Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise (10093 Views)

Nigerian Man Under Trial In Dubai For Beating Up An Indian / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Where Can I Buy Gold In Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by akanbijm: 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2010
I am planning to relocate to Dubai with 3 years woking permit which will be sent by the company that want to employ me over there. But, I am afraid of taking this offer because the job is  for  the unskilled worker and secondly I do not really know what is going on with Nigerians in Dubai.Currently, I have H.N.D in Accounting from one of the polytechics in Nigeria and I have been seaching for job for more than 14 months without seeing any job in Nigeria.I would be happy if the Nigerians in Dubai can help me answer the following questions before I take my final decision.

1. Is it going to  be easy for me to get another  job when I get to Dubai?

2. How is life in Dubai?

3.what should be my expectations in Dubai?

Please, I need advise from those who have knowledge of Dubai.
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2010
akanbijm:

I am planning to relocate to Dubai with 3 years woking permit which will be sent by the company that want to employ me over there. But, I am afraid of taking this offer because the job is for the unskilled worker and secondly I do not really know what is going on with Nigerians in Dubai.Currently, I have H.N.D in Accounting from one of the polytechics in Nigeria and I have been seaching for job for more than 14 months without seeing any job in Nigeria.I would be happy if the Nigerians in Dubai can help me answer the following questions before I take my final decision.
1. Is it going to be easy for me to get another job when I get to Dubai?
2. How is life in Dubai?
Did u get that through an agent? I'm just asking cos getting work permit as an unskilled worker sounds abit dodgy. I really hope u are doing the right thing
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by akanbijm: 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2010
Of course, I got the job through an agent who scanned all my credentials to the employer in Dubai after the authetication of all documents here in Nigeria and I have not paid him any money to him.Infact, he is one of my neighbours and he has stayed in Dubai for 8 years before coming back to Nigeria.So, we see on a daily basis.Do you suspend anything.?
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2010
akanbijm:

Of course, I got the job through an agent who scanned all my credentials to the employer in Dubai after the authetication of all documents here in Nigeria and I have not paid him any money to him.Infact, he is one of my neighbours and he has stayed in Dubai for 8 years before coming back to Nigeria.So, we see on a daily basis.Do you suspend anything.?

Since u haven't paid anything and he is ur neighbour then i rest my case. Good luck.
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by akanbijm: 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2010
Thank you very much.Mr justwise. I really appreciate your concern.keep up the good work, may God help continue to guide you. If you nothing that it is not possible to issue a work permit to unskilled worker, please let me know because being my neighbour does not mean he play a funny game.I believe that a Nigerian will always behave like a nigerian.I will be expecting your reply.Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by Orilee9ice(m): 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
@ Akanbijm
if your neighbour stayed in dubai for 8years, he should be in a position to tell you the rudiments of Dubai and how to survive there, personally for me, that country, is just a place for Holidays, and if you are Muslim and can endure all the religious rules they have fine, if not, i would think 2ce about doing to live there, Surviving on a daily basis is expensive unless u have someone to stay with at the beginning which should not be for very long or else they will show you the door, they also have strict rules about work permits and the minute they find out your papers are fake they throw u in jail without any explanation, pending your deportation, this has happened to so many Britons i know who think they can get away with tax-heaven salaries, how much more a 9jirian, all i will say is LOOK B4 U LEAP, God Bless! and Good Luck
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by Demdem(m): 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2010
akanbijm:

I am planning to relocate to Dubai with 3 years woking permit which will be sent by the company that want to employ me over there. But, I am afraid of taking this offer because the job is for the unskilled worker and secondly I do not really know what is going on with Nigerians in Dubai.Currently, I have H.N.D in Accounting from one of the polytechics in Nigeria and I have been seaching for job for more than 14 months without seeing any job in Nigeria.I would be happy if the Nigerians in Dubai can help me answer the following questions before I take my final decision.

1. Is it going to be easy for me to get another job when I get to Dubai?

2. How is life in Dubai?

Endeavour to make sure ur papers are ok and authentic. After this, i think u can go having in mind that if things are not as conducive as u had envisaged then u come back on ur own lets say after 2months or so (to be on the safe side, endeavour to have some money to buy a return ticket back to naija if its hell as u are going undecided)
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by suxes2005(m): 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2010
Poster,

How much is d job offer and moreover
if it is not a gud job so why take it?

I dnt advice Dubai cos my friend returned
from dia last week and he said dia is nofin
in Dubai, He is a member of dis forum i just hope
he can come and say somfin here

SHALOM
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by noblegas2(m): 12:55am On Feb 20, 2010
@ suxes2005, wat was ur friendz mission in Dubai? I get puzzled each tym i see or hear a negative stereotype bowt D Middle east!
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by suxes2005(m): 1:38am On Feb 20, 2010
noble_gas1:

@ suxes2005, wat was your friendz mission in Dubai? I get puzzled each tym i see or hear a negative stereotype bowt D Middle east!

He is in d best position to say it.
I only saw his offline whenhe returned
telling me he went to Dubai and l8a
saw his pix on FB.

SHALOM
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by shagry1(m): 7:31am On Feb 20, 2010
akanbijm:

I am planning to relocate to Dubai with 3 years woking permit which will be sent by the company that want to employ me over there. But, I am afraid of taking this offer because the job is  for  the unskilled worker and secondly I do not really know what is going on with Nigerians in Dubai.Currently, I have H.N.D in Accounting from one of the polytechics in Nigeria and I have been seaching for job for more than 14 months without seeing any job in Nigeria.I would be happy if the Nigerians in Dubai can help me answer the following questions before I take my final decision.

1. Is it going to  be easy for me to get another  job when I get to Dubai?

2. How is life in Dubai?

@ Poster

Can you explain what type of Job they offered you 4get about salary 4 now? b4 i can say anything. bcus i live in dubai and am working as a graphic artist in company @ Media City.

noble_gas1:

@ suxes2005, wat was your friendz mission in Dubai? I get puzzled each tym i see or hear a negative stereotype bowt D Middle east!

I like dat question. kiss
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by suxes2005(m): 11:06am On Feb 20, 2010
I like dat question

I fink I av answered that?

Like I said he is a memebr of this forum
and I'll ask him to come say somfin maybe
send dis thread to his offline,

Smoothcoolchoice some say somfin oooooooo

SHALOM
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by shagry1(m): 1:02pm On Feb 20, 2010
I dont know y most of us (Nigerians) always belive dat in abroad, getting a Job is just like picking up empty pure water bags on d road of Lagos. some people thinks dat, now am in America so is a normal thing 4 me 2 make it which is not true. Wht we suppose 2 be praying 4 is to b in a place where our blessing's is, it maybe ghana, togo, pakistan, london or anywhere. not 2 b saying there is nothing here, nothing there. some of my frds dat i left in naija with nothing are now somthing. even does in London and US. wht will b will be

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by Demdem(m): 1:07pm On Feb 20, 2010
I personally know of two people working in dubai. believe me, they are not doing badly at all.

shagry1:

I dont know y most of us (Nigerians) always belive dat in abroad, getting a Job is just like picking up empty pure water bags on d road of Lagos. some people thinks dat, now am in America so is a normal thing 4 me 2 make it which is not true. Wht we suppose 2 be praying 4 is to b in a place where our blessing's is, it maybe ghana, togo, pakistan, london or anywhere. not 2 b saying there is nothing here, nothing there. some of my frds dat i left in naija with nothing are now somthing. even does in London and US. wht will b will be

This guy blessing could also be located in Dubai u know. Anyway, he said he has been looking for a job for the past 14months here in naija all to avail. dont u think its a good idea if he try other places moreso a ready job waiting for him undecided my tot really
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by shagry1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2010
Demdem:

I personally know of two people working in dubai. believe me, they are not doing badly at all.

This guy blessing could also be located in Dubai u know. Anyway, he said he has been looking for a job for the past 14months here in naija all to avail. dont u think its a good idea if he try other places moreso a ready job waiting for him undecided my tot really

But d guy hav 2 say d type of Job dey offered him
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by Demdem(m): 3:10pm On Feb 20, 2010
shagry1:

But d guy hav 2 say d type of Job dey offered him

U are correct there. he wasnt specific but he gave us an idea of the kind of job he is being offered (Unskilled Work).
Personally, i am not fully in support with jobs like that but does he really av a choice
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by shagry1(m): 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2010
Demdem:

U are correct there. he wasnt specific but he gave us an idea of the kind of job he is being offered (Unskilled Work).
Personally, i am not fully in support with jobs like that but does he really av a choice

he have a choice for now cus once he signed d contract, dat is d end bcus he most work with the company 4 3years or face ban for like 6-1year in d country
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by Demdem(m): 6:38am On Feb 22, 2010
shagry1:

he have a choice for now cus once he signed d contract, dat is d end bcus he most work with the company 4 3years or face ban for like 6-1year in d country

shocked shocked shocked Thats a different twist really. Are u sure about that? Are all jobs (Skilled and unskilled) in dubai like that will enquire about this though. I personally will not sign such. (Bond Job-not me angry)
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by shagry1(m): 8:31am On Feb 22, 2010
Demdem:

shocked shocked shocked Thats a different twist really. Are u sure about that? Are all jobs (Skilled and unskilled) in dubai like that will enquire about this though. I personally will not sign such. (Bond Job-not me angry)

demdem i work in here (Dubai) i cant wake up 2morow 2 say am resigning 2morow or else i face d penalty is just like d way football club sign players
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by akanbijm: 10:35am On Feb 22, 2010
Shagry 1 Are you saying it is not possible to move to another job after signing with the compay?. Please explain better for me
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by shagry1(m): 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2010
akanbijm:

Shagry 1 Are you saying it is not possible to move to another job after signing with the compay?. Please explain better for me

if u want 2 cancel your contract b4 3years den u will b ban 4 working visa 4 6month or 1 year unless if ur new company is ready 2 pay to remove the ban from ur P.

if is unskilled work it will be more difficult for you to switch after paying for your ticket fee and others hmmm. They can even do something bad if there are not ok with u 2 leave d company. so just think about it b4 u take a step.
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by shagry1(m): 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2010
ok?
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by shagry1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 22, 2010
Am still waiting for the answer for the type of job dey offered u
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by justwise(m): 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2010
akanbijm:

shagry1:

if u want 2 cancel your contract b4 3years den u will b ban 4 working visa 4 6month or 1 year unless if your new company is ready 2 pay to remove the ban from your P.
if is unskilled work it will be more difficult for you to switch after paying for your ticket fee and others hmmm. They can even do something bad if there are not ok with u 2 leave d company. so just think about it b4 u take a step.

shagry1 link=topic=400932.msg5561844#msg5561844 date=1266847519:

ok?
shagry1:

Am still waiting for the answer for the type of job dey offered u

What is going on here? So[b] shagry [/b] is also akanbijm ? I knew there is something fishy about this thread from day one. Nigerians hey!!!!
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by suxes2005(m): 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2010
justwise,

lets continue the work

Another scammer busted!

That is good

SHALOM
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by kadman(m): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2010
Justwise I normally appreciate your "scam busting" skills. . But in this case there is nothing to show that Shargy and the OP are the same ID. I think now you're just being paranoid.
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by justwise(m): 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2010
kadman:

Justwise I normally appreciate your "scam busting" skills. . But in this case there is nothing to show that Shargy and the OP are the same ID. I think now you're just being paranoid.

You are right, i have gone through the posts again and saw my mistake.

My apologies to Shagry 1 and akanbijm .

Thanks for pointing that out.
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by Demdem(m): 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2010
shagry1:

demdem i work in here (Dubai) i cant wake up 2morow 2 say am resigning 2morow or else i face d penalty is just like d way football club sign players

Well, i got u but my question is is it applicable to all jobs available in Dubai for foreigners willing to work there. is it backed by law?
Anyway @ poster, Read ur contract very well and understand it fully before u sign. SHIKENA.
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by akanbijm: 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2010
Mr justwise- I am happy that you have been monitoring this forum seriously in order to ensure that it is not taken over by the scammers and I really appreciate that.But, you should also observe very well what you are saying in this the forum .We are here to assist each other and receive information from the area where do not have knowledge.Please, i am not a scammer. Keep up the good work.May God continue to guide you.
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by justwise(m): 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2010
akanbijm:

Mr justwise- I am happy that you have been monitoring this forum seriously in order to ensure that it is not taken over by the scammers and I really appreciate that.But, you should also observe very well what you are saying in this the forum .We are here to assist each other and receive information from the area where do not have knowledge.Please, i am not a scammer. Keep up the good work.May God continue to guide you.

I do understand that, when kadman pointed out the mistake and i made my apologies even b4 u saw my mistake, i delibrately left my mistake there, i wouldn't deleted it after kadman pointed it out. I just don't want it to look as if i'm hiding anything.
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by akanbijm: 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2010
Shagry1  I think for personal reason I won' t be able to disclose the type of job the company offer me.But you can give me your  e-mail address or your phone number in Dubai so that we can discuss better since you have the knowledge of what is going in Dubai. I will  really appreciate that.Remember,the job is unskilled job.
Re: Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise by Vicjustice: 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2010
akanbijm:

I am planning to relocate to Dubai with 3 years woking permit which will be sent by the company that want to employ me over there. But, I am afraid of taking this offer because the job is  for  the unskilled worker and secondly I do not really know what is going on with Nigerians in Dubai.Currently, I have H.N.D in Accounting from one of the polytechics in Nigeria and I have been seaching for job for more than 14 months without seeing any job in Nigeria.I would be happy if the Nigerians in Dubai can help me answer the following questions before I take my final decision.

1. Is it going to  be easy for me to get another  job when I get to Dubai?

2. How is life in Dubai?

If you got your visa (or work permit) through the company that would be employing you, then, i'm afraid you can not change your job when you get to Dubai until after a long considerable period of time. Your visa/work-permit was issued subject to the company's support and accepting responsibility for your migration, therefore, you ought to render your services to the company according to the terms and conditions which you must have signed for.
  You may be able to get off the company when the years of contract has expired, but this will be subject to the UAE immigration and naturalization policy whether you're allowed to remain or asked to leave the country.
  Now, talking about how life is in Dubai, my question is: could it be any worse that it is in Nigeria?
  And as for your expectations, my answer is: expect the unexpected.
  So now, considering the fact that you do not have any better offer in Nigeria, i don't see any reason why you should be contemplating on such offer because, judging from the way situations are in Nigeria, your 14 months of jobseeking might just be the beginning of your struggles.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Enquires About Turkey / On My Way To Abakaliki For A Meeting! / TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.