Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? (79941 Views)

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B / Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by trippleKAY(m): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
femidejulius:
I have been around for a while. Richest man in Nigeria has largely been based on people's perception and it may not be necessarily accurate until we got to the era of technology when the world became global village and it became more easier to track people's wealth. However from 1960 till date, these people have been respectively believed to be the richest by a large number of Nigerians.

*Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (Emeka Ojukwu's father)
*Mobolaji Bank-Anthony
*Moshood K. Abiola
*Alhaji Aliko Dangote

There's no point criticizing this list. I am not saying it is 100% accurate but if you ask around, it is popular enough to be considered.
95% accurate , very true

5 Likes

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
femidejulius:
I have been around for a while. Richest man in Nigeria has largely been based on people's perception and it may not be necessarily accurate until we got to the era of technology when the world became global village and it became more easier to track people's wealth. However from 1960 till date, these people have been respectively believed to be the richest by a large number of Nigerians.

*Mobolaji Bank-Anthony
*Moshood K. Abiola
*Alhaji Aliko Dangote

There's no point criticizing this list. I am not saying it is 100% accurate but if you ask around, it is popular enough to be considered.

Correct answer. These children on NL don't read; many have never even heard of Bank-Anthony

5 Likes

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by prof800(m): 8:32am On Aug 25, 2017
kayoph:
M.K.O Abiola was the richest man in Nigeria in the early 90's till he died "i think"
That's what they made us believe. (He is the richest so he is going into politics to help the masses not to enrich his pockets.)
A proper research into history will open our eyes.

@Topic.
Yes De Rocha but that was a really long time ago, so doesn't count.
Yes Antonio Deinde Fernandez, Alhaji Alhassan Dantata, Harry Akande and Isiaku Rabiu.
But PierreDeFermat forgot to mention the ultimate rich man of the late 80s to 90. He was called MAI DERIBE.

7 Likes

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by sukkot: 9:07am On Aug 25, 2017
razaq okoya eleganza. then dangote knocked him out of the top spot and we dont hear of him again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by donqx: 9:07am On Aug 25, 2017
me ofcours
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2017
NeeKlaus:

Lols! Okay..

*laughs in Diezani.. smiles in Babangida.*
hiss in abacha

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by cinoedhunter: 9:09am On Aug 25, 2017
Danjuma
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by dacovajnr: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2017
Abacha! grin
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2017
My father was the richest & i will also be richer than dangote plus bilgates in less than few decades In sha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by lonelydora: 9:11am On Aug 25, 2017
Op, Dangote is not the richest man in Nigeria. Why he is rated the richest is because he has not had any access to government's money by holding any public office. Dangote is not richer than IBB, T.Y Danjuma or Abacha family.

Just like Putin, the President of Russia, is not counted as a rich man in the world because he's a president. Bill Gate is not richer than Putin, incase you don't know.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by veraponpo(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2017
femidejulius:

*Mobolaji Bank-Anthony
*Moshood K. Abiola
*Alhaji Aliko Dangote

Please show proofs that Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu was the wealthiest in his time.

Not hearsay, please. We are not arguing, because it has been busted here on many occasions that he was rich but not the wealthiest, thereby puncturing the balloon of that big line of words.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by dust144(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2017
Let me ask Late Abacha or Abdulsalam or Mathew? Am coming.
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2017
purem:
Me of course or if u don't agree lemme ax ifa

What was the result
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by tsmat(m): 9:12am On Aug 25, 2017
it's dangote
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 25, 2017
MKO Abiola, Ojukwu's father, Awolowo, Fernandez and many were rich men known for their prosperity
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by maryjay99: 9:14am On Aug 25, 2017
No man from Niger Delta & it's from oil these people been mentioned made their wealth. To bad.
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by ikorodureporta: 9:14am On Aug 25, 2017
purem:
Me of course or if u don't agree lemme ax ifa

thats not the right ifa to ask. It looks biafran.......see d nigerian ifa here...

4 Likes

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by colossus91(m): 9:14am On Aug 25, 2017
bobrisky grin
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2017
[quote author=Emmem005 post=59776020]It has been for some years now hearing Aliko Dangote here and there........has Nigeria never produced a world class rich man before?
My question goes thus::: WHO IS THE RICHEST MAN IN NIGERIA BEFORE DANGOTE?

My father
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by kkboy(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2017
Evans collaborators on the move, indirectly looking for the next kidnap victim.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Jarus(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2017
30s - 40s - Alhassan Dantata
40s - 60s - Sir Louis Ojukwu
70s - Henry Fajemirokun
late 70s - 90s - MKO Abiola

Late 90s before Dangote - Mike Adenuga/Deinde Fernandez

From 2000s: Dangote

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by ireneidiva(f): 9:16am On Aug 25, 2017
napoleon77:

Was
'It has been for some years' nko? Abeg help us correct that one. The grammar just tire me.

3 Likes

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by lonelydora: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2017
NeeKlaus:
Who is the Richest man in Nigeria now??
Please, don't tell me Dangote.

We know that's not true.

Don't mind Op. IBB, OBJ, Danjuma, etc.
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by nairanaira12: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2017
RealMillennial:
Much as I'd love to see another rising star or undiscovered mogul beat that record, it doesn't look like there's any.

It will happen
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Roon9(m): 9:17am On Aug 25, 2017
NeeKlaus:

Lols! Okay..

*laughs in Diezani.. smiles in Babangida.*

Lols they don't know
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Jabioro: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2017
The most richest man in the 80s was Chief M. K. O Abiola, he maintained it till the 90s when he eventually Dave into politic, unfortunately he got drown by it.. His memories lives long for those who had made it through him.. Ask Raymond Dokpesi the Ray power FM and the first indigenous FM license, he was African Ocean liner Engineer. Abiola made manys....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by colossus91(m): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2017
majekdom2:
MKO Abiola, Ojukwu's father, Awolowo and many were rich men known for their prosperity
which mumu awolowo?? abeghi..........abiola i knoW,ojukwu i know,dangote i know bt believe me abacha is the richest mn Nigeria see the money he stole could nt be calculated,go and see Switzerland,do u know y their economy is stable? abacha funds thats y........he stolemto the extent that his loot is still being returned till date all hail lord abacha!!

5 Likes

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2017
Mko Abiola

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by braining01: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2017
Antonio Dehinde Fernandez
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by 1miccza: 9:20am On Aug 25, 2017
Me naa even Dangote knows that
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by nowpresence(f): 9:20am On Aug 25, 2017
chief Michael ibru was the richest man in Africa during his time. His business empire ranges from fish, oil, aviation, ship, banking and so many others.
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by HeWrites(m): 9:23am On Aug 25, 2017
Thanks to OP and thanks to those dropping meaningful Contribution

It's very Educative

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Come And Learn New Tricks That Cashed Me Over $400 On Fiverr In 5weeks. FREE!! / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. / CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.