Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU (18240 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / Killings: FG Warns Parents Against Sending Their Children To Cyprus / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by Zico5(m): 7:23am On Aug 23, 2017
Ok
Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by fk001(m): 7:24am On Aug 23, 2017
I know a handful number of lecturers that send their children abroad, some are even members of your so called Assu.

Greedy people everywhere

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by walenack(m): 7:26am On Aug 23, 2017
It's kind of true except those who use thier cooperative society loans and you are only allowed to venture into agriculture as a public servant so it's either agriculture , cooperative loans or corrupt means but most of the time it's through corrupt means.
I know this cus i am an auditor in a federal govt parastatal

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by walenack(m): 7:28am On Aug 23, 2017
fk001:
I know a handful number of lecturers that send their children abroad, some are even members of your so called Assu.

Greedy people everywhere

He did not exclude lecturers they are civil servants too so obviously he knows

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by TheVictorious(m): 7:28am On Aug 23, 2017
faceURfront:

You just wake up early in the morning to spew rubbish. Are you the one paying him 400, 000? You, my friend are a very ignorant fellow with zero reasoning.

My friend, even as at 200 thousand salary (it can't be as low as this!), the tuition of an average private school in Nigeria is 600k "per year"; so try to reconcile that.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 23, 2017
That includes ASUU cos some of their members are guilty.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by philkushi: 7:29am On Aug 23, 2017
tell that to Buhari you idiot ASUU
Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by 0b100100111: 7:30am On Aug 23, 2017
Bitter Truth!
Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by omoiyalayi(m): 7:30am On Aug 23, 2017
Thank God for my life He added another year to my years

Happy birthday to me

4 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by olab007(m): 7:31am On Aug 23, 2017
well this statement from ASUU might not be 100 percent correct, but come to think of it, how will a country develop to its full potential , when almost 85 percent of public office holder is into embezzling of government found 1 way or the other , we need to start to look into this and also government should give better payments to workers, there and then we can begining to see the desire change we actually need, all of us need to call a spade a spade and face fact, public found should not be use to acquire personal wealth, is happening in almost all public sector, we should not close our eyes to this fact, those are wht is killing our economy little by little and we are here today.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by martineverest(m): 7:34am On Aug 23, 2017
And u are Demanding that universities should be exempted from TSA U are equally thieves
Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by erico2k2(m): 7:37am On Aug 23, 2017
Statsocial:
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has noted that civil servants who send their children to Nigeria’s private universities are corrupt.

ASUU chairman, University of Ibadan chapter, Dr Deji Omole, who spoke in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital on Sunday pointed out that civil servant with children in private universities in Nigeria must be stealing.

The ASUU chairman spoke when he received a delegation of labour movement led by the Chairman NLC Oyo State, Waheed Olojede who paid a solidarity visit to ASUU in UI on the ongoing strike.

He said, “It is unfortunate that we have to go on strike again, for as long as we continue have bandits in government, we shall continue to struggle. It is sad that in Nigeria that we pay lip service to public education.

“They do not want us to have functional education so that they can continue to exploit us. Our presidents will first visit international communities for endorsement after their election and come back. The only problem they have is ASUU.

“There are about 200 applicants for private universities that they want to give license.

“They had wanted to sell public universities to themselves but ASUU resisted. How many of us can legitimately send our children to private universities?

“Our parents have served them, we are serving them now and they are already planning so that our children will serve them.

“The ruling class are united against the masses. All these ethnic jingoists are being sponsored by those who have lost out of the equation.

“Where is the place of the masses in the restructuring? Our oppressors are united. God loves the poor, he created them more than the rich, and it is left to the poor to use their size to chase away oppressors.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/08/21/civil-servants-sending-children-private-universities-corrupt-ASUU/

lalasticlala thevictorious
Ahahah Un nko una nor send una kids to private schools ?
Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by Ekeseges(f): 7:38am On Aug 23, 2017
bigerboy200:
ASSU no get sense sha
No be ASSU bros ooo. Na ASUU

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by 0b100100111: 7:39am On Aug 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

That is what I call retrogressive mindset. It saddens them that the private institutions are giving the public ones a run for their money, hence revealing how poorly supposed experts like himself have been managing the government owned institutions. Therefore, they will prefer that public officials that have the capacity to train their children in s school like Covenant, send them abroad instead, so they will continue with the status-quo. It follows this reasoning pattern: "if you can't compete beat them; no need to improve upon yourself to match their standard, just drag them down"!

Hello!

What's up there is a bitter truth!

A permanent secretary, ordinarily can not afford a standard private university not to talk of a reputable foreign one.

We re Nigerians and all know how it goes. Stealing has never been corruption in Nigeria.

A civil servant that can afford 800k for just one of his kid is a thief! Though few might be excluded. Very few!

5 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 23, 2017
faceURfront:

You just wake up early in the morning to spew rubbish. Are you the one paying him 400, 000? You, my friend are a very ignorant fellow with zero reasoning.
Common would you keep quiet. Of what relevance is your question?
Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by mykel25(m): 7:40am On Aug 23, 2017
This DR no get sense sha
Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by nictech: 7:42am On Aug 23, 2017
ASSU watch this

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by OmoOshodi(m): 7:42am On Aug 23, 2017
I cry for Nigeria my country .... When I read the first 3comments

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by rezy15(m): 7:43am On Aug 23, 2017
Funny how Nigerians pounce on only one detail that may not be entirely true and ignore every other thing that he said that is fact. Federal universities are dying fast. Very soon there will be nothing left for majority of Nigerians to attend. Its not only abt the future of universities we should be worried about but our children unborn. A lecturer receiving peanuts when waec and catarrh filled politicians gulp millions of taxpayers money on luxuries. I pity Nigerian university students. Your lives are only going to get worse. Why always wait for ASUU to strike on your behalf over poor learning conditions?

4 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 23, 2017
Statsocial:
Can you imagine a Nigerian lecturer saying something so foolish. He thinks everyone would be like him, spending money on booze and slay queens rather than investing in his children.

This so called ''Dr'' can't tell me he receives nothing less than 400,000 a month, yet he claims his mate sending their kids to a Crawford university of less than 400,000 per annum must be stealing. Oga u better plan your life.
if you don't understand his post, why not ask for understanding??

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by bablogee(m): 7:45am On Aug 23, 2017
I BELIEVE WHAT THE MAN WAS TRYING TO SAY WAS THAT AVERAGE NIGERIAN PARENTS COULD NOT AFFORD TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES. WHERE AS, THE GENUINELY RICH FEW, THE CORRUPT ONES(SOME CIVIL SERVANT AND SOME POLITICIANS) COULD EASILY DO. PAINFULLY, THESE SET OF PEOPLE ARE THE DECISION MAKERS IN NIGERIA TODAY AND SO FAR THEIR WARDS ARE NOT ATTENDING PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES THEY WILL NEVER GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ASUU. MIND YOU THE MAN WAS SPECIFIC, HE SAID "CORRUPT CIVIL SERVANTS "

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by mykel25(m): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2017
0b100100111:

Hello!

What's up there is a bitter truth!

A permanent secretary, ordinarily can not afford a standard private university not to talk of a reputable foreign one.

We re Nigerians and all know how it goes. Stealing has never been corruption in Nigeria.

A civil servant that can afford 800k for just one of his kid is a thief! Though few might be excluded. Very few!

Pls don't be myopic

My mum was a teacher when she sponsored two children in private university....sensible people have multiple source of income.... She has access to loans easily as a civil servant... So don't say few! If my mum can do it then many can do it! My mum remain my role model

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by sinkhole: 7:49am On Aug 23, 2017
Statsocial:
Can you imagine a Nigerian lecturer saying something so foolish. He thinks everyone would be like him, spending money on booze and slay queens rather than investing in his children.

This so called ''Dr'' can't tell me he receives nothing less than 400,000 a month, yet he claims his mate sending their kids to a Crawford university of less than 400,000 per annum must be stealing. Oga u better plan your life.
Well, I understand your point but that Dr. may actually not be collecting up to that #400k you quoted since he is still answering Dr. then he is not a Prof. yet though he may be Ass. Prof. in which case his salary may be close to #400k, but if he is just a Senior Lecturer then he is definitely not earning up to #400K unless he overstretched himself by doing a lot of visiting activities and mind you most of his earnings may also be used to finance his researches!
Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by Aadeyinka(m): 7:50am On Aug 23, 2017
Statsocial:
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has noted that civil servants who send their children to Nigeria’s private universities are corrupt.

ASUU chairman, University of Ibadan chapter, Dr Deji Omole, who spoke in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital on Sunday pointed out that civil servant with children in private universities in Nigeria must be stealing.

The ASUU chairman spoke when he received a delegation of labour movement led by the Chairman NLC Oyo State, Waheed Olojede who paid a solidarity visit to ASUU in UI on the ongoing strike.

He said, “It is unfortunate that we have to go on strike again, for as long as we continue have bandits in government, we shall continue to struggle. It is sad that in Nigeria that we pay lip service to public education.

“They do not want us to have functional education so that they can continue to exploit us. Our presidents will first visit international communities for endorsement after their election and come back. The only problem they have is ASUU.

“There are about 200 applicants for private universities that they want to give license.

“They had wanted to sell public universities to themselves but ASUU resisted. How many of us can legitimately send our children to private universities?

“Our parents have served them, we are serving them now and they are already planning so that our children will serve them.

“The ruling class are united against the masses. All these ethnic jingoists are being sponsored by those who have lost out of the equation.

“Where is the place of the masses in the restructuring? Our oppressors are united. God loves the poor, he created them more than the rich, and it is left to the poor to use their size to chase away oppressors.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/08/21/civil-servants-sending-children-private-universities-corrupt-ASUU/

lalasticlala thevictorious
all negativities here caused by govt when things are not put in order and simply because their children not involved,all their children schooling abroad so they less concern, same as hospital issues, they go abroad for headache etc claimed fake drugs are in Nigeria and most involved in shady business , most in power are bunch of idiots
Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by mykel25(m): 7:51am On Aug 23, 2017
That Dr spoke with his level of exposure.... Oyo state is a poor state with limited business opportunities.....buh d man is dumb I swear to make that statement

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by 0b100100111: 7:52am On Aug 23, 2017
mykel25:

Pls don't be myopic

My mum was a teacher when she sponsored two children in private university....sensible people have multiple source of income.... She has access to loans easily as a civil servant... grin grin
So don't say few! If my mum can do it then many can do it! My mum remain my role model

Teacher shocked shocked shocked

For 4years she was sponsoring 2 wards on loan in a private university?

It's Okay!

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by eyinjuege: 7:52am On Aug 23, 2017
Most students in private unis are not being sponsored by only one parent income. Couples come together to send their kids to these unis.
A cooperative loan from the wife, another from the husband goes a long way in settling their children's school fees.
Some parents make such unbelievable sacrifices to send their children to private unis. Some starve, live in uncompleted buildings to make this happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

That is what I call retrogressive mindset. It saddens them that the private institutions are giving the public ones a run for their money, hence revealing how poorly supposed experts like himself have been managing the government owned institutions. Therefore, they will prefer that public officials that have the capacity to train their children in s school like Covenant, send them abroad instead, so they will continue with the status-quo. It follows this reasoning pattern: "if you can't compete beat them; no need to improve upon yourself to match their standard, just drag them down"!
it will make sense if they sell these public institutions so that all universities in Nigeria will be private and then pay high school fees to keep up. What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by Tj70(m): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2017
Very true. Only corrupt civil servants send their children to private universities.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by walexbiz(m): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2017
kelvinreality:

Not so true. Not all civil servants solely rely on the income they derive from Federal Government.
Do you know that apart from FGN Stipends they may also have other source of income by engaging in trade. Dear ASUU, don't be so myopic on this issue. Some civil servants may even have unearned source of income.

The fact that the situation in Nigeria is bad and most people feed from hand to mouth due to depression do not mean we don't have people finding it easy in this country.

At least 90% true, the public service rule which is the constitution of both the public and civil service does not give room for anybody to participate in private business other than farming, so where the mystery fund to send their Ward to privates University can simply be adduced to stealing.
The low monthly salary a civil or public servant earns will not suffice him to afford private university orforeign university.
I am saying this because I myself i am public servant so I know the pittance most government employee as monthly take home

5 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by ksbusari(m): 7:55am On Aug 23, 2017
private Institutions r plus to Nigeria government. the government will continue to contribute nothing to public education just because of what they realize at the end of every year from the private institutions.
Re: Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU by matrixme(m): 7:55am On Aug 23, 2017
So if they are on strike, their brains should be on Stike too? I wonder if the man thinks every civil servant is as poor and miserable as himself.
Many people knows how to use the little they have profitably and are blessed, so even if they are on the same salary scale, they don't have the same level of financial orientation. Besides does he think everyone appreciates sending their children down to public universities to have their lives destroyed by his likes? Half of my colleagues for instance had carry over in a second semester 500L course (many of which was their first) because they lecturer was told in the meeting that he normally passes his students, so he wanted to prove otherwise. They didn't follow us to serve that year upon all pleading and prayers
University lecturers in Nigeria are not known for wisdom though, so I won't blame him.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download LAUTECH Post Utme Past Questions Here For Free. / Students Stage #EndAsuuStrike #BlackFridayWalk Today In Lagos / Covenant University Receives Patents For Dual Auto Engine And 7 Other Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.