu have tried for Nigeria, so whether he scores or not at the last six nation's cup is not relevant. At least he contributed and added some of the goals that were scored by others. Kanu age is no more on your side (forget about footbal age wey you declear), so take a decision as to when to retire, maybe after you retire and become coach, you will win the nation's cup with your team.
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by babaowo: 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2010
we cant have it all in this life,no matter how, human would still have
things to cry on. that is why d rich also cry. sorry MR ( I WAS DETERMINED) smiley
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by Ruddyface(f): 10:51pm On Feb 19, 2010
|
babaowo:

we cant have it all in this life,no matter how, human would still have
things to cry on. that is why d rich also cry. sorry MR ( I WAS DETERMINED) smiley

Good talk.

Look at George Weah, one time World Footballer of the Year and he has never been to the World Cup as a player and JJ Okocha who has won BBC African Footballer of the Year for several years but was never so declared by CAF.

Kanu was a great player and history remembers him as that but he should be satisfied with the much God has done for him. We knew he was shocked when the coach told him that he wouldnt play, but he was determined to prove him wrong. grin
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by nnajiofo: 11:12pm On Feb 19, 2010
kanu is a great player we all respect but he should not blame amodu for not scoring a goal, why didn't he score in 2000,2004 2006, allow amodu to rest pls.
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by latepa(m): 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2010
Well Kanu, no vex because such is life wink
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by mamagee3(f): 12:12am On Feb 20, 2010
ow11:

That is simply NOT true!

Google is your friend. wink

dasarge:

You guys should just shut up and talk sense! Amodu ruined everything in that Nations Cup and we all know that. Kanu is the most respected African Player that has won everything in Europe and remember he is not a selfish Player. All those years he hasnt scored, he had the highest Assists so what are you childish contributors talking about? Either by force or whatever, yu guys should never insult Kanu! He's not my brother, but he's a great Niegrian who has brought us smiles, I have come to realise that so many contributors that come to this Nairaland are either students or un-employed people who stay myopic and dont know what to talk about and the only time you get an opportunity to talk, you talk RUBBISH under the anonymity of Internet!

Who are you directing that to. . .
Next time, keep your remarks and reply simple
without making yourself sound dumb
Next
!
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by fxmaxony(m): 12:32am On Feb 20, 2010
Oh Kanu, d respectable, why did you use this ugly remark to remind us of the woes of the AFCON, all who blames AMODU stop it pls, our problem is in the football house.

football management is poor in Nigeria. wont you cry for a country that has not signed the coach that will take them to world cup in june/july 2010 by the month of february 2010.
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by semid4lyfe(m): 1:09am On Feb 20, 2010
fxmaxony:

Oh Kanu, d respectable, why did you use this ugly remark to remind us of the woes of the AFCON, all who blames AMODU stop it pls, our problem is in the football house.

football management is poor in Nigeria. wont you cry for a country that has not signed the coach that will take them to world cup in june/july 2010 by the month of february 2010.

Did poor football management by the NFF prevent other players from scoring goals? Kanu should STFU jare. . . . .bloody ingrate!
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by dasarge(m): 2:10am On Feb 20, 2010
@Mama gee or whatever stupid name you chose to call your miserable dumb-ass self, i have actually been reading so many of your comments where you contribute senselessly about sex and other stupid opinions of yours, where you completely sound idiotic and no one cares to talk to you cos probably, in the area of sex and prostitution, you may have been perceived to be a professional, but in the area of football, you should just keep your shitty thots out of it cos you are dumb! I didnt direct my opinion at anyone just the people who dont know what they write about. If theres anyone out there who will be calling Kanu names, and you think you are a party to that then go and concentrate on what you know best; Prostitution and not football cos Kanu is a Legend from Africa and should be respected in Nigeria. I wont respond to you anymore cos i know your type. The only avenue people like you have to air a view is hiding behind the Computer/Internet. and even with such opportunity, you still dont have the common sense to make sense out of it,
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by kenuoyibo(m): 3:39am On Feb 20, 2010
kanu was d 1st african to score a golden goal in football history, way back in '96. that was a mileage. he has done so well for nigeria,so no regrets kanu.
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 20, 2010
He is only crying because Amodu refused to allow Peak milk on the menu in Angola. grin

i feel for Kanu tongue
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by omodapson(m): 9:45am On Feb 20, 2010
Blue Magic:

Even when he had the opportunity to score in a penalty shoot out in 2002 nations cup he goofed. Kanu used to be d man, now he is a ghost of himself. He needs to hang up his boots or his boots will hang him!

Was there a penalty shootout against Senegal in 2002? People should get their facts right before coming to make any post here. As much as I know, a penalty was awarded to Nigeria during the match and Kanu was the architect of the penalty but Oruma took the kick and missed the chance to draw us level with Senegal. Senegal went on to win 2-1 and there was no record of a penalty shootout in the game.

Kanu never scored a goal at any of the AFCON he featured but he provided numerous scoring opportunities for others to score. He should be proud of that achievement.
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by Sprumbaba: 10:23am On Feb 20, 2010
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 20, 2010
Sprumbaba:

Kanu is not complaining. Scoring that goals does not bring money to his pocket.

THE GUY IS SAYING HE COULD NOT FULFILL A DREAM OF SCORING IN NATIONS CUP.

This is his personal wish and people are leaving negative comments.

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu

sounds like a complaint to me Chief
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by Sprumbaba: 10:31am On Feb 20, 2010
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by Sonofpeace(m): 10:38am On Feb 20, 2010
Kanu i know you'll make us proud en really you have. Forget about scoring goals cos you worth more than that with your numerous assist. I love you KANU, You're my legend PAPILO GOD BLESS YOU MORE ABUNDANTLY AMEN. . .
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by Builder: 10:51am On Feb 20, 2010
As for me and my house, we will serve and respect Sir papilo ,

Anyways, Mamagee. desarge dey lead you, i dey wait for ya return leg.
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by vicishow(m): 11:26am On Feb 20, 2010
There is always someone to blame,
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 20, 2010
Builder:

As for me and my house, we will serve and respect Sir papilo ,

builder,i hope the foundations of your house are not as wobbly as Peak boys' legs grin
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by Wrex(m): 11:32am On Feb 20, 2010
I really respect and admire kanu for his works and deeds but the fact is he can't be blaming amodu for his misfortunes.Did amodu block him from scoring in other nations cup.Homeboy is tired and getting old i hope he discovers that this is the best time to hang his boot.
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by bee444: 1:05pm On Feb 20, 2010
While Kanu may have won lots of silverwares for both clubs and country, he's now nevertheless relatively too old and too late to complain of his lack of goals in the ACN tournaments. The fact that he went to the recently concluded one does not automatically certify him and guaranteed him a goal.

I believe age has caught up with him, Now 46 (though his futball age is saying otherwise, 33 years).
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by kufreabasi(m): 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2010
Sorry Kanu. Amodu thought and belived that you are too old in football and that you needed retirement.
I belive your boy is up to take over from you. so train him well
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by idifu(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2010
kanu is over
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by midefemi(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2010
dasarge:

You guys should just shut up and talk sense! Amodu ruined everything in that Nations Cup and we all know that. Kanu is the most respected African Player that has won everything in Europe and remember he is not a selfish Player. All those years he hasnt scored, he had the highest Assists so what are you childish contributors talking about? Either by force or whatever, yu guys should never insult Kanu! He's not my brother, but he's a great Niegrian who has brought us smiles, I have come to realise that so many contributors that come to this Nairaland are either students or un-employed people who stay myopic and dont know what to talk about and the only time you get an opportunity to talk, you talk RUBBISH under the anonymity of Internet!

angry
Re: Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu by Afam4eva(m): 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2010
Nigerians are the greatest ungrateful bastards known to humanity. See the way people are raining abuses on Kanu as if he's not the same kanu that won the olympics for Nigeria. I've come to realise that nigerians know how to use and dump, exactly what they did to Okocha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nff Confirms N2,500 As Gate Fee In Forth-coming Match Nig Vs Argentina / Get 10 Sure Soccer Games Predictions Daily For Free / Asec Mimosas Vs Lobi Stars: CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 19th January 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.