Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism (1423 Views)

Priest Patrick Asomugha Leaves German Church After Receiving Death Threat / Apostle Johnson Suleman To Open His Airline, Promises To Employ 3,000 Africans / Two Snakes Found Fighting In Church After Prayers - Evangelist Chibuzo Fredrick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by martineverest(m): 6:27am On Aug 29, 2017
Pastor of America's largest church was forced to open his church to Harvey flood victims after heavy bombardment on social media .His refusal to open his church shook Americans after 21 mosques and other churches were opened to shelter flood victims.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
mukina2
ishilove
Mynd44

Here are some of the reactions:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by martineverest(m): 6:36am On Aug 29, 2017
Other reactions

Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by josephobaro(m): 7:08am On Aug 29, 2017
Only God knows his people. Judgment day will be fun.

1 Like

Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by DjAndroid: 7:11am On Aug 29, 2017
Who am I to judge him? Let him and God settle.
Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by Benjom(m): 7:21am On Aug 29, 2017
Not only churches, individual homes should also be opened to flood victims... Shikena!
Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by felixomor: 7:22am On Aug 29, 2017
josephobaro:
Only God knows his people. Judgment day will be fun.
Fun for who?
You think so?
Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 29, 2017
There have been series of conspiracies and attacks against this man Joel osteen. If this is true then I don't support it either.

But let God be the judge over his servants.
Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by felixomor: 7:27am On Aug 29, 2017
Where did they force the "church open"?
Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by ifenes(m): 7:44am On Aug 29, 2017
DjAndroid:

It is your duty to speak out. Stop this "him and god will settle it" lies. The god they preach in the church is a lie.

3 Likes

Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by ifenes(m): 7:47am On Aug 29, 2017
Jacksonville:
There have been series of conspiracies and attacks against this man Joel osteen. If this is true then I don't support it either.

But let God be the judge over his servants.

Speak out and make a change. That type of god you think will judge him doesn't exist.

3 Likes

Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by hopefulLandlord: 8:01am On Aug 29, 2017
Maybe Yahweh told him not to open it?

2 Likes

Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by raphieMontella: 8:19am On Aug 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Maybe Yahweh told him not to open it?
maybe, just maybe
Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 29, 2017
ifenes:

Speak out and make a change. That type of god you think will judge him doesn't exist.

And I say he exists. Stick to your belief and I'll stick to mine. Yo' heard?

Ciao.

2 Likes

Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by ifenes(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
Jacksonville:

And I say he exists. Stick to your belief and I'll stick to mine. Yo' heard?

Ciao.

You believe "he exists , why not " her"?

3 Likes

Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

1 Like

Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by Topgainer: 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2017
They will dirty the place and occupy the space, thus preventing genuine students of his Lecture theatre from attending classes. Joel Osteen runs a successful inspiration-talking center, a very eloquent man, supposedly filled with wisdom on how to corner the rich depressed souls and disposes them of their hard currency.
He knows very well the cost implications of housing those multitude, like his Nigerian counterparts in motivational speaking, he knows a week without one or two programs at the Center will mean a loss in millions of dollars revenue.
And it is uncertain how long these new occupants will stay. It is not an easy decision, were it not that as a pastor, he is expected to live an exemplary life of selflessness, allowing one's business premises to be overrun by refuges is not a simple thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by Topgainer: 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
DjAndroid:
Nobody is judging him actually he does not have a date at the Courts where judgment takes place.

All I saw there were People voicing out that his refusal to accommodate the displaced is contrary to his supposed appellation, Pastor, and that probably compelled him to act sensibly. Speak out against oppression and maleficence, it is biblical to do so.

1 Like

Re: Americans Forced Joel Osteen To Open His Church After Heavy Criticism by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
ifenes:

You believe "he exists , why not " her"?

(1) (Reply)

Confusion And Hypocrisy On The Part Of Christians Towards Science. / Pst. Daddy Freeze Of Free The Sheeple church Recieves N1milllion Seed Offerings / Why Did God Cast Satan From Heaven To Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.