Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc (21897 Views)

Caught In The Act...pls What Would You Do In This Situation? / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. / Dated For 9 Years Just To Fine Out That Both Of Us Have Same Genotype (as) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by kaz4sure: 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2010
Pls i need your response about the difference between genotype AS AND SC. pls it is very urgent. thanks in anticipation for your response
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2010
What's AC undecided
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by kaz4sure: 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2010
srry i mean AS AND SC
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by 190: 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2010
@uju

AC = air condition

@kaz4sure

SC == se~,x,xy condition

I hope ive answered your questions now~

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by xynerise: 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2010
Which one is SC? Shey na security? grin
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by Mannylex(m): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2010
@poster there's no genotype SC, the genotype's are;
AA
AS
SS

2 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^ I think he means SS undecided
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by maybel(m): 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2010
SC is an abnormal type of genotype. It is very rear-i mean not common.
Those having SC as their genotype are not advsed to marry AS.
They dont usually have attacks like SS but it is appriopriate 4 them to marry AA cos any attempt to marry AS cud bring forth sicklers.

4 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by ravenzord(m): 9:49pm On Feb 19, 2010
@ OP: Never heard of the SC genotype, if U meant SS then the difference between SS and AS is that while the individual with the SS genotype has predominantly sickle shaped red blood cells,leading to problems with his/her health, and needs regular medication, the individual with AS is just a carrier of the sickle cell gene,and will not have health problems. It's advisable that individuals with the AS genotype do not marry each other as there's a chance that 1 child out of every 4 they have will be SS. For further information consult Google, or any medical personnel around you.

If U actually meant SC, and you're sure it's different from SS, then use Google, that would give U far more information.
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by Czarskit(m): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2010
There's actually SC. . . It's similar to SS but it's not. Got a friend who's SC. . . Naija docs said he was AS but when he trvlld he become seriously ill and was crying every now and then that his bones hurt. It was at the hospital that they carried out another test and found out that he's actually SC. . . undecided wink
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by ravenzord(m): 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^^ K, thanks for the info, we learn everyday.
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by concritic: 12:16am On Feb 20, 2010
well there are many haemoglobin types most common are the HbA HbS HbF and HbC. HBs S and C are abnormal types that cause the red blood cells to become deformed during periods of stress in the body( too little oxygen or too much infection.)

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by Freiburger(m): 12:32am On Feb 20, 2010
These are supposed to things that should be taken into consideration when marring,but see 65% so of responses don't even understand what the poster is asking.

6 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by simiolu1(m): 7:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mannylex: @poster there's no genotype SC, the genotype's are;
AA
AS
SS
For clarification; I am SC. I was diagnosed when I went for my medicals in my 100Level days. My elder brother is AC. He found out too when he went for his medicals in school (Unilag).
Both are rare conditions of the SS variant and they (AC and SC) are both carriers of the sickle cell trait. Therefore, my doctor has given me strict warnings about the genotype of the person I am going to marry. Though SC is a little better than SS; I suffer from frequent bone pains (which some people call Rheumatism) buh it has since stopped since my 300level days. I have to frequently observe some things like drinking a lot of water, eating lots of veggies, and not exposing my body to cold. Because I used to take a lot of pain killers, I developed mild ulcer and when I complained to my doctor, He gave me another set of rules. I don't fall ill regularly nor experience frequent malaria and I have never had typhoid but I still carry the sickle cell trait and I don't want to pass it to my children.
Have I answered ur question

12 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by simiolu1(m): 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Czarskit: There's actually SC. . . It's similar to SS but it's not. Got a friend who's SC. . . Naija docs said he was AS but when he trvlld he become seriously ill and was crying every now and then that his bones hurt. It was at the hospital that they carried out another test and found out that he's actually SC. . . undecided wink
I think adapting to a new environment like totally makes people with SC very sick. When I relocated to school (Ogbomoso) from Lagos; I used to frequent d Doctor a lot. The nurses would take my temperature and see nothing physically worng with me buh my bones ached like hell. But after adapting to the atmosphere (3yrs later) the attacks became less frequent.
It was later that my brothers told me I used to experience bone pains a lot when I was a child and my eldest sister (our first born) told me she thinks I inherited it from my Mum who used to have such attacks frequently.
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by ChiSun27(m): 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Haven't hiad of d AC n SC bfor o!!! But I av bn enlightened here alrdy...tnx guys! cool
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by PRIX(m): 12:43am On Jul 21, 2014
simiolu1:
For clarification; I am SC. I was diagnosed when I went for my medicals in my 100Level days. My elder brother is AC. He found out too when he went for his medicals in school (Unilag).
Both are rare conditions of the SS variant and they (AC and SC) are both carriers of the sickle cell trait. Therefore, my doctor has given me strict warnings about the genotype of the person I am going to marry. Though SC is a little better than SS; I suffer from frequent bone pains (which some people call Rheumatism) buh it has since stopped since my 300level days. I have to frequently observe some things like drinking a lot of water, eating lots of veggies, and not exposing my body to cold. Because I used to take a lot of pain killers, I developed mild ulcer and when I complained to my doctor, He gave me another set of rules. I don't fall ill regularly nor experience frequent malaria and I have never had typhoid but I still carry the sickle cell trait and I don't want to pass it to my children.
please tell me what you did that you no longer experience the pains.
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 7:30am On Jul 21, 2014
AS- @ss-hole
SC-sexy cutiepie
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by simiolu1(m): 8:51am On Jul 21, 2014
PRIX:
please tell me what you did that you no longer experience the pains.
I've replied ur PM. Check ur e-mail
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by PRIX(m): 10:38am On Jul 21, 2014
simiolu1:
I've replied ur PM. Check ur e-mail
OK thanks alot
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by simiolu1(m): 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
PRIX: OK thanks alot
Sorry for not replying ur mail on time... I used to take any Ibu- brand painkillers such as (Ibu-pain, Ibu-cap etc). But above all, know d dosage of d drug and administer it accordingly. I once took an over-dose and d results weren't funny.
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by smudge2079(m): 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
I guess we all learn on a daily basis... This is d first time am hearing dis, lemme go & do more research about dis one... Brb # neverstoplearning
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by filiks(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
simiolu1:

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you've enlightened many. God's all the way.
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by filiks(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
simiolu1:
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by simiolu1(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
filiks:

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you've enlightened many. God's all the way.
U welcome
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by PRIX(m): 9:22am On Jul 26, 2014
simiolu1:
Sorry for not replying ur mail on time... I used to take any Ibu- brand painkillers such as (Ibu-pain, Ibu-cap etc). But above all, know d dosage of d drug and administer it accordingly. I once took an over-dose and d results weren't funny.

lols thanks... I've once used ibuprofen.. twas good but my doc later prescribed diclofenac for me...
does all those IBU painkillers kill the pain immediately?
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by simiolu1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
PRIX:

lols thanks... I've once used ibuprofen.. twas good but my doc later prescribed diclofenac for me...
does all those IBU painkillers kill the pain immediately?
None will give U immediate relief... They take time to get into d blood stream.
However, if U want close to instant relief
1. Have someone massage the aching area thoroughly (this in itself inflicts some measure of pain) or use a body spray (like those footballers use). But note that d spray requires no massage. But U can do d massage before applying the spray (whatever rocks ur boat)
2. Eat something that induces sleep (hot pap does the trick for me).
Sleeping helps muscles/bones to relax
3. Use ur drug
4. Sleep!
I'm sure that by d time U wake up, U'll feel much better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by PRIX(m): 12:36am On Jul 29, 2014
simiolu1:
None will give U immediate relief... They take time to get into d blood stream.
However, if U want close to instant relief
1. Have someone massage the aching area thoroughly (this in itself inflicts some measure of pain) or use a body spray (like those footballers use). But note that d spray requires no massage. But U can do d massage before applying the spray (whatever rocks ur boat)
2. Eat something that induces sleep (hot pap does the trick for me).
Sleeping helps muscles/bones to relax
3. Use ur drug
4. Sleep!
I'm sure that by d time U wake up, U'll feel much better.

so you mean massaging won't make the pain subside?

you ni longer experience the pain?
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by simiolu1(m): 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
PRIX:
so you mean massaging won't make the pain subside?

you ni longer experience the pain?
Massaging makes d pain relieve U but it inflicts a measure of pain in itself. Just like d way bitterleaf first tastes bitter before tasting sweet. U can also visit a physiotherapist
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
Interesting.
Nairaland is still a platform for learning. I think this thread should be move to the health section. - Abi undecided
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by PRIX(m): 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
simiolu1:
Massaging makes d pain relieve U but it inflicts a measure of pain in itself. Just like d way bitterleaf first tastes bitter before tasting sweet. U can also visit a physiotherapist
Aiit thanks.
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc by cocoberry(f): 1:32am On Aug 05, 2014
Sooooo not Funny! + a very long hisssssssssssssssssssSsssssss

ERTHAENIGMA: AS- @ss-hole
SC-sexy cutiepie

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Of You Got/wrote This Kind Of Letter? / Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? / Deceived By Facebook Lover, Story Of Pamela Mojekwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.