Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:36 AM

Can You Take Your Child To This School? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Take Your Child To This School? (4245 Views)

I Want To Report This School In My Area. / Drop A Comment When You See What's Wrong With This School Billboard / Checkout This School Signpost Spotted In Enugu (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Take Your Child To This School? by vezycash(m): 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
Heloct:
Education is so overrated. I would rather enrol my kid in a football academy.

Do not confuse schooling with education.

You can be educated with minimal schooling or without school.

And you can be an uneducated BSc (bull sh1t college) holder.

I did not let my schooling get in the way of my education - Mark Twain

Education is what remains after you have forgotten what you learned in school - Albert Einstein
Re: Can You Take Your Child To This School? by vezycash(m): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
IamBornToWin:
If you think education is expensive, try ignorant.

EDUCATION not SCHOOLING.

Schooling is just one part of education. If you remember your primary school social studies - there are two forms of education. Formal and... ?

This school is very expensive.
Re: Can You Take Your Child To This School? by Heloct(f): 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2017
vezycash:

Do not confuse schooling with education.

You can be educated with minimal schooling or without school.

And you can be an uneducated BSc (bull shit college) holder.

I did not let my schooling get in the way of my education - Mark Twain

Education is what remains after you have forgotten what you learned in school - Albert Einstein

OK. I obviously confused the two.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take Your Child To This School? by AfricanApple(f): 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
I know that school, it's opposite yoruba mosque in maitama. no wonder it's mostly white men's children I usually see there.
Arueme
Re: Can You Take Your Child To This School? by armadeo(m): 5:29pm On Aug 30, 2017
It's beyond mosy people but many won't understand. These schools groom the child well for the future. many of them non finishing secondary school can enrol in foreign universities direct cos they do the foreign equivalent of waec in addition to our national horror.

It is very pricey but more than worth it. Many people roaming around with certificates aren't educated.

Check the college tuition for a regular univeristy in the UK or USA and come back to comment.
Re: Can You Take Your Child To This School? by vezycash(m): 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
armadeo:
It's beyond mosy people but many won't understand. These schools groom the child well for the future. many of them non finishing secondary school can enrol in foreign universities direct cos they do the foreign equivalent of waec in addition to our national horror.

It is very pricey but more than worth it. Many people roaming around with certificates aren't educated.

Check the college tuition for a regular univeristy in the UK or USA and come back to comment.

Story story.

Whatever they say or teach is all bobo - wayo.

However, the real benefit is that a child who attends schools like these would have rich friends. And future wealthy, important people. So no matter what happens in the future, getting a job, contract, loan, investment is only a call away.

Corruption? I wouldn't call it that.

However, the "masses" would keep quiet when they hear that a person attended so so so school. They'll say, "No wonder. He's qualified."

For where, many Havard graduates aren't more intelligent than you and I. Their knowledge ain't so ground breaking either. It's simply who they know.

What matters isn't what you know. It's who you know. - Fact of life.

When I have my kids, I'll make sure to take them to places where they can make friends with different kids -esp during the holidays.

I don't need 400k school fees to do that.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take Your Child To This School? by armadeo(m): 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2017
vezycash:

Story story.

Whatever they say or teach is all bobo - wayo.

However, the real benefit is that a child who attends schools like these would have rich friends. And future wealthy, important people. So no matter what happens in the future, getting a job, contract, loan, investment is only a call away.

Corruption? I wouldn't call it that.

However, the "masses" would keep quiet when they hear that a person attended so so so school. They'll say, "No wonder. He's qualified."

For where, many Havard graduates aren't more intelligent than you and I. Their knowledge ain't so ground breaking either. It's simply who they know.

What matters isn't what you know. It's who you know. - Fact of life.

When I have my kids, I'll make sure to take them to places where they can make friends with different kids -esp during the holidays.

I don't need 400k school fees to do that.

You still believe education is what a teacher writes on the board and you regurgitate it back at exams.

As I said you wouldn't understand.

Ps probably Harvard graduates had the opportunity to study there and we don't. bring your cert let him bring his and see who will be answered.

this is beyond the myopic workings in this country after all a tailor could become rich by knowing someone.
Re: Can You Take Your Child To This School? by vezycash(m): 12:26am On Aug 31, 2017
armadeo:

You still believe education is what a teacher writes on the board and you regurgitate it back at exams.

As I said you wouldn't understand.

Ps probably Harvard graduates had the opportunity to study there and we don't. bring your cert let him bring his and see who will be answered.

this is beyond the myopic workings in this country after all a tailor could become rich by knowing someone.

I wrote very simple words. Now you're regurgitating myopic back at me.

Schooling and education are not the same thing.

Education is what remains after what you've forgotten what you learned in school. -Albert Einstein.

Enough said.
Re: Can You Take Your Child To This School? by WIZGUY69(m): 4:28am On Aug 31, 2017
That was my primary school..
Very beautiful

(1) (2) (Reply)

"When I Fork Pr&ck It Nearly Breaks" Shameless Nollywood Actress Reveals / Top 4 Best Medical School Scholarships Worth $10,000 Or More / My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.