Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri (32198 Views)

Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos / A Soldier Posted To Maiduguri Since 2014 Thanks God After 4 Years In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
agabusta:

The Calabar-Lagos line is making a detour to Onitsha. You can make your enquiries.

Didn't you read about the how the recent loan applied for by the FG for this same rail project you're referring to (a loan that would be paid by every section of the country), completely excluded the south east section?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Basic123: 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2017
Paperwhite:
shocked shocked shocked [/b]"According to Ameachi, the president also approved rail lines from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri, Kano to Maiduguri, Makurdi to Jos, Gombe to Yobe to Borno, Jigawa to Niger Republic."[b] cry cry cry cry cry cry Wetin concern us with Niger Republic? Obviously another route for terrorist to freely infilterate this shit country.Nigerians should just again behold what manner of president they have.Government of the north,by the north and for the north.There is the constant overt biased mind to perpectuate injustice by these morons.This country must divided.As for Amaechi,when the chips are down,remember home remains home.Meanwhile,all sophiscated SW brethren and zombies in the house what say ya?

yIGBOs and yorubaphobia!

wetin concerns sophisticated SW with your problem.
As long as work continues on the sophisticated people's no mans land of lagos to the brown roof republic of Ibadan rail line that as started already!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
agabusta:

Niger does not have an access to the sea, they need to import through countries that has such access like Nigeria. Building a railway will facilitate commerce and there is money to be made by Nigeria.

Niger prefer Benin Republics sea ports. They have been using it for ages, the import of Nigeria through Benin borders in 3 months are more than Niger annual import.
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by surely22: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2017
This Same Borno state wea boko haram still dy give wahala. Yet you've approved rail construction. South South here wea road bad . They won't see. PMB God Punish You. cry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by agabusta: 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
SnowJay92:

Didn't you read about the how the recent loan applied for by the FG for this same rail project you're referring to completely excluded the south east section?

You guys needs to cool down and digest information properly. It didn't completely exclude the South East sections. A lot of people spin tales to satisfy their selfish intentions. The geographical South East and South East rail corridor are different entities. What we are reading about and discussing now is the South East corridor, which touches a lot of SE cities.

Even the Calabar to Lagos line which has earlier been awarded does not even exclude the SE. It has points where it detours to Aba and Onitsha and even Otuoke. You can make your findings yourself; stop relying on diluted information.

As stated, the current news is about the Eastern corridor, from PH to the North! So in essence, every part of the country has been taken care of in this railway modernization projects.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by learnedman(m): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
The rail within the south east is one single line while that in the one has various branches to many cities in the north.its OK

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by me69: 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2017
wadanki:
what about South-East. marginalization
too much marginalization for one article grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by agabusta: 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
opal4real:

Niger prefer Benin Republics sea ports. They have been using it for ages, the import of Nigeria through Benin borders in 3 months are more than Niger annual import.

We can make imports through Nigeria more attractive! That is simply business. That someone prefers a product/service currently does not mean you cannot modify yours to be more attractive, does not mean you should not make efforts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Bacon21(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Bacon21(m): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by agabusta: 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
opal4real:

We seriously dont need to import through Benin. Our ports are not overwhelmed, so I begin to wonder why we need to import from Benin, it doesn't make sense at all.

Why should we be importing from a country we have a longer coast line than??
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Arysexy(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
agabusta:

Yes, there is plan for a Calabar to Lagos line, that has already been given the go ahead by the National Assembly.

This line will transverse Cross River, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Abia, Anambra, Edo, Ondo, Ogun and Lagos states. Educate yourself more on this using google.

You just dey list states you don't know how they border each other. D so called Lagos to calabar rail way is going the route of east west road. If you know that road well, u won't list the above states you ignorantly listed to defend d indefensible.
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Arysexy(m): 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2017
SnowJay92:

Didn't you read about the how the recent loan applied for by the FG for this same rail project you're referring to (a loan that would be paid by every section of the country), completely excluded the south east section?

Don't mind d spin Doctor, ask him how east west road d railway will pass cut south east.

Those that defend evil shall have evil perpetually dine with them

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
agabusta:

We can make imports through Nigeria more attractive! That is simply business. That someone prefers a product/service currently does not mean you cannot modify yours to be more attractive, does not mean you should not make efforts.

Nigeria ports are already congested, Apapa-Oshodi-Tin-can roads and the road users will bear the brunt. Business is all about profit,why invest in a business that will yield profit in 5yrs while there is similar one that will bring in profit in less than 12months.
Lagos - Benin railway is a win win investment for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2017
agabusta:

You guys needs to cool down and digest information properly. It didn't completely exclude the South East sections. A lot of people spin tales to satisfy their selfish intentions. The geographical South East and South East rail corridor are different entities. What we are reading about and discussing now is the South East corridor, which touches a lot of SE cities.

Even the Calabar to Lagos line which has earlier been awarded does not even exclude the SE. It has points where it detours to Aba and Onitsha and even Otuoke. You can make your findings yourself; stop relying on diluted information.

As stated, the current news is about the Eastern corridor, from PH to the North! So in essence, every part of the country has been taken care of in this railway modernization projects.

Who's spinning tales here, I'm not interested in the modernisation of ph-maiduguri that's been existing, I asked what's the economic importance of having a rail to Daura with none to Onitsha, you quickly pointed out to me that a detour to Onitsha was included in the Lagos-Calabar line, when I now raised a point about how that whole section was intentionally and punitvely excluded in the Nexim bank loan plans, you start talking of spinning tales?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by agabusta: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2017
Arysexy:

You just dey list states you don't know how they border each other. D so called Lagos to calabar rail way is going the route of east west road. If you know that road well, u won't list the above states you ignorantly listed to defend d indefensible.

Please, instead of ignorantly talking like an illiterate, did you even bother to make a little finding on the route of the Calabar-Lagos line?

A simple check on google will give you this information, but still, you prefered to expose your ignorance to the world.

So you think the rail is being constructed in a rigid way according to how the states border each other?? Oga use your head, the rail line is designed to branch of and connect some major commercial hubs along the line.

Educate yourself with the link below and pay attention to the bold, I even omitted Akwa Ibom in my listing:

FG, China to Finalise $11bn Lagos-Calabar Rail Deal in June

The acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Tuesday said the federal government and the People’s Republic of China would round off negotiations on the Lagos-Calabar rail project estimated at $11.117 billion in June.

Osinbajo also disclosed that the federal government had already provided its portion for funding the rail project and promised that the negation would be concluded in the next three months.

He said this at the unveiling of Lagos-Ibadan rail project at the Nigerian Railway Corporation compound, Ebute-Metta, Tuesday, noting that the national rail project would create 500,000 jobs.

On behalf of the federal government, President Muhammadu Buhari had in June 2016 signed an agreement with the China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) for the construction of the Lagos-Calabar coastal railway line at $11.117 billion.

Under the agreement, the federal government was able to negotiate the price of the contract downwards by $800 million, stressing that although the contract was initially valued at $11.917 billion, it would now to cost $11.117 billion.

The first segment of the rail line comprises Calabar, Uyo, Aba and Port Harcourt. Other segments of the Lagos Calabar coastal rail line such as Otueke, Yenagoa, Ughelli, Warri, Sapele, Benin, Agbor, Asaba, Onitsha, Ijebu Ode, Lagos, would be ready also within another two years.

Osinbajo, however, unveiled the Lagos-Ibadan rail project alongside the state governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, his Oyo State counterpart, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, the Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, Senate Chief Whip, Senator Olusola Adeyeye and Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, among others.

At the unveiling, the acting president disclosed that the federal government “has already provided our portion for funding for the Lagos-Calabar route as well. We expect that negotiations with the foreign component of the funding will be finalised within the next three months”.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/03/08/fg-china-to-finalise-11bn-lagos-calabar-rail-deal-in-june/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2017
agabusta:

We seriously dont need to import through Benin. Our ports are not overwhelmed, so I begin to wonder why we need to import from Benin, it doesn't make sense at all.

Why should we be importing from a country we have a longer coast line than??

We have been doing it and still doing it. Maybe its cheaper don't know but the traffic is high and railway from Lagos to Benin will bring in more money to Nigeria. Than Jigawa-Niger Rep.
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by agabusta: 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
SnowJay92:

Who's spinning tales here, I'm not interested in the modernisation of ph-maiduguri that's been existing, I asked what's the economic importance of having a rail to Daura with none to Onitsha, you quickly pointed out to me that a detour to Onitsha was included in the Lagos-Calabar line, when I now raised a point about how that whole section was intentionally and punitvely excluded in the Nexim bank loan plans, you start talking of spinning tales?

I said A lot of people spin tales to satisfy their selfish intentions, if you agree you are part of them, na you know.

Now you are changing the goal post. This was your first quote of me.

SnowJay92:

Your quote was in no way based on discussing economic importance of Daura rail link and perceived omission of Onitsha.

Now, this particular statement is false, because as I rightly pointed out, the Calabar-Lagos line has Onitsha on its route in addition to Aba. This is a fact, your can confirm in the link below.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/03/08/fg-china-to-finalise-11bn-lagos-calabar-rail-deal-in-june/

What Abaribe complained of was the Eastern rail corridor, which is basically what this present news is about. What else do you want??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by SmartMugu: 4:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
agabusta:

Yes, there is plan for a Calabar to Lagos line, that has already been given the go ahead by the National Assembly.

This line will transverse Cross River, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Abia, Anambra, Edo, Ondo, Ogun and Lagos states. Educate yourself more on this using google.
Nice one. I respect your knowledge on this topic. One love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by BisQuit(m): 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mynd44:

The rail from Port har-court to Maiduguri will fly right? undecided undecided

Mynd did you get my mail?
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by agabusta: 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
opal4real:

We have been doing it and still doing it. Maybe its cheaper don't know but the traffic is high and railway from Lagos to Benin will bring in more money to Nigeria. Than Jigawa-Niger Rep.

I know that there is high traffic through Benin Rep, but its basically poor management on the part of Nigeria Ports Authority and the country at large. We have the capacity to process all our goods through Nigerian ports!

In essence, the money we are supposed to be making at the ports are being lost to Benin Republic including the associated economic activity like logistics and transport that you are talking about. It is crumbs that is coming our way by way of this logistics, when we can have the real deal including the crumbs that comes from logistic activities.
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by bejick(m): 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
NafeesaAA:
GEJ actually approved the project, Buhari only approved the funds.

http://aitonline.tv/news?search=Rail%20Line

where is the fund, abeg scammers. Lagos to Calabar line which have been approved for over two years not even a single grass have been uprooted from the route. scam government
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Blue3k(m): 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
SnowJay92:

Now we know your only interested in wailing. I'm glad you can boldly admit you don't care about progress. Next point Onitsha was included find new point to wail about. The whole section wasn't excluded if you see all the routes. Maybe Aba Onitsha are no longer in SE.

The minister already explained SE was included. The NASS already gave him a tongue lashing over this issue.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2017
Arysexy:
Bigot govt, they just included pH, aba, Enugu to deceive those that don't know the terrain.

There is already a rail line from Enugu to pH, that transverse those states which was resuscitated by GEJ before he left.

Basically this is a northern project that will link Benue to Enugu that's all.

Thunder scatter buhari scrotum

You are the most intelligent poster here. This project is essentially a kano-daura project. Thd ph-gombe line is a smokescreen, that will be sabotaged in due course. Anc the yolobats eill continue defending this government. Fulanis continue fooling the yorubas just like they fooled them during the 2015 election.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mynd44:

The rail from Port har-court to Maiduguri will fly right? undecided undecided

Chai. Abokis continue deceiving yolobats from generation to generation. And this poster that cant see beyond his nose is a mod. Wonderful.

The fact is - This is a northern project simple. Kano-daurz rail track is the priority.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Yujil: 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
That station from Port Harcourt to Aba, Aba to Umuahia, Umuahia to Enugu, Enugu to Makurdi, Makurdi to Jos, Jos to Bauchi, Bauchi to Gombe, Gombe to Borno.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Chukazu: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
HisSexcellency:
grin grin grin
Nice development, he should also upgrade the helipad in daura to an international airport. And then get Julius Berger to construct an artificial seaport in daura by channelling water from the Atlantic Ocean right from lagos to katsina.
He has to develop his home town, if he doesn't then who will

My brother, Nigerian governance is "turn by turn"

This is what is causing agitation and feelings of marginalizion.
Someone becomes president he doesn't pursue a far reaching, all inclusive developmental agenda, instead he seeks the interest of his tribe's men

Obasanjo had the turn of his people and favoured them, now it's Buhari's turn of " SECTIONAL WEALTH ACCUMULATION AND PRESERVATION"

I pity Jonathan who refused to do "WEALTH TRANSFER" to his people undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by sshalom(m): 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
HisSexcellency:
grin grin grin
Nice development, he should also upgrade the helipad in daura to an international airport. And then get Julius Berger to construct an artificial seaport in daura by channelling water from the Atlantic Ocean right from lagos to katsina.
He has to develop his home town, if he doesn't then who will

grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
Blue3k:

Now we know your only interested in wailing. I'm glad you can boldly admit you don't care about progress. Next point Onitsha was included find new point to wail about. The whole section wasn't excluded if you see all the routes. Maybe Aba Onitsha are no longer in SE.

The minister already explained SE was included. The NASS already gave him a tongue lashing over this issue.

It's very tiring having any form of discourse with you, when it's obvious you know the truth but keep clutching at straws, what's progressive about tearing new rail lines in other parts of the country, and deliberately over emphasizing the archaic one that passed through the South East since nearly one century ago. They new rail is to be located in the west and north but the poster kept telling us how umuahia and Ibo would benefit from an old existing line, who is fooling who?
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by juman(m): 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
APC and their usual senseless lies.

They think they can become heroes through lies and propaganda.
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
agabusta:

I said A lot of people spin tales to satisfy their selfish intentions, if you agree you are part of them, na you know.

Now you are changing the goal post. This was your first quote of me.

Your quote was in no way based on discussing economic importance of Daura rail link and perceived omission of Onitsha.

Now, this particular statement is false, because as I rightly pointed out, the Calabar-Lagos line has Onitsha on its route in addition to Aba. This is a fact, your can confirm in the link below.

What Abaribe complained of was the Eastern rail corridor, which is basically what this present news is about. What else do you want??

I think we all know the truth here, do you know why this country have not made any meaningful progress in the past 3 decades?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Rejects Amended Constitution / Labour Party Rejects Tribunal Judgement, To Consult On Next Line Of Action / What EFCC Does With Recovered Loot (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.