Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex (632 Views)

I Just Ended The Friendship With My Best Friend. I Feel Frustrated / Things You Did To Show Off To The Opposite Sex You Later Regretted / Friendship With The Opposite Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by askseunoladele: 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
MARRIED AND IN FRIENDSHIP WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX

Married people should avoid intimate friendship with the opposite sex! You read that right, close friendship with the opposite sex should be completely ruled out. Why? It's trickish. Things sometimes get out of hand, emotions explode and stories that touch the heart go viral. Heart shocking stories of celebrities, popular men of God, General Overseers, teachers, bosses, colleagues at work and social media friends often litter the places.

There is a thin line between platonic relationship and emotional entanglement. You don't plan affair, it just happens when rules are ignored, boundaries are over stepped and people start doing things they shouldn't be doing to their opposite sex friends for whatever reason under heaven!

How did the friendship start in the first place? Admiration, respect, preference and likeness. You like something about them, you prefer them, you think about them then make them your friend. You talk to each other, you emphasize the likes, something clicks in your heart and bonds you, you enjoy talking to them because they like you and give you attention.

You plan to meet them one on one, you loosen your guide. You don't mind if they hold your hands or hug you, you begin to hold hands and hug frequently, then regularly then you progressed, he strokes your hair because he likes it, you smiled, no big deal because you are "just" friends. He likes your face, then lips and he gave you a peck. His aim was really the lips but he decided to take things slow, next time it will be the lips and then, you are rolling in sheets totally engulfed in the fire of adultery!

You can't handle close friendship with the opposite sex! I don't know why we are so proud and stubborn in this part of the world, we hate correction. Anytime I speak against close opposite sex friendship in marriage, some naive people keep telling me they can handle it, no big deal until they lose their senses and their spouse boot them out of the marriage.

I take a month leave from the social media every year to upgrade my knowledge, do more research, think, read and pray. My recent findings have affirmed my conviction. Friendship with the opposite sex in marriage is dangerous. It bonds you to the other person as you talk and your marriage sooner or later begins to suffer. You give more attention to your friend to the detriment of your spouse and emotional affair begins on that note.

I don't have male friends I meet one on one. The one I met, I put a quick end to the relationship because our core values are miles apart! I'm a principled woman to the core and he is completely uncomfortable with it; I will never compromise my values, self respect and dignity for any reason in the world!

Facebook has bastardized friendship. Everyone you meet on facebook is a friend. You have no choice than call then your friend since Zuckerberge says so. But not everyone can be your friend. That they send you friend request does not mean they are your friend. So be careful before jumping at people.

I'm very sensitive to words. I think about every phrase, line, clause and sentence. I'm quick to spot when something is wrong and quickly step back. Some men often get angry or mad when they discover I've been able to dissect what they are thinking and react angrily, whatever, I do not want any affectionate display from anyone except my husband!

A married person should never tell the opposite sex they miss them. It's emotional. I've had to block some men from reaching me. Some men simply enjoy flirting, they hide behind the scriptures so you never really know their real motive unless the God of heaven reveals their hearts to you.

I can't count so many expressions some friends think are safe and accepted in friendship but are not. I can't count the number of "friends" who got attracted, carried away and slowly changed the tone of friendship.

It's okay to talk to the opposite sex. It's okay to have casual friends but when it is getting deep, intimate and you are using the word "my friend" and "I love you" all the time, something is wrong. It's time to move back and gain your sanity. Feel free to share. God bless you. Cheers!
© Seun Oladele, 2017
www.askseunoladele..com

1 Like

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by iamJ(m): 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
if i marry i will suffer this one, i cant be friends with ugly girls, go hard ooo and wify no go gree make man get fine female friends embarassed

Well when i reach that bridge somtin go sha give, But op oooo a man can be friends with the opposite sex just look for who is completely not ur taste , like me for instance i will never date an ugly person even if i was blind
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by hajibashi: 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2017
You are very much correct....i greet with everything you said 100%
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Olalan(m): 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2017
Spot on. Really not advisable to keep very close friends of the opposite sex after marriage. Your spouse ought to be your closest pal.
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by ststyreal(f): 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
Huhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Word Of Advice To The Ladies / Ladies: If You Were To Ask A Guy Out, What Would Your Pick Up Line Be? / Am Confuse Between Her And Her Career.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.