Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? (79944 Views)

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B / Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by PierreDeFermat(m): 10:12am On Aug 25, 2017
Juliette05:
Dangote is just an errand boy to the Super rich in Nigeria, he might officially be the richest but he isn't even in the first 30
exactly,he's just helping them to invest,that's why he seems to have supreme influence that even those before him never had. its not his own influence but joint influence of the rich people he represents.
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Apipia: 10:15am On Aug 25, 2017
I am richer than Aliyu Dangote.
98% of his assets are borrow and poise. 2% are his cold comfort, Forbes knew that, and that have been my misunderstanding with them, because I ain't gone public.
My 98 %asset are raw cash in gold, 2% debt I owed to American government. And Donald Trump have been calling me all day to pay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by thunderbabs: 10:15am On Aug 25, 2017
M.K.O Abiola had it. Well known home n abroad.
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by imustsaymymindo: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2017
Mike Adenuga was once richer than Dangote.

You must have heard of Fernadez, he even entered the world list not just naija.

Harry Akande was once 6th richest man in the world and richest man in Nigeria at a time if my memory is still correct.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Juliette05(f): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2017
PierreDeFermat:
exactly,he's just helping them to invest,that's why he seems to have supreme influence that even those before him never had. its not his own influence but joint influence of the rich people he represents.
not only that, well if I talk........ Na god go help us
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by ensamy(m): 10:19am On Aug 25, 2017
Samsung chairman was handcuffed recently for corruption charges in South Korea.
In Nigeria, can Dangote or Mike Adenuga be handcuffed if found to be involved in any corrupt dealings. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by bejeria101(m): 10:19am On Aug 25, 2017
Nova01:
Oluwo Deinde Fernandez .... just google his name

You got it right! None of these pple come close to fernandez!

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by imustsaymymindo: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2017
remedick:
You missed the point he was making... get this today, even Bill Gates is not the richest man in the world! grin grin

There are some living Pablos in the house.
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Philipconcept: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2017
Odumegwu Ojukwu's father. Sir Luis Ojukwu
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by sukkot: 10:25am On Aug 25, 2017
naptu2:
1920s-1950s: Alhaji Al-hassan Dantata (Aliko Dangote's great grandfather).

1950s-early 1960s: Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu.

1970s: Alhaji Aminu Dantata (Aliko Dangote's grand uncle)

1980s - early 1990s: Chief MKO Abiola

Late 1990s- present: Alhaji Aliko Dangote.

Honourable mentions

Joao Candido Da Rocha

Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony

Henry Oloyede Fajemirokun

Antonio Oladeinde Fernandez

Isyaku Rabiu (snr)
any submission from the legendary historian, librarian, statistician, archive maestro named naptu has to be highly considered and regarded

3 Likes

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by kobijacobs(m): 10:28am On Aug 25, 2017
mpam....meaning my dad
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by olanrewaju99(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2017
Mko abiola.
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by sukkot: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2017
confluence:
The guy is right, Russian president Putin may be the richest man in the world
$200Billion
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-02-17/vladimir-putin-could-be-worlds-richest-man-with-200-billion-net-worth-report-says
not by any chance. the richest man in the world is evelyn rotschild. worth 500 trillion dollars and owns almost all the worlds gold reserve. here is a picture of the man and his trillion dollar gold bars

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Akalia(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2017
Apipia:
I am richer than Aliyu Dangote.
98% of his assets are borrow and poise. 2% are his cold comfort, Forbes knew that, and that have been my misunderstanding with them, because I ain't gone public.
My 98 %asset are raw cash in gold, 2% debt I owed to American government. And Donald Trump have calling me all day to pay.
delusional motherfucker

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by lawani: 10:36am On Aug 25, 2017
I suppose it was MKO Abiola at some point.
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by sniperr007(m): 10:40am On Aug 25, 2017
PierreDeFermat:
Isiaku Rabiu also,Isiaku Rabiu is into oil and gas and other businesses and stupendously rich,now in his 90's and his son is one of the richest men in Nigeria today. Isiaku has many trucks also for haulage,there was a time he built about 57 duplexes with furniture's,and everything and started renting to people but people started complaining and packing out because they were hearing strange sounds of ghosts and babies crying in the midnight and Isiaku Rabiu was accused of being a ritualist. the estate is still in the north with nobody living in any of the mansions

Is he the onwer of irs or irk airline?
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Ishilove: 10:41am On Aug 25, 2017
sukkot:
any submission from the legendary historian, librarian, statistician, archive maestro named naptu2 has to be highly considered and regarded
I concur

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Abudiallo: 10:41am On Aug 25, 2017
Na dat man o
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Abudiallo: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2017
lawani:
I suppose it was MKO Abiola at some point.
Abi?
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by motherfucker: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2017
Akalia:
delusional motherfucker

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by PierreDeFermat(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2017
Freethought:

I can tell you with my mouth wide open that aliko is not the richest man right now.. People seem to confuse richest with famous. Dangote is rich and famous but believe me when i say the richest man in Nigeria right now is not jfamous
yeah,I know a man who is not known in his state,but known in his town and due to many occurrences ,he was alleged to be a ritualist and so wealthy that people said a storey building wouldn't contain his raw cash. some ritualists especially are richer than Dangote because their money is infinite
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Ishilove: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2017
PierreDeFermat:
Isiaku Rabiu also,Isiaku Rabiu is into oil and gas and other businesses and stupendously rich,now in his 90's and his son is one of the richest men in Nigeria today. Isiaku has many trucks also for haulage,there was a time he built about 57 duplexes with furniture's,and everything and started renting to people but people started complaining and packing out because they were hearing strange sounds of ghosts and babies crying in the midnight and Isiaku Rabiu was accused of being a ritualist. the estate is still in the north with nobody living in any of the mansions
Is this true or urban legend?

Naptu2
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Pharrel22(m): 10:45am On Aug 25, 2017
Chief Timothy Adeola Odutola and Chief Henry Fajemirikun
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Pharrel22(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2017
Chief Timothy Adeola Odutola and Chief Henry Fajemirikun are competitors back then
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Pharrel22(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2017
Chief Timothy Adeola Odutola and Chief Henry Fajemirokun are competitors back then.
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Burgerlomo: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2017
Our Papa shocked
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by PierreDeFermat(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2017
sniperr007:

Is he the onwer of irs or irk airline?
yeah,IRS
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by stabilizer: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2017
grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

squash47:
Huspuppi

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by PierreDeFermat(m): 10:51am On Aug 25, 2017
Ishilove:

Naptu2
very true,even more 3 people have attested to it here on nairaland,see the posts I was mentioned here and you'll see their comments
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by PierreDeFermat(m): 10:51am On Aug 25, 2017
Ishilove:

Naptu2
very true,even 3 people have attested to it here on nairaland,see the posts I was mentioned here and you'll see their comments
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by sukkot: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2017
kobijacobs:
mpam....meaning my dad
bros ya dad does not even have common pejo ( peugeot ). stop this rough play bros angry

grin
Re: Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? by Freethought(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2017
PierreDeFermat:
yeah,I know a man who is not known in his state,but known in his town and due to many occurrences ,he was alleged to be a ritualist and so wealthy that people said a storey building wouldn't contain his raw cash. some ritualists especially are richer than Dangote because their money is infinite

Chai!! People can translate for africa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. / CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day / Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.