Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri (32197 Views)

Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos / A Soldier Posted To Maiduguri Since 2014 Thanks God After 4 Years In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by iambijo(m): 12:28am On Aug 26, 2017
tayebest:

he also made mention of rail passing through all eastern state from Lagos to Calabar!

did you watch the show atall?
am from sokoto, buhari is very wicked to us here, up till today no any federal project
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by onyiloyi(m): 6:01am On Aug 26, 2017
wadanki:
what about South-East. marginalization
portharcourt to maiduguri will definitely pass through 2 igbo states atleast
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by IgboSubmarine: 6:08am On Aug 26, 2017
Mynd44:

The rail from Port har-court to Maiduguri will fly right? undecided undecided

onyiloyi

agabusta

Education is truly poor in Nigeria

There is a railway line already in existence from PortHarcourt to Maiduguri right from colonial era.

Why not construct the East to West Railway line

Why not construct

1) East to Abuja line

2) Benin to Abuja line

3) Lagos to Abuja line

4) Jos to Abuja line

5) Maiduguri to Abuja line

6) Lagos to Calabar line through Yenegoa

7) Lagos to Calabar line through Onitsha

8 ) Lagos to Ogoja line through Onitsha.

and ensure that these lines passes through some states in other to boost economic development

@ Igbodefender thundafire splashme. ritababe pls put this post in your comment at the front page so as to help many illiterate Nigerians to know that PortHarcourt to Maiduguri line already exist.
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 26, 2017
IgboSubmarine:

onyiloyi

agabusta

There is a railway line already in existence from PortHarcourt to Maiduguri right from colonial era.

Why not construct

1) East to Abuja line

2) Benin to Abuja line

3) Lagos to Abuja line

4) Jos to Abuja line

cool Lagos to Ogoja line through Onitsha.

and ensure that these lines passes through some states in other to boost economic development

@ Igbodefender pls put this post in your comment at the front page so as to help many illiterate Nigerians like the ones I have quoted to know that PortHarcourt to Maiduguri line already existed.
Will do that. Ndewo.
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by IgboSubmarine: 6:22am On Aug 26, 2017
igbodefender:
Will do that. Ndewo.

Thanks

This government is filled with lies

Imagine approving a railway line already built in the colonial era
I am ashamed of someone like mynd44 for not knowing this fact.
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 26, 2017
IgboSubmarine:

Thanks

This government is filled with lies

Imagine approving a railway line already built in the colonial era

I am ashamed of someone like mynd44 for not knowing this fact.

Actually, we support the Buhari Administration, but do not shy away from giving constructive, hard hitting critisism when necessary, for instance to protect Igbo/Southern Nigerian interest.
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 26, 2017
IgboSubmarine:

It's on the topic Front Page. I like your style of advocacy, and it can be very effective. I personally know of a policy first advocated for by a Nairalander in 2013, which a government adopted in 2016, allocating billions to it!

Please, keep fighting for Ndigbo with sound socio-economic ideas like this!
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by jeroba1(m): 7:43am On Aug 26, 2017
Buhari why not south to west.ondo,ekiti,Ogun,Delta,Edo and many more.
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by agabusta: 7:55am On Aug 26, 2017
IgboSubmarine:

onyiloyi

agabusta

Why not construct

1) East to Abuja line

2) Benin to Abuja line

3) Lagos to Abuja line

4) Jos to Abuja line

8 ) Lagos to Ogoja line through Onitsha.

@ Igbodefender thundafire splashme. ritababe pls put this post in your comment at the front page so as to help many illiterate Nigerians to know that PortHarcourt to Maiduguri line already exist.

The way you people reason is mind blowing. So they should leave the archaic and dilapidated PH - Maiduguri guage that interconnects many Igbo cities. And start building a fresh line. Was that not what your Senator Abaribe complained about? Now, the project has been given life, and you are still whimpering?

Drawing an analogy to what you are saying is tantamount to saying they should leave the already existing roads that are in terrible conditions and not usable, and start building fresh virgin roads entirely.

Won't they first resuscitate lines that are archaic and dilapidated to the modern gauge before constructing new lines entirely?

Contract has already been awarded for a East-West line (Calabar to Lagos). And this was made to touch Bayelsa, Anambra and Abia states.

Lagos to Abuja line through Benin is a worthy project that can be constructed in future. So is the East to Abuja line.

Everything cannot be done the same time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Ovamboland(m): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2017
SmartMugu:

Makes sense somewhat. I just think it's somewhat biased. Why Daura? Nobody even knows that place. I just know they may have cows there. Has anyone done NYSC in daura before?

Places like Taraba, Enugu, Ekiti, Abakaliki etc are yet to be connected via rail lines. Has anyone ever heard of Daura before? What exactly takes anyone there? What mineral resources do they have in daura? What tourist attractions exist there? How many corporations have their headquarters in Daura? Isnt that someone's village? Why didn't Obasanjo run rail lines to his hometown? Why didn't Jonathan run rail lines to Otuoke? Nonsense idea. To develop your area and impoverish those where the economy depends on. Yet, you're asking why some people don't believe in this one Nigeria nonsense that only favors the north?

Why start with daura before major areas the economy depends on? Is there even any plans to have rail lines going to bayelsa, cross river etc - the areas that actually feed the economy? Why daura? I guess to move cows from Daura to Kano and probably goats from Kano to Daura or what else could it be? What does Daura have to offer to the economy? Why make it a hub? Why run train lines down there? Are there plans to have a presidential train that Goes to Duara versus Abuja where the president belongs? Abeg, this is a completely biased decision. Which kain nonsense daura? Who knows that northern village?

Your bigotry is worse than boko haram, you are only yet to bear arms. The Lagos-Calabar railway in 2016 budget, will it not pass through cross-river, rivers and bayelsa on to delta-edo states?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by agabusta: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2017
rafindo:
When Jonathan included otuoke in the Lagos to calabar corridor. Nobody reminded him DAT the route Lagos - sagamu-ijebu ode-ore-benin-agbor-asaba-onitsha-awka-enugu with split to connect the corridor going to north and one going to pH.No he chose to use Onitsha as a detour and connect it to is otuoke helmet. Our hatred for Muslim is increasingly blindingly our thought. God help us

I just don't understand. Nobody took GEJ to the cleaners over that, people showed understanding and just left it like that. If you look at the map of that route where it branched off to Aba and Onitsha, it looks somewhat awkward but it's well and good to foster economic integration and harmony.

The present govt did not even attempt to change it but also left it like that. But just imagine the unnecessary uproar this particular project is generating.

Imagine the OP even deliberately cut off part of the story that covers the SE just to give more fuel to suspicion and strife.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Ovamboland(m): 8:29am On Aug 26, 2017
Chukazu:

My brother, Nigerian governance is "turn by turn"

This is what is causing agitation and feelings of marginalizion.
Someone becomes president he doesn't pursue a far reaching, all inclusive developmental agenda, instead he seeks the interest of his tribe's men

Obasanjo had the turn of his people and favoured them, now it's Buhari's turn of " SECTIONAL WEALTH ACCUMULATION AND PRESERVATION"

I pity Jonathan who refused to do "WEALTH TRANSFER" to his people undecided

But he Empowered Deziani a bayelsa woman and see her own achievement, buying houses all over Lagos , empowerment of her yoruba boys, who bought yatch and empowered some international olosho.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Ovamboland(m): 8:34am On Aug 26, 2017
SnowJay92:

It's very tiring having any form of discourse with you, when it's obvious you know the truth but keep clutching at straws, what's progressive about tearing new rail lines in other parts of the country, and deliberately over emphasizing the archaic one that passed through the South East since nearly one century ago. They new rail is to be located in the west and north but the poster kept telling us how umuahia and Ibo would benefit from an old existing line, who is fooling who?

how's the Lagos-Kano modernisation plan different from PH-Maiduguri plan?
No project in your region you cry, now there's project approved you still cry. Are you born to cry?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Ovamboland(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2017
amjoseph19:

Sorry, My bad. I didn't think of that. That's why lines is connected to Maiduguri, Kano, Makurdi, Jos, Gombe, Yobe Borno, Jigawa and Niger Republic.
una p. man. bunch of biased motherfuckers.

There's railway connection in most of those places existing today just as Enugu, Aba and Nnsuka. The plan is to convert all to standard gauge. I spent some weeks in Gombe and the abandoned track was right behind my host's house.

But why do want the article to say what you think only?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by francis2565(m): 9:56am On Aug 26, 2017
I thought this project was started by GEJ
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2017
agabusta:

Tell me...

Because people have unofficially accepted impunity and nepotism as a norm, once it seems to favour them at that particular instance, why are you trying so hard to make me accept that it's a normal economic behavior to approve a railway to the president's village when none of the trading/commercial nerves have been connected to the ports?
Re: Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri by Torylanez(m): 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2017
RoyalUc:

grin grin grin

Why are you like this na?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

it's true na

cos I don't understand when you want biafra and still want nigeria (zoo) to wear pampers for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Onaolapo Ademola, Ighoho Aide: DSS, Soldiers Brought 3 Herbalists, Killed 5 Cats / Pictures Of Senator Dino Melaye Awareness Campaign In Lokoja Local Government / Ministerial Nominee, Anthony Anwukah, Was Convicted By High Court For Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.