Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (80036 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them / Joyce Oyedepo And Abimbola Olaleye Wedding (Pictures) / Throwback Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Wife, Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 11:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
9inches:

In as much as non muslims stretch it's meaning, muslims 'crop' it as a defence tool only. We all know it's more than that.

It's not unfound, it's very clear in the quran, at a given time, to achieve an end - Subjugation of dhimmis.

O so u know non muslims stretch its meanings to SATISFY their bigotry yeah.

2. Mehn yet again, anoda unfound assumption, now u r saying its for a given time to subjugate non muslims. Dis is d verse again for the umpteenth time. Tell me where u saw for a given time to subjugate non muslims. i dont undastand how tax collection is subjugating odas. Pls am tired

Quran 9:29
"Fight against those who believe not in Allah(arab pagans), nor in the last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and his Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e islam)from among the people of the scripture until they pay the jizyah with willing submission and are willing to pay it. "

Please, stop
concocting lies, i know u will not accept but just stop pls.

this verse again
Quran 2:145

And even if you were to bring to the people of the scripture(jews and christians) all the Aayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations etc) they would not follow your Qiblah, nor are u going to follow their Qiblah. Verily if u follow their desires after that which you have received of knowledge (from Allah), then indeed yoy will be one of the wrong doers
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 11:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
ibtz:

1. on whose authority does a latter law take precedence over a preceding. your authority?
lol. if by ur logic then QURAN 60:8:9 is a latter law and takes precedence over 9:29.
Dude, read the quran in a chronological order. Most of the confusion muslims I have encountered have emanete from this disjointed chronology of the quran. I know what I'm saying when I suggest you should simultaneously study the quran, hadiths, bible and some good history.

See am tired, i have showed you even a text from d same chapter to back my point, yet you now concoct another bullshit talking about preceding and latter laws. wth. I think maybe u shud continue with your bigotry. i av shown u clear enough evidences to back my point, but because u just dont want to accept, u say taqiyya, taqiyya.
Abeg, e b lyk say u no wan hear truth.
You evidently have not done a good job other than pulling strawman's.
Common sense should tell you that you should first of all discard the notion of the quran being anything other than Muhammad's personal fabrication, before engaging in any profitable rational and logical argument.

[quote]Quran 60:8
Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. verily Allah loves those who deak with equity

Quran 60:9
It is only as regards those who fought against you on account of religion and have driven you out and helped to drive you out, that Allah forbids you to befriend them. And whosoever will befriend them, then such are the wrong doers)
Again, the verses were of different time with 9:29. I will also add that 9:29 also abrogated, in practice, 2:109 as well. Muhammad's ability to add or delete verses according to questions or issues at hand also shows the flexibility of the quran. Even classical islamic scholars accepted that Medinan chapters supersede Meccan, not only for chronological reasons, but also because the Medinan verses represent Islam during a period of strength as against it's initial minority stage.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 12:13am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

Now u have resorted to insulting him.
i think u r not a rational human at all. if not all my evidences, text, verses i have quoted shud make a right minded person think deeply.
Fickle-minded:
[fik-uh l-mahyn-did]
adjective
(of a person) prone to casual change; inconstant.

Do you want evidence of that in his character so it can be less of an insult?

2. Gosh, its still d same thing, chap 1 surah fatiha has less text than chap 2 surah Al-Baqarah. likewise surah 110 has less text than surah 111,112,113,114. dere r countless instances in the Quran. so it still remains that u have no knowledge of islam, muslims or the Prophet Muhammad and u r bigoted and prejudicial even after clear evidence. Thank you.
Focus, man.. this has nothing to do with verse. chapters become shorter as you read the quran. You want me to disclose my education on history, philosophy and religion before you can be as rational and logical in this convo...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 12:17am On Aug 30, 2017
princetom1:

Does this teaching even makes sense to u yourself? What does the Bible really teach apart from all these hard explanations?
It's not as hard as the courses you read in school. You only need an open mind and interest.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 30, 2017
Meanwhile, his followers are scrapping for meals and struggling to make ends meet.

The charlatan wants you to wait for your own heaven after death while he enjoys his own heaven in the here and now. cheesy

Mumu plenty for Nigeria grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 12:22am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

No, u r d one dat has comprehension problems,one being existed before d other that is God. Jesus did not exist at the time of God creating the heavens and the earth and if u tell me dat he did den u r one big liar. so from God's words "Be and he was" Jesus was born to the virgin mary. its from dis instance that christians believe God fathered his child from mary. I mean God fathered his son from his own creation mary(is that not incest) and then allowed his alleged baby mama to marry another of his creations. does dat make sense to u oh sori my bad, it could to u because of watever reason. if jesus is God's son what does dat make Adam.
from ur logic, one being is God who is divided into three distinct persons, dat is still 3 gods. God dat destroyed nations for worshipping anything oda than him, for associating partners/oda gods with him. Dat God now has a son from his own creation mehn dat is double standards. Cant You Seee And it is not logical or rational at all.

Jesus told his disciples to worship one God ("thy Lord thy God"wink. I believe jesus neva told his disciples dat "worship me". Dere are many verses in d bible dat says worship only one God Matthew 19:16-17 Mark 12:32-34 John 17:3 Mark 12:28-30
Jesus neva said to worship him but thy lord thy God in heaven. Now lets look at jesus christ as d son of God. what is d definition of son?'A male child, a boy or man in relation to his parents; one's male offspring"."A male person who has such a close relationship with an older or otherwise more authoritative person that he can be regarded as a son of the other person.""A male person considered to have been significantly shaped by some external influence."There are also many verses in d bible dat call ppl son of God: KJV Read 1 Chronicles 22:10 Luke 3:38 Romans 8:14 Job 38:7
Frm dis bible verses above we can call various ppl as d son of God Frm dis we can conclude dat christians falsely believe christ as a biological son of God instead of as a man influenced and guided by God and a Prophet sent unto the Lost sheep of israel.
As much as I disregard the quran, it still says Jesus is the "word of God". The bible says so too. Now what did God create the world with? Word.
Do you want evidence of the Holy Spirit during creation as well?

You have a lot of quranic reading studying to do.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 30, 2017
CAPTAIND5235:
Have u ever pondered 4 a while, y these pastors are not disturbed despite d heavy criticisms they receive? Why they keep ignoring despite d strong oppositions from some high profile icons like freeze and his likes? Or why there ministry keep progressing and why there members keep increasing despite d numerous bashing from social media?
Well its obvious someone is "kicking against the Stone". Alright for some seconds try to imagine a child kicking hard against a rock with his bare foot, who's gonna get hurt? The child of cos! Unfortunately, that's exactly what u do when u try 2 fight d church of God and its delegated leaders. I call it a "silent victory" cos looking at it from a normal view, the critics seems 2 b on d winning side, but on a closer look d church keeps expanding and progressing lol. When u are against anointed men of God, believe me u are against God himself, it doesn't matter if u are Christian or not. So d choice is urs friends, will u keep on kicking against d stone or will u join d winning side?
If a word is enough 4 d wise, imagine what a write up will mean to the wise. Be wise, be warned.

Winning side? How many of you are winning? Do you call scrambling for the crumbs from your pastor's table winning?

May of us are winning without any pastor and their bull sh1t.

The wicked men may prosper now, but they have truly received their reward.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 12:29am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

Dude, read the quran in a chronological order. Most of the confusion muslims I have encountered have emanete from this disjointed chronology of the quran. I know what I'm saying when I suggest you should simultaneously study the quran, hadiths, bible and some good history.

Again, the verses were of different time with 9:29. I will also add that 9:29 also abrogated, in practice, 2:109 as well. Muhammad's ability to add or delete verses according to questions or issues at hand also shows the flexibility of the quran. Even classical islamic scholars accepted that Medinan chapters supersede Meccan, not only for chronological reasons, but also becausethe Medinan verses represent Islam during a period of strength as against it's initial minority stage.

Yeah agreed, medinan surahs were revealed during the time of strength.
Now let me burst your bubbles Quran chapter 2 is a medinan surah. Quran chapter 60 is a medinan surah, hahahahaa. yeah a simple google search will help.

The verses i quoted are medinan surahs and are not abrogated. This has stamped my argument flawlessly. Oops sorry, Yet again u can see dat ur bigotry is out of order.

Characteristics of Medinan surahs
Following are some of the stylistic and subject characteristics of Medinan Surahs:
*.(Mention of 'Jihad' and detailing on its rulings) Take note of dis one up bruhh .
*.Details of Islamic jurisprudence and legal system as well as laws governing family, money transaction, international law and acts of worship
*.Mention of 'hypocrisy' and dealing with hypocrites.( especially ppl like u bruhhh)
*.Any verse that starts with يا أيها للذين آمنواO you who believe
*.Long verses
*.Easy vocabulary
*.Arguments with the 'people of the Book' i.e.,Jews and Christians. (check dis one too biko)
*.Strong judgement and condemnation of non-muslims. and i know u might want to twist the word "condemnation " but here is the meaning

The act of condemning or pronouncing to be wrong; censure; blame; disapprobation.

Rest in Peace Bruhh.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 12:39am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

O so u know non muslims stretch its meanings to SATISFY their bigotry yeah.
Yes I know it is used in such a way. Same way you are using the word "bigot".

2. Mehn yet again, anoda unfound assumption, now u r saying its for a given time to subjugate non muslims. Dis is d verse again for the umpteenth time. Tell me where u saw for a given time to subjugate non muslims. i dont undastand how tax collection is subjugating odas. Pls am tired

Quran 9:29
"Fight against those who believe not in Allah(arab pagans), nor in the last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and his Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e islam)from among the people of the scripture until they pay the jizyah with willing submission and are willing to pay it. "

Please, stop
concocting lies, i know u will not accept but just stop pls.
Jizya is not taxed on muslims. It is only meant for non muslims as a form of 'dhimmitude'. That is one of their punishment for not professing islam. Once they convert, jizya ends.

this verse again
Quran 2:145

And even if you were to bring to the people of the scripture(jews and christians) all the Aayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations etc) they would not follow your Qiblah, nor are u going to follow their Qiblah. Verily if u follow their desires after that which you have received of knowledge (from Allah), then indeed yoy will be one of the wrong doers
Right. But don't you think it might be because the quran says you should "ask the people of the book" about what have been revealed?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 12:47am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

As much as I disregard the quran, it still says Jesus is the "word of God". The bible says so too. Now what did God create the world with? Word.
Do you want evidence of the Holy Spirit during creation as well?

You have a lot of quranic reading studying to do.
Jesus is a word of God not ward ooo. Kun faya kun (Be and it was). that is evidence of jesus creation, be and he was. because Allah can ordain anything, he only says "Be" i. e exist and it is i. e it will exist.
Quran 112
1. Say, He is Allah, The One.
2. The self sufficient Master, whom all creatures need.
3. He begets not, nor was He begotten
4. And there is none co-equal or comparable to Him.

Its u dats need to read up d bible and see ur errors.

Read dis again

Jesus told his disciples to worship one God ("thy Lord thy God". I believe jesus neva told his disciples dat "worship me". Dere are many verses in d bible dat says worship only one God Matthew 19:16-17 Mark 12:32-34 John 17:3 Mark 12:28-30
Jesus neva said to worship him but thy lord thy God in heaven. Now lets look at jesus christ as d son of God. what is d definition of son?'A male child, a boy or man in relation to his parents; one's male offspring"."A male person who has such a close relationship with an older or otherwise more authoritative person that he can be regarded as a son of the other person.""A male person considered to have been significantly shaped by some external influence."There are also many verses in d bibledat call ppl son of God: KJV Read 1 Chronicles 22:10 Luke 3:38 Romans 8:14 Job 38:7
Frm dis bible verses above we can call various ppl as d son of God Frm dis we can conclude dat christians falsely believe christ as a biological son of God instead of as a man influenced and guided by God and a Prophet sent unto the Lost sheep of israel.

And again, rest in peace
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 12:53am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

Yeah agreed, medinan surahs were revealed during the time of strength.
Now let me burst your bubbles Quran chapter 2 is a medinan surah. Quran chapter 60 is a medinan surah, hahahahaa. yeah a simple google search will help.

The verses i quoted are medinan surahs and are not abrogated. This has stamped my argument flawlessly. Oops sorry, Yet again u can see dat ur bigotry is out of order.

Characteristics of Medinan surahs
Following are some of the stylistic and subject characteristics of Medinan Surahs:
*.(Mention of 'Jihad' and detailing on its rulings) Take note of dis one up bruhh .
*.Details of Islamic jurisprudence and legal system as well as laws governing family, money transaction, international law and acts of worship
*.Mention of 'hypocrisy' and dealing with hypocrites.( especially ppl like u bruhhh)
*.Any verse that starts with يا أيها للذين آمنواO you who believe
*.Long verses
*.Easy vocabulary
*.Arguments with the 'people of the Book' i.e.,Jews and Christians. (check dis one too biko)
*.Strong judgement and condemnation of non-muslims. and i know u might want to twist the word "condemnation " but here is the meaning

The act of condemning or pronouncing to be wrong; censure; blame; disapprobation.

Rest in Peace Bruhh.

You see the problem you have now. You are always quick to jump on your keyboard without digesting my comments.
Where did you see me saying any verse mentioned here is meccan or medinan? Inability to decipher between a general statement and a specific one is an infirmity I least expected you to have.

Mentioning meccan and medinan was to buttress my point that muslims can willfully apply any of both the wsy they deem appropriate. Hence, the difference between "moderate" muslims and "extremists".

Listening and paying attention is a virtue you should really adopt.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 12:57am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

Yes I know it is used in such a way. Same way you are using the word "bigot".

Jizya is not taxed on muslims. It is only meant for non muslims as a form of 'dhimmitude'. That is one of their punishment for not professing islam. Once they convert, jizya ends.

yes but zakat is taxed on muslims as very obligatory. its only name dat differs. muslim and non muslim tax under a muslim authority i. e a muslim nation. And zakat is usually higher than jizya in percentage. and it is not as a punishment(anoda assumption) its for civil obligations as in any nation u wud pay tax.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 1:04am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

You see the problem you have now. You are always quick to jump on your keyboard without digesting my comments.
Where did you see me saying any verse mentioned here is meccan or medinan? Inability to decipher between a general statement and a specific one is an infirmity I least expected you to have.

Mentioning meccan and medinan was to buttress my point that muslims can willfully apply any of both the wsy they deem appropriate. Hence, the difference between "moderate" muslims and "extremists".

Listening and paying attention is a virtue you should really adopt.

i believe i once told u its not about interpretation, its quoting verses half way that these extremists use and i proved it. yet again u say we interpret as we deem fit.

i believe dis is ur quote

"Again, the verses were of different time with 9:29. I will also add that 9:29 also abrogated, in practice, 2:109 as well. Muhammad's ability to add or delete verses according to questions or issues at hand also shows the flexibility of the Quran
"Even classical islamic scholars accepted that Medinan chapters supersede Meccan, not only for chronological reasons, but also because the Medinan verses represent Islam during a period of strength as against it's initial minority stage."

End of ur quote

u were talking abt verses being of different times and 9:29 being a medinan surah superseded oda verses i was quoting and then i burst your bubbles mann.

So your point is baseless.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 1:16am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

Jesus is a word of God not ward ooo. Kun faya kun (Be and it was). that is evidence of jesus creation, be and he was. because Allah can ordain anything, he only says "Be" i. e exist and it is i. e it will exist.
Quran 112
1. Say, He is Allah, The One.
2. The self sufficient Master, whom all creatures need.
3. He begets not, nor was He begotten
4. And there is none co-equal or comparable to Him.

Its u dats need to read up d bible and see ur errors.

Read dis again

Jesus told his disciples to worship one God ("thy Lord thy God". I believe jesus neva told his disciples dat "worship me". Dere are many verses in d bible dat says worship only one God Matthew 19:16-17 Mark 12:32-34 John 17:3 Mark 12:28-30
Jesus neva said to worship him but thy lord thy God in heaven. Now lets look at jesus christ as d son of God. what is d definition of son?'A male child, a boy or man in relation to his parents; one's male offspring"."A male person who has such a close relationship with an older or otherwise more authoritative person that he can be regarded as a son of the other person.""A male person considered to have been significantly shaped by some external influence."There are also many verses in d bibledat call ppl son of God: KJV Read 1 Chronicles 22:10 Luke 3:38 Romans 8:14 Job 38:7

And again, rest in peace

Jesus is the word of God with which God created all things. He proclaimed Himself "Before Abraham, I AM", remember God told Moses His name, "I AM". The Holy Spirit was there as well during creation.

John 1:
In the beginning was bthe Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’ ”) 16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 1:23am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

yes but zakat is taxed on muslims as very obligatory. its only name dat differs. muslim and non muslim tax under a muslim authority i. e a muslim nation. And zakat is usually higher than jizya in percentage. and it is not as a punishment(anoda assumption) its for civil obligations as in any nation u wud pay tax.

Your lie is of satan. Zakat is not same as jizya. They are also not used for same purpose. Jizya is levied on dhimmis (non muslims) living in an islamic nation. You stop paying jizya stops when a dhimmi converts to islam.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 1:44am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

i believe i once told u its not about interpretation, its quoting verses half way that these extremists use and i proved it. yet again u say we interpret as we deem fit.

i believe dis is ur quote

"Again, the verses were of different time with 9:29. I will also add that 9:29 also abrogated, in practice, 2:109 as well. Muhammad's ability to add or delete verses according to questions or issues at hand also shows the flexibility of the Quran
"Even classical islamic scholars accepted that Medinan chapters supersede Meccan, not only for chronological reasons, but also because the Medinan verses represent Islam during a period of strength as against it's initial minority stage."

End of ur quote

u were talking abt verses being of different times and 9:29 being a medinan surah superseded oda verses i was quoting and then i burst your bubbles mann.

So your point is baseless.

@bolded, where in my post you quoted did I mention 9:29 and other verses 60:8-9, etc as medinan and meccan? Paying attention is still a huge problem to you.
Let me break it down to your level. Medinan era sura supercedes that of mecca. But when it comes to contesting suras from same era, a latter sura takes preceedence.

You won't get tired of building a strawman and I will keep plastering your ignorance on here for posterity.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 1:46am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

Jesus is the word of God with which God created all things. He proclaimed Himself "Before Abraham, I AM", remember God told Moses His name, "I AM". The Holy Spirit was there as well during creation.

John 1:
In the beginning was bthe Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’ ”) 16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.

And yet u have contradictions in the following

SONS OF GOD

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Job:38:7

Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Luke:3:38

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Romans: 8:14

JESUS CONFIRMING ONE GOD
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but ONE that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew:19:17 (jesus himself confirming one God).

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
Mark:12:32

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mark:12:29 (this cannot get any better "OUR LORD OUR GOD IS ONE"wink

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
John:17:3
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 2:16am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

@bolded, where in my post you quoted did I mention 9:29 and other verses 60:8-9, etc as medinan and meccan? Paying attention is still a huge problem to you.
Let me break it down to your level. Medinan era sura supercedes that of mecca. But when it comes to contesting suras from same era, a latter sura takes preceedence.

You won't get tired of building a strawman and I will keep plastering your ignorance on here for posterity.
you r just been childish mehn.
So now in the medinan surahs, chap2, 9, 60 are of d same era. chap60 is a latter medinan surah
which supersedes chap 9. by your own logic oo, that means it has cancelled 9:29(not my logic, your unfound logic) . And now i am tellin u dat even if chap 60 came before 9, it will still hold water as far as it is not abrogated , but it came after chap 9. As far as a verse is not abrogated by another verse, it doesn't supersede or is not superseded.
here is my proof dat chap 60 comes after chap9
if we want to follow ur bigoted exegesis of the Quran that is fake.

"The 30 Surahs of the Medinan period, according to Noldeke (chronologically 91-114):2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 22, 24, 33, 47, 48, 49, 55, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 76, 98, 110"

find in d link to read more.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medinan_surah?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2575267317

so wu is ignorant now ehnn.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 2:22am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

Your lie is of satan. Zakat is not same as jizya. They are also not used for same purpose. Jizya is levied on dhimmis (non muslims) living in an islamic nation. You stop paying jizya stops when a dhimmi converts to islam.

God damn it.. did i say dey were d same now ehnn. i meant in respect of word tax that zakat is a tax that is obligatory on muslims and jizya is for non muslims in a muslim nation. Goshh, i neva wrote dey were d same. they are both tax is what i meant. and i mentioned dat zakat was usually higher. Goshh
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 2:27am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

And yet u have contradictions in the following

SONS OF GOD

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Job:38:7

Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Luke:3:38

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Romans: 8:14

JESUS CONFIRMING ONE GOD
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but ONE that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew:19:17 (jesus himself confirming one God).

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mark:12:29 (this cannot get any better "OUR LORD OUR GOD IS ONE"wink

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
John:17:3
Christ’s divinity is shown over and over again in the New Testament. For example, in John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

In John 20:28, Thomas falls at Jesus’ feet, exclaiming, "My Lord and my God!" (Greek: Ho Kurios mou kai ho Theos mou—literally, "The Lord of me and the God of me!"wink

Philippians 2:3-11
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
5You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. 6Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. 7Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, 8 he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
9Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 2:46am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

you r just been childish mehn.
So now in the medinan surahs, chap2, 9, 60 are of d same era. chap60 is a latter medinan surah
which supersedes chap 9. by your own logic oo, that means it has cancelled 9:29(not my logic, your unfound logic) . And now i am tellin u dat even if chap 60 came before 9, it will still hold water as far as it is not abrogated , but it came after chap 9. As far as a verse is not abrogated by another verse, it doesn't supersede or is not superseded.
here is my proof dat chap 60 comes after chap9
if we want to follow ur bigoted exegesis of the Quran that is fake.

"The 30 Surahs of the Medinan period, according to Noldeke (chronologically 91-114):2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 22, 24, 33, 47, 48, 49, 55, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 76, 98, 110"

find in d link to read more.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medinan_surah?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2575267317

so wu is ignorant now ehnn.

You are still the ignoramus because Sura 60 (Al-Mumtahanah) was revealed waaay before Sura 9:29 (At-Tawbah) which is the second to last sura before muhammad died. Sura at Tawbah precedes only Sura al-Nasr.

Jokes on you my student.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 2:50am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

Christ’s divinity is shown over and over again in the New Testament. For example, in John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

In John 20:28, Thomas falls at Jesus’ feet, exclaiming, "My Lord and my God!" (Greek: Ho Kurios mou kai ho Theos mou—literally, "The Lord of me and the God of me!"wink

Philippians 2:3-11
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
5You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. 6Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. 7Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, 8 he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
9Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

but yet again u r contradicted by dis

grin

JESUS CONFIRMING ONE God
and he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but ONE that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew:19:17 (jesus himself confirming one God)
.And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

ESPECIALLY THIS ONE BELOW
Mark:12:29

Which one shud we believe now, the bible or the bible grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 2:55am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

God damn it.. did i say dey were d same now ehnn. i meant in respect of word tax that zakat is a tax that is obligatory on muslims and jizya is for non muslims in a muslim nation. Goshh, i neva wrote dey were d same. they are both tax is what i meant. and i mentioned dat zakat was usually higher. Goshh

And you lied, because they are not the same. It's not only the names that differ.
"When a believer utters a lie without a valid excuse, he is cursed by seventy thousand angels. Such a stench emanates from his heart that it reaches the sky and because of this single lie Allah writes for him a sin equivalent to that of committing seventy fornications. Such fornications that the least of which is fornication with ones mother."

Na your koran talk dis one o. Even your allah has cursed you. Sorry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 3:00am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

You are still the ignoramus because Sura 60 (Al-Mumtahanah) was revealed waaay before Sura 9:29 (At-Tawbah) which is the second to last sura before muhammad died. Sura at Tawbah precedes only Sura al-Nasr.

Jokes on you my student.

oh i didnt see dat very well, i was looking at the chapter no, instead of d order of revelation. at least i admit my error. But your logic is still baseless as far as d verse is not abrogated, it still holds.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 3:03am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

but yet again u r contradicted by dis

grin

JESUS CONFIRMING ONE God
and he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but ONE that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew:19:17 (jesus himself confirming one God)
.And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

ESPECIALLY THIS ONE BELOW
Mark:12:29

Which one shud we believe now, the bible or the bible grin
We are on the same page here; there is only one God. cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 3:04am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

And you lied, because they are not the same. It's not only the names that differ.
"When a believer utters a lie without a valid excuse, he is cursed by seventy thousand angels. Such a stench emanates from his heart that it reaches the sky and because of this single lie Allah writes for him a sin equivalent to that of committing seventy fornications. Such fornications that the least of which is fornication with ones mother."

Na your koran talk dis one o. Even your allah has cursed you. Sorry

Lol, dude i did not lie, u r not getting my point, i only said they are similar because dey are both taxes, i neva said dey r d same. i said zakat is obligatory on muslims and jizya is by non muslims unda a muslim authority i. e Muslim nation. i neva said zakat is for non muslims biko
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 3:05am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

We are on the same page here; there is only one God. cool

oh now u agree
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 3:09am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

oh i didnt see dat very well, at least i admit my error. But your logic is still baseless as far as d verse is not abrogated, it still holds.

You owe me tuition for all the lectures you received so far.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by ibtz: 3:12am On Aug 30, 2017
9inches:

You owe me tuition for all the lectures you received so far.

Yeah lol, grin
but dont get it twisted, as far as it is not abrogated, it holds.

And u also owe me tuition and salary for all my lectutes
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 3:18am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

Lol, dude i did not lie, u r not getting my point, i only said they are similar because dey are both taxes, i neva said dey r d same. i said zakat is obligatory on muslims and jizya is by non muslims unda a muslim authority i. e Muslim nation. i neva said zakat is for non muslims biko

ibtz:

Mind explaning? wink
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 3:19am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

oh now u agree

It wasn't a disputed case at all.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos by 9inches(m): 3:22am On Aug 30, 2017
ibtz:

Yeah lol, grin
but dont get it twisted, as far as it is not abrogated, it holds.

And u also owe me tuition and salary for all my lectutes

Only if it does not get in the way of a latter sura.

And again, Shekau and/or Al Baghdadi are on point in their own exegesis preference. In fact, these "brave" junood allah are more Muslim than lily-livered moderate muslims like yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Funeral Service For Reinhard Bonke In Florida Draws Thousands / Pastor James Ng'ang'a Arrested For Exposing A Woman's Breast During Deliverance / Kenneth Copeland Laughs Off News Report That Joe Biden Is The 46th US President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.