Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,519 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction (807 Views)

Juju Man / Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group / Purified Tomorrow: The Mad Awakening (A Science Fiction) By Akinjide Akintayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction by intrepidToju: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
My name is Okholoma Madumere, though in this Age where people hardly read a word completely before assuming, am sure you'll be wondering what manner of person bears 'Oklahoma'(a city in the USA) as a name but it's actually OKHOLOMA. Yes check back! It's the Anglicised spelling of my name OKOLOMA which means a handsome young man/boy. The name was given to me by my Grandmother who felt am a reincarnation of her lost husband; who went missing during the Nigeria Civil war. I'm not sure why you should care who I'm or that I exist but if not for anything just stick around because I'll take you round my world of Afro Science Fiction and Juju Fiction (although some of which are real life experiences that I choose to 'fictionise').
I was born with Dada (dreadlocks). My parents are Christians so when I turned 1 my dreads were cut against my wish and prayers were made on my behalf so that I will live a normal 'christian' life and not die young because my parents thought that am an ogbanje. Ogbanjes are children believed to be possessed by spirits and whose lifespans are always short but they are just products of AS-AS marriages...I'll talk about them later on.
Am not an ogbanje ; am 4 years adrift my 14th birthday. Am not a wizard or any bad person. Infact I don't really see myself as Dada. I think am standing on that line that differentiate ogbanje and Dada. I see visions, spirits and kanda (a faceless type of spirit that looms around people whose death is near).Am not possessed as you might be tempted to think, am just a rare version of Nkata (people of my kind) trying to discover myself, learning to learn the acts of Ndi Nkata. Am Ab-normal and I mean it metaphorically. Am Above normal.
For now am 'weird' by the standards of our culture that it will be superfluous for LindaIkeji Blog or Drunkpen Blog not only will never feature a piece about me but might also reject my attempt to comment and subscribe to their publication on the ground that the deep blackhole gravity of my weirdness is powerful enough to suck their Blog into oblivion like it never existed before.
I'm 18 years old. To a world-wise Adult, I'm little more than a weird child. To a christ-wise Adult, I'm a possessed child in dire need of thorough 'deliverance'. To my parents, I'm but a prayer point. To my Grandmother, I'm her long lost husband. To any child, however, I'm old enough to be distrusted, to be excluded forever from the comical community of the BLACK, BOLD AND BEARDLESS. To you,I'm Okholoma Madumere your captain as I take you round my world of Afro Science Fiction and Juju Fiction.
#AfroScienceFiction
#JujuFiction
#AfricaTraditionalReligion
Source;
https://jujufied-blog.joomla.com/2-uncategorised/2-introduction-to-afro-sci-fiction-and-juju-fiction
Re: Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction by Lemeechi: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
Sounds interesting. Small correction: Oklahoma is a state in the US, not a city.
Re: Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction by intrepidToju: 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2017
Lemeechi:
Sounds interesting. Small correction: Oklahoma is a state in the US, not a city.
Thanks. I will have to inform the Author. Am just a messenger.
Re: Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction by MightyFortress: 12:23am On Sep 01, 2017
come continue o.. fine intro
Re: Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction by intrepidToju: 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
MightyFortress:
come continue o.. fine intro
Thanks. Just stick around.

(1) (Reply)

Crumbs From My Upcoming Novels / A Journey To Heaven (a Short Story) / I Need Very Good Copywriter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.