Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me (29376 Views)

My Husband Is Frustrating Me. / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Humblelion1987: 12:08pm On Jul 25, 2023
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?

33 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by LikeAking: 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2023
Keep quiet!

134 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by FairlyUSEDpussy: 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:
Good morning nairaland family, please I have a serious issue which I need your advice.
I met my fiancee 1st March 2023 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 4 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

She had a serious fight with the parents last night and the mum even called me and told me that if I can't abide by there rules, I should forget about there daughter. Am the only son and my parents are not aware of the situation.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed two of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

Please I need advise on how to go about this as I have two options in my mind. Should I move on and forget all the money I have spent so far or should I stand by my fiancee who loves me so much and finish the fight?

This life no balance true true......... Graduated in 2018 and served year 2019............

since then no stable job even tho have applied a billion time.........

will be 33 yrs and no plan off getting married self..............

Here's another young man with a good job, car s, comfortable house and already planning to settle down.........at age 33

271 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Ajione(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:
I met my fiancee 1st March 2023 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 4 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed two of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

The family might want to use you get there daughter to travel abroad, study them very well, and be sure your wife love you.

You can start the processing of travelling out before your marriage.

Once it click get married and leave but try everything to somehow cut your wife from the parent but take good care of the parent.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Gloriagee(f): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2023
Which multinational company employed you with all your gbaguns? Sha, e no concern me but for this relationship, I will advise you not to rush things. I will also not advise you to marry someone whose family thinks she can do better than you.

228 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by henrimoto(m): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Gloriagee:
Which multinational company employed you with all your gbaguns? Sha, e no concern me but for this relationship, I will advise you not to rush things. I will not advise you to marry someone whos family thinks she can do better than you.
...It's not by perfection. You must not be perfect before......

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by DenreleDave(m): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:
I met my fiancee 1st March 2022 and everything clicked, within few weeks, we are like people who have been together for years because we share many things in common, we are birthday mates, we like the same food, we are practically like twins. I work as a Key account manager in charge of my region in one of the leading multinational company here in Nigeria, why she works as an RN(registered nurse) in one of the top private hospital in the state I base too. I will be 33yrs by September while she will be 25years the same date and month. We are supposed to get married by May this year because am ready and she is ready too, but the parents have been frustrating me, one that am not from there state, we passed through that phase and fixed our traditional wedding next month, the mum and her people now came up with another issue that she must travel abroad before getting married, even when I have tried convincing them that I can't prevent there daughter from traveling even after marriage because I have been nursing same ambition too.

When I met my fiancee, she has been doing bad in her ihealth exams not until I came into her life. I have purchased the form three times in a space of 6 months plus her form for CBT and I do practically everything for my woman. Since we met, she doesn't touch her salary, she doesn't stress herself much about house duties, both washing, cooking and other things because as a bachelor, those are the things I enjoyed doing. I love her so much and she love me too, but am totally confused on what to do as the parents have said point blank that she can only get married when she travels to UK.

I don't know there problem because as a young man, I leave in a comfortable bungalow, drives good car outside my official car and equally employed one of her siblings on a temporary project am running for my office, which they both earn 60k monthly.

What a family!!!!!!

You sef don do too much for someone you are yet to marry. The parents feel they will still be Okay because you have invested so much in thier daughter and they have nothing to lose. If you dont make a fast move, the lady will leave you.

ladies cant go against parent for a long time like a man, all it takes for her is to see another man probably from her state that will what you are doing for her and she will forget you.

Involve your parents. Let adult to adult discuss

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by henrimoto(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion, Stand by your fiancee to fight through this phase. The mother is the problem here.

Don't appear to be eager about the wedding before the mother and the family. Tell the mother you have heard her, call off every preparation for the wedding for now but let your fiancee know what your game plan is.

Calm down, na man you be. Just act like you are not interested in the marriage again, make your fiancee dey play her own part by troubling her mother/family.

Humblelion! Humblelion!! Make you no go beg your fiancee mother o. No go beg am o.

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Stevenbright(m): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2023
They want to use you to enable her travel out. Once they achieve that, they will go back to their initial objection of differences in tribe. I don't even know why you are forcing yourself on her. They simply don't want you but your money!

So, just move on and count your losses.

201 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by henrimoto(m): 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2023
Stevenbright:
They want to use you to enable her travel out. Once they achieve that, they will go back to their initial objection of differences in tribe. I don't even know why you are forcing yourself on her. They simply don't want you but your money!

So, just move on and count your losses.
@humblelion, let me ask, can your fiancee's mother afford to send her daughter to the UK ?

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Ulunne777(f): 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2023
If The mom is looking at you to sponsor the UK journey,then let her allow you ppl to marry first.
What's the big deal?
***If she later agrees make sure you fulfil your promise.Dont use pregnancy to abort her future prospects.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Reinamaria(f): 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2023
No matter what they do, or how they might try to frustrate you, do not leave her.
As long as she loves you, and is willing to fight for you.
It's not them you're marrying, it's your lady.

It is not easy to come by someone you're so compatible with these days.
Someone that understands you as much as you understand her.
It's like you were made for each other.
I believe you will be happy married to her.

What about her father?

15 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by sotall(m): 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2023
undecided
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Think9ja(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2023
This guy you be real mumu

Since we met, I've done this and that, she doesn't touch her salary, I have bought form for CBT bla bla bla.

All I see is the lamentations of a very weak man. But continue. Shey na the toto de sweet you? E go soon clear for your eyes.

De play, just de play

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2023
If you like no abort mission. Your eyes go clear.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by madridsta007(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2023
Humblelion1987:

First go and enrol for IELTS and work on your English language and spelling. It is terrible, That is probably the reason why her family is fighting you.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by KingLennon(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2023
Those are red flags you are seeing. You shouldn't marry into a family that doesn't like you. It will end in tears. You need to be prayerful maybe she is not meant for you las las wink

35 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Kobicove(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2023
The girl's family probably see her as their ticket out of poverty if she's able to relocate abroad with her nursing qualification.

This dream will be cut short if you marry her and keep her here in Nigeria, this is the reason why they are resisting...

My advise is that you slow things down or abandon mission all together!

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Nice2023(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
This family will end up frustrating u.

Any marriage that starts this way may not end well.

Are u sure they didn't sell their only family land just to send ur woman to school,then why this character?

They are already seeing u as a stumbling block.

Be careful,there are great women out there and doing well for themselves.

That I can say.

Remember u are the only son....plsssss ohhhhh.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by KingDash09(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
Some of your mates no even go school
Don’t be ungrateful baba
FairlyUSEDpussy:

This life no balance true true......... Graduated in 2018 and served year 2019............

Here's another young man with a good job, car s, comfortable house and already planning to settle down.........at age 33

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by sammirano: 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
A bad wife is better than a bad inlaw

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
Use your wisdom before they use it for you.

First of all can the parents afford to send her to the UK without your help or they want to use you to achieve that mission?

If the parents can comfortably afford it, then I will advice you not to leave her because money is not the problem in this case.

But if they can't, ogbeni move on with your life because they obviously want to use you to achieve that and the girl might even leave you when she gets there..

The easiest way out of this is to impregnate her, simple!

Na them sef go dey beg you to come and do the needful asap except they lack respect for their family.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by revived2: 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
E be many things
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by izubext007: 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
run oo

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by PayEscrow: 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
undecided
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by illuminutty: 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
Na you dey frustrate yourself.

How would you allow another human being frustrate you on top the frustration brought about by APC and Balablu renewed shege banza?

You are weak.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Reinamaria(f): 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
madridsta007:

First go and enrol for IELTS and work on your English language and spelling. It is terrible, That is probably the reason why her family is fighting you.

You, where has your own English taken you?

30 Likes

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
Reinamaria:
No matter what they do, or how they might try to frustrate you, do not leave her.
As long as she loves you, and is willing to fight for you.
It's not them you're marrying, it's your lady.

It is not easy to come by someone you're so compatible with these days.
Someone that understands you as much as you understand her.
It's like you were made for each other.
I believe you will be happy married to her.

You ladies will just be talking folktale stories.

If you like go and marry a man that his family members dont like you since it's only the man you're marrying then come back and edit your comment.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Puss360(f): 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
All these tales by moonlight stories sef don tire me...
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Dimaya: 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
AT least it's not as bad as this girl whose mom-in-law was trying to baby-trap her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4BibbVE6qY
Re: My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me by Cemsorcems: 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Omo. Omo.
I no even know wetin to talk.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage / Woman Delivered Of Triplets After 29 Years Of Marriage - Photos / And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.