Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help (50240 Views)

4 Major Fintech Companies In Nigeria Have Been Frozen By Central Bank Of Nigeria / UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos) / My Bank Account Has Been Frozen By Diamond Bank. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by 00Ademi(m): 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
crowntoro:
Things dey happen..... We learn everyday

walai, if I dey atm and anybody near me peren grin grin grin grin cheesy
grin grin at Bolded.

1 Like

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by einsteine(m): 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
Go tell that to the owners of the bulk sms sites that are being arrested by EFCc when someone makes payment with stolen funds.

All companies are supposed to do KYC. You must know the identity of your customers. When they pay with stolen funds, you would be held responsible by EFCC or Police.

That excuse you typed would not save you if you can't provide evidence of KYC.

jaxxy:

I hv no business with his betting games bt to clarify if ur transacting ur legitimate business and sm1 pays ur from a stolen card its non of ur business cos how r u to even know in d 1st place? All u did was carry out ur legitimate biz for a customer. If u don't hv a legit biz and u collected such money for no service is a different story.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
erico2k2:

hmm I recon he has his daily limit for the day hence he requested for that sum
My bank said the report given to them from the other bank is that the man used a stolen card to transact
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2017
Use a stolen card but the man withdraw with it right. why can't they trace were he first started the withdrawal. u would have been arrested if they are seeing u guilty. what if the man use it for buying goods using POS. that means business owner is innocent because he is using POS. the Law in my country is shit.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by jaxxy(m): 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2017
einsteine:

Go tell that to the owners of the bulk sms sites that are being arrested by EFCc when someone makes payment with stolen funds.

All companies are supposed to do KYC. You must know the identity of your customers. When they pay with stolen funds, you would be held responsible by EFCC or Police.

That excuse you typed would not save you if you can't provide evidence of KYC.

Yes kyc im fully aware bt sad to say only banks and federal/state bodies can do that even banks smtmes can't fully verify that. Besides not all companies have kyc in their policy. Banks only started it sm years back. Its left for effcc or the police to catch the criminals not u doing ur legit biz.

2 Likes

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by pokipoki: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:
it was during the first week of june, i went to the ATM to make withdrawal.. As usual it was a very long queue. A middleaged man approached me to help him withdraw cash by transferring cash to my account. I agreed to help him due to his urgency. I never knew he used a stolen card! This has been given serious concern and its d reason why i brought d issue so as to know what to do...
What you actually need to do is to get a lawyer. Your account was frozen because there is an ongoing investigation. Once the investigation is completed, the police will have a warrant for your arrest.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
OP don't play to the bank plan of refunding what u know nothing of if the transaction was fraud. Nigeria Law to make clear case of this . so many people are in life imprison for such case. My Guy u have been Dammycrane by the man.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by princetom1(m): 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
EgunMogaji:
How do I protect myself as a seller if I accept bank transfer as payment?

Thanks.

After reading about a fraudster earlier today, who can customize text messages and make it looks like the real deal, i just change operation mode... Any important transactions u are making, weda u get alert (mail or text) or not, it's now a must to confirm from your bank ID truly money enter or not. . . U can never tell, who is into scamming these days
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by NairalandSARS: 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
taylor88:
ThankGod i don't even have bank account

I find it risky entrusting my money to faceless ppl

my money always dey with me
Bros, abeg where u dey stay? I wan ask you something
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
NairalandSARS:

grin
NairalandSARS:

waitin u wan ask am. u wan go Rob am Sars
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

i was told dat i wont b able to open another account as my BVN has been flagged. Dis has been my greatest mistake and regret
the said amount is 50k.can they use cctv footage to id the man?

Baba as e take be like this, it's either you get a good lawyer, or go to police first (remember police is not your friend all d tym)

Your bvn has been flagged off means you can't open account any, at any bank again.
In fact, anything tht will have to do with bvn, jus count yourself out.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by princetom1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
Just reading about OP predicament, he should act fast.. .. I think the security camera should capture u and the said main... EFCC and the bank can cooperate and clear ur name on this, provided u make the right moves... Baba EgunMogaji, Shey this idea better?
Modified : Acting fast is the key, am not sure Nigerian banks keeps security cam data for long

cc: GAZZUZZ, ofedegbe
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
Incase u guys here want to donate fraud money abeg my account dey available o. like 100million
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by princetom1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
NairalandSARS:

I heared he dey live on top mango tree
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
Your BVN is flag of. u don't know the status of the case. forget those customer care and request to see the manager after getting police report. get your siblings involve. this is why criminals are out large without investigation. except OP your hand nor clean cus no one is to be trusted. maybe OP get him 50% share
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
Your BVN is flag of. u don't know the status of the case. forget those customer care and request to see the manager after getting police report. get your siblings involve. this is why criminals are out large without investigation. except OP your hand nor clean cus no one is to be trusted. maybe OP get him 50% share
Am clean that I can assure you...what I need to know is if it's possible to make a report by myself at the station cos my lawyer cousin isn't around atm?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by laudate: 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

The man used one of the non paying ATMS to do the transfer
ofedegbe:
I requested that I see the footage of the ATM but my bank told me I can only get the footage through d victim's bank
What they are saying is rubbish. angry As long as the man made that transfer on an ATM within your bank's premises like you said, they should have the camera footage. Every ATM terminal has its' own internal camera, and even the ATM lobby should have an overall CCTV camera that captures everyone walking in and out of the place. undecided Get a good lawyer to harrass them. If they don't provide it, tell them you will sue!
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

Am clean that I can assure you...what I need to know is if it's possible to make a report by myself at the station cos my lawyer cousin isn't around atm?
yes with 2k.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
laudate:

What they are saying is rubbish. angry As long as the man made that transfer on an ATM within your bank's premises like you said, they should have the camera footage. Every ATM terminal has its' own internal camera, and even the ATM lobby should have an overall CCTV camera that captures everyone walking in and out of the place. undecided Get a good lawyer to harrass them. If they don't provide it, tell them you will sue!
verygood point. OP first get a police report. some of all those customer services at bank don't know anything. especially those ladies thinking they are better than u. they sometimes say what they don't know.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by crowntoro(f): 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
00Ademi:
grin grin at Bolded.
Naxo now
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by crowntoro(f): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
akthedream:

LOL.. Abi oo. That trouble thread .
Eku igbadun
loolz
Igbadun indeed
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 2:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
yes with 2k.
Can I go alone or someone should accompany me?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
ibusiness:

I will Advise you to get a lawyer and report yourself to SCID,Panti to explain yourself and innocence they are in-charge of all fraud cases regards to Bank Fraud,i was surprise the bank let you go when you visited them,most bank arrest you immediately you visit there bank when such case is reported...i was a victim of such some years back.....

Hoq were u able to resolve it Sir?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

Can I go alone or someone should accompany me?
Hmm yes. depends on the IPO. tell them your account was illegally frozen cus of some transaction u sure u are innocent of. police like money.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Eglobalma: 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
blackboy2star:
Step 1 - ask for the victim(the person they wired the money from) details and get in-touch with the person, ask the person which police station he reported the case too cos your account can't be freeze with police knowing about it.
step 2 - Look for a lawyer or Police(family friend) and go to the said station with the victim to report yourself. You will settle the matter their and you'll pay for police report to the bank (should be issued by the same station not road side report) to open your account.

You'll settle police (the police in charge)
You'll settle them to write letter to your bank to open your account.

if u are wise mr @ofedegbe u better listen to this guy's advice. best yet. nice one bro.

1 Like

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by jfleece(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2017
taylor88:
ThankGod i don't even have bank account

I find it risky entrusting my money to faceless ppl

my money always dey with me
young man have u paid ur tithe to me
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by rezzy: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
And my sister is encouraging me to do this, instead of withdrawing, a customer will give me cash, then I will transfer to him or her, vice versa

She needs to see this
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by millionboi(m): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2017
tosyne2much:
Hope you didn't use it to credit your Bet9ja account?
lol.... Credit � bet9ja acct is still successful

Safetoken is working fine
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by drtee247(m): 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
gentlemate00:
My broda till today no money enter my account

I don't understand.. When he received debit alert.. Didn't u also receive credit alert on your fone?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by tosyne2much(m): 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
millionboi:
lol.... Credit � bet9ja acct is still successful

Safetoken is working fine
I hope say UBA don contact you by now?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

He did the transfer on the non paying ATM machines
If he transferred from an ATM in the bank. Then he can still be nabbed. I believe the ATM should capture his face also. So why isn't the bank trying that option? What if the man is even the supposed victim and probably that's how he does to unsuspecting passionate people like you? Just what if?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ImaIma1(f): 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:
it was during the first week of june, i went to the ATM to make withdrawal.. As usual it was a very long queue. A middleaged man approached me to help him withdraw cash by transferring cash to my account. I agreed to help him due to his urgency. I never knew he used a stolen card! This has been given serious concern and its d reason why i brought d issue so as to know what to do...

Sometimes i think we take help too far. Your account should not be toiled with. Don't help to your own detriment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

American Fast-Food Franchise, Burger King Set To Open Outlets In Nigeria / The Dantata/Dangote Story: How To Create A Dynasty Of Billionaires (2020) / Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.