Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) (33256 Views)

Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State / IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State / The Statue Of The Three Lagos White Cap Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by 1shortblackboy: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
U know the upitebeya story is disputed by a faction of d okrika people. A faction believes a man named kirike is d founder while others say a man named oko from okopiri now okochiri crossed d river and moved into okrika island
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
Wow
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by mufasapapasanta(m): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
Opotuboya the great!
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by kingxsamz(m): 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
erico2k2:
You don't need to , we know how minds like yours work . Kanu =Ipob =Igbo I thought you WERE smart . This was 2 easy .
bros I only said the statue looks looks like Kanu... how does that concern Ipob? what if I mentioned Buhari?
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by nengibo: 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
Tamuno kirike se boma

1 Like

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2017
The motherland of SVC.

kiss
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Icon4s(m): 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
WotzupNG:

According to pictures shared by a Facebook user named Fashina Mobolaji Shakiru, a statue has been erected in honor of the founder of Okrika, a town in Rivers State, Nigeria.

He posted:

https://www.wotzup.ng/statue-erected-honor-okrika-founder/

So when did he live?

Was he a King? From when to when did he reign?
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by master69(m): 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2017
Correct....Mama Okrika, Papa Okrika....me full blooded Okrika Boy..
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Mechette(m): 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
kingxsamz:
the statue looks like NnRAMdi COWnu...
bros mus u b stupid? for do yorubas blong to abeg
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by erico2k2(m): 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2017
kingxsamz:

bros I only said the statue looks looks like Kanu...
how does that concern Ipob?
what if I mentioned Buhari?
Then people frm.pmb town go answer you..kanu is a figure head for Ipob .
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by kingxsamz(m): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
erico2k2:

Then people frm.pmb town go answer you..kanu is a figure head for Ipob .

ok
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2017
kingxsamz:
Your leaders are crying about the use of hate pronouncements. Once we respond to you shackles in kind, the zoo will start complaining the more.

Arewa zombie

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by kingxsamz(m): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2017
Jolar101:

Your leaders are crying about the use of hate pronouncements. Once we respond to you shackles in kind, the zoo will start complaining the more.

Arewa zombie

lol I'm not even Hausa or Yoruba...
I'm Igbo by the way...
so kill ya sef

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
kingxsamz:

lol I'm not even Hausa or Yoruba...
I'm Igbo by the way...
so kill ya sef

Then you are the enemy of the state.

1 Like

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Tedassie(m): 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
fuckerstard:
looks like a slayer.
more like a Greek god
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Tedassie(m): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2017
Cinta1989:
Is it me or the headline is sexual grin
that's cos your word usage&grasp is terribly limited! wink

enrol in night school,you no gree...now see d result

i'm in my house coman...beat mesad
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by abbeyty(m): 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
So,na face of first man to sell okirika cloths be this?

2 Likes

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by cumbak60: 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Where is tonye?
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
master69:
Correct....Mama Okrika, Papa Okrika....me full blooded Okrika Boy..
I was in Ama olast week...

1 Like

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by akigbemaru: 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Abeg shey na Viking ? grin grin grin Ragnar Lokbrook

All the way from Nigeria they are claiming Iceland shocked shocked

Next tin they will spray fake snow around and make winter grin cheesy

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2017
I always thought it was the wife that had Igbo heritage. This statue with double eagle feather connotes a titled ancient Igbo warrior.

6 Likes

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by miraclea: 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
.No wonder hostile violence and insecurity is the order of the day in okirika and eleme the stature say it all
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 6:49pm On Aug 22, 2017
I've checked it up and it actually says Okrika has Igbo origin. As one who has interacted closely with the natives I think in Okrika there is Igbo, Ibibio and Ijaw elements in the mix but it seems the 1st settler "Oputibeya" was an Igbo man as acknowledged by natives. It now makes sense why there is Okrika in Igboland and the popular intermarriage among the two.

This is another erected statue of an old Chief in 18th century known as "Ibanichuka". The name equally suggests same pattern.

5 Likes

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by nduboss(m): 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2017
kingxsamz:
It look like ur fucking father

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
nairaman66:
The statue says a lot!! Violence, this is the reason most people from Okrika are blood thirsty and violent! They should take down the statue and build something modest!!
If this were a statue of Alexander the great or Achilles you'd fall over yourself to take a selfie close to it, but sadly it's only a statue of an unknown black man with no reference in your texts books so its a symbol of blood thirst and violence

Pls loosen up, it's only art grin

2 Likes

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by DJMCOTTY(m): 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Next tin they will spray fake snow around and make winter grin cheesy fem there

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by DJMCOTTY(m): 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2017
oshe11:
When I heard ERECT..... grin

LOLgrin

PERVERT ME!!! grin
gay you
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by oshe11: 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2017
DJMCOTTY:
gay you
God forbid...

no let me catch ur sister ooo.....

I go dicke shift her womb

1 Like

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by jojothaiv(m): 9:11pm On Aug 22, 2017
Remind me of a story here...

The Devil Wear Okrika!
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by Nobody: 1:41am On Aug 23, 2017
Kingxway:
I can see DIKE CHUKWUDI or something like that written at the last part of the statue. Is Okrika also related to Igbo?
Yes, one part of Okrika is Igbo descended. The other part is Ijaw descended.
Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by mofewilkie(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2017
nairaman66:
The statue says a lot!! Violence, this is the reason most people from Okrika are blood thirsty and violent! They should take down the statue and build something modest!!

Chairman, if you have nothing good to say, keep quiet.

You haven't condemned the violent movies on TV.
What about the killings in other States?
I'm sure they were encouraged by statues too.

Even in foreign countries, there are statues of great men and women; even some army generals with weapons of all sorts. How does it affect anyone?

Have respect for People's culture.

1 Like

Re: Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) by mofewilkie(m): 8:51am On Aug 23, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Next tin they will spray fake snow around and make winter grin cheesy

If this were a Statue of an Oba of Benin, you'd expect people to be respectful.
Please respect other people's culture.
NOTE: I'm partly Edo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? / 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics) / Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.