Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage (35643 Views)

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me / My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2017
You need to toughen up and not let what they do get to you. They have no right to embarrass you anywhere not outside and not in your house. Let them know who is boss and that you cannot be bullied by them. Your husband is more yours than he is theirs. And do not forget to be prayerful.
Your husband also needs to stand up to them and protect you from scavengers. It is his job to protect you. He cannot afford to be indifferent about it.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Innomach(m): 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2017
Husbands are the heads of the family, no doubt about that. But for any marriage/family to survive, the woman/wife holds the key. Everything is not all about being religious or being nice and don't want to have problem with others. If the need arise, defend your family with your own life. Defend your family from intruders with whatever you have. Keep those family members at a distance. No matter how good and nice you may want to be, they will never accept you. They will continue to fleece on your husband's finances like leeches until nothing is left. And when nothing is left, they will withdraw and even accuses you for his misfortunes. You, you alone/family will suffer the consequences. So better drop that "it's non of your business attitude". Fight to defend your territory.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by colies(m): 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
You and your husband should agree on what to do Amos 3:3, God will support any decision you both embark on. [/color][color=#990000]
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Spot on girl

The worst part is the husband refusing to caution them. I mean what kinda husband refuses to defend his wife?
I wonder why her husband is not taking any actions. The woman has little say in this.she's only related to them by marriage and not by blood.smh

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
Raincolour:

You've hit the nail on the head. A spouse may be divorced but blood relatives will remain. Use wisdom my dear. Your husband seems like someone that may not be able to stand when push comes to shove. So thread carefully. He is actually the one that is supposed to handle his people. Sometimes, by his mere showing them how much he loves you..., they will advise themselves cos they know he loves his wife and will defend her.
The way one treats his spouse outside is the way people will treat that spouse too. Same applies to treating your relatives the way you want your spouse to treat them.
You av said it all.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by seyenko(m): 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
You are responsible for the fall out - deal with your aunties once and for all just like i did and i tell you, they will never rise against you. I repeat - NEVER

MrsBimbo123:
My father in law is late (RIP), he was a good man and he never stressed me. When things were really rough for my husband, I didn't see any family member, in fact no one came to visit us except my father in law, my mother in law too is late.

My problem is my husband's two Aunties, for 2 years now they have been making my life miserable, always saying bad things about me to people. Someone in my husband's family told me that they are behaving like that because they think I am the one collecting my husband's money but God knows. They are always demanding large sum of money from my husband & I don't mind (it's none of business, even though my husband complain to me most times).

There was a day one of my husband's aunt told my husband to always tell them about anything he is doing. One thing I will never accept from any human being is someone disrespecting my mom, one of his aunt was talking anyhow to my mom few months ago (my mom is very old & she doesn't make trouble). They also talk anyhow to me in public and in the presence of my staff that I will even start crying due to the embarrassment.

I have complained to my husband several times & he told me to do whatever I wish to do to them but It's not in my nature to disrespect elderly people, they are really pushing me, if they continue behaving like this I might disrespect them.

I can remember how my husband's family members tell me that women don't stay long in their family before they go but which woman will stay long with the way they treat them.

I didn't know from the beginning, I have been with my husband for 5years now, he is a very good person, in fact he told me himself that he wish he has no family member, he also told me that he can't talk to them about the way they are behaving.

I will appreciate any good opinion, God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by kennykendo(m): 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
MrsBimbo123:
My father in law is late (RIP), he was a good man and he never stressed me. When things were really rough for my husband, I didn't see any family member, in fact no one came to visit us except my father in law, my mother in law too is late.

My problem is my husband's two Aunties, for 2 years now they have been making my life miserable, always saying bad things about me to people. Someone in my husband's family told me that they are behaving like that because they think I am the one collecting my husband's money but God knows. They are always demanding large sum of money from my husband & I don't mind (it's none of business, even though my husband complain to me most times).

There was a day one of my husband's aunt told my husband to always tell them about anything he is doing. One thing I will never accept from any human being is someone disrespecting my mom, one of his aunt was talking anyhow to my mom few months ago (my mom is very old & she doesn't make trouble). They also talk anyhow to me in public and in the presence of my staff that I will even start crying due to the embarrassment.

I have complained to my husband several times & he told me to do whatever I wish to do to them but It's not in my nature to disrespect elderly people, they are really pushing me, if they continue behaving like this I might disrespect them.

I can remember how my husband's family members tell me that women don't stay long in their family before they go but which woman will stay long with the way they treat them.

I didn't know from the beginning, I have been with my husband for 5years now, he is a very good person, in fact he told me himself that he wish he has no family member, he also told me that he can't talk to them about the way they are behaving.

there's no such thing as, do anything you want to do with them...

listen you and your husband have to seat your asses down and reach an agreement and consensus because when he begins to speak they'll listen.. let him yell at them.

they aren't his immediate family, so they have no right to demand without conscience. His parents are late, yes his money is meant for you, his children and maybe just maybe his dependent siblings, (if they're not earning or are students).

You need to start now to protect your future. Don't say the way he gives cash ain't your business. When he'll run out of cash, that's when you'll know that it is your business

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by erico2k2(m): 7:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
MrsBimbo123:

1 ignore them as its not physical
2 Avoid them at all cost
3 stay close to God
4 have your own back up plan
5 See if you and huby can change environment to where it cost a bit more for them to be in your face.
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by omojeesu(m): 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
MrsBimbo123:

WE NEED TO HEAR THE SIDE OF YOUR IN-LAWS.

YOU OR YOUR IN-LAWS OR BOTH YOU AND THEM ARE BAD.

BUT ONE THING IS VERY CLEAR: YOUR HUSBAND IS A WEAKLING!! HE'S SUPPOSED TO PROTECT AND DEFEND YOU, BUT HAS SO FAR FAILED WOEFULLY TO DO SO AND LIKE MOST WOMEN DO: YOU ARE PROTECTING HIM AND FEELING SORRY FOR HIM.

LOVE THEM IN SPITE OF THEM OR IGNORE THEM. YOUR HUSBAND HAS A LOT TO DO HERE. MAY HE HAVE THE COURAGE TO DO THE NEEDFUL AND SPARE YOU THIS WAHALA.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Danchibez: 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
MrsBimbo123:

try to use ur God given wisdom to bring ur husband's mind and senses together for him to kn his fault in spoiling his siblings against his own family. both of u should hv one mind and should speak wit one voice. pray for God grace to overcome d temptation

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Laredojohn(m): 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hmmm, your husband is the best person to fight this out for you... He needs be the man and set boundaries for his aunties, him giving you the go ahead is very wrong because when the chips are down, you will be blamed, he wouldn't say he gave you the go ahead to disrespect them, also pray about it.... Wish you all the best
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by conscienceman4(m): 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
Madam, personally I don't give long advice but what I will tell now is what you will understand after you have done it, that is, if you are a Christian.
Go and do WOFBI. You will be thought about family life.
As any member of Winners' Chapel you know so as to direct you and by the time you finish you will know how to relate with them.
Let she who has ears hear what the Spirit says.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Zeze06(m): 7:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
Those ones are not men...

adontcare:
most men are like that. They want to please dia family members at the cost of his nuclear family( wife and kids)
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by poseidon12: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
Your husband should man up and talk to his aunts to give you guys some space to live your lives as husband and wife.
If you are not collecting your husband's money, who else should.

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Prittygift(f): 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
eezeribe:
you also wrote that "his aunties are always demanding money from him and it's non of your business,even though he sometimes complains to you"...

'And he told you to do whatever you like to his aunties,because there is nothing he can do about it '..

Both of you are indifferent to each other's plight,and until you both come together and figure out the best way to handle the situation...
There is nothing we nairalanders can do about it....
This is my own suggestion...
#God bless you too.
Gbam!!!! You have said it all

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
confront or ignore them. the choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
Zeze06:
Those ones are not men...

shocked

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by oloriadejoke(f): 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
i know how you feel but the best advice i can give you is to have lots and lotsssss of patience,they dont have a happy home,all they do is to gossip and pokenoses into someone else affairs and they dont want their brother to also have a happy home too,they want all of them to stay under the same roof,so MADAM WITH PRAYER AND PATIENCE THEY WILL SURELY PACK WELL I PROMISE YOU,IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN GET YOUR BIBLE AND READ YOUR PSALMS YOU WILL LATER COME AND SHARE YOUR TESTIMONY ON NAIRALAND..lolzzz they will comeback to make friends with you by fire by force BUT...(DONT WISH THEM EVIL OOOO)

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
MrsBimbo123:

Nne Kpulu omu n'onu.

Absolute silence. It works every time.

Remember to show no weakness, Don't ever cry for anyone both in front of them or behind dem........ most especially behind dem.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
Lol.. Blame your husband, he is not a good husband, he is not protecting you.. Cos they are his aunt doesn't mean he can't talk to them.

Leave your in-laws and face your husband, he is the problem and not them.

Talk to him and tell him to behave like a man,all this in-laws, they can't allow family to be in peace, poking nose in another man life..

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by adatemi: 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
All I can add to what others have said is never say it's none of business who your husband gives money to. It's your business! Whatever money he makes is yours and vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Rozaytee: 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
U are still thinking....u better stand ur ground and give dem serious warning...wat nonesense...
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by simbol(f): 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
My sister please be patience and continue to pray.Do not make any attempt to insult them because if you do.All the blames will definitely come upon you.so continue praying.God will put you through.
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 29, 2017
You and your husband have to come together push this menace away. Or else you may not last in that home.

Inlaws and their wahala

Always bent on destroying homes

angry

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by delishpot: 12:47am On Aug 29, 2017
If I was your relative, I will have them beaten up after they spoke like drunk witches to your mom. I don't take such shit from rude women. BTW, they have used pant water to dilute your husband's brain hence he has given them free reign over his family. Take the man for deliverance before they kill him like they did his parents.

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by abescom: 3:11am On Aug 29, 2017
Don't blame anyone but yours husband. He allowed the madness. My siblings started on my wife ( with my mom certainly fuelling things from behind) but all it cost me is ceasing contact with everyone of them.

Family is not by force. If you a so called family is ready to frustrate my marriage I will just show you I won't all it. Your husband needs to accept he is married now and you and the kids ( if any yet) are his priority. His aunties are not worth it. If they want peace give them peace. If they want war and you can't give them war, step away. Keep them at bay.

MrsBimbo123:

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Gemc3(f): 4:34am On Aug 29, 2017
eezeribe:
you also wrote that "his aunties are always demanding money from him and it's non of your business,even though he sometimes complains to you"...

'And he told you to do whatever you like to his aunties,because there is nothing he can do about it '..

Both of you are indifferent to each other's plight,and until you both come together and figure out the best way to handle the situation...
There is nothing we nairalanders can do about it....
This is my own suggestion...
#God bless you too.

You took the words right out of my mouth. You are so right.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by chinybelle(f): 5:54am On Aug 29, 2017
Headlesschicken:
undecided Replace words wiv action yuh husband has given u d go ahead order.... or just continue taking d crap,d choice x yuhs.... U Berra man up and mark yuh territory... Choice x yuhs...
So that they will say he is the one controlling him
Op
Until your husband stand up to his aunties, there is nothing anyone can do for you.
Except you accept the bad wife label and stand for you two
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by bayulll011(m): 7:17am On Aug 29, 2017
Venica:
I will advice you to pray about it. some people are just so wicked. they will never remember you when you are in the pot of poverty but they will start shouting your name the moment you hammered. when next they come with their troubles, make it clear to them that you are just respecting them as elders n in-laws. but since they don't want respect , you are ready to handle them the best way they deserved. this will make them to think twice. above all pray. pray and pray. may God change their minds towards you in Jesus name Amen

olodo pray koo praY ni
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Johnsown1(m): 7:19am On Aug 29, 2017
From your little explanation i would say that u dont know what u want.
Ur too nice and too weak
Ur naive and ur still a girl instead of being a lady
Ur fellow woman puts u in distress that means ur have not grown a bit.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Johnsown1(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
If am to go by your explanation,then it shows that ,ur sisters in-law are not to be blamed.Rather ur husband shld be blamed for the too much leverage and leniencies he gave them.Please don't get me wrong.From the little I understand about marriage, it is a life long contract between TWO people, not THREE not FOUR.Your husband gave his sisters the room to pokenose into his personal affairs,and that's what's causing all this problems.Am not saying he shldnt help his siblings, but there's a limit to everything. His immediate family ought to be his first priority. He shld tighten the nuts and make them understand that he has a family of his own to cater for ,and so they shld expect less from him.

It is partially the husband's fault but the lady shares the biggest fault here
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by fumisko(f): 7:24am On Aug 29, 2017
From little. I had learnt it's a man's job to protect his wife from family insult...a cold man is a man who can't defend his wife in a wife n strategic manner from the bickering of his people...when my Aunty was to marry...my mum saw this trait in the guy and told her categorically about it that she shld prepare to face her man it standing up for her in her home. Because during engagement he was already shakkng and coming to meet his wife simply because his family said she didn't do something
I know how my dad stands up for my mum...d can't even dare insulting her..mayb they can do it in secret.
He is tell them with due respect MAS, you can insult me I am a child to u. If I do wrong tell me. If my wife does wrong tell her in love. But what I won't stand as her protective cover is to see u demean her publicly n insult her? For what
Let your husband be a true man....not cold water one. It's his job to defend u before his people and even strangers and it's your job to defend him before ur people and strangers too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTO: This Beautiful Girl Is Missing / Howard Sueing III Ekundayo: American Man Adopts Nigerian Wife’s Surname / Couple's Egyptian Themed Maternity Shoot Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.