Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

They Will Never Know The Struggle - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / They Will Never Know The Struggle (1764 Views)

Why Your Family Should Know The Password To Your Phone -nigerian Woman Tells Men / Hidden First Bank USSD Code You Never Know And Their Functions / How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Will Never Know The Struggle by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
They will never know the struggle we went through with:

1. getjar

2. Waptrick (the original waptrick)

3. Unknowingly downloading a Symbian game into your java phone.

4. Having to load google page by page.

5. Downloading ringtones. Not songs oh...Ring tones.

6. Downloading wallpapers and themes...Lwkm. Everybody had Chris Brown's.

7. Downloading one song...Just one song, and that song will destroy your phone with virus.

8. Sefan and Gambit.....Lwkm.

9. You were a big boy if you could use a whole 1mb to download 1 game...1mb was like 1 terabyte then.

10. Choosing screen size before you download anything. Lol. Not like now that all applications adjust themselves to your phone.

11. Exhausting your data before your download completes. Just forget it.

12. There was one time MTN was advertising games that could be downloaded with N200. I called MTN and told them I wanted to download the game. The lady that picked up told me that I should wait for the game to land in my phone. N200 was deducted....many years after and I am still waiting for the game.��

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
Cc lalasticlala mynd44 ishiluv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by benzene00: 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2017
grin @No12
nobi today mtn start thieve

2 Likes

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Sheuns(m): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
Those were good old days. We are in a better era now. But it was mad ass fun then.

2 Likes

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Roush: 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
Freegate days.. Omg!

2 Likes

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by FellaL: 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2017
Haha... I used to use the P910i. E no fresh rara.

2 Likes

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by KINGHAFI(m): 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2017
In those days...
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2017
I can relate to all grin
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Alfred234(m): 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2017
Chia!!! The good old days. That time 10mb be like 10gb, those days of using proxy to access google i dey always get different proxy address for my head.

3 Likes

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by samsam2019: 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
when I was king with my 3250 nokia. If I see new of that phone I go buy
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
Cc lalasticlala mynd44 let's have some nostalgia
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by ibawon(m): 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2017
Sefan.ru
Sagem my X7
Nokia 3310 classic
I don forget their names Sha I played Splinter Cell like hell smiley

2 Likes

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Daviestunech(m): 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
Chai my symbian 6600 really missed you
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by TDonald: 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
ibawon:
Sefan.ru
Sagem my X7
Nokia 3310 classic
I don forget their names Sha I played Splinter Cell like hell smiley

Splinter Cell : the best mobile game of all time

6 Likes

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by konfused: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
....Days of handler , tor, freegate, freedom, changing IP for opera, using Nokia phone as a modem, browsing through proxy on my desktop .......alot has changed oooooo

2 Likes

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by saxby(f): 1:49am On Aug 30, 2017
That number 12 o can relate
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Obas101(m): 2:05am On Aug 30, 2017
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by austinereds(m): 4:42am On Aug 30, 2017
crazy isn't. my xpressmusic suffer then. cheat and cheats. Everything have changed
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by threadstone(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2017
nonsoroyalty:

1. getjar

7. Downloading one song...Just one song, and that song will destroy your phone with virus.

9. You were a big boy if you could use a whole 1mb to download 1 game...1mb was like 1 terabyte then.

10. Choosing screen size before you download anything. Lol. Not like now that all applications adjust themselves to your phone.

12. There was one time MTN was advertising games that could be downloaded with N200. I called MTN and told them I wanted to download the game. The lady that picked up told me that I should wait for the game to land in my phone. N200 was deducted....many years after and I am still waiting for the game.��

you forgot the various shades of opera mini and the hosts of configurations for free browsing.

4 Likes

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Opistorincos(m): 10:36am On Aug 30, 2017
You've forgotten about multi-player games like pes, real football and the likes. Action games like beowulf, splinter cell, prince of Persia etc. Days of access point creation and editing with class editor, blue ftp to create, and modify themes, to also hide files, it also serves as our xender back then. To browse free then, all you have to do is use 10.199.212.2 as ip and you're good to go. We've come a long way

4 Likes

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Gptech(m): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2017
Opistorincos:
You've forgotten about multi-player games like pes, real football and the likes. Action games like beowulf, splinter cell, prince of Persia etc. Days of access point creation and editing with class editor, blue ftp to create, and modify themes, to also hide files, it also serves as our xender back then. To browse free then, all you have to do is use 10.199.212.2 as ip and you're good to go. We've come a long way
Funny thing is I prefer playing the old Pes on my java phone when bored rather than play any Android game, this even happened yesterday grin.

1 Like

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Emerikoss: 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2017
Walai choosing screen size before you download no be small oo,when sending anything is through Bluetooth even if the size is big or multiple items,u have to wait chai,I'll never forget sefan.ru,waptrick etc... When if u can't set access point no browsing for yougrin
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by CaptainJay01(m): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2017
Lol... Problem with Sefan.ru is choosing d screen size and language at the top

3 Likes

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by pr0blem: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
There was one cheat reigning then, with wapking.
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by pr0blem: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
Emerikoss:
Walai choosing screen size before you download no be small oo,when sending anything is through Bluetooth even if the size is big or multiple items,u have to wait chai,I'll never forget sefan.ru,waptrick etc... When if u can't set access point no browsing for yougrin

i once transferred files sef using infra-red.LOL
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by nans24: 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
Funny thing is back then 2go was like the badhest messager..2go!! can you imagine. cheesy
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Emerikoss: 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
pr0blem:

i once transferred files sef using infra-red.LOL
cheesy
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Debroslink: 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
Who remembers Casts Opera handler of 2010.

That was the dawn of handler apps in Nigeria.
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by Debroslink: 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
konfused:
....Days of handler , tor, freegate, freedom, changing IP for opera, using Nokia phone as a modem, browsing through proxy on my desktop .......alot has changed oooooo

That was before 2010. After 2010, we had Casts Opera, Modified Header for Mozilla Firefox, India Web Proxy, X181, and the legendary Simple Server.

1 Like

Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by itiswellandwell: 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
Those days of Nokia 3110c and Nokia e71. I was a big boy then with my Nokia e71.
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by dukeo(m): 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
Nigeria remembers
Re: They Will Never Know The Struggle by lenovoboy: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
nonsoroyalty:

1. getjar

sir I am born in the #indomie generation but I suffered all this.
old opera mini
uc browser
wadam
jave game (240*400)
refreshing Facebook page to view chat.
sefanru has a strange language like this [][][][][][][][][][][]
5mb could last one week and you try every thing to finish it before it expires.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 3 For Sale At Cheap Price (negotiable) / More Premium Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 With 8GB RAM, All Ceramic White Body Coming Soon / LEAGOO T5c Unboxing And Quick Review In Pidgin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.