Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

In A Dilemma! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In A Dilemma! (2841 Views)

My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. / Help? I'm In A Dilemma / Help Am In A Dilemma Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In A Dilemma! by Renaj: 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
So l came to Lagos to search for work and through referral, l started staying with 2 siblings, male and female in a 2 bedroom apartment who are both in their late 30s and 20s l think, respectively.
Its obvious the lady doesn't like me from day 1 but she has no choice as the brother pays the rent. Now she said she is aiming to become a pastor, said l am possessed and needs to come with her to the mountain for deliverance. Don't know which mountain though, just heard of Kilimanjaro in Africa but will like to go for sightseeing only. She commands me to join in house fellowship which she organises every Sunday or get out! Her words not mine. But being me, l stood my ground and refused to join because l wasn't impressed with her Christianity and lifestyle.
I have had and still have challenges living with her ranging from her chasing me out of her bed accusing my body of touching her and affecting her spiritual life and my innocent legs of turning to snake at night and me now sleeping on the cold hard cemented bare floor in the parlour with only my wrapper acting as a barrier. By the way, is much better. She eats and dumps plates which l wash and in return, when l got mad with some silly accusations she made and mentioned her indifference to helping her wash up, she said l am being stupid for washing up and that God directs her when to wash up or not. Mind you, she leaves them up to a week sometimes. She has said many vile things to me. On one occasion, I told the brother of the status quo with the sister and he said l should ignore her because that is her way. Her brother gave me money to buy gas and buy dettol and tissue with the remaining money ie #300. I did and she abused me that l lack common sense and should have informed her as she is the person that handles that. I was tired of the incessant insult and tired of keeping mum and told her she lacks common sense too because she never complained when l purchased some things from my pocket.
My problem is that she is driving me crazy. Although l haven't gotten a job, l can afford to rent something small without buying anything. Have already developed a backbone from sleeping on the floor. My hesitation stems from the location of possible job in the future and cutting down transport expenses by getting accommodation around and the fear of wasting the little l have in accommodation without getting a job. Please what do you advice, fam?
Re: In A Dilemma! by dingbang(m): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
So some girls of this sort exist. .

Aru
Re: In A Dilemma! by ogoplus: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
I suggest you move out(relocate) and have your peace....

3 Likes

Re: In A Dilemma! by iyiolaoluwa: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
Try as much as u can 2 ignore her knowing that its just for awhile! For the joy that's set b4 u, endure d pain!!!

1 Like

Re: In A Dilemma! by mrjojo: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
I wonder why most youth think they most relocate to Lagos to make it. I know most of the Jobs are in Lagos, but before moving you have to put into consideration a lot of things. Since you have a little saving, why not move back to your family house and start something with the savings you have no matter how small. You learn cake making and fashion designing, a white collar job isn't a do or die affair. With little packaging here and there, in few years you will be an employer yourself.

Learn to plan, have a plan A,plan B, plan C and sometime take a step back ward and re-plan. Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: In A Dilemma! by ImaIma1(f): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
You should consider moving out. Sleeping on the bare floor can cause Pneumonia. Your well being is important. Either u rent a place or go back home for now to restrategize

3 Likes

Re: In A Dilemma! by Richy4(m): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2017
I am only concern with the fact that u were sleeping on the floor..You might catch cold before u even land on the said job...

I don't know how much a little Vitafoam cost...U know the type they use in boarding school...tell the guy paying the rent that u want to buy a little foam...That the floor u were sleeping on is telling on you..tell him not to worry that u can afford it..(if u did not tell him, it will look as if u were moving in permanently)

As for the girl, U should remember that u got a mission...that mission is to get a job.. do not get distracted by it..stay focused..wash any dish that was there.. be the house help if possible.because U are a lady on a mission..as soon as u complete ur mission, u go.. Since u were not paying for anything pls stay.. u will need that money to complete your rent when u get a job...Because u will be expected to leave the house after second month u got the job..

Pls let your second name be endurance for now..I know it can be tasking but just swallow your pride since beggars cannot be choosers

7 Likes

Re: In A Dilemma! by Renaj: 7:46am On Aug 30, 2017
Richy4:
I am only concern with the fact that u were sleeping on the floor..You might catch cold before u even land on the said job...

I don't know how much a little Vitafoam cost...U know the type they use in boarding school...tell the guy paying the rent that u want to buy a little foam...That the floor u were sleeping on is telling on you..tell him not to worry that u can afford it..(if u did not tell him, it will look as if u were moving in permanently)

Pls let your second name be endurance for now..I know it can be tasking but just swallow your pride since beggars cannot be choosers

I have gotten a small foam. The brother helped.

2 Likes

Re: In A Dilemma! by Richy4(m): 8:16am On Aug 30, 2017
Renaj:

I have gotten a small foam. The brother helped.

Good it is a matter of time, you will find what u are looking for.. Pls do not forget this BROTHER... because he has done alot for u..it is not easy to accommodate someone even if it's a blood relative.. Always speak good about him even when it doesn't look like it because what i have read so far, he got a good heart..Always believe in yourself...goodluck

6 Likes

Re: In A Dilemma! by Giddyperson: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2017
The above poster has already given you good advice. Don't rent a place yet. Leave the house as much as possible. If you're a religious person, find a church and join the choir or become committed so that when you are not out job hunting, you are in the church. It musn't be church sha, just get something that would keep you out of the house as much as possible. Consider that place a place to lay your head at night.

Also avoid exchanging words with her especially where it gets to the points of insults. Just firmly refute the negative things she says to you. For instance everytime she calls you a witch or a snake, tell her that you refuse to be a witch or a snake but don't let it degenerate to insults like 'You don't have common sense' else one day you guys would come to physical blows. Ignore her when she's just being petty, it's just a matter of time

3 Likes

Re: In A Dilemma! by tomdon(m): 9:45am On Aug 30, 2017
Stay and respect yourself
Be humble and restrain yourself
It's temporal. It will pass
Make fast plans because you're being told that you're not wanted by the land lady
Don't be lazy in any way
Re: In A Dilemma! by Renaj: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
Richy4:

Good it is a matter of time, you will find what u are looking for.. Pls do not forget this BROTHER... because he has done alot for u..it is not easy to accommodate someone even if it's a blood relative.. Always speak good about him even when it doesn't look like it because what i have read so far, he got a good heart..Always believe in yourself...goodluck

Yes, he is a good man. The sister has started saying nasty things like 'l should better mind what am doing with the brother', 'Do you think he will marry you' and stuffs like that. But l just ignore as usual.
Re: In A Dilemma! by Renaj: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
Giddyperson:
The above poster has already given you good advice. Don't rent a place yet. Leave the house as much as possible. If you're a religious person, find a church and join the choir or become committed so that when you are not out job hunting, you are in the church. It musn't be church sha, just get something that would keep you out of the house as much as possible. Consider that place a place to lay your head at night.

Also avoid exchanging words with her especially where it gets to the points of insults. Just firmly refute the negative things she says to you. For instance everytime she calls you a witch or a snake, tell her that you refuse to be a witch or a snake but don't let it degenerate to insults like 'You don't have common sense' else one day you guys would come to physical blows. Ignore her when she's just being petty, it's just a matter of time

Yes I try avoiding her but sometimes, you just have to stand your ground. When the brother asked me to use the balance (#300) from the gas l purchased to buy tissue and dettol, I did. But she never said anything only for her to come 3 weeks later, to tell me to go and get tissue for her to use as the available one has finished. Since am now the woman her brother wants to marry, I should be providing everything. I tried explaining to her but she was adamant and started saying l lack common sense,etc that am supposed to give her the money cause she handles that. I said am sorry that next time l would give her the money. Mind you, she never said such when l purchased gas with my own money. She will just pretend like nothing is amiss. Her incessant rant got on my nerves and l told her that she too lacks common sense and that she is hiding under the cloak of Christianity to be perpetuating evil....That really got to her and she has been mad since..just trying to avoid her but she is unavoidable.

I am doing a little marketing thing that takes me out sometimes and l try visiting friends to stay out sometimes too.
Re: In A Dilemma! by sisisioge: 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2017
I love you OP...you are one heck of a funny chick grin

May God help you sort this issue by landing you a fab job very soon. Indeed, her brother is a good person...be a bit more patient.
Re: In A Dilemma! by Acidosis(m): 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
How much have you saved? What's your qualification? Where do you stay? How old are you?
Re: In A Dilemma! by Renaj: 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2017
Acidosis:
How much have you saved? What's your qualification? Where do you stay? How old are you?

My savings hasn't reached six figures yet. I have an MSc. I stay on Lagos Island. 25
Re: In A Dilemma! by Acidosis(m): 11:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
Renaj:

My savings hasn't reached six figures yet. I have an MSc. I stay on Lagos Island. 25

I think you should hold on, keep enduring, you're still too young to take any desperate step. Getting a place with your savings right now is not feasible especially on Lagos Island.
Re: In A Dilemma! by Renaj: 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
Acidosis:

I think you should hold on, keep enduring, you're still too young to take any desperate step. Getting a place with your savings right now is not feasible especially on Lagos Island.

Hi. I need to rent asap. My budget is 200k including agent and agreement. I got a job around Akpongbon, Leventis Bus stop area. Please suggest possible areas close to my work location.
Re: In A Dilemma! by Acidosis(m): 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
Renaj:

Hi. I need to rent asap. My budget is 200k including agent and agreement. I got a job around Akpongbon, Leventis Bus stop area. Please suggest possible areas close to my work location.

I think you can consider Oyingbo (very close), Yaba, Oworonshoki given the good proximity to work. Although, a friend told me rents aren't at all cheap in Yaba.

Other places are Jibowu, Onipan, Palmgroove.

Agent and agreement sometimes take N60-N80k so you need to work with an improved budget. Otherwise you might want to also extend your reach to places like Ketu, which I think is better than spending so much on accommodation for a "new" job.

Bear in mind that sometimes people who live faraway from work actually pay less than some people living 'around' their workplace. The distance covered may be short but it doesn't always translate to lower transport cost.

Just open your mind to different options and always put your comfort and security first.
Re: In A Dilemma! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
Acidosis:

I think you can consider Oyingbo (very close), Yaba, Oworonshoki given the good proximity to work. Although, a friend told me rents aren't at all cheap in Yaba.

Agent and agreement sometimes take N60-N80k so you need to work with an improved budget. Otherwise you might want to also extend your reach to places like Ketu, which I think is better than spending so much on accommodation for a "new" job.

Bare in mind that sometimes people who live faraway from work actually pay less than some people living 'around' their workplace. The distance covered may be short but it doesn't always translate to lower transport cost.

Just open your mind to different options and always put your comfort and security first.

Renaj

This here is what I'm currently going through & I keep regretting I made this decision based on these type of advises. You cannot compare the peace of mind & time you save by living close to where you work, Your health is at risk.

Lagos is the Worst place to live in Nigeria.

Imagine, I loose approximately 3 hours every day because I stay far from work + Stress of transport in Lagos. Excluding area boys Jacking your car.

3 Hours * ( 30 days in a month * 12 Months) = 1080 Hours in a year.

In a long run, you would discover that you have spent more money transporting yourself to that destination.

Also, you can use that time to venture into other areas as a Lady like Fashion Designing & Tailoring, Cooking, Self development Etc.

Please be wise. Don't be like me.
Re: In A Dilemma! by Acidosis(m): 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
cruchenutii:

Renaj

This here is what I'm currently going through & I keep regretting I made this decision based on these type of advises. You cannot compare the peace of mind & time you save by living close to where you work, Your health is at risk.

Imagine, I loose approximately 3 hours every day because I stay far from work + Stress of transport in Lagos. Excluding area boys Jacking your car.

In a long run, you would discover that you have spent more money transporting yourself to that destination.

Also, you can use that time to venture into other areas as a Lady like Fashion Designing & Tailoring, Cooking, Self development Etc.

grin You have a point.. but it all depends on one's budget and the nature of the job. For me, if my one month's earning (or less) cannot cater for my annual rent, then either the job or the rent will give way.

It all depends on her budget and how much of her earnings or expected earnings can go into rent.
Re: In A Dilemma! by Ishilove: 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
Wetin person no go read for Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin
Re: In A Dilemma! by Renaj: 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ishilove:
Wetin person no go read for Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin

Laughing at my predicament abi grin
Re: In A Dilemma! by Renaj: 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
Acidosis:

Bare in mind that sometimes people who live faraway from work actually pay less than some people living 'around' their workplace. The distance covered may be short but it doesn't always translate to lower transport cost.

Thanks Acidosis
Re: In A Dilemma! by Renaj: 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
cruchenutii:

Renaj

I am very much aware. That is why I want proximity to my work place
Re: In A Dilemma! by Acidosis(m): 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
Renaj:

Thanks Acidosis
smiley smiley Invite me for your "house warming"?
Re: In A Dilemma! by Ishilove: 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
Renaj:

Laughing at my predicament abi grin
In short ehn grin
Re: In A Dilemma! by Renaj: 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
Acidosis:

smiley smiley Invite me for your "house warming"?
Will keep that in view. But be warned that the house will only have a mattress for now till I earn more to put necessary things. If you don't mind grin
Re: In A Dilemma! by Acidosis(m): 12:33am On Nov 17, 2017
Renaj:

Will keep that in view. But be warned that the house will only have a mattress for now till I earn more to put necessary things. If you don't mind grin

no wahala.. I sleep and sit on tiles, rug, and other places the average Nigerian can't endure.

cheesy
Re: In A Dilemma! by ladycomfort(f): 4:56am On Nov 17, 2017
cruchenutii:

Renaj

worst place to live is lagos... and you are still in lagos

op, endure.... lagos is a very good place with great opportunities here and there kiss kiss
Re: In A Dilemma! by Ewuro4: 5:09am On Nov 17, 2017
Stopped reading after the first two lines. You moved to a city without any known and reliable contact to accommodate you? Good luck dude.
Re: In A Dilemma! by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 17, 2017
ladycomfort:

worst place to live is lagos... and you are still in lagos

op, endure.... lagos is a very good place with great opportunities here and there kiss kiss

Yes, I'm still in lagos NOT because I love it here. Infact, Lagos is the worst city to live in Africa, Honestly. You need to go other cities in other countries, Its not like this abeg. Even Accra is not as bad as this.

Yesterday night, I spent 1 hour 30 minutes in Traffic, What kind of Life i'm I living na ! I basically live all my life on the Road.

You get home & there is no light, You need to turn on the Generator just to do simple stuff.

The opportunities in lagos is not as if you are paid half a Million, Its still one rubbish Pay. Nonesense abeg !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Saved My Friend From His Manipulative And Violent wife : Twitter User. / Can You Fight A Younger Person For Calling You Name And Not Bro Or Aunt / I Feel Like Wiring My Daughter Slap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.