Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin (33292 Views)

Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video) / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2017
ayamprecious:
I don't need all this rice whatever, am seriously on diet grin

You are just killing yourself with sugar.
If you want to diet do vegetables.
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Icon79(m): 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
Omoge, shine your eyes, he just want to hook up.

O pari

debdave:

Wait....

Are you "really" serious about this or what?
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by bolseas(f): 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2017
Bread nko?
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by vanhayor(m): 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2017
Got it
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
Icon79:
Omoge, shine your eyes, he just want to hook up.

O pari

Lol..... And you would know that because that's your style too?.... Or you're in his mind?... Or his mouthpiece?. Which one?

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by 9jatatafo(m): 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
What of Banga Soup and Starch? Banga Rice nko?

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by darlenese(f): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
what about stone soup? it u don't know what stone soup is, ask any four year old child.
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by darlenese(f): 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
what about stone soup? it u don't know what stone soup is, ask any four year old child.
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by darlenese(f): 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by UncutSk(m): 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
madridguy:
I stays around Alimosho and you?

Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by ayamprecious: 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

You are just killing yourself with sugar.
If you want to diet do vegetables.

Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Icon79(m): 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2017
Well, I would know because I used to play the game myself tongue

I am retired tho.

O pari

debdave:

Lol..... And you would know that because that's your style too?.... Or you're in his mind?... Or his mouthpiece?. Which one?
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
redbeans:
Okra you mean? smiley
Ila okro
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by chris31(m): 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hello Nairalanders PH branch i need ur help i just relocated to PH having finished Nysc i need to get myself busy pls anyone that is willing to help me with a job i will appreciate a lot....God bless u all.
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Probz(m): 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
redbeans:
Okra you mean? smiley
The proper name's okwuru (Igbo). Okra and okro are as right or wrong as each other. They're both oyibonised.

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Onos866: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2017
9jatatafo:
What of Banga Soup and Starch? Banga Rice nko?

If you take that away

All the deltas will come after you

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by billyG(m): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
it is actually called wollof rice by d rice eating wollof pple of senegambia.
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by eboiga(f): 8:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
Order for your vanilla,chocolate,sprinkled fruit,strawberry,red velvet and fruit cakes. Please call 08167062263 to place your orders. Thank you
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by nengibo: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
The Jolof empire must have been a happy empire

Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Diderot001: 10:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
[quote author=Opinionated post=59906606]Nigerian cuisine consists of delicious and mouthwatering dishes from the many ethnic groups in Nigeria. Nigerian cuisines typically involve the use of spices and herbs with palm oil or groundnut oil to make varieties of deliciously flavoured foods, often spiced with chilli peppers. However, there are some of our mouth-watering Nigerian foods that actually have foreign origins. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 Nigerian foods with foreign origins.

Jollof Rice

All Nigerians are probably very familiar with the ‘Jollof wars’ by now and though which country’s Jollof rice is the best remains a topic of passionate debate, there is one interesting fact about Jollof rice that might be unknown by many – Jollof rice is actually of foreign origin. The origins of Jollof rice can be traced to the Senegambian region that was ruled by the Jolof empire.

ruled by the wollof empire you meant to say I guess.
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by alagba333(m): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
senegambia is also of african origin now... foreign origin means outside d shores of africa.

wat of ofada rice
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by MultiCEO1: 10:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
redbeans:
Okra you mean? smiley
No! Okwuru. Who get time form oyibo for naija food.

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Jobabori(m): 11:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
Gone are the days of Jollof rice when I was in primary school in the 70s. Your nose will feel aroma from nearly a kilometer afar. But what they call Jolof rice now are mostly concortion with diluted smelling of white maggi, palm oil and other concortion ingredients. Only few cook real Jollof rice now
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Jaftee(m): 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
you just wasted your time trying to bend history... try harder
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by 9jatatafo(m): 6:40am On Aug 29, 2017
Onos866:

If you take that away

All the deltas will come after you
Oh boy na yawa be that ooo
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by madridguy(m): 8:05am On Aug 29, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm. Can we hangout then?

debdave:

Sorry,but i thought it was just a joke.

I'm sure you have people around you that can teach you how to cook.
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by BiggyBamBam: 8:09am On Aug 29, 2017
You are not serious. How did the Afemai people of old met the American Indians to be able to cook the CORN SOUP?
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Probz(m): 10:21am On Aug 29, 2017
Jobabori:
Gone are the days of Jollof rice when I was in primary school in the 70s. Your nose will feel aroma from nearly a kilometer afar. But what they call Jolof rice now are mostly concortion with diluted smelling of white maggi, palm oil and other concortion ingredients. Only few cook real Jollof rice now
Tell us what real jollof rice is.
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Tedassie(m): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2017
Fisherman's Soup
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
madridguy:
Hmmmmmmmm. Can we hangout then?
No.
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
Icon79:
Well, I would know because I used to play the game myself tongue

I am retired tho.

O pari

Good for you then.
Re: 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin by Icon79(m): 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
Meanwhile, let me know if he's still bothering you so I can take care of the situation grin

O pari

debdave:

Good for you then.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Crowns Milk Introduces “Smallie Pack” / KUNUN ZAKI (millet Drink Recipe) / The Process Of Drying Crayfish (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.